ImageImageImageImageImage

Melo to the Nets ?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 16,163

Re: Melo to the Nets ? 

Post#41 » by Im Coming Home » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:29 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:As a Melo fan, this would be real hard to swallow.

Yeah I wanna see him win but not with Brooklyn lol. Low key hopes he joins the Clippers somehow

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: As if Brooklyn is winning anything besides a 1st round victory.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
FlashFlood
Rookie
And1: 509

Post#42 » by FlashFlood » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:45 pm

Why do you guys have strong feelings one way or another? It's an ex-all star aging out of the NBA trying to get a few more years in the league before he retires. His athleticism's already all gone so he's probably not going to embarrass the Knicks when they meet. I suppose it's the old man in me. I grew up watching this generation of all-stars and with Kobe gone, DWade & Dirk leaving last year, and Joe Johnson in the big 3 league, then by all means let Melo put up a few final side-step pull ups if he's able.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,195

Post#43 » by Kampuchea » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:41 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:Melo went on a soccer podcast a few years ago and claimed he was an Arsenal fan, yet he didn't know that Tottenham were their biggest rival, which is like the #1 thing to know about Arsenal. My point is, Melo completely lacks self-awareness and awareness in general. He probably doesn't even see how signing with the Nets after all that's happened this summer would affect his legacy with the Knicks and his image among Knicks fans.

This is true. He has a big legacy here and a bunch of followers and supporters that are Knicks fans. You can just feel the Melo-love when you enter RealGM Knicks board.

Can you imagine how the millions of Knicks fans who love Melo would feel if he went to the Nets?
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,195

Post#44 » by Kampuchea » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:43 pm

I want him to go to the Nets:
1) He isn't as bad as it's made out, and I want the Nets out of the lottery
2) Nets aren't even a Western playoff team and will not win a title, who cares?
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,693

Post#45 » by Knicksfan1992 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:48 pm

People do know there are such things as rivalries. We can be upset that Melo would join our crosstown even if he isn't as good of a player as he once was..
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#46 » by Rasho Brezec » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:13 pm

Both are desperate.
Esq-4
Veteran
And1: 318

Post#47 » by Esq-4 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:53 am

I would not care if he went to the Nets. Makes some sense and it's not picking them over us.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Melo to the Nets ? 

Post#48 » by Paradise » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:40 am

Rasho Brezec wrote:Both are desperate.

Not sure how we’re desperate when we have all 15 roster spots locked up and guaranteed...You think Melo is about to sign a two way contract?
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout

Post#49 » by Rasho Brezec » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:34 am

Paradise wrote:

Not sure how we’re desperate when we have all 15 roster spots locked up and guaranteed...You think Melo is about to sign a two way contract?

Like the Nets wouldn't cut anyone from the end of the bench to sign Melo for some media exposure.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,917

Post#50 » by blueNorange » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:57 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:People do know there are such things as rivalries. We can be upset that Melo would join our crosstown even if he isn't as good of a player as he once was..

no because melo sucks.

3 teams in 3 years got rid of him.

the knicks, the thunder, and the rockets.

4th time isn't a charm, it's the final nail in the coffin of a career that could've been more if he just listened to his coaches.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Melo to the Nets ? 

Post#51 » by Paradise » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:09 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:
Paradise wrote:

Like the Nets wouldn't cut anyone from the end of the bench to sign Melo for some media exposure.

We’re good with our media “exposure”. We’re one of the teams in the East with the most national TV games...our end of the bench guy got extended...we virtually have no room and if we wanted to sign Melo, it would’ve happened already.

He had a shot at playing in Barclays Center in 2011 and blew it because he didn’t want to play in Newark for a half season. Much like Dwight Howard. How’s that decision turning out for their careers a decade later?
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout

Post#52 » by Rasho Brezec » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:45 pm

Paradise wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:
Paradise wrote:Not sure how we’re desperate when we have all 15 roster spots locked up and guaranteed...You think Melo is about to sign a two way contract?

We’re good with our media “exposure”. We’re one of the teams in the East with the most national TV games...our end of the bench guy got extended...we virtually have no room and if we wanted to sign Melo, it would’ve happened already.

He had a shot at playing in Barclays Center in 2011 and blew it because he didn’t want to play in Newark for a half season. Much like Dwight Howard. How’s that decision turning out for their careers a decade later?

They suck because they didn't want to play in Newark for half a season?
YMMV
Ballboy
And1: 44

Post#53 » by YMMV » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:22 pm

HighRyzer83 wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:As a Melo fan, this would be real hard to swallow.

As a knick fan it would be tough.

As s Knicks fan it would be great because the nets are more likely to lose.
What can he offer except poor defense and selfish inefficient offense at a slower and unathletic pace.

Agreed. There is a reason why he has bounced around and still unsigned.

I respect Melo. He was a trooper for us and loved the fact he was willing to come to NYK (unlike gimpy KD), but that ship has sailed, and sunk like the **** titanic. Let him anchor down the NJ, I mean NY Nets.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,866

Post#54 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:31 pm

blueNorange wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:People do know there are such things as rivalries. We can be upset that Melo would join our crosstown even if he isn't as good of a player as he once was..

no because melo sucks.

3 teams in 3 years got rid of him.

the knicks, the thunder, and the rockets.

4th time isn't a charm, it's the final nail in the coffin of a career that could've been more if he just listened to his coaches.

