ImageImageImageImageImage

Derrick Rose authors a book with a chapter on the Knicks

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, King of Canada, mrpoetryNmotion, mpharris36, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, GONYK, K-DOT, NoLayupRule, Capn'O, Thugger HBC

Thugger HBC
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 48,666
And1: 17,442
Joined: Jan 14, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
       

Re: Derrick Rose authors a book with a chapter on the Knicks 

Post#21 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Sep 8, 2019 7:19 pm

The team itself was awful. Bad fits all around, and Phil being hell bent on the triangle.

Glad that mess is over.
If winning matters, the role shouldn't.....the results should.

The ...02% of the fanbse be like...http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1542565&start=140#start_here
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 24,805
And1: 9,550
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: New York City the best city in the world
     

Re: Derrick Rose authors a book with a chapter on the Knicks 

Post#22 » by MaseInYourFace » Sun Sep 8, 2019 7:20 pm

Lol nothing we haven’t already beaten way past to death
A new era or error?
VECTORMAN
Ballboy
Posts: 38
And1: 57
Joined: Sep 01, 2019

Re: Derrick Rose authors a book with a chapter on the Knicks 

Post#23 » by VECTORMAN » Sun Sep 8, 2019 7:21 pm

god shammgod wrote:our biggest problem was the team was terrible. if melo passed more how many more wins do you think we would have got with that terrible roster ? maybe 5

it's 3 years ago and most of the roster is out of the league or doesn't play really. what does that tell you ?


I don't necessarily disagree with you. It was nothing close to a championship roster. I just think it would have been a better team without Melo at that stage in his career. I think if Melo was a more willing team player and defender, the record would have been somewhat significantly better for sure, because everything revolved around him. I think he was the hardest star player to build around in the entire league, and that Phil's biggest mistake by far was the no-trade-clause.

That's just how I feel, and when you hear certain quotes from Melo's past coaches, and now Chauncey and Rose, it continues to confirm what I've always thought while watching the guy play- which is that Melo sabotaged his own tenure with the Knicks by being a selfish player when he should have been more of a leader at his salary and with all of the expectations and respect he demanded. Don't care how cool of a guy he was off the court.

Anyway, I'm tired of talking about the same thing with the same people. Can Brooklyn just sign him already so he can officially be dead to this fan base?
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 35,152
And1: 23,356
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Derrick Rose authors a book with a chapter on the Knicks 

Post#24 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Sep 8, 2019 7:37 pm

Will not read until Rose re-titles his memoir:

Riding The Train
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 35,152
And1: 23,356
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Derrick Rose authors a book with a chapter on the Knicks 

Post#25 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Sep 8, 2019 7:47 pm

Fug man, just tried to read through that excerpt from the book

and two-thirds of the way though I was

Image

and had to stop

To hell with waterboarding! If I ever need to kidnap and torture a terrorist I'll chain them up and play the audio book of Rose narrating his biography over a set of headphones.

That was brutal
User avatar
BKlutch
General Manager
Posts: 9,888
And1: 6,080
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Derrick Rose authors a book with a chapter on the Knicks 

Post#26 » by BKlutch » Sun Sep 8, 2019 8:05 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:Will not read until Rose re-titles his memoir:

Riding The Train

I'm not sure that's the most fitting title. Perhaps it should be, "Running the Train"
.
.
----------------------
Knickzzz got Killa Kidz
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 35,152
And1: 23,356
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Derrick Rose authors a book with a chapter on the Knicks 

Post#27 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Sep 8, 2019 8:19 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:Will not read until Rose re-titles his memoir:

Riding The Train

I'm not sure that's the most fitting title. Perhaps it should be, "Running the Train"


True

or shorten it to

Dat Train
User avatar
god shammgod
Knicks Forum Crazy Board Uncle
Posts: 95,792
And1: 54,909
Joined: Feb 18, 2006
Location: Never Too Early to Tank

Re: Derrick Rose authors a book with a chapter on the Knicks 

Post#28 » by god shammgod » Sun Sep 8, 2019 8:56 pm

VECTORMAN wrote:
god shammgod wrote:our biggest problem was the team was terrible. if melo passed more how many more wins do you think we would have got with that terrible roster ? maybe 5

it's 3 years ago and most of the roster is out of the league or doesn't play really. what does that tell you ?


