ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Yankees Thread II (Alex Cora & AJ Hinch fired)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Re: Official 2019 Yankees Thread II 

Post#1581 » by Marty McFly » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:05 pm

Gotta laugh at all the bull Correa talked about the astros beat the yanks. the King of of the jungle nonsense.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,010

Post#1582 » by blue and orange » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:03 pm

Lord Commander wrote:LMAO. None of this has been proven. Is all we have the word of a disgruntled former employee?

Oh its been proven, its just amazing that this is news now, MLB wouldnt have done a damn thing about it but now that its out there in the public eye and and guys are speaking out snitch or not now MLB has to do something. I for one dont really care too much about stealing signs and stuff of that nature but the Astros were so open and blatant about their quote on quote better technology (what the hell is that supposed to mean btw makes you wonder).

They were so quick to point out cheating from other opponents and having this self righteous hollier then thou attitude. So glad the Nationals beat these aholes, jealous of them being the ones to do it. I know if I were bending/breaking the rules I would keep my mouth shut if I saw someone getting caught with Peds and such.
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,916

Post#1583 » by SelbyCobra » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:24 pm

It's amazing how easy it was to see/hear from publicly accessible evidence once the Athletic article let the cat out of the bag.

This is really wild. The public is crucifying them with hard evidence.

Read on Twitter

This article on BPro is amazing, Olney retweeted it this morning.

Read on Twitter
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,155

Post#1584 » by KnicksGadfly » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:04 am

Rich Rane wrote:
Lord Commander wrote:LMAO. None of this has been proven. Is all we have the word of a disgruntled former employee?

I think The Athletic's report cited other unnamed sources that are affiliated with the Astros along with Fiers. They allegedly used a camera from the center field wall aimed at opposing catchers and an employee would bang a bat against a trash can or whistle when a breaking ball would be coming. I'm sure people will start combing through videos now.

Videos have already been combed. But I think the lesson I've learned from today's world is that people would rather believe their fantasies than the truth. So not holding my breath on Lord Commander.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Post#1585 » by GEOLINK » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:05 am

knicksh20b wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

I think The Athletic's report cited other unnamed sources that are affiliated with the Astros along with Fiers. They allegedly used a camera from the center field wall aimed at opposing catchers and an employee would bang a bat against a trash can or whistle when a breaking ball would be coming. I'm sure people will start combing through videos now.

Videos have already been combed. But I think the lesson I've learned from today's world is that people would rather believe their fantasies than the truth. So not holding my breath on Lord Commander.

Funny Lord Commander thinks none of this proven yet there is a video of the Astros doing the same exact thing to the Mets. :lol:

https://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2017/09/03/1805524483/1504468999126/asset_2500K.mp4
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,247

Post#1586 » by Papi_swav » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:03 am

Andujar/Florial or Clint/one of the pitching prospects for Lindor?
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,411

Post#1587 » by BallSacBounce » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:27 am

Papi_swav wrote:Andujar/Florial or Clint/one of the pitching prospects for Lindor?

We need Florial.

Frazier and Andujar are redundant at this point
SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#1588 » by SelbyCobra » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:30 am

Papi_swav wrote:Andujar/Florial or Clint/one of the pitching prospects for Lindor?

Cleveland laughs, hangs up, and then doesn't return any of your calls trying to find out what's up.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1589 » by GEOLINK » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:43 am

I think any trade for a star at this point is going to ask for Gleyber as a starting point.
SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#1590 » by SelbyCobra » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:45 am

GEOLINK wrote:

I think any trade for a star at this point is going to ask for Gleyber as a starting point.

Nah, that's the same level of humor at this point, but in the other direction. Gleyber is more valuable than Lindor straight up.

Gleyber IS a star, and has 5 years of control left.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1591 » by GEOLINK » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:49 am

SelbyCobra wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:

Nah, that's the same level of humor at this point, but in the other direction. Gleyber is more valuable than Lindor straight up.

Gleyber IS a star, and has 5 years of control left.

It is a joke but teams like the Indians aren't going to give up a star like Lindor to a league rival like us for less.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,306

Post#1592 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:24 am

BallSacBounce wrote:

We need Florial.

Is Andujar totally redundant at this point? I understand, but do the Yankees trust Volt to play an entire year at 1B? Bird certainly won't. He can't be figured on to be part of any future plan at 1B. Volt was a nice find, but doubtful he's really a full time 1b.

The only thing I think keeps Andujar around is learning 1B and then hitting like he did before he got hurt. Maybe.

Frazier I could see sticking as a 4th OF'er, especially after Hicks got hurt, again. Unless they just like Maybin better etc, in which case they should just trade him.
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant

Post#1593 » by BallSacBounce » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:47 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
BallSacBounce wrote:

We need Florial.

Is Andujar totally redundant at this point? I understand, but do the Yankees trust Volt to play an entire year at 1B? Bird certainly won't. He can't be figured on to be part of any future plan at 1B. Volt was a nice find, but doubtful he's really a full time 1b.

The only thing I think keeps Andujar around is learning 1B and then hitting like he did before he got hurt. Maybe.

Frazier I could see sticking as a 4th OF'er, especially after Hicks got hurt, again. Unless they just like Maybin better etc, in which case they should just trade him.

