ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: I have a 3 week old son...

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

nyJnyKnyY
Rookie
And1: 360

Re: OT: I have a 3 week old son... 

Post#21 » by nyJnyKnyY » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:27 am

BKlutch wrote:Knicks, Jets, Yankees, and a wonderful new baby! Life is really good.

About this problem, I had this with my son as well, 18 years ago. I got it under control before our peds appointment came up by changing the Similac to another formula (Nutramagen wasn't the one, but dunno if its around now) and then holding him upright in my arms and walking with him, slightly bouncing him and burping him. It was much better in 2 or 3 days.

Whatever happens, remember that this is a common problem and your baby will be fine after he gets through this period. You and your wife need to take care of yourselves so you survive it as well as he does.

I get teary eyed every time someone said your last paragraph. It provides me with hope that my wife will feel better. She’s my main concern as I know this is normal with Ace (sons name) and it’s nothing detrimental to his future. It kills me to watch my wife go through it though. Again, thank you so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nyJnyKnyY
Rookie

Post#22 » by nyJnyKnyY » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:28 am

knicksNOTslick wrote:Congrats on the baby and on being a dad! It's a great feeling. I don't really have any advice, as I wasn't there for my son's first two months, save for the first 2 weeks he was born due to work reasons (military), and we didn't encounter the same problem.

But yea, my son's a Knicks/Mets/Jets fan so at least they got 2 in common.

Yes they do! Very exciting times hopefully as I’ve taken the brunt of the losing and Knicks and jets seem to be turning it around!

robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,036

Post#23 » by robillionaire » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:43 am

having our first one near the end of october so thanks for the advice

i usually go to the first knicks home game every season but not this year, good thing we still suck
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,362

Post#24 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:23 am

nyJnyKnyY wrote:And he is super colicky. While my patience is fine and I can endure any amount of fussing and crying, my wife however is FEEEEELING it. Any cheat codes or anything from experienced dads/moms?

We have gripe water, gas drops, not breastfeeding but drinking breastmilk from bottle. Similac formula. My wife doesn’t eat dairy or spicy things.

Any and all help appreciated. Thank you!

Congrats brother! Best of health, wealth and happiness.

But the time to confer with was BEFORE you got married. :lol: You're fcked now!
Free Palestine
nyJnyKnyY
Rookie

Post#25 » by nyJnyKnyY » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:24 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
nyJnyKnyY wrote:And he is super colicky. While my patience is fine and I can endure any amount of fussing and crying, my wife however is FEEEEELING it. Any cheat codes or anything from experienced dads/moms?

We have gripe water, gas drops, not breastfeeding but drinking breastmilk from bottle. Similac formula. My wife doesn’t eat dairy or spicy things.

Any and all help appreciated. Thank you!

Congrats brother! Best of health, wealth and happiness.

But the time to confer with was BEFORE you got married. :lol: You're fcked now!

Thank you! And lol. Married my PIC, ride or die. But I’m sure that rings true for others

nyJnyKnyY
Rookie

Post#26 » by nyJnyKnyY » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:25 am

robillionaire wrote:having our first one near the end of october so thanks for the advice

i usually go to the first knicks home game every season but not this year, good thing we still suck

Let’s keep this going as the new dads/moms thread lol congrats!!!

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#27 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:28 am

nyJnyKnyY wrote:
robillionaire wrote:having our first one near the end of october so thanks for the advice

The Official Moms/Dads Thread
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#28 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:30 am

When it comes to women, marriage, and children, I look to comedians for advice. Gaffigan is one of my favorites for these topics.

Free Palestine
nyJnyKnyY
Rookie

Post#29 » by nyJnyKnyY » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:34 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
nyJnyKnyY wrote:

The Official Moms/Dads Thread

nyJnyKnyY
Rookie

Post#30 » by nyJnyKnyY » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:34 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:When it comes to women, marriage, and children, I look to comedians for advice. Gaffigan is one of my favorites for these topics.

He’s good. Saw him live in AC. Pretty funny and real.

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,069

Post#31 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:21 am

Congratulations!

However,

Jets and Knicks? I'm calling child services.

Ok, at least you got the Yanks in there, so this child will know some sports winning in it's life.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,069

Post#32 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:27 am

Can't talk about my new kid, as the oldest goes off to college for his first year on Thursday. Have another in HS and one in grade school, as I enjoy feeling impoverished and tired.

On the plus side, he got enough scholarships, ROTC, a Jackie Robinson Foundation grant, that he'll be MAKING money to go to school.

