ImageImageImageImageImage

The Next Official All things Frank Ntilikina Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Re: The Next Official All things Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1821 » by Knicksfan20 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:54 pm

Despite what people say....Frank never got a fair chance. He always had a short leash and his minutes were sporadic and inconsistent for the 2 years he has played so far in the NBA. He would have been better off playing in the G league.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 47,851

Post#1822 » by robillionaire » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:14 pm

Definitely getting up at 4am to watch this because I have mental issues
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#1823 » by taj2133 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:20 pm

GONYK wrote:
taj2133 wrote:
knicksNOTslick wrote:The guys you mentioned are no longer considered young and have had relative success in the NBA, albeit not all-star caliber. No one is saying Frank will be doing this in the NBA just because he's doing good in FIBA, but he should be given all the opportunities to succeed and given playing time. We're not winning a chip anytime soon so why waste the minutes last season on guys who we're not planning to keep past one year in guys like Mudiay, etc. We should have never signed that sucker. This year, we signed another group of guys on short term contracts, and if Fiz prioritizes these guys over our young players, then there's a problem. The Knicks have not been known for developing their young players and that has to change. Who was the last guy we drafted that turned into an All-Star? David Lee, barely, and we didn't keep him. Not a good track record.

I respect your take about frank and he should be given opportunities its the rest of this board that are having these crazy expectation for frank that's annoying. Like 90 percent of this board think he going have manu ginobli type impact season because frank is having good world cup, that's when i want to pump the brakes and manage expectation. Lot of people on message board overrate frank like he is superstar on this knick team but they don't want to have the realization that he struggle his first 2 season. you can give these fans on this message board links about frank stats his stats but they are in denial and use alternative facts to make there point. Like i said before i like that frank is playing good in fiba but i am taking a wait see approach when he comes back to nba next month.

Taj, honest question:

If you don't like what is being said in the Frank thread, why do you show up here every day?

There are plenty of other posters who feel like you do. They haven't posted in this thread since Frank started playing well.

You make the decision to engage this thread every time you log in. I'm just curious as to why.

This topic about frank is almost every discussion and going to start in every game thread if fiz does something wrong with frank to start season next month. I will give you example let say the knicks start 10 wins and zero losses but frank isn't playing well or isn't playing people or going to blame fiz for not playing frank. Look i hope frank plays well this season and i give him credit if he plays well but if he still same player like he was the first 2 season he got got go.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,182

Post#1824 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:46 pm

taj2133 wrote:
GONYK wrote:
taj2133 wrote:I respect your take about frank and he should be given opportunities its the rest of this board that are having these crazy expectation for frank that's annoying. Like 90 percent of this board think he going have manu ginobli type impact season because frank is having good world cup, that's when i want to pump the brakes and manage expectation. Lot of people on message board overrate frank like he is superstar on this knick team but they don't want to have the realization that he struggle his first 2 season. you can give these fans on this message board links about frank stats his stats but they are in denial and use alternative facts to make there point. Like i said before i like that frank is playing good in fiba but i am taking a wait see approach when he comes back to nba next month.

Taj, honest question:

If you don't like what is being said in the Frank thread, why do you show up here every day?

There are plenty of other posters who feel like you do. They haven't posted in this thread since Frank started playing well.

You make the decision to engage this thread every time you log in. I'm just curious as to why.

This topic about frank is almost every discussion and going to start in every game thread if fiz does something wrong with frank to start season next month. I will give you example let say the knicks start 10 wins and zero losses but frank isn't playing well or isn't playing people or going to blame fiz for not playing frank. Look i hope frank plays well this season and i give him credit if he plays well but if he still same player like he was the first 2 season he got got go.

People in this thread are observing and discussing his Summer progress which is actually something to talk about, yet you feel the need to say he better man up or he got to go for the thousandth time. You have literally said nothing new for over one hundred pages in the Frank threads and you're telling people they shouldn't express their positivity. I hated your favorite player and never told you not to love them so please STFU.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,307

Post#1825 » by cgmw » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:06 pm

taj2133 wrote:
GONYK wrote:
taj2133 wrote:I respect your take about frank and he should be given opportunities its the rest of this board that are having these crazy expectation for frank that's annoying. Like 90 percent of this board think he going have manu ginobli type impact season because frank is having good world cup, that's when i want to pump the brakes and manage expectation. Lot of people on message board overrate frank like he is superstar on this knick team but they don't want to have the realization that he struggle his first 2 season. you can give these fans on this message board links about frank stats his stats but they are in denial and use alternative facts to make there point. Like i said before i like that frank is playing good in fiba but i am taking a wait see approach when he comes back to nba next month.

