Page 6 of 7

Re: OT: NBA 2k20

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:21 pm
by Sprewell4Three
Maybe I'm playing a different game but I think the game is enjoyable. Every single year I think the game is good but then I read the comments and the fans say 2k {insert year } is the worst 2k ever? I don't know what you guys expect from video games at this point, I mean i've given up on these games trying to replicate real NBA basketball 100% of the time.

Re: OT: NBA 2k20

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:58 pm
by robillionaire
bearadonisdna wrote:The key to not being super disappointment is to realize 2K20 is really just buying the rookie class.
It’s the same game for 10 years plus, like other video games that come out with yearly installments.

I’m playing it on mobile, it’s enjoyable on my tablet.
Rj is an 82 which is mad respect. With an 82 3pt but form a little clunky.
Walker is an 83 overall
Zach LaVine a 79 overall.
For context.

The ratings are a bit more nerfed on mobile, kind of Madden-esque imo.


RJ is a 78 on ps4 so I'm not sure if the tablet ratings are different or what

I like his form though, looks weird but for some reason I time a lot of perfect green releases with him

Re: OT: NBA 2k20

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:15 pm
by DaT WaVeY RiCaN
Sprewell4Three wrote:Maybe I'm playing a different game but I think the game is enjoyable. Every single year I think the game is good but then I read the comments and the fans say 2k {insert year } is the worst 2k ever? I don't know what you guys expect from video games at this point, I mean i've given up on these games trying to replicate real NBA basketball 100% of the time.

The complaints come from myplayer guys

That community is toxic

Re: OT: NBA 2k20

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:32 pm
by TheGreenArrow
I have to say after starting myleague with the knicks this game has been so much more enjoyable.

I acquired zion and cam. My starting five is dsjr cam rj zion and mitch. Im undefeated so far.

Re: OT: NBA 2k20

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:49 pm
by Jadoogar
TheGreenArrow wrote:I have to say after starting myleague with the knicks this game has been so much more enjoyable.

I acquired zion and cam. My starting five is dsjr cam rj zion and mitch. Im undefeated so far.


I have to imagine Zion has 5 star trade value, how did you acquire them with the Knicks' players?

Re: OT: NBA 2k20

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:00 pm
by NYKnickerbocker
Jadoogar wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:I have to say after starting myleague with the knicks this game has been so much more enjoyable.

I acquired zion and cam. My starting five is dsjr cam rj zion and mitch. Im undefeated so far.


I have to imagine Zion has 5 star trade value, how did you acquire them with the Knicks' players?

Turn that trades logic off baby lol

Re: OT: NBA 2k20

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:01 am
by TheGreenArrow
NYKnickerbocker wrote:
Jadoogar wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:I have to say after starting myleague with the knicks this game has been so much more enjoyable.

I acquired zion and cam. My starting five is dsjr cam rj zion and mitch. Im undefeated so far.


I have to imagine Zion has 5 star trade value, how did you acquire them with the Knicks' players?

Turn that trades logic off baby lol



:lol: :nod:

Re: OT: NBA 2k20

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:02 am
by xxrainnn
Fellow Frank stans: how do we activate our boy in quick game mode? He seems to be on the inactive list and I feel like I've exhausted all my ideas on how to change the rotation. Anybody know how to do it?

Re: OT: NBA 2k20

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:28 am
by ITGM
xxrainnn wrote:Fellow Frank stans: how do we activate our boy in quick game mode? He seems to be on the inactive list and I feel like I've exhausted all my ideas on how to change the rotation. Anybody know how to do it?



Image

Re: OT: NBA 2k20

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:42 am
by King Ken
Sprewell4Three wrote:Maybe I'm playing a different game but I think the game is enjoyable. Every single year I think the game is good but then I read the comments and the fans say 2k {insert year } is the worst 2k ever? I don't know what you guys expect from video games at this point, I mean i've given up on these games trying to replicate real NBA basketball 100% of the time.

