ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: NFL Draft Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

louisorr
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,386

Re: OT: Official Giants Thread 

Post#621 » by louisorr » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:08 pm

completely off topic here, but, WFT considering keeping the name is a blatant dog whistle.
Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,359

Post#622 » by Ray Williams » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:40 pm

I’m hoping either Pitts or Parsons slides to us. Either of those guys would take that unit to another level. If both are gone I hope Slater is still there.
And draft an edge rusher and offensive lineman in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd round the latest.
jermsknicks
Senior
And1: 254

Post#623 » by jermsknicks » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:45 pm

Ray Williams wrote:I’m hoping either Pitts or Parsons slides to us. Either of those guys would take that unit to another level. If both are gone I hope Slater is still there.
And draft an edge rusher and offensive lineman in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd round the latest.

I am thinking Slater, because losing Zeitler was underrated....target a DE in the 2nd.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#624 » by GONYK » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:46 pm

jermsknicks wrote:
Ray Williams wrote:I’m hoping either Pitts or Parsons slides to us. Either of those guys would take that unit to another level. If both are gone I hope Slater is still there.

I am thinking Slater, because losing Zeitler was underrated....target a DE in the 2nd.

That's pretty much my draft pool too. Slater, Parsons, or Pitts. One of them should reasonably slip to 11.

I don't think we have a need to take a CB at that slot now and there are no EDGE rushers worth the 11th pick.

If all 3 of those guys are gone though, that means Waddle and Smith are probably both there. Not a bad outcome.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,917

Post#625 » by blueNorange » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:50 pm

that'd be cool but you draft bpa, never for need.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Dave DaButcher
Sixth Man
And1: 4,296

Post#626 » by Dave DaButcher » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:25 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

This could certainly shake things up.
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,383

Post#627 » by FrozenEnvelope » Tue Sep 7, 2021 2:38 pm

Another season and week #1 coming up against Denver! How are we feeling?

I see a 7-9, 8-8 team at best. Which is fine if Jones proves to be the legit QB of the future but I'm not sure he is or will be. That OL is going to make it really difficult to properly analyze him.

But I like the defense and they will win us some games and keep us close in others.
-YogiBiz-
Pro Prospect
And1: 686

Post#628 » by -YogiBiz- » Tue Sep 7, 2021 2:54 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:Another season and week #1 coming up against Denver! How are we feeling?

I see a 7-9, 8-8 team at best. Which is fine if Jones proves to be the legit QB of the future but I'm not sure he is or will be. That OL is going to make it really difficult to properly analyze him.

But I like the defense and they will win us some games and keep us close in others.

9-8* :D
Juggynaut
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,815

Post#629 » by Juggynaut » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:08 pm

Y aren't the Giants and Jets thread stickied. FOOTBALL SEASON IS HERE.

And another mediocre at best season for the Giants. LETS GOOOOOOO
Little Italia
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,134

Post#630 » by Little Italia » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:58 am

Giants fan here. Don't believe in Daniel Jones but I didn't believe in Eli at first either. I just hope Jones proves me wrong but he doesn't have the "IT" factor that Eli had so I expect this will be Jones last year with BIG BLUE.

By the way, Dave Gettleman, is a horrible GM.

"New York Knicks will never win a championship with James Dolan at the helm. Off with his head!!"

WELCOME TO MEDIOCRE HELL
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran

Post#631 » by FrozenEnvelope » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:55 pm

I think for my sanity and mental health, I'm going to pretend yesterday did not happen cause that was one of the worst season openers I have ever seen. I was either angry or bored the entire game. There is really nothing good you can take from this game. The coaching and gameplan were terrible. The lack of defense was so disappointing. I don't want to disrespect Denver but we made them look elite. They did whatever they wanted the entire game! Their WRs were wide open with no defender in their vicinity! The offense was bad as expected. The OL was meh but Saquon looked awful and Jones looked the same with his dumb mistakes (WHY CAN'T THIS KID SLIDE?!!).

Gotta win on Thursday! Can't start the season 0-2 AGAIN.
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 792

Post#632 » by KOA » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:49 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:I think for my sanity and mental health, I'm going to pretend yesterday did not happen cause that was one of the worst season openers I have ever seen. I was either angry or bored the entire game. There is really nothing good you can take from this game. The coaching and gameplan were terrible. The lack of defense was so disappointing. I don't want to disrespect Denver but we made them look elite. They did whatever they wanted the entire game! Their WRs were wide open with no defender in their vicinity! The offense was bad as expected. The OL was meh but Saquon looked awful and Jones looked the same with his dumb mistakes (WHY CAN'T THIS KID SLIDE?!!).

