ImageImageImageImageImage

The Next Official All things Frank Ntilikina Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,260

Re: The Next Official All things Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#521 » by iLLmatic860 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:40 pm

FatboyRealPetty wrote:Has frank dropped a 20 piece yet in any of these games? if not trade him immediately.

Oh you one of those fans lol
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,218

Post#522 » by KnicksGod » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:56 pm

I realize how bad his shooting is. But Frank is a project worth taking. Again I think if Frank's D was added to his O, statistically, he would be very well liked by all. So like every 2 point shot he saves that most defenders would not, if he got that added to his PPGA, people would like him as much as they like the chuckers who can't defend.

I still feel strongly, and stubbornly, that we didn't develop him properly. He should have been allowed to just play D and make some plays.

And the crazy part of this is that I don't think he's close to a lost cause on O. He really should get a lot better. His height, release, and now dribble are not the thing of legend but they really don't equate to a bad offensive player in his prime. He should be at least decent and combined with D, I think he can be a major piece on a really good team.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,868

Post#523 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:02 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
FatboyRealPetty wrote:Has frank dropped a 20 piece yet in any of these games? if not trade him immediately.

NOTE: User Name is Fatboy, Real Petty
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,149

Post#524 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:37 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:

NOTE: User Name is Fatboy, Real Petty

:D
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,452

Post#525 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:40 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:Frank was a French boy drafted into the NBA

He needed to grow up more than some other 18 year olds do

Not everybody gets to man up on our schedules

Frank will probably always be a system player. You put him in the right system and he'll produce. Will that happen here? The odds are low at this point in time

Flipside is he may be forced to be more selfish to survive which may be necessary to have an NBA career.

He's old enough now to either find his niche on the Knicks or go somewhere else he fits in better, but if his talents are not utilized here they will be by another NBA team

Watch Pop or Carlisle get his hands on Frank. :noway:

I've already told you, he's going to wind up with Carlisle, KP and Donic. :D

I'm just clinging on to your coattails.
Free Palestine
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#526 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:42 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Watch Pop or Carlisle get his hands on Frank. :noway:

We know he'll be gone one way or another, along with Dotson. Get rid of the rest of the Phil stains.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#527 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:43 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

We know he'll be gone one way or another, along with Dotson. Get rid of the rest of the Phil stains.

Now you're beginning to make me nervous. :lol: SHUT UP-A YOUR FACE!!!!!!!
Free Palestine
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#528 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:50 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Now you're beginning to make me nervous. :lol: SHUT UP!!!!!!!

Frank and Dotson are Phil-i-stains.

For, lo, Mills shalt conceive of a GM and bring him in. For the GM shall be Perry: and he shall begin to deliver the Knicks out of the hand of the Phil-i-stains.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#529 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:55 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Now you're beginning to make me nervous. :lol: SHUT UP!!!!!!!

Frank and Dotson are Phil-i-stains.

For, lo, Mills shalt conceive of a GM and bring him in. For the GM shall be Perry: and he shall begin to deliver the Knicks out of the hand of the Phil-i-stains.

Well, they have a fcking fiduciary duty to please MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and do what's in the best interest of the team. Fck Perry.
Free Palestine
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#530 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:27 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
remi_222 wrote:
Im just a bit scared to see him very relaxed on the French team, and then come back to his old demons when pre season comes back !
Since it's all mental, he needs to break the frustration wall and just go for it ! Maybe he takes things with too much emotions and just needs to be less "intelectual" abt the aspect of the game.
He probably has a mental coach now, i'm curious to know if he has started a special mental job with somebody, but he never mentionned it i believe

I don’t think it’s only mental Frank has a hard time with some of the physical and athletic aspects of nba game as well. Wing or shooting guard is a easier transition for him though. NBA Point guard is a massive hill.

You want a guy who has issues scoring to become a shooting guard? Alrighty then!

He would have an easier time transitioning to a shooting role at shooting guard yes.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#531 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:58 am

MaseInYourFace wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
I don’t think it’s only mental Frank has a hard time with some of the physical and athletic aspects of nba game as well. Wing or shooting guard is a easier transition for him though. NBA Point guard is a massive hill.

You want a guy who has issues scoring to become a shooting guard? Alrighty then!

He would have an easier time transitioning to a shooting role at shooting guard yes.

Sorry to butt-in on your convo, butt ... :D

So you want the PG who struggles at scoring to play SG? I just don't think that such a move maximizes Frank's talent. You need him at PG because he can't guard the point of attack better than anyone else. If Frank can just keep the opposing defense honest and score 12-15 ppg, that's all the scoring we need from him. The most important attribute we need in our PG, IMO, other than defense is decision-making. I couldn't care less how many points DSJ scores if he's not orchestrating the offense.
Free Palestine
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#532 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:29 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

So you want the PG who struggles at scoring to play SG? I just don't think that such a move maximizes Frank's talent. You need him at PG because he can't guard the point of attack better than anyone else. If Frank can just keep the opposing defense honest and score 12-15 ppg, that's all the scoring we need from him. The most important attribute we need in our PG, IMO, other than defense is decision-making. I couldn't care less how many points DSJ scores if he's not orchestrating the offense.

