ImageImageImageImageImage

The Next Official All things Frank Ntilikina Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,068

Re: The Next Official All things Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#1901 » by GONYK » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:46 am

Read on Twitter
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#1902 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:48 am

Frank has been given enough chances. Injuries aside. Besides he was drafted too high and wasn’t a Perry pick. But he’s still here. All this Frank against the world narrative gets boring fast.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#1903 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:52 am

K-DOT wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:Elf was brought on because of Perry. Lets be honest.

And because they don't view Frank as a PG, which I think is fair

I don't really have much of a problem with it. He's a good passer, but just average at best at everything else. Good enough backup PG

The problem would be if we played him over DSJ or tried to get cute and played them both together

You are being kind. He’s very mediocre as a PG.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,319

Post#1904 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:54 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

Could it be it's possible Perry doesn't believe in Frank OR DSJr as starting PGs?

I'm starting to wonder.

I mean, with Frank, it's obvious. There should be zero debate. Just wondering if this FO/Perry isn't exactly confident in DSJr.

At the very least, bringing in Payton was a hedge. Which is smart. I'd rather have a FO kind of looking ahead.

Or, it's simply they don't like Frank (established) and went with a young vet PG they like, instead of an older guy. Plus he has familiarity with Randle, if that factored in.

I'd like to see Frank get a shot, but on the other hand, signing Payton wasn't exactly an unsound idea.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#1905 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:02 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

Could it be it's possible Perry doesn't believe in Frank OR DSJr as starting PGs?

I'm starting to wonder.

I mean, with Frank, it's obvious. There should be zero debate. Just wondering if this FO/Perry isn't exactly confident in DSJr.

At the very least, bringing in Payton was a hedge. Which is smart. I'd rather have a FO kind of looking ahead.

Or, it's simply they don't like Frank (established) and went with a young vet PG they like, instead of an older guy. Plus he has familiarity with Randle, if that factored in.

I'd like to see Frank get a shot, but on the other hand, signing Payton wasn't exactly an unsound idea.

Hey listen I’m not in their heads so really just guessing. I don’t think they brought in Payton because they didn’t believe in DSJr though. Really no reason to believe that at this point. Frank on the other hand...I think he’s clearly not in the PG picture unless there is an injury or something.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,068

Post#1906 » by GONYK » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:07 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,319

Post#1907 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:08 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm starting to wonder.

Hey listen I’m not in their heads so really just guessing. I don’t think they brought in Payton because they didn’t believe in DSJr though. Really no reason to believe that at this point. Frank on the other hand...I think he’s clearly not in the PG picture unless there is an injury or something.

Well, I covered the Frank part, so agreed there. Just interesting they brought in a youngish guy. Not sure what older vet mentor type PG's were available. I'm glad they didn't. F*ck another Jarred Jack show. Plus, they said they wanted to get taller and more athletic, and Payton is tall and being young, that counts as athletic. He's certainly not unathletic.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,290

Post#1908 » by DOT » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:10 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:Frank has been given enough chances. Injuries aside. Besides he was drafted too high and wasn’t a Perry pick. But he’s still here. All this Frank against the world narrative gets boring fast.

He really hasn't

Like, compare him to Knox when saying he's had enough chances. Knox got to go out there night in and night out and f*ck up repeatedly on offense and not give a sh*t about defense but still got to start 57 games and play 30 mpg. When Frank f*cks up on offense, Fiz and his rookie year Hornacek would yank him out of the game despite him being a legitimately good defensive player. He's started only 25 games over 2 seasons and is only given like 20 mpg. That's not really giving him chances. Knox wasn't even that good either, he was almost as bad on offense as Frank and quite literally one of the worst defensive players in the league. There was a 15 game stretch at the beginning of the year where Knox was shooting 33% from the field and 31% from 3, aka Frank numbers. You know what happened game 16? He got to start and never came off the bench the rest of the year. That's what I'm talking about, when have we ever given Frank a chance like that?

And you can say he isn't a Perry pick, but that shouldn't matter. If Perry wants to throw an asset away just because he was drafted by the previous regime, that comes off as petty and not smart business
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#1909 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:19 pm

K-DOT wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:Frank has been given enough chances. Injuries aside. Besides he was drafted too high and wasn’t a Perry pick. But he’s still here. All this Frank against the world narrative gets boring fast.