I don't necessarily disagree with you. It was nothing close to a championship roster. I just think it would have been a better team without Melo at that stage in his career. I think if Melo was a more willing team player and defender, the record would have been somewhat significantly better for sure, because everything revolved around him. I think he was the hardest star player to build around in the entire league, and that Phil's biggest mistake by far was the no-trade-clause.

That's just how I feel, and when you hear certain quotes from Melo's past coaches, and now Chauncey and Rose, it continues to confirm what I've always thought while watching the guy play- which is that Melo sabotaged his own tenure with the Knicks by being a selfish player when he should have been more of a leader at his salary and with all of the expectations and respect he demanded. Don't care how cool of a guy he was off the court.

Anyway, I'm tired of talking about the same thing with the same people. Can Brooklyn just sign him already so he can officially be dead to this fan base?


but you signed up a week ago

Image
Image
User avatar
god shammgod
Knicks Forum Crazy Board Uncle
Posts: 95,792
And1: 54,909
Joined: Feb 18, 2006
Location: Never Too Early to Tank

Re: Derrick Rose authors a book with a chapter on the Knicks 

Post#29 » by god shammgod » Sun Sep 8, 2019 9:00 pm

Image
Image
HerSports85
General Manager
Posts: 8,165
And1: 6,331
Joined: Dec 22, 2011
 

Re: Derrick Rose authors a book with a chapter on the Knicks 

Post#30 » by HerSports85 » Sun Sep 8, 2019 9:15 pm

Da_Mane_Man wrote:Two big takeaways from that:

1. Everyone knew Melo was a selfish player and wasn't gonna change. Phil was right to trade him, and probably should've done it sooner. Can't build a team around a guy like that.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY:

2. STEVE MILLS IS AN IDIOT AND HE'S STILL HERE AND HE'S EVEN MORE POWERFUL!
Steve Mills is talking all this black dude stuff with me, like we’re brothers and all this. He’s saying that s–t, making me think it’s going to make us closer. Come on, be yourself.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Honestly guys, we're f**ked. We're not going anywhere as long as Mills is here.


And exactly WTF is wrong with Mills quote on quote talking “black dude stuff”?

Ugh NVM let me just get out this thread
User avatar
Phish Tank
RealGM
Posts: 16,325
And1: 8,958
Joined: Nov 09, 2004
Location: Your Timepiece
   

Re: Derrick Rose authors a book with a chapter on the Knicks 

Post#31 » by Phish Tank » Sun Sep 8, 2019 9:18 pm

VECTORMAN wrote:
god shammgod wrote:our biggest problem was the team was terrible. if melo passed more how many more wins do you think we would have got with that terrible roster ? maybe 5

it's 3 years ago and most of the roster is out of the league or doesn't play really. what does that tell you ?


I don't necessarily disagree with you. It was nothing close to a championship roster. I just think it would have been a better team without Melo at that stage in his career. I think if Melo was a more willing team player and defender, the record would have been somewhat significantly better for sure, because everything revolved around him. I think he was the hardest star player to build around in the entire league, and that Phil's biggest mistake by far was the no-trade-clause.

That's just how I feel, and when you hear certain quotes from Melo's past coaches, and now Chauncey and Rose, it continues to confirm what I've always thought while watching the guy play- which is that Melo sabotaged his own tenure with the Knicks by being a selfish player when he should have been more of a leader at his salary and with all of the expectations and respect he demanded. Don't care how cool of a guy he was off the court.

Anyway, I'm tired of talking about the same thing with the same people. Can Brooklyn just sign him already so he can officially be dead to this fan base?


Which PBP are you? Might as well admit it....
Image

BAF- Houston Rockets:
PG: Fox/Jerome Rob/Okobo
SG: Huerter/Romeo
SF: Hunter/Sekou/Melo
PF: Gay/Skal/PJ
C: Jaxson Hayes/Willy

Inactive: Waiters, Swanigan, Louis King, Smailagic
User avatar
Capn'O
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 51,788
And1: 39,171
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Location: “That don’t always the truth”
 

Re: Derrick Rose authors a book with a chapter on the Knicks 

Post#32 » by Capn'O » Sun Sep 8, 2019 9:38 pm

god shammgod wrote:if melo passed more how many more wins do you think we would have got with that terrible roster?


