ImageImageImageImageImage

Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread (Rule Change proposal on page 72)

Moderators: Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, K-DOT, Thugger HBC, Jeff Van Gully, GONYK, King of Canada, j4remi, Capn'O, mrpoetryNmotion, mpharris36

User avatar
swisscheeseD
NCAA Bracket Challenge Champion
Posts: 8,869
And1: 3,658
Joined: Jan 26, 2007
Location: Tonight's The Night
     

Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread 

Post#1401 » by swisscheeseD » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:31 am

bishnykfan wrote:
swisscheeseD wrote:According to the current extension rules, what is the min/max extension I can offer Anfernee Simons?


His contract would go to $16/4 if you were to give him an extension before the season starts.


Since I have Bird Rights, can I wait til next offseason to extend him?
Chicago Bulls

PG: M.Conley / D.Rose / Y.Ferrell
SG: E.Turner / M.Belinelli / A.Simons
SF: K.Leonard / P.Connaughton / L.Stephenson / J.Ennis
PF: T.Young / M.Williams / N.Mirotic
C: D.Favors / M.Harrell
User avatar
NewEra
General Manager
Posts: 9,880
And1: 3,616
Joined: Oct 11, 2007

Re: Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread 

Post#1402 » by NewEra » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:48 pm

Don’t know where Pooch is but I ranked him pretty damn high. Heck he might be GM of the year after being able to pull together AD, and PG13. Then you add Trae Young to the mix. Pooch definitely did his thing.
GSW BAF
PG- Steph Curry
SG- Marcus Smart
SF- PJ Tucker
PF- Lamarcus Aldridge
C- Andre Drummond

TJ McConnell
Taj Gibson
Rondae Hollis Jefferson
Joe Johnson
Wilson Chandler
Bismack Biyombo
Jodie Meeks
Alfonzo McKinnie
Mateese Thybulle
Greg Monroe
User avatar
Smash3
RealGM
Posts: 10,431
And1: 6,440
Joined: Apr 17, 2009

Re: Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread 

Post#1403 » by Smash3 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:38 pm

NewEra wrote:Don’t know where Pooch is but I ranked him pretty damn high. Heck he might be GM of the year after being able to pull together AD, and PG13. Then you add Trae Young to the mix. Pooch definitely did his thing.


Definitely EOY, this time a year Pooch is on a world tour so he probably had no time to do the rankings :lol:
Rip City
G: Kyrie Irving | D.J. Augustin
G: Courtney Lee | Jonathan Simmon
F: Kevin Durant | Justin Jackson
F: Marvin Bagley | Jeff Green
C: JaVale McGee | Dwight Powell
User avatar
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 60,929
And1: 32,475
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread 

Post#1404 » by mpharris36 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:47 pm

Had pooch ranked 2nd in my ratings behind dallas
BAF Spurs:

C - Nerlens Noel/Ante Zizic/Nene
PF - Michael Porter Jr/Cheick Diallo/Omari Spellman
SF - Mikal Bridges/MKG/Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk
SG - Luke Kennard/Lonnie Walker/Wayne Seldon
PG - Frank Ntilikina/ Markelle Fultz/Tony Carr
User avatar
Context
RealGM
Posts: 21,077
And1: 6,309
Joined: Jul 06, 2005
Location: not the circus!
 

Re: Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread 

Post#1405 » by Context » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:24 pm

Smash3 wrote:
NewEra wrote:Don’t know where Pooch is but I ranked him pretty damn high. Heck he might be GM of the year after being able to pull together AD, and PG13. Then you add Trae Young to the mix. Pooch definitely did his thing.


Definitely EOY, this time a year Pooch is on a world tour so he probably had no time to do the rankings :lol:

what world tour? I'm looking for him...hasnt checked his pm in a month...
“The kid can play,” Robinson said of Barrett“He goes at everybody strong. If he’s a rookie, and he’s doing that, I think he’ll have a great career ahead of him.”
User avatar
Smash3
RealGM
Posts: 10,431
And1: 6,440
Joined: Apr 17, 2009

Re: Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread 

Post#1406 » by Smash3 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:41 pm

Context wrote:
Smash3 wrote:
NewEra wrote:Don’t know where Pooch is but I ranked him pretty damn high. Heck he might be GM of the year after being able to pull together AD, and PG13. Then you add Trae Young to the mix. Pooch definitely did his thing.


Definitely EOY, this time a year Pooch is on a world tour so he probably had no time to do the rankings :lol:

what world tour? I'm looking for him...hasnt checked his pm in a month...


