ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the Offseason, Take 2

Moderators: Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, K-DOT, Thugger HBC, Jeff Van Gully, GONYK, King of Canada, j4remi, Capn'O, mrpoetryNmotion, mpharris36

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 26,187

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#381 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:30 pm

Cavs Nation
Dennis Smith Jr/Dunn/Cook
Zach Lavine/Frank Jackson/Brown Jr
Jayson Tatum/Osman/O'Neale
Julius Randle/DFS/Bolden
Deandre Ayton/Bam

It's like when n*ggas make subliminal records
If it ain't directed directly at me, I don't respect it
Knick4Real
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,865

Post#382 » by Knick4Real » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:40 pm

aq_ua wrote:Not sure if this has already been posted, but it appears we were on the verge of signing Terry Rozier to a one year deal. Not sure how to feel about that, but certainly seems we were committed to adding a young veteran point guard of some sort.

Terry Rozier had been cautioned that free agency would be a whirlwind. By the time it ended, he had whiplash.

The evening before NBA teams spent more than $3 billion in free-agent contracts in just over 24 hours, Rozier found himself with friends celebrating an impending move to the Knicks. He had decided to bet on himself on a one-year deal. We're about to turn New York up, his friends cheered. "A night before free agency, I was a Knick," Rozier said.

He spent much of the night imagining what it would be like to light up Madison Square Garden. He woke up to a call at around 4 a.m. Phoenix had offered a contract. A bigger, better one. We gonna have to take that one, he thought.

Also seems to imply we did a fair amount of pre-free agency recruiting (questionable...) but personally I’m glad we missed on Rozier and thus an opportunity for DSJ and Frank to make or break this year.

It's interesting the deal was done BEFORE free agency began -- which is just proof positive that the current FA period does not work. All these deals are getting done BEFOREHAND and not during free agency, which means the league really needs to adjust the period so that it fits into a more realistic timeline.
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
And1: 22,602

Post#383 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:54 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Image

Ok, that's actually a really cool image. I'd definitely put it up on the wall if I owned a gym. :lol: He just doesn't impress me as being a very good basketball player. Any video?

Now if you tell me "Head Coach," now we're talking. That's a serious motivator, right there.
Kampuchea
Head Coach
And1: 2,717

Post#384 » by Kampuchea » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:02 pm

JXL wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:Well I’ll start... this is terrible. The last thing I wanted KP to do when he was here was Bulk up.

Read on Twitter

Why the hell should he gain more bulk than work on his cardio? He doesn't need to go weights, he should be on the treadmill more and get on the bike to enhance his cardio as well as strengthening that knee. Dude has anmenia and needs to keep up his cardio for a long career.

He's gonna crash come January.

He didn't do cardio? How do we know this?

Bad idea if he didn't.
HerSports85
Head Coach
And1: 5,311

Post#385 » by HerSports85 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:07 pm

DSJR and Marcus Morris are training together today 8-)
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 14,205

Post#386 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:09 pm

KP trying to bulk up so maybe he doesn’t get smacked up at the club next time.
Mavs: 2019 BAF Champs
C: Looney | Aron | Jordan Bell
F: Giannis | Kurucs | Grant Williams | Okpala
F: Bojan Bogdanovic | Iggy | D House
SG: Beal | E' Moore | S Brown
PG: Jrue | Derrick White
Stash
T Davis
Didi
Milos
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 6,381

Post#387 » by Jay10 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:22 pm

Lifting weights just to live behind the 3 point line on the offensive end and run behind power forwards on the defensive end.
BLACKFEET 2010
General Manager
And1: 3,069

Post#388 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:35 pm

And if he was a Knick still we’d be going apechit.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,303

Post#389 » by GONYK » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:40 pm

HerSports85 wrote:Well I’ll start... this is terrible. The last thing I wanted KP to do when he was here was Bulk up.

Read on Twitter

What's that?

Like 15 lbs on the bar?
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 14,205

Post#390 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:01 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Image

Ok, that's actually a really cool image. I'd definitely put it up on the wall if I owned a gym. :lol: He just doesn't impress me as being a very good basketball player. Any video?

Now if you tell me "Head Coach," now we're talking. That's a serious motivator, right there.

Would make a great suit for Clyde
Mavs: 2019 BAF Champs
C: Looney | Aron | Jordan Bell
F: Giannis | Kurucs | Grant Williams | Okpala
F: Bojan Bogdanovic | Iggy | D House
SG: Beal | E' Moore | S Brown
PG: Jrue | Derrick White
Stash
T Davis
Didi
Milos
HerSports85
Head Coach
And1: 5,311

Post#391 » by HerSports85 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:10 pm

Read on Twitter
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 22,195

Post#392 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:23 pm

HerSports85 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Body Language Analysis

Elfrid is:

(a) reluctant participant

and/or

(b) hiding his candy
DaT WaVeY RiCaN
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,114

Post#393 » by DaT WaVeY RiCaN » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:31 pm

BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:And if he was a Knick still we’d be going apechit.