Still too many.
BAF Clippers
PG: SGA/Payton/Napier
SG: G. Harris/THT/Korkmaz
SF: Little/KCP/Dekker
PF: Isaac/M. Leonard/Vanderbilt/
C: Nurkic/M. Gasol/Holmes

RIP Mags :beer:
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 35,152
And1: 23,356
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Derrick Rose authors a book with a chapter on the Knicks 

Post#33 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Sep 8, 2019 9:48 pm

god shammgod wrote:Image


Image
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 35,152
And1: 23,356
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Derrick Rose authors a book with a chapter on the Knicks 

Post#34 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Sep 8, 2019 9:53 pm

I'm guessing it is Bill Pidto trying out a more congenial approach this time instead of signing up again and flaming the whole board on their first post like they usually do.
User avatar
Chanel Bomber
Veteran
Posts: 2,503
And1: 3,451
Joined: Sep 20, 2018
 

Re: Derrick Rose authors a book with a chapter on the Knicks 

Post#35 » by Chanel Bomber » Sun Sep 8, 2019 10:35 pm

Rose-Melo-Phil was the Bermuda triangle of delusion.

I think I blocked that season from my memory. It’s as if it never happened. Let’s just say I’m glad D-Rose didn’t stick around.
User avatar
Kampuchea
Head Coach
Posts: 6,445
And1: 2,797
Joined: Oct 20, 2010
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
       

Re: Derrick Rose authors a book with a chapter on the Knicks 

Post#36 » by Kampuchea » Sun Sep 8, 2019 10:52 pm

Did he talk about how he objectifies women and has orgies with his friends? Or did he portray himself as the victim again?

"We men" don't care what this scum has to say.

Phil was frequently a jackass? That's some groundbreaking information, thanks!
B8RcDeMktfxC
Starter
Posts: 2,214
And1: 1,047
Joined: Nov 23, 2018
Location: C'MON, COME GET THE FUKKIN BALL

Re: Derrick Rose authors a book with a chapter on the Knicks 

Post#37 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Sun Sep 8, 2019 11:08 pm

Da_Mane_Man wrote:Two big takeaways from that:

1. Everyone knew Melo was a selfish player and wasn't gonna change. Phil was right to trade him, and probably should've done it sooner. Can't build a team around a guy like that.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY:

2. STEVE MILLS IS AN IDIOT AND HE'S STILL HERE AND HE'S EVEN MORE POWERFUL!
Steve Mills is talking all this black dude stuff with me, like we’re brothers and all this. He’s saying that s–t, making me think it’s going to make us closer. Come on, be yourself.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Honestly guys, we're f**ked. We're not going anywhere as long as Mills is here.

So many good posts itt so far, but I just wanted to do more than +1 this one. Great poasting, man.
B8RcDeMktfxC
Starter
Posts: 2,214
And1: 1,047
Joined: Nov 23, 2018
Location: C'MON, COME GET THE FUKKIN BALL

Re: Derrick Rose authors a book with a chapter on the Knicks 

Post#38 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Sun Sep 8, 2019 11:11 pm

Capn'O wrote:So, you think the part where he says the team should have extended and traded him is just fine? Or where he could have stayed on as a mentor?

I'm sorry, his entire self evaluation in that passage is absolutely delusional.

This one too. Many of the things Rose said arrow straight to the heart of many of the problems. But he's absolutely delusional about his own role. [Albeit, that may be necessary for him mentally, at this point, in order to keep being able to play in the league.]
B8RcDeMktfxC
Starter
Posts: 2,214
And1: 1,047
Joined: Nov 23, 2018
Location: C'MON, COME GET THE FUKKIN BALL

Re: Derrick Rose authors a book with a chapter on the Knicks 

Post#39 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Sun Sep 8, 2019 11:15 pm

The wierd thing in the Rose quote from the OP is that there is absolutely no mention or reference to KP.

Which, again, shows complete lack of self-awareness. (We all saw the look aways.)

Even though he mentions Frank by name.

Weird dude. Amongst many other who are in the FO and/or have graced the bench.
User avatar
ITGM
RealGM
Posts: 18,330
And1: 6,065
Joined: Jan 16, 2008

Re: Derrick Rose authors a book with a chapter on the Knicks 

Post#40 » by ITGM » Sun Sep 8, 2019 11:17 pm

Steve Mills is talking all this black dude stuff with me, like we’re brothers and all this. He’s saying that s–t, making me think it’s going to make us closer. Come on, be yourself.


Image

Return to New York Knicks