ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: NBA 2k20

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,816

Re: OT: NBA 2k20 

Post#61 » by UcanUwill » Fri Sep 6, 2019 4:49 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
F N 11 wrote:Last game I enjoyed was halo 2. Best game I ever played and most fun.

You should try out this game called Detroit: Become Human. I too get bored often with games lately but I copped this game earlier this year and I was hooked. The game is solely based on your decisions and the story can change in many ways. Check it out if you get time

This sounds interesting

I watched few lets play episodes of that game. It got some bad reviews, but it looked interesting.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,515

Post#62 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Sep 7, 2019 1:44 am

Not feeling this game. A lot slower. Hard to do fancy dribbles. Getting frame rate drops at 4k. Sigh. Hopefully NBA live 20 is better lol
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,076

Post#63 » by DaGawd » Sat Sep 7, 2019 2:17 am

Y'all will like it in a few weeks
BaF
Washington Wizards
VECTORMAN
Ballboy
And1: 57

Post#64 » by VECTORMAN » Sat Sep 7, 2019 2:24 am

I haven't bought one of these games since probably 2k13. I miss the days of just chilling on the couch playing against my buddies, passing the controller around, laughing our asses off and screaming at the TV when you get beat in the final seconds. But man... I'm tired of this business model, where every game franchise releases a "new" version every year, hits you over the head for at least 60 bucks, then tries to make you spend over 100 by the time you're done with collectors editions and DLC packs. F that. That was never for me.

It's a shame, all I see now is complaints about the way the game looks and feels. 2K used to be a guaranteed banger when they dropped, but now I guess they're trying to be too fancy, or maybe the developers get a bit complacent and bored with the process and aren't trying to innovate enough.

If you ask me, they should release a new base model every few years with some real improvements worth paying full price for, and charge you like 9.99 each season in between for roster updates and some small tweaks. But I guess when people keep falling for it, and you're making millions on top of millions with franchises like 2K, Madden and Call of Duty every year, why change it up?

Only game I really play now is Rocket League. Anyone else here get down? This game feels like you're playing a real sport with how perfectly the physics work, how smoothly the online mode works, and how damn competitive it is online. It's perfect for Esports because the level of skills you can develop over time is insane. Games like 2K or Madden never actually feel like basketball or football. You hit a button to perform a move or unlock some animation, which is fine and dandy. But nothing really translates from real life to the game itself, besides maybe spacing or play calling. With Rocket League, it really feels like you're playing soccer inside of a car lol. Hard to fully explain unless you play it and feel it for yourself.

Drop me some PS4 gamertags if you're trying to get this work in RL.
YouthMovement
General Manager
And1: 4,758

Post#65 » by YouthMovement » Sat Sep 7, 2019 5:46 am

downloading now, excited to play with our youngns
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,453

Post#66 » by robillionaire » Sun Sep 8, 2019 2:44 pm

I've been having a lot of fun with it. pro tip for using the knicks, don't shoot 3s with dsj ever
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,519

Post#67 » by NYKnickerbocker » Sun Sep 8, 2019 3:08 pm

Gunna take me a minute to get comfortable with the dribbling. I like it tho. Was only using the knicks practicing. Switched to the warriors and saw it’s not me it’s the he Knicks lol. DSJ got a basic ass dribble package. He could whip out the shamgod n **** last year. Now he weak
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,936

Post#68 » by F N 11 » Sun Sep 8, 2019 3:20 pm

Not even considering copping. I know my body. Play for 2 days then Bury the game.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#69 » by robillionaire » Sun Sep 8, 2019 3:37 pm

NYKnickerbocker wrote:Gunna take me a minute to get comfortable with the dribbling. I like it tho. Was only using the knicks practicing. Switched to the warriors and saw it’s not me it’s the he Knicks lol. DSJ got a basic ass dribble package. He could whip out the shamgod n **** last year. Now he weak

That's why I practice using the knicks. When i switch to an actual good team it's like when piccolo takes off his weighted armor
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,989

Post#70 » by Richard4444 » Sun Sep 8, 2019 3:44 pm

I started a season in Pro difficulty. I traded Dennis, Randle, Payton, Marcus and Taj after the third game if the season. Dennis and Payton are bad shooters. Marcus and Taj are too slow players for my taste. And Randle was bad in defense and is not efficient in offense.