The gameplay is great, the guys who are always bitching are the guys who spend all day every day playing 2k

Re: OT: NBA 2k20

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:52 am
by robillionaire
xxrainnn wrote:Fellow Frank stans: how do we activate our boy in quick game mode? He seems to be on the inactive list and I feel like I've exhausted all my ideas on how to change the rotation. Anybody know how to do it?


you have to go to settings and create custom roster and move him up in the rotation, then before the game choose to use the custom roster, at least that works for exhibition games, won't work for playing online or anything

Re: OT: NBA 2k20

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:20 pm
by bearadonisdna
robillionaire wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:The key to not being super disappointment is to realize 2K20 is really just buying the rookie class.
It’s the same game for 10 years plus, like other video games that come out with yearly installments.

I’m playing it on mobile, it’s enjoyable on my tablet.
Rj is an 82 which is mad respect. With an 82 3pt but form a little clunky.
Walker is an 83 overall
Zach LaVine a 79 overall.
For context.

The ratings are a bit more nerfed on mobile, kind of Madden-esque imo.


RJ is a 78 on ps4 so I'm not sure if the tablet ratings are different or what

I like his form though, looks weird but for some reason I time a lot of perfect green releases with him


Yeah the ratings are different.


Randle-82
Rj-82
Portis-80
Smith-78
Gibson-76
Morris-74
Payton-77
Knox-72
Dotson-66
Frank-73
Mitch-68
Trier-69
Ellington-69
Bullock-69
Allen-69

Theres some good and bad for the ratings. In a way i get it, the rookie class is a little bit juiced up but its on mobile, so i can get a bit of a different more subjective scale.

Rj is fantastic even tho im having trouble getting greens.
Also i roll with knox and dotson as foundational pieces. Knox got a buttery smooth stroke and dotson is like the quintessential playground legend. :lol:

Re: OT: NBA 2k20

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:21 pm
by Isiahthomass
I'm actually enjoying the game, but I also haven't bought a new one in a couple of years.

Re: OT: NBA 2k20

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:58 pm
by NYKnickerbocker
I simmed 3 seasons to see how **** would play out.

RJ is the second coming of Tmac
Mitch is a more nimble Gobert
Knox is a scoring machine
Frank is a good role player
Smith is a floor general
And we signed Giannis lol.

Wish that played out irl

Re: OT: NBA 2k20

Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:22 am
by DaT WaVeY RiCaN
Image
Just got that Kemp. Didnt have to spend a dime on my team and its legit


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: OT: NBA 2k20

Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:12 am
by spree2kawhi
I've played NBA live '97-03. I'm surprised the player movement in game play still hasn't become more fluid from a graphics engine perspective. Details are obviously in higher definition now, but players making moves and turning corners still look similarly awkward and stiff compared to those 20 years ago. I'm not very impressed.

Re: OT: NBA 2k20

Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:03 pm
by DaT WaVeY RiCaN
spree2kawhi wrote:I've played NBA live '97-03. I'm surprised the player movement in game play still hasn't become more fluid from a graphics engine perspective. Details are obviously in higher definition now, but players making moves and turning corners still look similarly awkward and stiff compared to those 20 years ago. I'm not very impressed.

Lol youre nitpicking like a mf

Re: OT: NBA 2k20

Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:32 pm
by TheGreenArrow
Taco fall's not in the game?? Im trying to find him but i dont see him any of the rosters.

Re: OT: NBA 2k20

Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:45 pm
by spree2kawhi
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:I've played NBA live '97-03. I'm surprised the player movement in game play still hasn't become more fluid from a graphics engine perspective. Details are obviously in higher definition now, but players making moves and turning corners still look similarly awkward and stiff compared to those 20 years ago. I'm not very impressed.

Lol youre nitpicking like a mf

I think that's central. 20 years later it's kinda ridiculous how the players still move and turn the exact same way. Just saying.

Re: OT: NBA 2k20

Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:56 pm
by DaT WaVeY RiCaN
spree2kawhi wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:I've played NBA live '97-03. I'm surprised the player movement in game play still hasn't become more fluid from a graphics engine perspective. Details are obviously in higher definition now, but players making moves and turning corners still look similarly awkward and stiff compared to those 20 years ago. I'm not very impressed.

Lol youre nitpicking like a mf

I think that's central. 20 years later it's kinda ridiculous how the players still move and turn the exact same way. Just saying.

Lol ok you’re trolling