ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: I have a 3 week old son...

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

nyJnyKnyY
Rookie
And1: 360

Re: OT: I have a 3 week old son... 

Post#81 » by nyJnyKnyY » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:47 pm

F N 11 wrote:
nyJnyKnyY wrote:
F N 11 wrote:Oh you about to love me! My son took this Bc gripe water did not work. But this ish right here saved the day. It’s expensive but trust.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gerber%20soothe%20drops&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1-m

Got that. Tried it yesterday and he had a rough one but we don’t attribute it to that. We have a doctors appointment on Tuesday (1 month check up) and we’ll see which one he thinks will work. We have gripe, the probiotic from gerber, has drops, some baby soothing tea, all with breastmilk (not mixed together and with the appropriate dosages when we’re using them), but we need guidance from his doctor on which is best.

But I truly appreciate the info though, thank you! You and everyone here have been awesome and it makes me love this forum (for the most part, some threads are wild) and the people here. I’m on here daily and it’s an escape for when there is anything jets related, now my son related!

How long did your child have colic for? Trying to get a bunch of different peoples timing to HOPEFULLY see if we can gauge how long ours could be. Any info is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Son did not have it much after I tried the gerber soothe. Not to fear man. I feel like it’s your first child Bc of how protective you are. My son is 4 and I’m still protective. But they tell us to relax but we are the way we are because of them being our first. He will be fine I promise: he’s just young and gaining strength.

Can’t beat realgm. When camp start we back.

Appreciate the insight my man!!! He spent the night at gramma and grandpas last night (first time) and it went amazing for them. The wife and I got an amazing nights sleep! First time in a month. Feel very refreshed. Soon off to go pick him up :)

nyJnyKnyY
Rookie

Post#82 » by nyJnyKnyY » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:35 pm

Update!

8 weeks tomorrow. Has progressively gotten better and changed formula to nutramagen (spelling) and it’s even better!

ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,970

Post#83 » by ITGM » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:29 pm

nyJnyKnyY wrote:
Stannis wrote:Don't have any advice, but just wanted to say congratz!

May he grow up to be strong and healthy, and watch the Knicks in their glory days!

Haha my man! Much appreciated!

He loves the jets, Yankees and knicks! ImageImage

And no Brooklyn Nets apparel in sight 8-) You're off to a great start, congratulations.
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#84 » by malik959 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:37 pm

Congrats bro, glad to see he's doing better!
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#85 » by malik959 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:41 pm

Congrats bro, glad to see he's doing better!
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,239

Post#86 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:47 pm

Mine are sleeping pretty good at 216, 185 and 108 months. I'll see if I can rustle up a picture or two.
nyJnyKnyY
Rookie

Post#87 » by nyJnyKnyY » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:00 am

thebuzzardman wrote:Mine are sleeping pretty good at 216, 185 and 108 months. I'll see if I can rustle up a picture or two.

has a convo about that the other day (when do you jump from weeks to months and so on) weeks to months is now and months to years is after 1.
Funny guy lol

thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#88 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:15 am

nyJnyKnyY wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Mine are sleeping pretty good at 216, 185 and 108 months. I'll see if I can rustle up a picture or two.

has a convo about that the other day (when do you jump from weeks to months and so on) weeks to months is now and months to years is after 1.
Funny guy lol

Ha! I'm not sure when you go over from weeks to months to years.

I think after 1 year, it's months, until 2....but even months matter after 2 years, since it's still a significant amount of time. But kind of recall going 2 and 1/4 or 2 and 1/2..
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,293

Post#89 » by iLLmatic860 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:37 am

Just got my girl prego

Took two tests it came out positive but Tommorow we will find out the if it’s accurate at the doctors

Im happy and all but its horrible timing. Im moving all the way to Florida lol. A baby wasnt in the plans but thats life.
nyJnyKnyY
Rookie

Post#90 » by nyJnyKnyY » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:46 am

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:Just got my girl prego

Took two tests it came out positive but Tommorow we will find out the if it’s accurate at the doctors

Im happy and all but its horrible timing. Im moving all the way to Florida lol. A baby wasnt in the plans but thats life.

Congrats! While not planned, having a son or daughter is **** awesome and you’ll make it work. Happy to help with any advice (parenting is
Guess and check for the most part)

King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#91 » by King of Canada » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:09 pm

Good to hear he's settling down! Honestly, it's just a time thing. My little guy is 3.5months now and the constant screaming has tailed off almost entirely. He's always smiling, and laughed for the first time over the weekend. Child #3 brought home a cold and got us all sick, including the baby, so he's been up gagging on snot the last few nights.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,358

Post#92 » by robillionaire » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:22 pm

mine is due in less than a month now yikes
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#93 » by King of Canada » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:25 pm

robillionaire wrote:mine is due in less than a month now yikes

It's good for you to be reading this thread :lol: It'll be nuts for the first couple of months, but gets way easier after that.

