ImageImageImageImageImage

Summer League Thread // Schedule Released: Zion vs RJ July 5th

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Re: Summer League Thread // Schedule Released: Zion vs RJ July 5th 

Post#41 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:57 am

Obligatory highlight vid though

thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#42 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:03 pm

So, the confirmed SL players so far are

Knox
Trier
Mitch
(all 3 for unknown number of games)

RJ
WiggyB
Wilkes

Zak Irvin (GLeague Knicks)
Lamar Peters (undrafted)
Tyler Cavanaugh (unaffiliated GLeague guy)
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Post#43 » by F N 11 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:04 pm

ny-n-md wrote:If Frank plays, then why not DSJ? They’re from the same draft class separated by one pick. I don’t think either plays nor Dotson who was in the same draft.

You know what you getting from Dot you know what you getting from DSJ. Frank has not established anything and needs all the minutes with his teammates he can get. Perfect chance next to RJ.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
camillepd
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#44 » by camillepd » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:13 pm

According to this article Lamar Peters could be elite:

http://www.reflector-online.com/sports/article_e1d2a910-5637-11e9-8ee3-9bcdceda0f27.htmlters could be elite:
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#45 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:13 pm

Damn. Peters sets his feet really fast and gets his shot up really fast, with range and accuracy

I think he sticks in the league

Also, that handle keeps defenders off balance and they have to respect his shot.

I dunno - there are guys with way better scouting eyes than me, but it just seems like he has "it"

Maybe WiggyB is this years "Mitch" and Peters is this years "Trier"

*edit* - based on that article, even though he's a junior, maybe still needs to sort out his decision making a bit. Sounds like another guy, what was his name? Oh year, Trier.

Peters might be more likely to be G-League bound, but feels like he could emerge from there.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#46 » by MaseInYourFace » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:17 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:So, the confirmed SL players so far are

Knox
Trier
Mitch

RJ
WiggyB
Wilkes

Lamar Peters (undrafted)

What about the D2 kid?
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#47 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:18 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:So, the confirmed SL players so far are

Knox
Trier
Mitch

RJ
WiggyB
Wilkes

Lamar Peters (undrafted)

What about the D2 kid?

Good catch

Knox
Trier
Mitch

RJ
WiggyB
Wilkes (undrafted)
Austin (undrafted)

Lamar Peters (undrafted)
Tyler Cavanaugh (unaffiliated GLeague guy)[/quote]
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,529

Post#48 » by Fat Kat » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:20 pm

ny-n-md wrote:I can’t wait for the first game. Not only will the rookies play, but I want to see Mitch vs Hayes. Will Mitch block Zion at the rim? Mitch will have his hands full this game but he’s such a high motor athlete he’ll still have impact. Should be fun.

Mitch with 10 fouls is a nightmare for opponents
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#49 » by MaseInYourFace » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:21 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Damn. Peters sets his feet really fast and gets his shot up really fast, with range and accuracy

Also, that handle keeps defenders off balance and they have to respect his shot.

I dunno - there are guys with way better scouting eyes than me, but it just seems like he has "it"

*edit* - based on that article, even though he's a junior, maybe still needs to sort out his decision making a bit. Sounds like another guy, what was his name? Oh year, Trier.

Peters might be more likely to be G-League bound, but feels like he could emerge from there.

I can usually tell pretty quickly watching a guy why he wasn’t picked. I can’t really tell with this guy. Would have to dig deeper.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
ny-n-md
Sixth Man
And1: 1,386

Post#50 » by ny-n-md » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:24 pm

F N 11 wrote:
ny-n-md wrote:If Frank plays, then why not DSJ? They’re from the same draft class separated by one pick. I don’t think either plays nor Dotson who was in the same draft.

You know what you getting from Dot you know what you getting from DSJ. Frank has not established anything and needs all the minutes with his teammates he can get. Perfect chance next to RJ.

I agree, but DSJ gets a lot of hate on these parts while Frank still has supporters. I think it is very telling on how people really feel to not include DSJ while suggesting Frank plays. We all know he can ball. I really hope they both pan out. 2 different types of players that complement each other.
JUST PLAY THE KIDS ALREADY!!!!!
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#51 » by MaseInYourFace » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:25 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Damn. Peters sets his feet really fast and gets his shot up really fast, with range and accuracy

I can usually tell pretty quickly watching a guy why he wasn’t picked. I can’t really tell with this guy. Would have to dig deeper.

Ohh he’s very small! He looked taller in the tape.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#52 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:26 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:

Ohh he’s very small! He looked taller in the tape.

Yup, height is an issue. But guys like Van Fleet recently, Nate Rob earlier - sometimes they make it.
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#53 » by Fat Kat » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:31 pm

ny-n-md wrote:
F N 11 wrote:

I agree, but DSJ gets a lot of hate on these parts while Frank still has supporters. I think it is very telling on how people really feel to not include DSJ while suggesting Frank plays. We all know he can ball. I really hope they both pan out. 2 different types of players that complement each other.

My take is that these types of games give a player a boost in confidence. Frank might need that, while DSJr. doesn’t lack in that area at all.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#54 » by MaseInYourFace » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:37 pm

I wouldn’t really play Trier unless you really stress to him to play more of a point role. Otherwise, pretty useless to have him there.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#55 » by Fat Kat » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:17 pm

Read on Twitter
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#56 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:28 pm

A couple games should be good to get some reps in during the summer time. That's likely the extent of it. All of them gotta be hyped for the first game for sure.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,407

Post#57 » by robillionaire » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:59 pm

RJ
Trier
Bradzingis
Knox
Mitch
ny-n-md
Sixth Man
And1: 1,386

Post#58 » by ny-n-md » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:01 pm

robillionaire wrote:RJ
Trier
Bradzingis
Knox
Mitch

Knox vs Zion will be a problem. That dude is super quick, strong and explosive. True test for Kev.
JUST PLAY THE KIDS ALREADY!!!!!
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,407

Post#59 » by robillionaire » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:32 pm

ny-n-md wrote:
robillionaire wrote:RJ
Trier
Bradzingis
Knox
Mitch

Knox vs Zion will be a problem. That dude is super quick, strong and explosive. True test for Kev.

yeah. zion vs anybody will probably be a problem, we don't really have anyone with the size and muscle to check him.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Post#60 » by F N 11 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:37 pm

ny-n-md wrote:
F N 11 wrote:

My only argument is if Frank can get his 3 point shooting to respectable he may be a better fit next to RJ. Just because Frank is bigger and can guard the opposing teams best guard. However if DSJ takes a big leap it will be hard. I feel Dotson would be automatic and a staple too, my point is I actually have faith in these kids to get better and make Fiz’s job hard.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.

Return to New York Knicks