Taj, honest question:

Manu?

90%?

WTF?

I mentioned his trade profile being raised because of a single high visibility game where he came up clutch while major executives either watched or participated live in China.

Your response was to dig up (albeit impressive) negative statistics on the infrequency of trades between the Knicks and each specific organization that has a tie to the FIBA quarter finals.

90% Manu? GTFO.

More like 90% you’re just being negative for negativity sake maybe?
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
CDAZ
Head Coach
And1: 2,249

Post#1826 » by CDAZ » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:28 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
taj2133 wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Taj, honest question:

People in this thread are observing and discussing his Summer progress which is actually something to talk about, yet you feel the need to say he better man up or he got to go for the thousandth time. You have literally said nothing new for over one hundred pages in the Frank threads and you're telling people they shouldn't express their positivity. I hated your favorite player and never told you not to love them so please STFU.

Omg. This :nod:
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,177

Post#1827 » by Kampuchea » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:08 am

taj2133 wrote:This topic about frank is almost every discussion and going to start in every game thread if fiz does something wrong with frank to start season next month. I will give you example let say the knicks start 10 wins and zero losses but frank isn't playing well or isn't playing people or going to blame fiz for not playing frank. Look i hope frank plays well this season and i give him credit if he plays well but if he still same player like he was the first 2 season he got got go.

Some of the people on here are too "team frank" that they are always making excuses for him and cannot objectively comment about him as a player.

That being said, you have to feel encouraged by his recent play. I believe he needed a confidence boost and he seems to have gotten it. I was leaning to a belief that he wouldn't make it in the NBA but now I am feeling more hopeful.

Also, love this

:nod:
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,056

Post#1828 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:21 am

Frank is a work in progress. End of story. He hasn't reached his ceiling and he won't this year either. Let him do his thing. There is plenty to work with.

Taj has been on some dumb shyt for TWO YEARS. Not even worth discussing Frank with him.
:beer: RIP mags
taj2133
General Manager

Post#1829 » by taj2133 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:12 am

Kampuchea wrote:
taj2133 wrote:This topic about frank is almost every discussion and going to start in every game thread if fiz does something wrong with frank to start season next month. I will give you example let say the knicks start 10 wins and zero losses but frank isn't playing well or isn't playing people or going to blame fiz for not playing frank. Look i hope frank plays well this season and i give him credit if he plays well but if he still same player like he was the first 2 season he got got go.

Some of the people on here are too "team frank" that they are always making excuses for him and cannot objectively comment about him as a player.

That being said, you have to feel encouraged by his recent play. I believe he needed a confidence boost and he seems to have gotten it. I was leaning to a belief that he wouldn't make it in the NBA but now I am feeling more hopeful.

Also, love this

I agree with your take that people are too team frank and make excuse for him on this message board. I also do agree with you frank is playing well in fiba i hope he can turn it around in this coming season.
taj2133
General Manager

Post#1830 » by taj2133 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:14 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:Frank is a work in progress. End of story. He hasn't reached his ceiling and he won't this year either. Let him do his thing. There is plenty to work with.

Taj has been on some dumb shyt for TWO YEARS. Not even worth discussing Frank with him.

I been the most objective on frank i don't overrate him like lot of people on this board do.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,056

Post#1831 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:29 am

taj2133 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:Frank is a work in progress. End of story. He hasn't reached his ceiling and he won't this year either. Let him do his thing. There is plenty to work with.

I been the most objective on frank i don't overrate him like lot of people on this board do.

Please stop. You've been saying he's gonna get traded for 2 years. If he doesn't do this or that or blah blah blah. You have given him zero room to grow from day 1. Everyone here has read it ad nauseum!! :lol:

Objective my ass.
:beer: RIP mags
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,182

Post#1832 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:02 am

taj2133 wrote:

You are a deeply deluded person. Not only are you completely subjective in your opinions, you actually have the balls to say people here are overrating Frank. That is false. People discuss very honestly both his potential and his flaws and what he will need to do to thrive, yet you keep trolling with your BS about being the most honest man alive. Spare us.
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,116

Post#1833 » by drekwins » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:09 am

Knicksfan20 wrote:Despite what people say....Frank never got a fair chance. He always had a short leash and his minutes were sporadic and inconsistent for the 2 years he has played so far in the NBA. He would have been better off playing in the G league.