What kind of maternity leave is there in the US? I've heard it's 6 weeks. Is that accurate?
BAF Pacers

Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,358

Post#94 » by robillionaire » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:50 pm

King of Canada wrote:

It's good for you to be reading this thread :lol: It'll be nuts for the first couple of months, but gets way easier after that.

What kind of maternity leave is there in the US? I've heard it's 6 weeks. Is that accurate?

It's usually nothing or 12 weeks unpaid for maternity leave but I live in new york and there are state laws that allow us to take both maternity and paternity leave for 10 weeks (going to 12 weeks next year) and get paid half our salary and my wife's job is paying the difference so that's pretty cool, we will stagger it so she'll be off until January and then I'll take off from January to mid March that way we won't have to pay for child care until then
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#95 » by King of Canada » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:00 pm

robillionaire wrote:
King of Canada wrote:

It's usually nothing or 12 weeks unpaid for maternity leave but I live in new york and there are state laws that allow us to take both maternity and paternity leave for 10 weeks (going to 12 weeks next year) and get paid half our salary and my wife's job is paying the difference so that's pretty cool, we will stagger it so she'll be off until January and then I'll take off from January to mid March that way we won't have to pay for child care until then

Nice, it's good that you do have a decent amount of time off. We're lucky here and get a full year at 55% of income (or 18 months at 33%) combined between maternity and parental leave. Usually the mother takes the whole thing. . It's not easy going that long with less income, but we really appreciate it. Last year our government added an additional 5 weeks that the parent that doesn't take any leave can take at the end of the year, so I'm looking at maybe taking 5 weeks next summer. We'll see. It's a bit of a pain with the reduction in pay and an interruption in benefits for the 5 weeks.
BAF Pacers

Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127
Starter
And1: 646

Post#96 » by KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:34 pm

nyJnyKnyY wrote:And he is super colicky. While my patience is fine and I can endure any amount of fussing and crying, my wife however is FEEEEELING it. Any cheat codes or anything from experienced dads/moms?

We have gripe water, gas drops, not breastfeeding but drinking breastmilk from bottle. Similac formula. My wife doesn’t eat dairy or spicy things.

Any and all help appreciated. Thank you!

Congrats! I have a one month old at home and she was gassy and constipated. She was only on formula we switched from Similac to Nutramigen because the Nutarmigen formula milk protein is more broken down and easier to digest for young babies. Also try putting your baby on an angled chair. We have a rocking chair and an infant pillow that keeps her propped up and on an angle. Burp the baby and give the baby 15-20 mins of staying vertical before you put the baby down this gives tone to digest the formula/milk. Hope this helps!
alphad0gz
Analyst
And1: 405

Post#97 » by alphad0gz » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:53 pm

King of Canada wrote:Good to hear he's settling down! Honestly, it's just a time thing. My little guy is 3.5months now and the constant screaming has tailed off almost entirely. He's always smiling, and laughed for the first time over the weekend. Child #3 brought home a cold and got us all sick, including the baby, so he's been up gagging on snot the last few nights.

You're on the money. It's a time thing and it varies greatly. There is no magic formula or technique. The most important part is to get your wife some time off. It's very tough on the ladies, especially if they deal with it most of the time.
alphad0gz
Analyst
And1: 405

Post#98 » by alphad0gz » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:56 pm

robillionaire wrote:
King of Canada wrote:

Not accurate at all. Family leave is a Federal law.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#99 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:38 am

alphad0gz wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
King of Canada wrote:

Not accurate at all. Family leave is a Federal law.

Except....wait for it....the federal government does NOT give their employees paid family leave.

You have to take vacation.

Some people have worked for the government for so damn long, that they have more vacation days than they can use and donate them to a "vacation bank", which then OTHER workers can use for family leave or family illness. I kid you not. When our first two kids were born, wife and I were private sector, enabling the 1% for a living. Then she took a job with a TLA (three letter agency) and later, the 3rd kid started forming. And guess what we found out? No paid family leave! She actually wound up borrowing 2 weeks out of that "bank" for the grand total of 4 weeks off for "maternity leave"

Good times. Murica.
NY Knicka
Pro Prospect
And1: 275

Post#100 » by NY Knicka » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:08 am

Congrats! My first born is due in April 2020.

Will bump this thread then for tips.

Return to New York Knicks