ImageImageImageImageImage

Melo to the Nets ?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,205

Re: Melo to the Nets ? 

Post#61 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:05 pm

Slicin N Dicin wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Slicin N Dicin wrote:It's like Melo slept with some of y'all wives or moms the way you guys still talk about him....

Melo will always be considered one of the great players of his generation, is a surefire HOF'er. Those are facts.

Sure, he could've done some things different, but tell me which NBA player couldn't?

I don't recall a player touted to be as great as Melo to show as little ability to adapt their game as they aged as Melo.

He became a one-trick pony in a multi-dimensional game.

Greatness is a word that gets used glibly to describe a player with low-efficiency stats.

He was great at what exactly?

Scoring less efficiently than the majority of the league?

His stats were the result of high usage, not actual greatness.

He could have been a great player, but he's an idiot and great players are by definition never as dumb as Melo.

Great as referred to by almost all of his peers. Yes, Melo's greatest asset was his scoring, and people like to point out high usage/low efficiency. That was a result of the lack of talent around him. We saw the Knicks teams that were around him, even the Nuggets team's that he had weren't very well built. And when he did have those well built teams around him, we saw what he could do and where those teams could go (09' Nugs, 13' Knicks for example.)

You can't fault a player for playing with what they got. I know people like to blame him for the teams that were built around him, but that is on the FO of those organizations, not the player.

You may not like his mentality, you may not like what he was great at..BUT..he will be remembered as a great player and one of the better ones of this generation.

He came in as a rookie and turned around the Nugs franchise making them a tough team in a very tough west. He scored with the best of them and crashed the boards. He could defend when he wanted to (now that's another arguement about whether he should want to at all times) but the fact of the matter is, he excelled at what he did and is not the bum player many of you want to make him out to be.

Need to be objective when ranking players and take out personal bias or what stats or analytics you view as favorable.

We can agree to disagree on Melo however.

You have not come to terms with the truth that Melo's place in basketball history is so deeply tarnished at this point that he will NOT be remembered in 30 years as one of the greats of this past 15 years. You're clearly a rational poster, yet you are still trapped in the Melo Delusion and I'll never understand this cult built around a profoundly stupid player like Melo. He is the worst star of all time and no amount of stroking will ever make up for his fall from grace which is what he will be remembered for years removed from now. Yes, we'll have to disagree on this one.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#62 » by Paradise » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:26 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:Like the Nets wouldn't cut anyone from the end of the bench to sign Melo for some media exposure.

We’re good with our media “exposure”. We’re one of the teams in the East with the most national TV games...our end of the bench guy got extended...we virtually have no room and if we wanted to sign Melo, it would’ve happened already.

He had a shot at playing in Barclays Center in 2011 and blew it because he didn’t want to play in Newark for a half season. Much like Dwight Howard. How’s that decision turning out for their careers a decade later?

They suck because they didn't want to play in Newark for half a season?

They all had the same ‘diva’ mindset towards a long term plan. They just needed to go where they wanted to go. Including Deron. The irony with him is he demanded for things he did actually receive and couldn’t deliver in the bright lights.

Melo embraced NY but did not embrace winning at the highest level and adapting and be scoffed at the idea of coming off the bench for so long nobody believes he actually wants to do that in 2019. That’s why he’s so sad and “friendly”. It’s like the boy who cried wolf.

Temple/Nawba/Pinson were the last few signings and all signed 2 year deals with the expectation to be in the bench rotation. A significant injury or a significant recruitment effort by KD, Kyrie, Caris or even Kenny (former assistant w/ Melo in NY) would most likely be what it takes to sniff a 1 year deal.

He’s fun to watch still and I still want him in NY. I personally predict he will re-sign with you guys and have a Wade esque farewell if the Knicks turn to tank mode mid season.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love seeing him in Barclays but he just isn’t the kind of guy we need in our locker room. I definitely think we wouldn’t disrespect him like Morey. Sean Marks has more class than that and we’ve handled worse in the Marks era.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,024

Post#63 » by blueNorange » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:38 pm

lol don’t crap on melos attitude when you’re team added kyrie and durant, 2 locker room problems.

irving especially.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Blockwatcher
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,174

Post#64 » by Blockwatcher » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:07 pm

Inter borough beef is already starting? Barely halfway through august
1 John 2 : 15-17
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Melo to the Nets ? 

Post#65 » by Paradise » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:08 am

blueNorange wrote:lol don’t crap on melos attitude when you’re team added kyrie and durant, 2 locker room problems.

irving especially.

Lol Last time I checked, all three “locker room problems” were supposed to be on Knicks payroll right now according to everyone within the MSG circle. So, it’s interesting to hear that all of a sudden, KD is a locker room problem. I’ll gladly have that problem.