Gotta win on Thursday! Can't start the season 0-2 AGAIN.

The play calling was the worst part about it. On the offensive side of the ball, Barkley was rarely used in open space. He gained 5 yards in his first carry and didn't see the ball again in that first series. He gained 4 yards on his second carry and didn't see the ball again in the second series. How is he supposed to build continuity? They decided to set up Kadarius Toney, an unproven rookie who has had basically no offseason, instead of running plays for Barkley... There were also virtually 0 slant routs run throughout the gam. When DJ is struggling, why aren't they making the game easier for him?

Defensively, players played decently, it was just terrible play-calling. 0 blitz efforts on 3rd/4th down. Gotta give credit to Bridgewater for staying in the pocket until the very last second each and every play. There were a number of pressures on Bridgewater with very few sacks/knock-downs.
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran

Post#633 » by FrozenEnvelope » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:07 pm

On the bright side maybe we will become numb to these type of losses because they happen way too often. But this was one of the worst losses I can remember. I know Dexter Lawrence will get blamed for stupidly jumping offsides on a freaking game winning FG attempt but there are a lot of people to blame here. I think Judge has done an awful job so far this season. This team is undisciplined and plays way too soft. The coordinators Garrett and Graham have also been just awful. Those gadget plays by Garrett resulting in 6-8 yard losses have got to go! They never work! And worst of all, to not go for the TD after the Bradberry INT screams what type of team this has become. They don't wanna win, they are scared to lose.

And Graham with this soft zone is killing me! I get not wanting to get beat deep and the pash rush is nonexistent but can we mix it up? Especially on 3rd down?!

The only guy I cannot complain about is Gano. He is money.

On our way to another 7-10 or 8-9 season at best.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,197

Post#634 » by mpharris36 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:11 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:On the bright side maybe we will become numb to these type of losses because they happen way too often. But this was one of the worst losses I can remember. I know Dexter Lawrence will get blamed for stupidly jumping offsides on a freaking game winning FG attempt but there are a lot of people to blame here. I think Judge has done an awful job so far this season. This team is undisciplined and plays way too soft. The coordinators Garrett and Graham have also been just awful. Those gadget plays by Garrett resulting in 6-8 yard losses have got to go! They never work! And worst of all, to not go for the TD after the Bradberry INT screams what type of team this has become. They don't wanna win, they are scared to lose.

And Graham with this soft zone is killing me! I get not wanting to get beat deep and the pash rush is nonexistent but can we mix it up? Especially on 3rd down?!

The only guy I cannot complain about is Gano. He is money.

On our way to another 7-10 or 8-9 season at best.

no way they get to 7 or 8 wins with this schedule. These were two of there most winnable games before the season started.

They got Teddy Bridgewater and Hinieke in b2b games and let them just walk down the field every possession. What happens when they play actual good offensive teams???
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,633

Post#635 » by DaGawd » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:26 pm

The only bright side is Gettleman might get the boot.. of course the next guy could be just as bad at his job with the old geezers we have making the hire….
BaF
Washington Wizards
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#636 » by mpharris36 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:59 pm

DaGawd wrote:The only bright side is Gettleman might get the boot.. of course the next guy could be just as bad at his job with the old geezers we have making the hire….

I'm at the point I want not one of them back. Judge and the coaching staff doesn't get a pass either.

But like you said it doesn't matter if John and Chris Mara keep making the decisions.

ROSTER

Dave_R
Sophomore
And1: 143

Post#637 » by Dave_R » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:27 pm

Maybe the WORST loss for the Giants I've seen because of HOW they lost. Worst play goes to Board -- you can't hold when Jones only has the one guy to beat -- just get in his way -- even if he tackles Jones, it's still a HUGE gain. BTW, what is the current completion percentage against the Giants? We need a pass rush badly (or we need to blitz more).
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran

Post#638 » by FrozenEnvelope » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:35 pm

It get's worse and worse. On the bright side, as mentioned, Gettleman get's fired and we make some serious changes and we'll have two top picks.

I just want Jones to continue to play well and develop and for some dumb team to trade for that bum Evan Engram.
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,401

Post#639 » by BadNewsBarnes » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:21 pm

Giants still don't have a pass rush...
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#640 » by mpharris36 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:50 pm

BadNewsBarnes wrote:Giants still don't have a pass rush...

or an offensive line that can open up a hole after all these years...Gettleman and Mara are a joke for running this franchise further into the ground since Reese left.

That why you don't use a #2 pick on a position that is solely reliant on 5 guys opening up holes. Barkley is a great kid and very likable...but drafting a RB #2 is malpractice in the NFL.

ROSTER

Return to New York Knicks