ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Spider-Man Just Got Kicked out of the MCU

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Re: OT: Spider-Man Just Got Kicked out of the MCU 

Post#41 » by NYKAL » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:04 pm

RHODEY wrote:
NYKAL wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

I dont know how a single post regarding Captain equates to "Harping" and i don't know where you are pulling the "No talent" argument from . This stuff really is not something I wanted to argue about, I just like to chop it up in a non emotianal , non confrontational manner- . So here goes....

They can improve the story line writing, as they did with Thor, but unlike Thor I think Brie Larson is meh (at best)casting.
They seem to want to push a feminist grils agenda (which is fine if thats what you're into) and shes at the lead of that.

But she aint no Wonderwoman and never will be.

Laughing off Thanos head buts and being forced into an undeserved alpha role has pissed of many hardcore fans - Casual fans don't seem to care... for now ..but I think they are just there for the ride with her, and will jump ship if they continue on the current course.

As far as the rest of the MCU - yes they exist, and there are some great characters, Panther, etc. , but I don't think the general public's appetite for superhero films is infinite. I think there will come a point were people (ie, casual fans) will burnout from the genre even if the actors and writers attempt to pump out quality.

And I could be wrong.. I hope I am - but if if I'm right - they will have had a historical run anyway.

they tried to pull this in the actual comic years ago and it failed miserably. I'm all for empowering women but, you don't have to sacrifice the Males and masculinity in general to do it. As far as Bri....chick emotes even worse than Keanu Reeves. She either scowles or shows nothing at all. The most unlikable character in the whole MCU.

Agreed, Im all for empowered female character if they are good characters overall. Love Wonder Woman and Im ok with Scarlet witch ...kinda..

But in comics Captain Marvel fans are few . If they existed in any numbers then her comics would be a smash hit and they're not. So we have Disney having to start a character from square one, which is a huge opportunity to do something fresh and exciting with her.

Instead she's shoe-horned at the last minute into a story that took a decade to complete without any preparation or interaction with the rest of the story elements. Disney wants Captain Marvel to be a success without making the investment required to make a franchise a success.

The female Captain Marvel was an utter failure in the comics. They tried to reboot it a couple of times, tossed her onto the Avengers for a while and then tossed her onto the X-Men. Chris Claremont tried to further her development and turned her into Binary but she never really felt like a part of the x-men despite her relationship with Wolverine. After that she just disappeared from the Marvel landscape all together.
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,485

Post#42 » by Butch718 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:34 pm

Spider-Man 3: Welcome Home
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#43 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:39 am

What about Punisher and Daredevil?
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,442

Post#44 » by NYKnickerbocker » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:11 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:What about Punisher and Daredevil?

They gone

Return to New York Knicks