ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the Offseason, Take 2

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, King of Canada, mrpoetryNmotion, mpharris36, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, GONYK, K-DOT, NoLayupRule, Capn'O, Thugger HBC

User avatar
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 54,744
And1: 17,273
Joined: Oct 10, 2003
   

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1421 » by KnicksGod » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:31 pm

Read on Twitter
Enes Kanter still does not box out ___ Image
HerSports85
General Manager
Posts: 8,109
And1: 6,248
Joined: Dec 22, 2011
 

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1422 » by HerSports85 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:52 pm

He’s at it again

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter
User avatar
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 35,296
And1: 20,861
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1423 » by dakomish23 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:01 am

malik959 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Actually, KP never fulfilled "great" when he was here. Just "very good".

Also, he didn't want to be here, so for once the Knicks were proactive and cleared cap space and got back some assets.

It wasn't all for "KD & KI". Not by a long shot.

It was about cap space and taking a shot, for sure. It was also about making a decision not tying the franchise to KP for the next 5 years, if he wanted to be here or not, and he didn't.

It's almost like this hasn't been discussed over 500 pages or anything.

Yeah, the Knicks may have missed out on a "HOF'er".

It's just as likely they missed out on maxing out another version of Kevin Love.


Why didn’t he want to be here?

BBecause the Knicks weren't going to pay another injury prone player 170mil to only play 50 games a season, + Yanas wanted a larger role in the Knicks management in which they weren't having it, + KP has a night life issues that is on a down hill spiral and sooner or later he's going to find out the hard way about it.


They’ve come out and said they were gonna pay him. That’s not up for debate.

Janis wanted a larger role? He’s got it in DAL? B/C if not, they just signed up for 5 years there without it.

Nightlife? Again, they said they were gonna pay him.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2018/07/27/should-the-knicks-sign-kristaps-porzingis-to-an-extension-this-offseason/
:lol: :lol: :lol:

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128
User avatar
DaT WaVeY RiCaN
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,508
And1: 1,543
Joined: Jan 23, 2013
Location: 860 CT
     

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1424 » by DaT WaVeY RiCaN » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:05 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Like I wasnt hype enough. NY is gonna really appriciate Iggy.
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
Posts: 28,698
And1: 6,610
Joined: Jun 27, 2010
Location: NBA Lottery Dais
     

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1425 » by AllanHoustonFan » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:10 pm

HerSports85 wrote:He’s at it again

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter

Charles was right...how is going to survive in NY
#MKGA
User avatar
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 58,280
And1: 26,523
Joined: Jun 27, 2003
Location: Frankie N Baby
   

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1426 » by GONYK » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:16 pm

AllanHoustonFan wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:He’s at it again

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter

Charles was right...how is going to survive in NY


If he comes back and he's not right...

Image
Hes_On_Fire
Rookie
Posts: 1,139
And1: 929
Joined: Dec 08, 2018

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1427 » by Hes_On_Fire » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:14 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
malik959 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Why didn’t he want to be here?

BBecause the Knicks weren't going to pay another injury prone player 170mil to only play 50 games a season, + Yanas wanted a larger role in the Knicks management in which they weren't having it, + KP has a night life issues that is on a down hill spiral and sooner or later he's going to find out the hard way about it.


They’ve come out and said they were gonna pay him. That’s not up for debate.

Janis wanted a larger role? He’s got it in DAL? B/C if not, they just signed up for 5 years there without it.

Nightlife? Again, they said they were gonna pay him.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2018/07/27/should-the-knicks-sign-kristaps-porzingis-to-an-extension-this-offseason/


There is zero chance Dolan ever fires Mills so the only person at risk would be Perry.
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 32,867
And1: 27,914
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1428 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:16 pm

HerSports85 wrote:He’s at it again

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter

Image
Cavs Nation
Dennis Smith Jr/Dunn/Cook
Zach Lavine/Frank Jackson/Brown Jr
Jayson Tatum/Osman/O'Neale
Bam Adebayo/DFS
Deandre Ayton/Julius Randle

It's like when n*ggas make subliminal records
If it ain't directed directly at me, I don't respect it
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 35,098
And1: 23,263
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1429 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:03 pm

GONYK wrote:
AllanHoustonFan wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:He’s at it again

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter

Charles was right...how is going to survive in NY


If he comes back and he's not right...

Image


Bonfire at the Cupcake Factory
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 55,189
And1: 23,328
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1430 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:29 pm

This was stated specifically in response to Klay Thompson but I would think it also applies to KP, who we don’t care about anymore.