Anyone with the real little ones. It goes fast. I'm sure you've heard that. I know I did. I was like "yeah, sure". They were right.

Except that first year. You'll be so tired time goes in reverse, it moves so slow.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,761

Post#33 » by Stannis » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:45 pm

nyJnyKnyY wrote:
Stannis wrote:Don't have any advice, but just wanted to say congratz!

May he grow up to be strong and healthy, and watch the Knicks in their glory days!

Haha my man! Much appreciated!

He loves the jets, Yankees and knicks! ImageImage

Should have been fair and offered him Mets/Yankees & Jets/Giants gear and see which one he liked best.

Maybe some Nets diapers.
Free Palestine
nyJnyKnyY
Rookie

Post#34 » by nyJnyKnyY » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:47 pm

Stannis wrote:
nyJnyKnyY wrote:
Stannis wrote:Don't have any advice, but just wanted to say congratz!

May he grow up to be strong and healthy, and watch the Knicks in their glory days!

Haha my man! Much appreciated!

He loves the jets, Yankees and knicks! ImageImage

Should have been fair and offered him Mets/Yankees & Jets/Giants gear and see which one he liked best.

My parents are Mets fans... we want him to know he’s a born winner with promise (yanks being the winner and jets Knicks with promise lol)

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,423

Post#35 » by Capn'O » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:49 pm

Congrats on your new son! What a beautiful shot of you two.

Others have given good advice to the specific situation at hand. Generally - hang in there, dad and pick up as much slack as you can. The first few weeks/months are the hardest all around. The adjustment to parenthood gets easier as you go (especially a few months in when they start smiling and laughing with you) and it sounds like you two are doing great.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Post#36 » by GEOLINK » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:59 pm

Congrats on the child brother.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,423

Post#37 » by Capn'O » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:00 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Jets and Knicks? I'm calling child services.

:lol:

My 3 year old daughter, independent of any instruction of mine, has become obsessed with James Harden and to a lesser extent Damian Lillard. She has dolls that she calls their names, role plays as them, and has sent James Harden pictures that she drew as fan mail. It's a good time.

Still needs to work on the stepback 3 though.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,193

Post#38 » by Kampuchea » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:29 pm

Have the 2 kids, last one is 6 months old.

Wife got the implant that’s good 3 years. I’ll be getting fixed before that time is up. Seen a few friends have unplanned 3rd kids. Hell no

My youngest is a bit easier though. Likes to be held most of the day time is tough but she sleeps most of the nights. My son was a little bastard, especially at 2-3 years old. Public tantrums galore, the little ****.
nyJnyKnyY
Rookie

Post#39 » by nyJnyKnyY » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:34 pm

Capn'O wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Jets and Knicks? I'm calling child services.

:lol:

My 3 year old daughter, independent of any instruction of mine, has become obsessed with James Harden and to a lesser extent Damian Lillard. She has dolls that she calls their names, role plays as them, and has sent James Harden pictures that she drew as fan mail. It's a good time.

Still needs to work on the stepback 3 though.

That’s so cool dude. I can’t wait for that. Don’t get me wrong, despite the colic, I am having the best time of my life with my son every day. The only time I’m away is for an hour to hour 30 for the gym then the remaining 22 hours I’m right there with him. I love making up silly songs and games when he’s crying to try and make him more comfy. He’ll never remember them but I hope he knows dad was there. Mom, she’s amazing. She’s already had a defining mommy moment the first night we realized he was colicky. Rocked him for 2 hours straight until he fell asleep. Laid in bed in silence for 3 hours after while he slept. I was in amazement of her. While dads can do a lot of different dad things, there’s nothing like the comfort of mom. I sat with her in silence for hose 3 hours just in awe of how she could be so in love with a little human that she’s only known for maybe a week. She’s amazing

nyJnyKnyY
Rookie

Post#40 » by nyJnyKnyY » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:36 pm

Kampuchea wrote:Have the 2 kids, last one is 6 months old.

Wife got the implant that’s good 3 years. I’ll be getting fixed before that time is up. Seen a few friends have unplanned 3rd kids. Hell no

My youngest is a bit easier though. Likes to be held most of the day time is tough but she sleeps most of the nights. My son was a little bastard, especially at 2-3 years old. Public tantrums galore, the little ****.

Lol I love these stories! Makes me feel like I’ve entered a different sect of the population that not everyone has knowledge/expertise about. While I’m brand new, I’m taking it all in and being the best father and husband I can be. Thank you so much to you and everyone for sharing so much and giving so much insight. So much appreciated and keep it coming!

Return to New York Knicks