Yeah Knicks fans are pretty petty lol. KP always showed the city love

I feel like im the only one who wants both clubs to do well. KP and Luka gonna be fun to watch. This trade may very well end up working out for both teams.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 2,037

Post#394 » by bearadonisdna » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:53 pm

Honestly I don't know KPs rehab info but he will likely become reinjured.
It's typical part of acl rehab. Wonder why they didn't let him play last season to get it out of the way.
TheGreenArrow
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,281

Post#395 » by TheGreenArrow » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:54 pm

Read on Twitter

Lmaoo
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 2,037

Post#396 » by bearadonisdna » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:55 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Body Language Analysis

Elfrid is:

(a) reluctant participant

and/or

(b) hiding his candy

Morris) got his iron mike thing going on.
Dennis) eager readiness.
Oscirus
Head Coach
And1: 3,375

Post#397 » by Oscirus » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:27 pm

Yea KP needed to bulk up. Fool was getting pushed around down low.
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,971

Post#398 » by taj2133 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:23 pm

https://nypost.com/2019/08/13/elfrid-payton-sr-happy-underdogs-knicks-added-his-son/

The team the Knicks will play in their home opener
The Pelicans had started last season 4-0 when starting point guard Elfrid Payton injured his ankle. Nothing went right thereafter, including Anthony Davis’ demand to be traded.

Elfrid Payton Sr., a Louisiana native and former star defensive end in the Canadian Football League, believes Pelicans history would have changed had his son not gone down.

Payton played just one game from Oct. 29, when he sprained his ankle, to Dec. 31. After returning from the ankle sprain on Nov. 16, he broke his middle finger in a game against the Knicks.

“I honestly believe if Elfrid doesn’t get hurt and stays healthy, they were making the playoffs,’’ Payton Sr. told The Post in a phone interview from Gretna, La.

As it happened, the domino effect from Payton’s injuries led him to the Knicks. After the season, New Orleans traded Davis to the Lakers, with point guard Lonzo Ball coming to the Pelicans in the deal.

That made Payton a luxury, and he wound up signing a two-year, $16 million deal with the Knicks last month. (The second season is a team option.)

“I think there was interest [from New Orleans],’’ said Payton Sr., who played with seven CFL teams and was elected to the league’s Hall of Fame. “I’m assuming [money] was an issue. But what hurt Elfrid more than anything was the trade. If they don’t trade AD, he’d be here. There was going to be a conflict [with Ball].’’

In stepped an old ally, Knicks general manager Scott Perry. While with the Magic, Perry obtained Payton from Philadelphia on draft night in 2014. Perry has had a yen for the point guard out of Louisiana-Lafayette ever since.

Perry attempted to land Payton for the Knicks at the deadline in February 2018. Payton Sr. ran into Perry at the Garden during a preseason game between the Knicks and Pelicans last October. Perry was asking a lot of questions about his son’s progress.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

“I’m very aware of Scott’s interest,’’ Payton Sr. said. “He’s showed confidence in him and always kept track of him when he left. He’s always someone who really believed in him. Somebody invested in you like that and knows you, that’s a big thing.”

According to a source, six teams inquired about Payton, and he also staged talks with the defending champion Raptors, the Hornets and the Pacers.

Perry’s presence with the Knicks — and the notion the starting point guard job was up for grabs — became factors. Plus, Payton is joining the Knicks along with former Pelicans teammate Julius Randle. Payton Sr., who attended every Pelicans home game, said the duo showed “great chemistry.’’

“He chose New York because of the fit,’’ Payton Sr. said. “He’s happy to be on team that has a chance. Nobody is giving them a chance. They’re like the underdogs. They got to grind because they got talent.’’

Resolving their point-guard situation will be a key to whether the Knicks compete for a playoff berth after going 17-65 last season. Dennis Smith Jr. finished last season as the starter. The Knicks are monitoring Frank Ntilikina, who sources said has looked decent with Team France during World Cup exhibitions.

Payton Sr. said he “absolutely’’ hopes his son can start, even alongside Smith, who is less of a playmaker. Payton played 42 games last season and averaged 10.6 points, 7.6 assists and 5.2 rebounds as a starter alongside combo guard Jrue Holiday.

“He’s got leadership to run a team,’’ Payton Sr. said of his son. “Making the right pass, putting people in the right position. He has a talent for finding people and getting the ball where they like it. He’s a true, real point guard. In today’s game it’s interchangeable. Absolutely they can play together.”

A former Grambling star, Payton Sr. said he instilled in his son the desire “not let anyone outwork you.’’ That is one of Payton’s top attributes. The father thinks his perimeter shot is coming along.

A career 30.2 percent shooter from 3-point range, Payton spent May, June and July working on his shot in Los Angeles and now is back in Louisiana.

“His outside shooting has improved every year,’’ Payton Sr. said. “Does it need to get better? Yeah. But every year, it’s improved and free-throw shooting improved. Hopefully this year it will make another jump. He works at what he does
DaT WaVeY RiCaN
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,114

Post#399 » by DaT WaVeY RiCaN » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:38 pm

On the Jump they were talking about Nets and of course they had to mention Knicks and said Knicks signed nothing but C level free agents.

2:22 mark
Richard4444
Pro Prospect
And1: 493

Post#400 » by Richard4444 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:56 pm

HerSports85 wrote:
Read on Twitter

They are now ready to be Bobby Portis team mates!!

Return to New York Knicks