You gotta hold on until October probably
Rip City
G: Kyrie Irving | D.J. Augustin
G: Courtney Lee | Jonathan Simmon
F: Kevin Durant | Justin Jackson
F: Marvin Bagley | Jeff Green
C: JaVale McGee | Dwight Powell
User avatar
Brazilian Knick
Rookie
Posts: 1,022
And1: 665
Joined: Aug 28, 2017
Location: Brazil
   

Re: Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread 

Post#1407 » by Brazilian Knick » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:47 pm

Image

Image
MIAMI HEAT BAF 2019-20
G: Blue Arrow | Seth | Arcidiacono
G: The Beard | Bazemore | C. Payne
F: Ariza | Roberson | Robinson III
F: Tobias | Ilyasova | Ellenson
C: Capela | C. Zeller | Kaminsky
User avatar
Capn'O
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 50,950
And1: 37,767
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Location: Let's stop and get a hot dog
 

Re: Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread 

Post#1408 » by Capn'O » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:08 am

NewEra wrote:Don’t know where Pooch is but I ranked him pretty damn high. Heck he might be GM of the year after being able to pull together AD, and PG13. Then you add Trae Young to the mix. Pooch definitely did his thing.


I had him quite high too. I think second in the West. Gotta give the champs the benefit of the doubt.
BAF Clippers
PG: SGA/Payton/Napier
SG: G. Harris/THT/Korkmaz
SF: Little/KCP/Dekker
PF: Isaac/M. Leonard/Vanderbilt/
C: Nurkic/M. Gasol/Holmes

RIP Mags :beer:
User avatar
Phish Tank
RealGM
Posts: 16,221
And1: 8,891
Joined: Nov 09, 2004
Location: Your Timepiece
   

Re: Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread 

Post#1409 » by Phish Tank » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:51 am

Pooch was in my Top 10... but so was KOC
Image

BAF- Houston Rockets:
PG: Fox/Jerome Rob/Okobo
SG: Hield/Huerter/
SF: Huerter/Hunter/Melo
PF: Skal/Melo/PJ
C: Jaxson Hayes/Willy/
Exempt: Edy Tavares

Inactive: Waiters, Swanigan, Leuer, Snell, Louis King, Smailagic
User avatar
2010
Knicks Forum A Helluva Poster
Posts: 23,372
And1: 16,024
Joined: Jul 24, 2008
       

Re: Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread 

Post#1410 » by 2010 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:33 am

Miami ranked me #21. We're gonna bust their ass when we play them!
Image Image

We The North...

1: Sexton | Collison | Mudiay
2: Redick | Harris | Burks
3: Knox | Hood | Korver
4: Towns | Portis | Randolph
5: Cousins | ✖ | Jones

G League: Dotson | Caboclo | Konate
User avatar
Brazilian Knick
Rookie
Posts: 1,022
And1: 665
Joined: Aug 28, 2017
Location: Brazil
   

Re: Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread 

Post#1411 » by Brazilian Knick » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:04 am

2010 wrote:Miami ranked me #21. We're gonna bust their ass when we play them!

Image

Harden & Capela Will have no mercy on Toronto... 8-)


Image

Image

:lol:
MIAMI HEAT BAF 2019-20
G: Blue Arrow | Seth | Arcidiacono
G: The Beard | Bazemore | C. Payne
F: Ariza | Roberson | Robinson III
F: Tobias | Ilyasova | Ellenson
C: Capela | C. Zeller | Kaminsky
User avatar
bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
Posts: 9,603
And1: 4,479
Joined: Jan 10, 2002
Location: Upstate NY

Re: Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread 

Post#1412 » by bishnykfan » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:38 pm

TRANSACTION

The Charlotte Hornets have agreed to a buyout with Wilson Chandler.
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
User avatar
bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
Posts: 9,603
And1: 4,479
Joined: Jan 10, 2002
Location: Upstate NY

Re: Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread 

Post#1413 » by bishnykfan » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:39 pm

TRANSACTION

The Charlotte Hornets have agreed to a maximum contract extension with Jaren Jackson Jr.
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
User avatar
Brazilian Knick
Rookie
Posts: 1,022
And1: 665
Joined: Aug 28, 2017
Location: Brazil
   

Re: Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread 

Post#1414 » by Brazilian Knick » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:43 pm

Jamal Murray has just called me saying he'll probably score 50 with Sexton guarding him next season...