I'd certainly have him GUARD the PG on defense, at the very least.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#533 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:43 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

I’m talking about him shooting good open 3’s. Pretty easy role for him without having to worry about all the other responsibilities of being a PG. I thought I was being pretty clear. Btw depending on how it’s lined up he can guard the other teams best guard without having to play point on offense. I don’t think you need to keep sending frank out there to be an nba point when it’s clear as day he struggles with so many facets of that position at that level. Make things easier for him and it is much easier to simplify at SG or SF.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#534 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:44 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:

Yeah no one is disputing that.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Cookies4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,411

Post#535 » by Cookies4Life » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:48 pm

KnicksGod wrote:I realize how bad his shooting is. But Frank is a project worth taking. Again I think if Frank's D was added to his O, statistically, he would be very well liked by all. So like every 2 point shot he saves that most defenders would not, if he got that added to his PPGA, people would like him as much as they like the chuckers who can't defend.

I still feel strongly, and stubbornly, that we didn't develop him properly. He should have been allowed to just play D and make some plays.

And the crazy part of this is that I don't think he's close to a lost cause on O. He really should get a lot better. His height, release, and now dribble are not the thing of legend but they really don't equate to a bad offensive player in his prime. He should be at least decent and combined with D, I think he can be a major piece on a really good team.

Well put. He's a guy that can easily cover 3 positions defensively and he's good enough to be a secondary ball handler on offense. Obviously his biggest issue is his lack of aggression on the offensive end but his playing time has been so sporadic that it's hard for any player- especially a young one- to build up any confidence on that end when you have such a short leash. There were many instances last season where he looked so timid as if he was scared to make a mistake on the offensive end because he knew he'd get thrown to the bench quickly.

It's a tough situation to be in given the depth of this current roster. I still have plenty of faith in the kid but he needs to show all this offseason training has paid off with his jumper. He looks like a capable 3 point shooter and since he only shoots between 4-7 times per game I think it's imperative most of those shots come from behind the arc.

i don't think this team has even tried to develop him in the slightest and it's a shame when you pick up a project player in the lottery to a team that's obviously in tank mode and not giving him every opportunity to try and succeed. He's going to have to force the issue a bit and maintain confidence in his own ability even if the coaching staff doesn't believe in him.
iLLmatic860
General Manager

Post#536 » by iLLmatic860 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:56 pm

I cant wait until Fiba starts Sunday and see the over reactions itt lol
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,870

Post#537 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:24 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:I cant wait until Fiba starts Sunday and see the over reactions itt lol

you mean worse than we've seen over these friendlies?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
iLLmatic860
General Manager

Post#538 » by iLLmatic860 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:26 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:I cant wait until Fiba starts Sunday and see the over reactions itt lol

you mean worse than we've seen over these friendlies?

Who knows with you guys lol
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,870

Post#539 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:31 pm

Cookies4Life wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:I realize how bad his shooting is. But Frank is a project worth taking. Again I think if Frank's D was added to his O, statistically, he would be very well liked by all. So like every 2 point shot he saves that most defenders would not, if he got that added to his PPGA, people would like him as much as they like the chuckers who can't defend.

Well put. He's a guy that can easily cover 3 positions defensively and he's good enough to be a secondary ball handler on offense. Obviously his biggest issue is his lack of aggression on the offensive end but his playing time has been so sporadic that it's hard for any player- especially a young one- to build up any confidence on that end when you have such a short leash. There were many instances last season where he looked so timid as if he was scared to make a mistake on the offensive end because he knew he'd get thrown to the bench quickly.

It's a tough situation to be in given the depth of this current roster. I still have plenty of faith in the kid but he needs to show all this offseason training has paid off with his jumper. He looks like a capable 3 point shooter and since he only shoots between 4-7 times per game I think it's imperative most of those shots come from behind the arc.

i don't think this team has even tried to develop him in the slightest and it's a shame when you pick up a project player in the lottery to a team that's obviously in tank mode and not giving him every opportunity to try and succeed. He's going to have to force the issue a bit and maintain confidence in his own ability even if the coaching staff doesn't believe in him.

all of this. both sides to blame. frank hasn't been NBA aggressive on offense, and in turn hasn't looked like a complete NBA player there. similarly, the project wasn't given a lot of time. but maybe he wasn't ready for it? now that his body is closer to done growing, we still see him unsure of how to initiate and deal with contact they way he needs to in the NBA regardless of role on offense.

he has good court vision and can make nice passes when everything goes right. but he hasn't had the shooting, handle, or threat to the cup to make opportunities on offense. we need to see at least the shooting get to NBA average before the rest of it opens up on offense and he can truly be dynamic.

to be fair, as enticing a project as he was/is (i fully supported his selection), those things were question marks coming in. he had a beastly U19 showing. but he's been limited among men. but with all of that said, he still shouldn't be given up on yet. it's still too early of an age to say he's done. but this is part of the problem with the NBA. we want the development curve to start too early for a lot of young people. there was a time dudes didn't come into the NBA younger than 21 or 22 on a consistent basis. you got a much better read on their trajectories as a result.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#540 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:58 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Yeah no one is disputing that.

Eh hem! :lol:

DSJ isn't guarding the other team's shooting guard.
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks