ImageImageImageImageImage

Summer League Thread // Schedule Released: Zion vs RJ July 5th

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

ElBichote
Ballboy
And1: 18

Re: Summer League Thread // Schedule Released: Zion vs RJ July 5th 

Post#1161 » by ElBichote » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:19 am

BeagleBoss wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
BeagleBoss wrote:The coaches need to ban Knox from taking that step back 3. Not sure of the percentage but I bet he shoots extremely low on that type of shot.

it's just annoying that there's NOBODY on the planet who shoots that at even a decent clip, yet knox continues to shoot those. it's very JR Smith-esque, which is not someone you want to follow in the footsteps of.

he removes that from his "repertoire" and he'll be a lot better.

All the kids nowadays want to be James Harden and don't get it's a bad shot and he's the only one on the planet who makes that on a good clip.

This. So many of Knox's shots are "superstar" shots, fade-away deep jumpers that only the league's best off-the-dribble shooters should take--Curry, Durant, Harden (that's about it).

He has role player talent which is not a bad thing. Incredible length, decent handles, and a fundamentally sound jumpshot.

I get that the Knicks were in full tank mode last season, and letting Knox do what he wanted to on the offensive end contributed to that cause. The coaching staff has to reinvent his game this year... he won't last in the league if he doesn't learn how to play off the ball.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#1162 » by br7knicks » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:24 am

ElBichote wrote:
BeagleBoss wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
it's just annoying that there's NOBODY on the planet who shoots that at even a decent clip, yet knox continues to shoot those. it's very JR Smith-esque, which is not someone you want to follow in the footsteps of.

he removes that from his "repertoire" and he'll be a lot better.

All the kids nowadays want to be James Harden and don't get it's a bad shot and he's the only one on the planet who makes that on a good clip.

This. So many of Knox's shots are "superstar" shots, fade-away deep jumpers that only the league's best off-the-dribble shooters should take--Curry, Durant, Harden (that's about it).

He has role player talent which is not a bad thing. Incredible length, decent handles, and a fundamentally sound jumpshot.

I get that the Knicks were in full tank mode last season, and letting Knox do what he wanted to on the offensive end contributed to that cause. The coaching staff has to reinvent his game this year... he won't last in the league if he doesn't learn how to play off the ball.

yeah, but a good coach would rope an idiot like that in. knox played like a complete idiot last season.

in SL, he showed signs of improvement. but he also showed some of those step-back jumper idiocies. it's on the coach to do something about it. the SL coach sat knox, barrett, and iggy for playing like idiots. he should take over for Fiz.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
ElBichote
Ballboy

Post#1163 » by ElBichote » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:27 am

br7knicks wrote:
ElBichote wrote:
BeagleBoss wrote:

yeah, but a good coach would rope an idiot like that in. knox played like a complete idiot last season.

in SL, he showed signs of improvement. but he also showed some of those step-back jumper idiocies. it's on the coach to do something about it. the SL coach sat knox, barrett, and iggy for playing like idiots. he should take over for Fiz.

I don't disagree.

But Fiz's mandate last season was to lose as much as possible.

And yeah, he did that at the expense of the young players' development--to spend a season in such a toxic, losing environment is not a great situation to learn the NBA game.

Let's wait and see what Fiz does this season to rein in the youth when, ostensibly, the goal is a push for the 8th seed.
br7knicks

Post#1164 » by br7knicks » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:47 am

ElBichote wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
ElBichote wrote:

I don't disagree.

And yeah, he did that at the expense of the young players' development--to spend a season in such a toxic, losing environment is not a great situation to learn the NBA game.

Let's wait and see what Fiz does this season to rein in the youth when, ostensibly, the goal is a push for the 8th seed.

yeah, the goal was to tank and gain a good spot in the lottery. but what would've been more important was to rope in the young guys and teach them how good basketball is done to lead to winning. he didn't show a lot of hope in that area.

he let a lot of **** basketball happen, and not a lot of exposure of good, youth basketball. if there was one or the other, it would've been fine. but he showed no positive signs.

i was high on fiz. but the past season showed that he is not the right coach. i hope he changes his ways and fixes how poorly of a coach he is, but i won't hold my breath. i'm a long-time knicks fan, so i know better than to get my hopes up. but hat just means there's a lot of room for good
RIP, magnumt '19

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,374

Post#1165 » by god shammgod » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:47 am

Read on Twitter
ElBichote
Ballboy

Post#1166 » by ElBichote » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:51 am

god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

Congrats to Mitch but Summer League is such bull. Can't believe fans get wrapped up in how players perform during this West 4th style streetball tournament.