Point taken with Voit. There is an injury concern there but he had a great year. Yeah I think at this point Andujar is not needed for First. He's a nice luxury to have but for the right deal should be moved.

If Voit doesn't get hurt early then Andujar will not see many ABs and after last year being out it will hurt his value. For a good deal you move him now.

Frazier is a corner outfielder and was a bad one at that last year. Tauchmann was his replacement and can actually play center. It should be him, Gardner, Judge and Stanton.

If Andujar can play both OF and first then that does greatly increase his value to us with injury concerns in both areas.

Anyway, we do have options otherwise too. Mike Ford was pretty decent at first and Estevan Florial is waiting in the wings maybe later in the season.
ccvle
Head Coach
And1: 1,714

Post#1594 » by ccvle » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:53 pm

BallSacBounce wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
BallSacBounce wrote:We need Florial.

Point taken with Voit. There is an injury concern there but he had a great year. Yeah I think at this point Andujar is not needed for First. He's a nice luxury to have but for the right deal should be moved.

If Voit doesn't get hurt early then Andujar will not see many ABs and after last year being out it will hurt his value. For a good deal you move him now.

Frazier is a corner outfielder and was a bad one at that last year. Tauchmann was his replacement and can actually play center. It should be him, Gardner, Judge and Stanton.

If Andujar can play both OF and first then that does greatly increase his value to us with injury concerns in both areas.

Anyway, we do have options otherwise too. Mike Ford was pretty decent at first and Estevan Florial is waiting in the wings maybe later in the season.

Florial is hitting .230 in single A
Grover
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#1595 » by Grover » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:49 am

ccvle wrote:
BallSacBounce wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

...when he is healthy enough to play.
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant

Post#1596 » by BallSacBounce » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:43 pm

Grover wrote:
ccvle wrote:
BallSacBounce wrote:Point taken with Voit. There is an injury concern there but he had a great year. Yeah I think at this point Andujar is not needed for First. He's a nice luxury to have but for the right deal should be moved.

It was an off year last year and he is very young. But he has also raked 2 years running in spring training for the Yanks. He is highly thought of.

I didn't realize he did that poorly last year. That does change things. Hopefully he bounces back strong but it's alarming.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,797

Post#1597 » by Rich Rane » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:45 pm

Grover wrote:
ccvle wrote:
BallSacBounce wrote:Point taken with Voit. There is an injury concern there but he had a great year. Yeah I think at this point Andujar is not needed for First. He's a nice luxury to have but for the right deal should be moved.

He's a bounce back candidate this season after recovering from a dislocation and fracture in his wrist last season. But the highest he's gotten is high-A. I wouldn't count on him contributing much this season unless he starts off with an amazing Spring Training like last season and kills it in Trenton and SWB.
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant

Post#1598 » by BallSacBounce » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:05 pm

So, what do you think about going after Corey Kluber? I'd rather Gerrit Cole but I think going after Kluber fits the Cashman style. He only makes an average of $18 mill per year the next two years when he'll be 34/35. Cole will cost I'm assuming like $30 mill. Indians don't need a 3rd baseman but they can move their 3rd Jose Ramirez to 2nd. He can play the position and he told Francona he would be willing to make the switch if it would help the team. Indians have a lot of pitching and hitting not so much. Looks like a fit.

This gives us two years to see what Montgomery comes back as and Deivi Garcia develops into. Happ expires then too.

Andujar is cost controlled this year and another three. Kluber low money contract for two years but coming off a year with 7 starts due to a broken arm. I would gladly do the trade straight up but I think it'll take a little more. I would add in Albert Abreu or Nick Nelson but not Deivi. Maybe one of those two and an A ball guy with talent can get it done. Not willing to give up much in addition to Andujar that was a helluva rookie year and costs factor into decision making a lot more than they used to with the revamped system.

What do you think it would take to get him? Indians are looking to trim salary.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1599 » by GEOLINK » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:16 pm

BallSacBounce wrote:So, what do you think about going after Corey Kluber? I'd rather Gerrit Cole but I think going after Kluber fits the Cashman style. He only makes an average of $18 mill per year the next two years when he'll be 34/35. Cole will cost I'm assuming like $30 mill. Indians don't need a 3rd baseman but they can move their 3rd Jose Ramirez to 2nd. He can play the position and he told Francona he would be willing to make the switch if it would help the team. Indians have a lot of pitching and hitting not so much. Looks like a fit.

This gives us two years to see what Montgomery comes back as and Deivi Garcia develops into. Happ expires then too.

Andujar is cost controlled this year and another three. Kluber low money contract for two years but coming off a year with 7 starts due to a broken arm. I would gladly do the trade straight up but I think it'll take a little more. I would add in Albert Abreu or Nick Nelson but not Deivi. Maybe one of those two and an A ball guy with talent can get it done. Not willing to give up much in addition to Andujar that was a helluva rookie year and costs factor into decision making a lot more than they used to with the revamped system.

What do you think it would take to get him? Indians are looking to trim salary.

If the cost is only Andujar and a lower minor league prospect, I'm all for it.

But I'm still not throwing the towel at Cole.

Getting him revolves around Hal opening up the checkbook, not Cashman.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1600 » by GEOLINK » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:50 am

Read on Twitter

Ellsbury and Bird gone in one fell swoop.

Return to New York Knicks