I liked our how our young core play. Mitch, Barret, Knox, Trier and even Frank are good player in the game. Portis is also pretty good.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,076

Post#71 » by DaGawd » Sun Sep 8, 2019 3:45 pm

Anybody else experiencing the name disappearing glitch on their myplayer?
BaF
Washington Wizards
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM

Post#72 » by NYKnickerbocker » Sun Sep 8, 2019 3:54 pm

Richard4444 wrote:I started a season in Pro difficulty. I traded Dennis, Randle, Payton, Marcus and Taj after the third seasons game. Dennis and Payton are bad shooters. Marcus and Taj are too slow players for my taste. And Randle was bad in defense and is not efficient in offense.

I liked our how our young core play. Mitch, Barret, Knox, Trier and even Frank are good player in the game. Portis is also pretty good.
I’m in a online lg with the Knicks. Gunna build around Knox, RJ and Mitch. Probably keep frank or trier as key role players. Try to trade everyone else.

Trying to decide if I should tank or try to compete. I know I can crack the playoffs but won’t be able to beat some of the others guys in the lg with better teams than me.
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#73 » by malik959 » Sun Sep 8, 2019 4:50 pm

Loving it so far. Had to speed it up to about 56% because the players move so slow. Still don't care for the delay sometimes when you go to block a shot or automatic reach in fouls.
I enjoyed playing in the WNBA as the Liberty, Charles is unstoppable.

For the Knicks, Knox becomes a beast when he's hot. Just wish he was consistent. People were right about DSJ's handling package, it shouldn't be basic. I'll change that later. Trier is the worst when guarding back cuts, I mean non existent. Mitch is still a beast allthough he is better in real life. The announcers still hate us and continue to talk sh!+ and I believe 2k hates us

Does anybody else get studdering in their sound (announcers)?

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,515

Post#74 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Sep 8, 2019 4:56 pm

NYKnickerbocker wrote:Gunna take me a minute to get comfortable with the dribbling. I like it tho. Was only using the knicks practicing. Switched to the warriors and saw it’s not me it’s the he Knicks lol. DSJ got a basic ass dribble package. He could whip out the shamgod n **** last year. Now he weak

He also has the same dunk package as Klay Thompson. I’m also mad that they dropped Julius Randles rating because he’s a Knick. Dude was an 85 in 2K19..smh lol
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM

Post#75 » by NYKnickerbocker » Sun Sep 8, 2019 6:00 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:

He also has the same dunk package as Klay Thompson. I’m also mad that they dropped Julius Randles rating because he’s a Knick. Dude was an 85 in 2K19..smh lol
got the same dunk package as 2k19 I think. I didn’t mind it cause he probably was the best contact dunking PG on the game. Haven’t had any poster opportunity’s so far this 2k
malik959
Lead Assistant

Post#76 » by malik959 » Sun Sep 8, 2019 7:52 pm

Everyone dropped when they became a Knick, Portis was a 79, Randle was a 85, and Bullock was a 76. And I don't want to hear about injuries because Durant stayed the same. Oh and Melo was dropped to like 77 :lol: . They hate the Knicks!!! It's like there's no such thing as improvement if you are a Knick.
malik959
Lead Assistant

Post#77 » by malik959 » Sun Sep 8, 2019 8:23 pm

Funniest thing is Mudiay went up from 74 to 76.
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#78 » by robillionaire » Mon Sep 9, 2019 1:15 am

malik959 wrote:Everyone dropped when they became a Knick, Portis was a 79, Randle was a 85, and Bullock was a 76. And I don't want to hear about injuries because Durant stayed the same. Oh and Melo was dropped to like 77 :lol: . They hate the Knicks!!! It's like there's no such thing as improvement if you are a Knick.

at least mitch went up :lol:
and trier
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,071

Post#79 » by GONYK » Mon Sep 9, 2019 5:06 pm

There are barely any reviews on this game. Nothing from the major sites yet.
FKF
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#80 » by FKF » Mon Sep 9, 2019 11:15 pm

Well I won’t be complaining.
2K20 is the best basketball game experience you can get. There are things to fix but overall it’s tough not to enjoy to play. Gameplay is awesome and feels more and more like reality year after year.

On a side note, if the Knicks suck as much in reality as they suck in this game, they ain’t winning 20 games. We are constructed with bad shooters, bad rebounders. RJ Barrett is slow as hell. Randle can’t rebound and is below average at scoring. Our starting unit is ****.
Bobby Portis our best big.
Can’t even play with Ntilikina who’s out of the rotation, I had Coach start Smith at PG then use Ellington, Trier as backup PGs, and then Payton in garbage time. :lol:
New-York Knicks fan since 1998, based in Paris, FR.

Return to New York Knicks