ImageImageImageImageImage

Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread (One team open for 2019-20 season)

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,248

Re: Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread (Announcement page 62- Power rankings due Sunday night) 

Post#1321 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:41 am

HEZI wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
HEZI wrote:

:wassup:

26/17 on his head tho :devil:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Thomas Bryant's perfect night was something the NBA hadn't seen in nearly a quarter-century.

Bryant's 14 for 14 effort from the floor in Washington's triple-overtime 149-146 win over Phoenix on Saturday night was the first such game in the NBA since Gary Payton had the same shooting numbers in Seattle's win over Cleveland on Jan. 4, 1995.

Bryant became the fifth player to have a 14-for-14 game or better, joining Payton, Bailey Howell, Billy McKinney and Wilt Chamberlain.

On ya mans though

Your guy made history with one game but my guy made history with a whole season :wink:
Ayton dominated the glass throughout his rookie campaign as he ranked first among rookies (13th overall) with 10.3 rebounds per game to go along with his 16.3 points per game (4th among rookies). He led all rookies with 39 double-doubles on the season, nine more than second place Trae Young. Ayton reached his 30th double-double in his 51st career game and, since Shaquille O’Neal in 1992-93, only Blake Griffin, Emeka Okafor and Tim Duncan reached the mark in fewer career games (Basketball-Reference).

The Big Fella not only filled the stat sheet, but he did so at a highly efficient level ranking first among rookies and 10th overall in field goal percentage (58.5%). It is the highest field goal percentage by a rookie averaging a double-double in NBA history while also being the third-highest field goal percentage ever by a qualified rookie (Steve Johnson and Otis Thorpe).

Tell Bryant to tighten up tho. He seems to love getting destroying by my squad :lol:

You dont want the smoke!
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Re: Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread (Announcement page 62- Power rankings due Sunday night) 

Post#1322 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:43 am

Context wrote:you guys crack me up :lol:

When Mags, Greenie, Illmatic was here all we did was talk sh*t :lol:

RIP
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Context
RealGM
And1: 11,336

Post#1323 » by Context » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:52 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Context wrote:you guys crack me up :lol:

When Mags, Greenie, Illmatic was here all we did was talk sh*t :lol:

RIP

:lol:

I cant wait for the rankings to come out- but I m not ready to talk sh*t with you guys YET :lol:
I'm enjoying you and hezi going back and forth though :lol:

carry on :lol:
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 13,545

Post#1324 » by bishnykfan » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:11 am

TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT

The Cleveland Cavaliers have agreed to trade Justin Patton and the right to swap 1st round draft picks with the 1st round pick that Detroit owns from either Dallas or Boston- *Lottery protected to the Detroit Pistons in exchange for Kris Wilkes and Semi Ojeleye. *if pick swap is not made then an unprotected pick swap in 2022 will be conveyed with any 1st round pick that Detroit owns at the time of the draft)
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
bishnykfan

Post#1325 » by bishnykfan » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:17 am

Went over the maximum number of characters allowed in a post in the draft thread so had to move trades up to the game rules (first post in the mega thread). I didn't realize that was even a thing...lol, 45 Pistons trades will do that I guess! :D
All-Time Draft

Context
RealGM

Post#1326 » by Context » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:21 am

bishnykfan wrote:Went over the maximum number of characters allowed in a post in the draft thread so had to move trades up to the game rules (first post in the mega thread). I didn't realize that was even a thing...lol, 45 Pistons trades will do that I guess! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dinner is on me Bish :lol:
Go ahead- chime in everybody- I can take it :lol:
Spoiler:
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1327 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:24 am

Come at me HEZI
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#1328 » by HEZI » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:31 am

3toheadmelo wrote:You dont want the smoke!

Gotta reel you back in, you went from talking about his defense to now back to his offense. Dont care about his offense, but his defense is not good

TB cooking him again

Just for laughs :lol:

P.S. You really had to reach for a Julius Randle and Jonas highlights to go against my young prospect who is my backup? :lol:

I don't need to go there, I'm sticking to my 22 year old prospect vs your 21 year old
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Context
RealGM

Post#1329 » by Context » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:32 am

oooooh sh* Melo- apparently Hezi - wants the smoke :lol:
Spoiler:
bishnykfan

Post#1330 » by bishnykfan » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:33 am

Context wrote:
bishnykfan wrote:Went over the maximum number of characters allowed in a post in the draft thread so had to move trades up to the game rules (first post in the mega thread). I didn't realize that was even a thing...lol, 45 Pistons trades will do that I guess! :D

I'm just playing...keeping me more on my toes this offseason for sure though! LOL

Its more my OCD and not being able to keep everything together and organized that is gnawing away at me, like I said I didn't realize there was a character maximum per post...its over 60,000 or something it said! :D :D
All-Time Draft