Yeah, even coming from me who doesn't like Melo, he needs to move on. I don't need to see him embarrass himself here in NYC. It would not be enjoyable for either those who like or dislike him. It would not end well. For those who wish this to happen, will you finally wake up from your day dreams with this guy? Come on, he's done.
tjumper78
Pro Prospect
And1: 174

Post#55 » by tjumper78 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:36 pm

the nets front office is very competent right now. they wont sign melo.
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,097

Post#56 » by Juco24 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:37 pm

I find it funny how some here hate Melo and blame him as opposed to the organization but those same ones love Porzingis and blame the organization. Yet, one (to my knowledge) never went to the FO asking to be traded, attended all meetings, led this team to the playoffs. While the other made demands (if it's true what was reported) to the FO, skipped out on meetings and didn't really accomplish anything during his tenure. I just don't get it... but oh well.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#57 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:57 pm

Juco24 wrote:I find it funny how some here hate Melo and blame him as opposed to the organization but those same ones love Porzingis and blame the organization. Yet, one (to my knowledge) never went to the FO asking to be traded, attended all meetings, led this team to the playoffs. While the other made demands (if it's true what was reported) to the FO, skipped out on meetings and didn't really accomplish anything during his tenure. I just don't get it... but oh well.

You do understand not all divas are carbon copies, right?

Melo and KP are not identical, have different personality traits, different ways of asserting themselves, different ways of acting out.

Melo will lie on a court during active play. Never saw KP do that.

Melo will sucker punch another player (a Knick). KP gets sucker punched at night clubs.

Melo walks out of huddles if the mood suits him and ignores play calls if he is not the designated shooter.

You can call Melo a grinder and a good trooper if you want, but I never saw a guy interested in team ball.

Melo was a passive aggressive and a diva.

KP was showing us he was probably a spoiled brat with a false sense of entitlement and some of his actions were more overtly defiant like skipping an exit interview.

BOTTOM LINE: They both were problematic self-absorbed people you shouldn't build a club around.

Since they don't know how to defer they always require a more dominant alpha personality to keep them in line. Since there was no one here to keep them in line, these guys assumed everything revolved around them when neither are franchise players.

Put KP on a club with real leadership and he might still have a chance at being a team player if he stays healthy.

Like others recently noted, Melo needed to be drafted by the Pistons. Instead, he became a ball hog with no one to keep him in line.

Melo is still staging press events that show he still doesn't get why people don't want to play with a diva like him.

How unawares can a person possibly be?

When you combine that level of cluelessness with self-entitled you get a passive aggressive diva. That's who Melo is.

KP is not a finished product and he can change if he wishes to. But he was clearly acting entitled when he was not really in a position to be so grandiose.

For Melo, it is clearly too late. The man is just too ignorant to learn life's lessons.
Slicin N Dicin
Veteran
And1: 2,276

Post#58 » by Slicin N Dicin » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:19 pm

It's like Melo slept with some of y'all wives or moms the way you guys still talk about him....

Melo will always be considered one of the great players of his generation, is a surefire HOF'er. Those are facts.

Sure, he could've done some things different, but tell me which NBA player couldn't?
BaF 1.0 - Bucks: Inaugural BaF Champs 2018

It's Been Real BaF!

Check out the No Blood No Foul Podcast below with your boys from Real GM:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#59 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:46 pm

Slicin N Dicin wrote:It's like Melo slept with some of y'all wives or moms the way you guys still talk about him....

Melo will always be considered one of the great players of his generation, is a surefire HOF'er. Those are facts.

Sure, he could've done some things different, but tell me which NBA player couldn't?

I don't recall a player touted to be as great as Melo to show as little ability to adapt their game as they aged as Melo.

He became a one-trick pony in a multi-dimensional game.

Greatness is a word that gets used glibly to describe a player with low-efficiency stats.

He was great at what exactly?

Scoring less efficiently than the majority of the league?

His stats were the result of high usage, not actual greatness.

He could have been a great player, but he's an idiot and great players are by definition never as dumb as Melo.
Slicin N Dicin
Veteran
And1: 2,276

Post#60 » by Slicin N Dicin » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:58 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Slicin N Dicin wrote:It's like Melo slept with some of y'all wives or moms the way you guys still talk about him....

I don't recall a player touted to be as great as Melo to show as little ability to adapt their game as they aged as Melo.

He became a one-trick pony in a multi-dimensional game.

Greatness is a word that gets used glibly to describe a player with low-efficiency stats.

He was great at what exactly?

Scoring less efficiently than the majority of the league?

His stats were the result of high usage, not actual greatness.

He could have been a great player, but he's an idiot and great players are by definition never as dumb as Melo.

Great as referred to by almost all of his peers. Yes, Melo's greatest asset was his scoring, and people like to point out high usage/low efficiency. That was a result of the lack of talent around him. We saw the Knicks teams that were around him, even the Nuggets team's that he had weren't very well built. And when he did have those well built teams around him, we saw what he could do and where those teams could go (09' Nugs, 13' Knicks for example.)

You can't fault a player for playing with what they got. I know people like to blame him for the teams that were built around him, but that is on the FO of those organizations, not the player.

You may not like his mentality, you may not like what he was great at..BUT..he will be remembered as a great player and one of the better ones of this generation.

He came in as a rookie and turned around the Nugs franchise making them a tough team in a very tough west. He scored with the best of them and crashed the boards. He could defend when he wanted to (now that's another arguement about whether he should want to at all times) but the fact of the matter is, he excelled at what he did and is not the bum player many of you want to make him out to be.

Need to be objective when ranking players and take out personal bias or what stats or analytics you view as favorable.

We can agree to disagree on Melo however.
BaF 1.0 - Bucks: Inaugural BaF Champs 2018

It's Been Real BaF!

Check out the No Blood No Foul Podcast below with your boys from Real GM:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w

Return to New York Knicks