ImageImageImageImageImage

FIBA world cup 2019 thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,576

Re: FIBA world cup 2019 thread 

Post#81 » by El Poochio » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:54 pm

nedleeds wrote:How is that a tie up? Gobert has the ball in his belly?

How are Lopez Plumlee ever wearing a US shirt they are shocking

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,785

Post#82 » by matchman » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:05 pm

:rockon:

Sorry Celtics, Pacers and Nets, that is not the way to win a world champ.
Are you fans of the team or the player?
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,648

Post#83 » by nedleeds » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:05 pm

Yeah Plumlee is pretty bad. Lopez I thought would be useful, he can guard Jokic but also be a floor spacer is the US ran pick and roll over and over. Turns out nobody on the team can set a pick .... and roll. It was all bull Barnes and Walker ISO chucking.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#84 » by matchman » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:13 pm

nedleeds wrote:Yeah Plumlee is pretty bad. Lopez I thought would be useful, he can guard Jokic but also be a floor spacer is the US ran pick and roll over and over. Turns out nobody on the team can set a pick .... and roll. It was all bull Barnes and Walker ISO chucking.

And Mitchell, but he also folds during the crunch time. :D
FKF
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#85 » by FKF » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:18 pm

matchman wrote:

I think I'll cry. :oops:
New-York Knicks fan since 1998, based in Paris, FR.
matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#86 » by matchman » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:24 pm

FKF wrote:
matchman wrote:

I think I'll cry. :oops:

I start to feel sad that I was only within 100km away to see this game in live.
El Poochio

Post#87 » by El Poochio » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:40 pm

Cold Nandos finishing what Turkey started

El Poochio

Post#88 » by El Poochio » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:43 pm

France v Aussie was by far the game of the tourny so far anyway well deserved rematch

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#89 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:57 pm

Frank!
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
21 Hussle
Sixth Man
And1: 1,628

Post#90 » by 21 Hussle » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:11 pm

France team is a pretty good team. Obviously pulling for them. Looks like Don’t Google is gonna have a good year for the Magic. De Colo looks like he should be in the NBA.
:meditate: Patience :meditate:
El Poochio

Post#91 » by El Poochio » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:28 pm

21 Hussle wrote:France team is a pretty good team. Obviously pulling for them. Looks like Don’t Google is gonna have a good year for the Magic. De Colo looks like he should be in the NBA.

Frank - De Colo - Fournier - Batum - Gobert lineup is pretty good they should use it more

BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,396

Post#92 » by BadNewsBarnes » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:26 pm

National embarrassment...shouldn't be a thing.

And I agree, after Frank's performance, watch him get a few DNPCD on Fiz's bench.
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 47,850

Post#93 » by robillionaire » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:28 pm

21 Hussle wrote:France team is a pretty good team. Obviously pulling for them. Looks like Don’t Google is gonna have a good year for the Magic. De Colo looks like he should be in the NBA.

De Colo was in the nba from 2012-2014. He's been great in this tourney. Looks better than most knicks players of the past 10 years at least
21 Hussle
Sixth Man
And1: 1,628

Post#94 » by 21 Hussle » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:55 pm

robillionaire wrote:

De Colo was in the nba from 2012-2014. He's been great in this tourney. Looks better than most knicks players of the past 10 years at least

I know I’m saying he should be back in the NBA. He would be a good fit in Utah if they didn’t bring in Mudiay.
:meditate: Patience :meditate:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#95 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:06 pm

robillionaire wrote:

Who’d he not play for?
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,653

Post#96 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:06 pm

The U.S. team was missing that high level intelligence guard who could push them through a game like this... Kyle Lowry would have been perfect. Smart just isn't good enough offensively to be that guy. Kemba and Mitchell are good passers but at the end of the day they're both score-first guys at heart who can be a little inconsistent. When the talent gap isn't overhwelming for the US, which it wasn't this tournament, you need intelligent decision makers to help alleviate that. U.S. just didn't have enough of those guys and ran into a team that was talented enough to hang around and had more chemistry and more conviction with how they wanted to play.

Hopefully this is a wake up call to a lot of the guys who skipped that the international game has risen to a point where these games should be taken seriously by everyone. Like I know it's been talked about ad nauseum in the media but where the hell is Devin Booker? He could have made a big difference today. Same with Fox, Bagley, and our own Randle, etc. No reason for those level of guys to be skipping this.

Frank with a cool performance. Happy for him and hope he can figure it out some this year. Would only help the Knicks if he could.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,653

Post#97 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:07 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

Who’d he not play for?

Spurs and Raptors i believe
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,745

Post#98 » by Adelheid » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:45 pm

Frank will get his reward -- he gets 0 mins pt because Fiz gonna Fiz
El Poochio

Post#99 » by El Poochio » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:31 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:The U.S. team was missing that high level intelligence guard who could push them through a game like this... Kyle Lowry would have been perfect. Smart just isn't good enough offensively to be that guy. Kemba and Mitchell are good passers but at the end of the day they're both score-first guys at heart who can be a little inconsistent. When the talent gap isn't overhwelming for the US, which it wasn't this tournament, you need intelligent decision makers to help alleviate that. U.S. just didn't have enough of those guys and ran into a team that was talented enough to hang around and had more chemistry and more conviction with how they wanted to play.

Hopefully this is a wake up call to a lot of the guys who skipped that the international game has risen to a point where these games should be taken seriously by everyone. Like I know it's been talked about ad nauseum in the media but where the hell is Devin Booker? He could have made a big difference today. Same with Fox, Bagley, and our own Randle, etc. No reason for those level of guys to be skipping this.

Frank with a cool performance. Happy for him and hope he can figure it out some this year. Would only help the Knicks if he could.

Devin Booker has a losers mentality, dude was crying about double teams in a pickup game while USA were battling it out in China

movingon
Sixth Man
And1: 327

Post#100 » by movingon » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:50 pm

21 Hussle wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

I know I’m saying he should be back in the NBA. He would be a good fit in Utah if they didn’t bring in Mudiay.

I think the NBA left a bad taste in his mouth. He's 32 and having a great career in Europe. I doubt he wants to come back.
He's an incredible triple threat on the offensive end. I believe he's a sub-par defender though (like Fournier).
France does a good job of having either him or Evan on the floor at all times to keep the offense dynamic, but then surrounding them with good defenders.

Return to New York Knicks