ImageImageImageImageImage

Damyean Dotson Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Re: Damyean Dotson Thread 

Post#61 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:02 am

br7knicks wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
Definitely in the hate train for Trier. The hate is in his nickname, even.

His game screams of melo, and I can't watch ****, losing basketball for another 7 years.

So many easy, open passes missed, that would've led to easy buckets, for awful, contested jumpers.

His game hurts my eyes, and my brain. As a point guard in HS, I just don't understand how someone can play like that. It's so bad. As a teammate, I would've gotten the whole team to beat him with a sock full of bars of soap, full metal jacket style. He's so bad, and I can't watch **** mentality basketball anymore.

:banghead:

He’s a selfish scorer. Guys like that you gotta take them at face value. To me as long as he’s doing it efficiently I’m ok with it. Also the Knicks really lacked offense at times last season so Trier filled a void. However, now that knicks appear to have more offensive talent I would like to see some development from him as a passer, defender, and overall more of a team player.

He did have stretches where he saw the open guy. He needs to learn that balance.

As long as he's only 10 mpg, he might be fine

He was one of the few who consistently hit mitch with good lobs.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#62 » by br7knicks » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:02 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
He’s a selfish scorer. Guys like that you gotta take them at face value. To me as long as he’s doing it efficiently I’m ok with it. Also the Knicks really lacked offense at times last season so Trier filled a void. However, now that knicks appear to have more offensive talent I would like to see some development from him as a passer, defender, and overall more of a team player.

He did have stretches where he saw the open guy. He needs to learn that balance.

Yes, I'll definitely admit that. He and Mitch has amazing chemistry.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,254

Post#63 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:55 pm

melo4three wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:I watched the majority of our games lol. Dotson would be hot one game and then trash the other game or would be hot first 3 quarters and off in the 4th. (But then again that was our whole team) He was one of our better players last season but then again what does that even mean? We practically have a brand new roster this season.

That was more the rookie season Dotson than last year's Dotson. He did have some hot and cold games like anyone else, but you're basically mixing up seasons in your memory.

I prefer rookie Dotson, he is definitely the type of guy that does worse the more minutes you play him. He shouldn't be playing more than 10-15 min a night unless he is hot.

Sophomore Dotson was greatly improved over rookie Dotson. Besides, Dotson played far more minutes his second year so once again: what the hell are you guys talking about? It's like you never watched the games
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#64 » by dakomish23 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:12 pm

Knicks had a better on court rating than off court rating for Dotson

https://stats.nba.com/vs/advanced/#!?PlayerID=1628422&VsPlayerID=1629019

They're both negative, but that's expected for most players with a sub 20 win team
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
hatnlvr
General Manager
And1: 1,117

Post#65 » by hatnlvr » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:22 pm

I think Dot showed enough development last year (he seemed more consistent and was a good contributor on both ends of the court).

Honestly I don't understand the DNP's that he gets because he always seems to provide the team with a lift when he's in.
ImageImage
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,319

Post#66 » by iLLmatic860 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:00 pm

I dont think looking into the numbers are really gonna prove much tbh. We were a tanking team and Fiz was putting all types of line ups out there. It was more of an experimental season than anything.

Dotson is already 25. Im not really sure how much better he can get to be honest but he def earned a spot on this squad or the nba for that matter but I wouldnt go as far to say hes irreplaceable.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#67 » by Nazrmohamed » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:31 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:

I felt the same way but you gotta try to understand that we had a coach preaching catch what you kill. Trier was taken in the second round, drafted as a 4yr college player. You put that together and hes walking in on a team whose draft pick is 19 and lost, last year's pick is 20 and still lost and the rest of the team is reclamation projects. For us to be having this discussion now with him still on the team is a major accomplishment and justified how he played.