Either way, both won a championship, hitting the biggest shots in the Finals in the last decade and...Melo hasn’t. Trying to imagine him in a Nets uni is unwarranted. Not happening.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#66 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:59 am

Paradise wrote:
blueNorange wrote:lol don’t crap on melos attitude when you’re team added kyrie and durant, 2 locker room problems.

irving especially.

Lol Last time I checked, all three “locker room problems” were supposed to be on Knicks payroll right now according to everyone within the MSG circle. So, it’s interesting to hear that all of a sudden, KD is a locker room problem. I’ll gladly have that problem.

Either way, both won a championship, hitting the biggest shots in the Finals in the last decade and...Melo hasn’t. Trying to imagine him in a Nets uni is unwarranted. Not happening.

And him returning to the Knicks is not happening either, so none of this is relevant. Just be happy you got players that about half of us are thankful as hell we did not get. Your front office just did what our front office did for two decades by signing a broken star. You do your Nets and we'll do our Knicks.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,201

Post#67 » by Kampuchea » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:25 am

Why isn't the Nets forum more active? So slow over there we get them coming into the Knicks forum since they are desperate for some basketball discussion.

Maybe next offseason the Nets can make some flashy FA signings which would increase the fans active on the forum.
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,808

Post#68 » by Adelheid » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:37 am

Paradise wrote:

irving especially.

ettt

Ever since the Kyrie to knicks rumors surfaced, pretty much more than half or maybe just half of this very board -- voiced their non-enthusiasm with regard to the said player. Nobody here wants Ky's whiny tendencies. Dunno about Durant though...what is being talked about here frequently is how he wont be able to handle the media.
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,154

Post#69 » by Context » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:44 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Paradise wrote:

irving especially.

And him returning to the Knicks is not happening either, so none of this is relevant. Just be happy you got players that about half of us are thankful as hell we did not get. Your front office just did what our front office did for two decades by signing a broken star. You do your Nets and we'll do our Knicks.
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,289

Post#70 » by iLLmatic860 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:53 pm

Why are Nets fans so concerned about the Knicks that they have to come to our boards? Lol I just dont get it.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#71 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:32 pm

Nobody is on their board. It's a desert over there. Look at the threads, they're all old. Nobody posts there because there's no one around to post.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
iLLmatic860
General Manager

Post#72 » by iLLmatic860 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:33 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:Nobody is on their board. It's a desert over there. Look at the threads, they're all old. Nobody posts there because there's no one around to post.

I thought they taking over New Yawk doe
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#73 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:43 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:Nobody is on their board. It's a desert over there. Look at the threads, they're all old. Nobody posts there because there's no one around to post.

I thought they taking over New Yawk doe

They are the definition of irrelevance.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#74 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:44 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:Why are Nets fans so concerned about the Knicks that they have to come to our boards? Lol I just dont get it.

It can get lonely staring at the skyscrapers across the Hudson River
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,352
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#75 » by BKlutch » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:35 am

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:Why are Nets fans so concerned about the Knicks that they have to come to our boards? Lol I just dont get it.

We have over 13 TIMES more posts than they do. We have nearly 4.5 Million, and they have around 300 thousand posts.

They also know that they're just team #2, and they don't rep NYC, just Brooklyn. So the only way they can boost themselves up is to talk about us

I think if they wind the playoffs, they would still be #2 around here. Or #3, if you include the Yankees.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

iLLmatic860
General Manager

Post#76 » by iLLmatic860 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:47 am

BKlutch wrote:

We have over 13 TIMES more posts than they do. We have nearly 4.5 Million, and they have around 300 thousand posts.

They also know that they're just team #2, and they don't rep NYC, just Brooklyn. So the only way they can boost themselves up is to talk about us

I think if they wind the playoffs, they would still be #2 around here. Or #3, if you include the Yankees.

I see more way Mets fans too so they might honestly be #4

Edit: Nevermind Nets are # 6 in the city. I forgot a bout Giants and Jets
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#77 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:59 am

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
BKlutch wrote:

Nah, the Nets are not ahead of Pizza and Chinese Food
iLLmatic860
General Manager

Post#78 » by iLLmatic860 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:24 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
BKlutch wrote:We have over 13 TIMES more posts than they do. We have nearly 4.5 Million, and they have around 300 thousand posts.

Nah, the Nets are not ahead of Pizza and Chinese Food

Or chopped cheese :lol:
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#79 » by br7knicks » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:33 am

Paradise wrote:

irving especially.

You're just hearing the KD is a locker room problem?

Or are you just a simple troller
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#80 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:57 am

br7knicks wrote:
Paradise wrote:

irving especially.

You're just hearing the KD is a locker room problem?

Or are you just a simple troller

It was actually a bit shocking to me to recently read KD spent last season not talking to his teammates. That's truly awful. I felt both pity and relief at not having that kind of emo stuff in our locker room.

Return to New York Knicks