Not a single 2019 lotto pick in that 1st team. Sure, the lotto produces busts, but are we supposed to believe that every franchise's scouting department completely dropped the ball this year?

Nah, F outta here.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#1167 » by god shammgod » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:55 am

ElBichote wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

Congrats to Mitch but Summer League is such bull. Can't believe fans get wrapped up in how players perform during this West 4th style streetball tournament.

Not a single 2019 lotto pick in that 1st team. Sure, the lotto produces busts, but are we supposed to believe that every franchise's scouting department completely dropped the ball this year?

Nah, F outta here.

sir, this is a wendy's
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#1168 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:56 am

god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

He led the summer league in fouls/min played?
br7knicks

Post#1169 » by br7knicks » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:57 am

god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

he played pretty stupidly the first 2 games, though. blocking obvious goaltends.

i just hope it doesn't go to his head. he's better when he plays the underdog card, with a chip on his shoulder.

trier tries to do the same, but trier plays so stupidly. i just hope mitch keeps the course of a humble player and shows the league that he's a force to be reckoned with, and not a simply a name. i don't want him to be larry sanders 2.0
RIP, magnumt '19

god shammgod
RealGM

Post#1170 » by god shammgod » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:59 am

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

why are you still at work ? i fired you days ago.
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,616

Post#1171 » by Billy Goat » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:07 am

ElBichote wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

Nah, F outta here.

About half(probably more) of the 2019 lotto picks didnt play.
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#1172 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:25 am

god shammgod wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

mmm .. that didn't work either :lol:
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#1173 » by Mecca » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:25 am

Christian Wood would be a smart pickup. Dude hoops whenever he gets burn.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,948

Post#1174 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:34 am

ElBichote wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
ElBichote wrote:

I don't disagree.

Absolving Fiz of blame because we were trying to tank is wrong. He did a horrible job, and we hope he improves this year, but he deserves every bit of blame for letting Mudiay, Knox, etc. chuck. Brett Brown, for example, provided a really good balance. I'm also pretty sure we had to sign all these vets cause Fiz didn't know how to teach the young guys.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Post#1175 » by robillionaire » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:11 am

I don't completely absolve Fizdale because we were tanking. But I'm willing to give him a chance to turn it around, he is definitely on the hot seat though, I'm not even looking for a lot of wins, just some semblance of a functional offense or rotations that actually make sense. I don't suspect he is going to be fired though.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,915

Post#1176 » by stuporman » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:17 am

The fact that anyone is taking Mitch's SL fouls in any way, shape or form seriously is the highest order of roflication evar!

:rofl:
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
br7knicks

Post#1177 » by br7knicks » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:23 am

stuporman wrote:The fact that anyone is taking Mitch's SL fouls in any way, shape or form seriously is the highest order of roflication evar!

you can enjoy bad habits from players. but i prefer better play

:nod:
RIP, magnumt '19

stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,915

Post#1178 » by stuporman » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:49 am

br7knicks wrote:
stuporman wrote:The fact that anyone is taking Mitch's SL fouls in any way, shape or form seriously is the highest order of roflication evar!

You just don't get it, he wasn't taking the foul limit seriously, pretty much mocking it. Even the defensive goaltends, too, he was going full honeybadger.

Then he cleaned it up in the latter games, he's no dummy, so sly and fly.

I thought it was so funny and it will have no effect on his play this season. :lol:
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,555

Post#1179 » by Capn'O » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:54 am

god shammgod wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

George Costanza ass mofo.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,555

Post#1180 » by Capn'O » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:56 am

stuporman wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

You just don't get it, he wasn't taking the foul limit seriously, pretty much mocking it. Even the defensive goaltends, too, he was going full honeybadger.

I thought it was so funny and it will have no effect on his play this season. :lol:

Also, he can't be held accountable because he was drunk.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:

Return to New York Knicks