What I did see with Trier though is once we traded Hardaway and Lee, he started playing less selfish, less iso and even put in alittle harder on defense. I think he started out feeling he needed to prove he belonged and once he got some job security he played a bit more well rounded. I don't wanna make it out like he abandoned his iso ways but he did tone it down a bit

As for Dotson hes my favorite role player. He just constantly moves to get open and takes solid shots
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#68 » by taj2133 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:52 pm

I think dotson wll get playing time this year he has shown enough work that he is a solid player to be in the rotation. If perry didn't like dotson he wouldn't have picked up his third year option being that dotson was drafted by phil. I think dotson will be the only player left in the phil jackson era.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,303

Post#69 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:39 pm

taj2133 wrote:I think dotson wll get playing time this year he has shown enough work that he is a solid player to be in the rotation. If perry didn't like dotson he wouldn't have picked up his third year option being that dotson was drafted by phil. I think dotson will be the only player left in the phil jackson era.

I like Dotson, but if Iggy plays well, he's getting Langston Galloway'd

He's be like 3rd on the depth chart at SG and SF, respectively, even after the vets are gone.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,635

Post#70 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:44 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
taj2133 wrote:I think dotson wll get playing time this year he has shown enough work that he is a solid player to be in the rotation. If perry didn't like dotson he wouldn't have picked up his third year option being that dotson was drafted by phil. I think dotson will be the only player left in the phil jackson era.

I like Dotson, but if Iggy plays well, he's getting Langston Galloway'd

He's be like 3rd on the depth chart at SG and SF, respectively, even after the vets are gone.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Free Palestine
melo4three
Senior
And1: 253

Post#71 » by melo4three » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:20 pm

dakomish23 wrote:Knicks had a better on court rating than off court rating for Dotson

They're both negative, but that's expected for most players with a sub 20 win team

http://www.82games.com/1819/1819NYK.HTM

Trier was the more positive player by a good margin, It is hard to do though with knox playing 30 min a game and dragging everyone down.
melo4three
Senior
And1: 253

Post#72 » by melo4three » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:22 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
melo4three wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
That was more the rookie season Dotson than last year's Dotson. He did have some hot and cold games like anyone else, but you're basically mixing up seasons in your memory.

I prefer rookie Dotson, he is definitely the type of guy that does worse the more minutes you play him. He shouldn't be playing more than 10-15 min a night unless he is hot.

Sophomore Dotson was greatly improved over rookie Dotson. Besides, Dotson played far more minutes his second year so once again: what the hell are you guys talking about? It's like you never watched the games

actually no, dot was more efficient in his rookie season.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#73 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:41 pm

melo4three wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
melo4three wrote:

actually no, dot was more efficient in his rookie season.

He played a grand total of 474 minutes his first year

He played 2004 minutes his second year.

His 3FG% went up while his 2FG% went down so his EFG% remained basically the same

The key metrics over sustained playing time was a rise in % from 3 and FT line

He barely got on the floor his first year and only played 44 games as a rookie so yeah OK
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,211

Post#74 » by Kampuchea » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:05 pm

Trade Dotson. His contract is up and we can’t be giving mid level guys long term deals until we get some max level guys first
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#75 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:12 pm

Kampuchea wrote:Trade Dotson. His contract is up and we can’t be giving mid level guys long term deals until we get some max level guys first

This roster is like holding a deck of trading cards in your hands. You know Perry is going to swing some deals this year.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,211

Post#76 » by Kampuchea » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:41 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:Trade Dotson. His contract is up and we can’t be giving mid level guys long term deals until we get some max level guys first

This roster is like holding a deck of trading cards in your hands. You know Perry is going to swing some deals this year.

I hope so, I like Perry so far. Dots is a nice player as well, the timeline is off for contract extension though
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#77 » by dakomish23 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:48 am

melo4three wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:Knicks had a better on court rating than off court rating for Dotson

http://www.82games.com/1819/1819NYK.HTM

Trier was the more positive player by a good margin, It is hard to do though with knox playing 30 min a game and dragging everyone down.

NBA.com has him -7.2 and Dotson at -8.0

https://on.nba.com/2DGHZ62
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#78 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:05 am

(To "Bohemian Rhapsody")

Kampuchea Kampuchea
To trade Dotson, we say "No!" ...
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#79 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:06 am

Clyde_Style wrote:

More likely involving the vets, imo. But who knows?
Free Palestine
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#80 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:46 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

More likely involving the vets, imo. But who knows?

Je ne sais quoi, mais il y aura du sang

Return to New York Knicks