Image
MIAMI HEAT BAF 2019-20
G: Blue Arrow | Seth | Arcidiacono
G: The Beard | Bazemore | C. Payne
F: Ariza | Roberson | Robinson III
F: Tobias | Ilyasova | Ellenson
C: Capela | C. Zeller | Kaminsky
User avatar
bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
Posts: 9,603
And1: 4,479
Joined: Jan 10, 2002
Location: Upstate NY

Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread 

Post#1415 » by bishnykfan » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:01 pm

swisscheeseD wrote:
bishnykfan wrote:
swisscheeseD wrote:According to the current extension rules, what is the min/max extension I can offer Anfernee Simons?


His contract would go to $16/4 if you were to give him an extension before the season starts.


Since I have Bird Rights, can I wait til next offseason to extend him?


The way the rule is set up now you can extend him before next season but you wouldn't be able to give him a max extension. You would get him for cheaper ($13 instead of $16) but you'd only get to extend him for one additional year instead of the two that you can now. So if you waited until next year to extend him his contract would be $13/2. Basically, you'd lose a year of control for the cheaper price.

K-DOT's extension amendment will be posted tomorrow morning. You may want to wait until that gets voted on (I think it definitely makes sense and should pass for what that's worth). Assuming that it does, the amended rule will slightly alter everything I have said so far though.
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
User avatar
2010
Knicks Forum A Helluva Poster
Posts: 23,372
And1: 16,024
Joined: Jul 24, 2008
       

Re: Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread 

Post#1416 » by 2010 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:13 am

Brazilian Knick wrote:Jamal Murray has just called me saying he'll probably score 50 with Sexton guarding him next season...

Image



Live look at Andre Roberson's post summer workout routine...

Spoiler:
Image
Image Image

We The North...

1: Sexton | Collison | Mudiay
2: Redick | Harris | Burks
3: Knox | Hood | Korver
4: Towns | Portis | Randolph
5: Cousins | ✖ | Jones

G League: Dotson | Caboclo | Konate
User avatar
Brazilian Knick
Rookie
Posts: 1,022
And1: 665
Joined: Aug 28, 2017
Location: Brazil
   

Re: Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread 

Post#1417 » by Brazilian Knick » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:08 am

2010 wrote:
Brazilian Knick wrote:Jamal Murray has just called me saying he'll probably score 50 with Sexton guarding him next season...

Image



Live look at Andre Roberson's post summer workout routine...

Spoiler:
Image


Highlights of next season's first Harden vs KAT duel... :lol:

MIAMI HEAT BAF 2019-20
G: Blue Arrow | Seth | Arcidiacono
G: The Beard | Bazemore | C. Payne
F: Ariza | Roberson | Robinson III
F: Tobias | Ilyasova | Ellenson
C: Capela | C. Zeller | Kaminsky
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 31,652
And1: 26,200
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread 

Post#1418 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:14 pm

Lmao
Read on Twitter
Cavs Nation
Dennis Smith Jr/Dunn/Cook
Zach Lavine/Frank Jackson/Brown Jr
Jayson Tatum/Osman/O'Neale
Julius Randle/DFS/Bolden
Deandre Ayton/Bam

It's like when n*ggas make subliminal records
If it ain't directed directly at me, I don't respect it
User avatar
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 33,955
And1: 11,741
Joined: Jun 23, 2008
         

Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread 

Post#1419 » by j4remi » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:31 pm

bishnykfan wrote:The way the rule is set up now you can extend him before next season but you wouldn't be able to give him a max extension. You would get him for cheaper ($13 instead of $16) but you'd only get to extend him for one additional year instead of the two that you can now. So if you waited until next year to extend him his contract would be $13/2. Basically, you'd lose a year of control for the cheaper price.

K-DOT's extension amendment will be posted tomorrow morning. You may want to wait until that gets voted on (I think it definitely makes sense and should pass for what that's worth). Assuming that it does, the amended rule will slightly alter everything I have said so far though.


Just to confirm, the hard deadline on these extensions is the start of the season? I'm taking decisions on Zhaire's extension and making roster space for Gafford to the limit so I can see as much as possible from them first :lol:
PG - Morris/Caruso
SG - Booker/Z.Smith/Brown
SF - Culver/Thabo
PF - Saric/Justin Jackson/ Niang
C - Vonleh/Hartenstein

Reserve - Alize
IR - Gobert

Ex A. Kaba J. Obiesie, Gafford

Finally a Recaps Stash:
https://medium.com/@j4remi
User avatar
bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
Posts: 9,603
And1: 4,479
Joined: Jan 10, 2002
Location: Upstate NY

Re: Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread 

Post#1420 » by bishnykfan » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:23 pm

EDIT
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins

Return to New York Knicks