He really hasn't

Like, compare him to Knox when saying he's had enough chances. Knox got to go out there night in and night out and f*ck up repeatedly on offense and not give a sh*t about defense but still got to start 57 games and play 30 mpg. When Frank f*cks up on offense, Fiz and his rookie year Hornacek would yank him out of the game despite him being a legitimately good defensive player. He's started only 25 games over 2 seasons and is only given like 20 mpg. That's not really giving him chances. Knox wasn't even that good either, he was almost as bad on offense as Frank and quite literally one of the worst defensive players in the league. There was a 15 game stretch at the beginning of the year where Knox was shooting 33% from the field and 31% from 3, aka Frank numbers. You know what happened game 16? He got to start and never came off the bench the rest of the year. That's what I'm talking about, when have we ever given Frank a chance like that?

And you can say he isn't a Perry pick, but that shouldn't matter. If Perry wants to throw an asset away just because he was drafted by the previous regime, that comes off as petty and not smart business

I don’t want to beat this to death because we’ve talked at length about this here. I actually agree Knox played too much. But it’s different when you are trying to play someone who isn’t ready at PG. That’s why a project at PG is rare. Actually on many teams Frank would have played even less.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1910 » by DOT » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:25 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
K-DOT wrote:

He really hasn't

I don’t want to beat this to death because we’ve talked at length about this here. I actually agree Knox played too much. But it’s different when you are trying to play someone who isn’t ready at PG. That’s why a project at PG is rare. Actually on many teams Frank would have played even less.
How many of those teams won 17 games last year?

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#1911 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:26 pm

Maybe he could have played more on the wing or off-guard but then he got hurt so...
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1912 » by DOT » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:32 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:Maybe he could have played more on the wing or off-guard but then he got hurt so...
You're dodging the question

How many of those hypothetical teams that would have given Frank less minutes won 17 games last year?

BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#1913 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:42 pm

K-DOT wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:Maybe he could have played more on the wing or off-guard but then he got hurt so...

How many of those hypothetical teams that would have given Frank less minutes won 17 games last year?

They won 17 games with Frank playing 43 of them and averaging 21 minutes. Frank played plenty and would have played more not for injury.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#1914 » by NYKAL » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:43 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm starting to wonder.

Also, Perry DID NOT guarantee him minutes. He said he would compete with DSJ for the starting job. That does not sound like any kind of guarantee to me. Also, i don't see his presence as Perry not trusting DSJ. Someone has to play 2nd string.
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,600

Post#1915 » by El Poochio » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:44 pm

Sark wrote:
El Poochio wrote:Can totally see Frank having a Siakam like growth in 4-5 seasons and win MIP

You misspelled "Giannis" and "MVP".

Auto correction my bad

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1916 » by DOT » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:47 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
K-DOT wrote:

They won 17 games with Frank playing 43 of them and averaging 21 minutes. Frank played plenty and would have played more not for injury.
Nothing to do with what I asked

How many teams that would have played Frank less won 17 games last year

It's a simple question

BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

FKF
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#1917 » by FKF » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:47 pm

Funny. I have the feeling the Knicks are against the world. They are on the clock with Frank. They have been losing 118 games since two years he was drafted, while giving minutes to other guards who are no longer on the roster. They need to grow him and maximize his production as their draft pick. Or Frank will no longer want to be there, and will be alright somewhere while the Knicks have to rebuild themselves again and the world keeps laughing at them.

When the Knicks **** up on Fred Weis, you wouldn’t hear one French laugh at the Knicks. Today they all do.
New-York Knicks fan since 1998, based in Paris, FR.
El Poochio

Post#1918 » by El Poochio » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:53 pm

Frank speaking to French media: "Excited to play with Hasheem Thabeet this year. I feel like we could help each other a lot. His presence will relieve pressure of us playing in the backcourt. I think he can have Gobert level impact."

El Poochio

Post#1919 » by El Poochio » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:56 pm

Between Frank Elfrid DSJ whoever tosses better lobs to Hasheem Thabeet will start imo

MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#1920 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:57 pm

K-DOT wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
K-DOT wrote:You're dodging the question

Nothing to do with what I asked

How many teams that would have played Frank less won 17 games last year

It's a simple question

It doesn’t matter since frank played plenty anyway. But I’ll entertain you on the cavs who won 19 he would have played less.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard

Return to New York Knicks