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 47,699

Post#1331 » by DOT » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:34 am

BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Context
RealGM

Post#1332 » by Context » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:41 am

bishnykfan wrote:
Context wrote:

I'm just playing...keeping me more on my toes this offseason for sure though! LOL

Its more my OCD and not being able to keep everything together and organized that is gnawing away at me, like I said I didn't realize there was a character maximum per post...its over 60,000 or something it said! :D :D

I know- still taking you to dinner bro :lol: You're the best...you have no idea- -how much fun your time and dedication brings to many of us :D
Spoiler:
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#1333 » by HEZI » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:42 am

3toheadmelo wrote:Come at me HEZI

Your bigs don't want none

I'm stacked with young bigs you don't want none melo
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Context
RealGM

Post#1334 » by Context » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:45 am

HEZI wrote:

I want a pre season match up at this point family :nod:
Spoiler:
Brazilian Knick
Bench Warmer
And1: 982

Post#1335 » by Brazilian Knick » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:31 am

Context wrote:
HEZI wrote:

I want a pre season match up at this point family :nod:

Pre season match ups would be soooo fun. :D :nod: It would be great if the SIM had this feature.
MIAMI HEAT BAF 2020-21
G: Blue Arrow | |
G: The Beard | |
F: | |
F: | |
C: | |
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1336 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:50 am

HEZI wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:You dont want the smoke!

Gotta reel you back in, you went from talking about his defense to now back to his offense. Dont care about his offense, but his defense is not good

TB cooking him again

Just for laughs :lol:

P.S. You really had to reach for a Julius Randle and Jonas highlights to go against my young prospect who is my backup? :lol:

I don't need to go there, I'm sticking to my 22 year old prospect vs your 21 year old

Bryant isn't good on defense either though :lol:

And Im not reaching. Cause I thought you said you wanted the smoke. Im locked n loaded. The butcher coming n*gga.. :o :o
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1337 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:54 am

HEZI wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Context
RealGM

Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread (Announcement page 62- Power rankings due Sunday night) 

Post#1338 » by Context » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:54 am

Here's a top of the morning for you cap:

Capn'O wrote:
In his first meeting with the media Thursday, you wouldn’t have tabbed Gilgeous-Alexander as a player coming off a Second Team All-Rookie season as a 20-year-old starter for a 48-win playoff team.

"Honestly, I was just grateful for the opportunity," Gilgeous-Alexander said of guarding Curry and playing an integral role in the Clippers’ season. "Not a lot of guys get to experience that in their rookie season.
"I learned so much, from the preparation before the game to things during the game, things that will go with me for the rest of my career. Me being blessed to experience them and learn them early is something special and I appreciate that."

"I am not Russell Westbrook," Gilgeous-Alexander said with no malice. "I do not have the same name, same body type, stuff like that. So, I’m just going to try to be myself and be the best me and everything else will take care of itself.

"I’m just a basketball player. Regardless of the situation, I’m going to continue to work hard and play my game. I know that eventually it will come out. I don’t worry about starting. I’m not worried about accolades or things like that. I just work hard, keep my head down and (stay) true to who I am."

I like Shai...I'm intrigued to see what he develops into...
Spoiler:
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread (Announcement page 62- Power rankings due Sunday night) 

Post#1339 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:50 pm

Context wrote:Here's a top of the morning for you cap:

Capn'O wrote:
In his first meeting with the media Thursday, you wouldn’t have tabbed Gilgeous-Alexander as a player coming off a Second Team All-Rookie season as a 20-year-old starter for a 48-win playoff team.

"Honestly, I was just grateful for the opportunity," Gilgeous-Alexander said of guarding Curry and playing an integral role in the Clippers’ season. "Not a lot of guys get to experience that in their rookie season.
"I learned so much, from the preparation before the game to things during the game, things that will go with me for the rest of my career. Me being blessed to experience them and learn them early is something special and I appreciate that."

"I am not Russell Westbrook," Gilgeous-Alexander said with no malice. "I do not have the same name, same body type, stuff like that. So, I’m just going to try to be myself and be the best me and everything else will take care of itself.

"I’m just a basketball player. Regardless of the situation, I’m going to continue to work hard and play my game. I know that eventually it will come out. I don’t worry about starting. I’m not worried about accolades or things like that. I just work hard, keep my head down and (stay) true to who I am."

Okc should give him the keys and trade Chris Paul
Context
RealGM

Post#1340 » by Context » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:02 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Context wrote:Here's a top of the morning for you cap:

Capn'O wrote:

Okc should give him the keys and trade Chris Paul

I think he will eventually get it but -who wants thats contract Melo?
Spoiler:

Return to New York Knicks