Does anyone dispute that he didn't get a fair chance? Fizdale never liked him. I don't think that it's unfair to question Fizdale's evaluation of talent. Marc Gasol, who was just a winner, clashed with him immensely. I think that Fizdale is more enamored with tempo and 3's. It's literally all he cares about. I don't know if he can wrap his head around a guy who doesn't immediately fit within his mold. I see someone that's extremely biased.

Frank is a net positive player and a jumpshot away from being our best player. I don't love his lack of aggressiveness but I don't think that Fiz has done a damn thing to help it. He just wrote him off and attempted to play him at PF. This kid only has 2 years in the league.
drekwins
Head Coach

Post#1834 » by drekwins » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:11 am

taj2133 wrote:

Frank is 21... of course he hasn't reached his ceiling. He's about 5 or 6 years away from that... that's how it works when you draft 18 year olds.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,170

Post#1835 » by iLLmatic860 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:35 am

drekwins wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:Despite what people say....Frank never got a fair chance. He always had a short leash and his minutes were sporadic and inconsistent for the 2 years he has played so far in the NBA. He would have been better off playing in the G league.

Does anyone dispute that he didn't get a fair chance? Fizdale never liked him. I don't think that it's unfair to question Fizdale's evaluation of talent. Marc Gasol, who was just a winner, clashed with him immensely. I think that Fizdale is more enamored with tempo and 3's. It's literally all he cares about. I don't know if he can wrap his head around a guy who doesn't immediately fit within his mold. I see someone that's extremely biased.

Frank is a net positive player and a jumpshot away from being our best player. I don't love his lack of aggressiveness but I don't think that Fiz has done a damn thing to help it. He just wrote him off and attempted to play him at PF. This kid only has 2 years in the league.

He has a good reception with everybody around the league including players like Bron, Wade and Bosh

Say what you want about the Fiz and Marc beef but they both squashed it and Marc had his best season under Fiz who helped extend his range and was a huge part of Raptors success.

Gasol credits Fizdale, a first-time head coach in Memphis who had a 50-51 record with the Grizzlies, for improving his game by pushing him to expand his range to 3-point territory. Gasol had his best statistical season under Fizdale, averaging career highs in points (19.5 per game) and assists (4.6) in 2016-17, the coach's only full campaign in Memphis.

"We're both appreciative, and we both understand that it wasn't perfect," Gasol told ESPN. "We both would have handled it differently, not last year but the year before when everything happened. We won't let that happen again. It's simple: You live, you learn, and you move on. We made peace with each other, and that's it."
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,445

Post#1836 » by Gravy » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:43 am

drekwins wrote:

Frank played 21 minutes a game. There's no conspiracy against him. He was just awful and then got injured for half the season. Kawhi and Manu got the same number of minutes when they started too.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#1837 » by Knicksfan20 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:52 am

drekwins wrote:

if u read this thread, its all over the place.
drekwins
Head Coach

Post#1838 » by drekwins » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:40 am

Gravy wrote:
drekwins wrote:

Frank played 21 minutes a game. There's no conspiracy against him. He was just awful and then got injured for half the season. Kawhi and Manu got the same number of minutes when they started too.

Kawhi and Manu? You have got to be kidding me with that asinine post. I don't even know where to start.

Both Kawhi and Manu entered into winning cultures, with great players around them, a great coach and consistent success. The regime that drafted Ntilikina was shaken up only days after picking him and the organization has seen a ton of turnover.

Second, you're now comparing Ntilikina to two Hall of Famers. Manu was 25 when he first stepped foot on to a NBA court. Kawhi was a full year older than Ntilikina as a rookie. Kawhi also did not have to endure a full-on change in culture, language, etc.

Lastly, neither play the PG position...

The comparison just doesn't make sense.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Post#1839 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:03 am

taj2133 wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:

Also, love this

I agree with your take that people are too team frank and make excuse for him on this message board. I also do agree with you frank is playing well in fiba i hope he can turn it around in this coming season.

POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 47,851

Post#1840 » by robillionaire » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:43 am

not the best first half for frank although he was aggressive looking for his shot, 10 mins 1-5 shooting 2 pts 3 reb 1 ast 0 to.

Return to New York Knicks