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/09/klay-thompson-olympics-acl-golden-state-warriors/
Image
User avatar
stuporman
RealGM
Posts: 20,970
And1: 6,179
Joined: Nov 27, 2005
Location: optimistic skeptical realist

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1431 » by stuporman » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:24 pm

What's that smell? A cupcake dumpster fire?
Image?
User avatar
malik959
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,803
And1: 1,485
Joined: Apr 10, 2001
Location: Alabama (from L.I)
     

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1432 » by malik959 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:04 am

OK can somebody pleeeeeeaaase tell me how I can put on a new avatar
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 55,189
And1: 23,328
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1433 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:09 am

malik959 wrote:OK can somebody pleeeeeeaaase tell me how I can put on a new avatar


This must explain why you're living in Alabama. But if you lived in Suffolk County, you were properly prepared.

Click on your username (top right)

Click on "Edit profile"

On the left you'll see Avatar, click that on.

At the bottom there's a address box to paste the image you want. Make sure it's 100 x 100. Some images won't work depending on the site it comes from. Tenor, giphy, should work.
Image
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 35,098
And1: 23,263
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1434 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:19 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
malik959 wrote:OK can somebody pleeeeeeaaase tell me how I can put on a new avatar


This explains why you're living in Alabama.

Click on your username (top right)

Click on "Edit profile"

On the left you'll see Avatar, click that on.

At the bottom there's a box to past the image you want. Make sure it's 100 x 100. Some images won't work depending on the site it comes from. Tenor, giphy, should work.


Image
Image
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 55,189
And1: 23,328
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1435 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:20 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
malik959 wrote:OK can somebody pleeeeeeaaase tell me how I can put on a new avatar


This explains why you're living in Alabama.

Click on your username (top right)

Click on "Edit profile"

On the left you'll see Avatar, click that on.

At the bottom there's a box to past the image you want. Make sure it's 100 x 100. Some images won't work depending on the site it comes from. Tenor, giphy, should work.


Image
Image



Image
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 35,098
And1: 23,263
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1436 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:23 am

malik959 wrote:OK can somebody pleeeeeeaaase tell me how I can put on a new avatar


You will need an image that is 100 pixels high and wide
Host it at a site like imgur.com (free account)
upload the file there and copy the "direct link" file address
click your name on the upper right side
click the Profile tab
Edit Avatar
Choose "Remote Avatar"
paste the URL into Link Off-site field
leave at 100 x 100
submit

Send me $10 via PayPal @ WingoIsaManWhore@Gmail.com
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 55,189
And1: 23,328
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1437 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:25 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
malik959 wrote:OK can somebody pleeeeeeaaase tell me how I can put on a new avatar


You will need an image that is 100 pixels high and wide
Host it at a site like imgur.com (free account)
upload the file there and copy the "direct link" file address
click your name on the upper right side
click the Profile tab
Edit Avatar
Choose "Remote Avatar"
paste the URL into Link Off-site field
leave at 100 x 100
submit

Send me $10 via PayPal @ WingoIsaManWhore@Gmail.com


Don't listen to him, malik. When are you inviting us down to Alabama for a pig roast?
Image
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 35,098
And1: 23,263
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1438 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:27 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
malik959 wrote:OK can somebody pleeeeeeaaase tell me how I can put on a new avatar


You will need an image that is 100 pixels high and wide
Host it at a site like imgur.com (free account)
upload the file there and copy the "direct link" file address
click your name on the upper right side
click the Profile tab
Edit Avatar
Choose "Remote Avatar"
paste the URL into Link Off-site field
leave at 100 x 100
submit

Send me $10 via PayPal @ WingoIsaManWhore@Gmail.com


Don't listen to him, malik. When are you inviting us down to Alabama for a pig roast?


You ain't even a chicken hawk boy. Now go get me some BBQ before I have to whupp yo ass
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 55,189
And1: 23,328
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1439 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:33 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
You will need an image that is 100 pixels high and wide
Host it at a site like imgur.com (free account)
upload the file there and copy the "direct link" file address
click your name on the upper right side
click the Profile tab
Edit Avatar
Choose "Remote Avatar"
paste the URL into Link Off-site field
leave at 100 x 100
submit

Send me $10 via PayPal @ WingoIsaManWhore@Gmail.com


Don't listen to him, malik. When are you inviting us down to Alabama for a pig roast?


You ain't even a chicken hawk boy. Now go get me some BBQ before I have to whupp yo ass


Boy, I'll hit you harder than a Nebraska tornado. Now go fetch me a bee-er. Malik will pick up the pig.
Image
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 35,098
And1: 23,263
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1440 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:35 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Don't listen to him, malik. When are you inviting us down to Alabama for a pig roast?


You ain't even a chicken hawk boy. Now go get me some BBQ before I have to whupp yo ass


Boy, I'll hit you harder than a Nebraska tornado. Now go fetch me a bee-er. Malik will pick up the pig.


Image

Return to New York Knicks