ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Crypto, Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate, Investments, IRAs & Finances, etc.

Moderators: Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, K-DOT, mrpoetryNmotion, GONYK, j4remi, Jeff Van Gully, King of Canada, Thugger HBC, mpharris36, NoLayupRule

User avatar
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
Posts: 33,303
And1: 9,324
Joined: Dec 01, 2008
     

Re: OT: Crypto, Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate, Investments, IRAs & Finances, etc. 

Post#661 » by br7knicks » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:11 am

Stannis wrote:Pretty big dump


yup. i just missed that huge spike in ETH.


you know anything about TQQQ and other leveraged ETFs? I know you're not really an ETF guy, but my buddy told me about this. my dad has always been preaching to me to take on riskier/growth stocks, at this age, because i have time to recover.
RIP, magnumt '19
BAF Streams: https://www.twitch.tv/br7knicks

PG: Nunn/Jackson/MCW
SG: Ross/Lamb/Valentine
SF: Butler//K Morris
PF: Hayward/C Morris/Chriss
C: Horford/WCS/Bradley
User avatar
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 44,473
And1: 30,081
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: OT: Crypto, Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate, Investments, IRAs & Finances, etc. 

Post#662 » by dakomish23 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:51 pm

With Rivian shooting to the moon, these are the EV related companies I’ve been invested in:

ABB ALB NVDA STM ADI AMD (I’m sure there’s more on the fringes)

Here’s two I’m getting into today:

CHPT
LCID
:lol: :lol: :lol:

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128
User avatar
Stannis
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 13,546
And1: 6,297
Joined: Dec 05, 2011
Location: United States of Space
       

Re: OT: Crypto, Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate, Investments, IRAs & Finances, etc. 

Post#663 » by Stannis » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:14 am

Wish I took Garbagelo's SandBox recommendation. It's up ALOT since he called it.

That's what I get for only buying from major Crypto Exchanges lol.
I believe he wasn't educated on the situation. Many people could have been harmed not only financially, physically, emotionally, spiritually. We do have freedom of speech, but there can be a lot of negative that comes with that

- LBJ on Morey + Hong Kong
User avatar
ZKnicks
Junior
Posts: 344
And1: 273
Joined: Oct 09, 2014
     

Re: OT: Crypto, Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate, Investments, IRAs & Finances, etc. 

Post#664 » by ZKnicks » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:05 am

Stannis wrote:Wish I took Garbagelo's SandBox recommendation. It's up ALOT since he called it.

That's what I get for only buying from major Crypto Exchanges lol.


Crazy. I picked up SAND and MANA back in April, took a while but paid off nicely.
It’s blown up a lot recently but look into WILD. I think Wilder World is going to be MASSIVE when it comes to gaming/metaverse. Check this article out:
https://hackernoon.com/what-metaverse-is-and-what-it-could-be-going-from-zero-and-wilder-world

Also, been talking about Verasity (VRA) since it was .00075 (currently .057 a 75X return) and I still believe it has a long way to go. It will be a huge part of the future of gaming, NFTs and traditional advertising with its Proof Of View patented technology. Check it out if you haven’t already.
User avatar
Garbagelo
Starter
Posts: 2,457
And1: 2,671
Joined: Jul 17, 2015

Re: OT: Crypto, Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate, Investments, IRAs & Finances, etc. 

Post#665 » by Garbagelo » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:29 pm

ZKnicks wrote:
Stannis wrote:Wish I took Garbagelo's SandBox recommendation. It's up ALOT since he called it.

That's what I get for only buying from major Crypto Exchanges lol.


Crazy. I picked up SAND and MANA back in April, took a while but paid off nicely.
It’s blown up a lot recently but look into WILD. I think Wilder World is going to be MASSIVE when it comes to gaming/metaverse. Check this article out:
https://hackernoon.com/what-metaverse-is-and-what-it-could-be-going-from-zero-and-wilder-world

Also, been talking about Verasity (VRA) since it was .00075 (currently .057 a 75X return) and I still believe it has a long way to go. It will be a huge part of the future of gaming, NFTs and traditional advertising with its Proof Of View patented technology. Check it out if you haven’t already.


I don't think Sandbox has scratched the surface of how ginormous it is going to be

This is a super long term play, I think this might be more bullish than Ethereum itself and has shown to go up even when everything else crashes

It will take out Axie, and probably be a top 20 crypto when it's all said and done this bull run then probably top 10 by next cycle

Obviously right now it has run white hot, might be a buy back down at like 3-4 dollars
User avatar
Garbagelo
Starter
Posts: 2,457
And1: 2,671
Joined: Jul 17, 2015

Re: OT: Crypto, Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate, Investments, IRAs & Finances, etc. 

Post#666 » by Garbagelo » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:42 pm

Other gaming projects that I like are CRA, DG and CGG

They have legit products and will build out metaverses and they have good teams

I don't think gaming narrative is a just a passing fad but is legitimately a shift in investing strategy, they earn money and they grow fast, probably the fastest path towards adoption of crypto

If Roblox is worth 67 billion, no reason these projects can't be worth 1 billion
User avatar
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
Posts: 33,303
And1: 9,324
Joined: Dec 01, 2008
     

Re: OT: Crypto, Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate, Investments, IRAs & Finances, etc. 

Post#667 » by br7knicks » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:03 pm

After recovering from my near complete meltdown this morning, I went and bought 100 more of qyld, ryld, qrmi.

Looked into those other cryptos, but would require me to transfer my ETH from coinbase, to coinbase wallet and transfer. That gets expensive.
RIP, magnumt '19
BAF Streams: https://www.twitch.tv/br7knicks

PG: Nunn/Jackson/MCW
SG: Ross/Lamb/Valentine
SF: Butler//K Morris
PF: Hayward/C Morris/Chriss
C: Horford/WCS/Bradley
User avatar
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
Posts: 33,303
And1: 9,324
Joined: Dec 01, 2008
     

Re: OT: Crypto, Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate, Investments, IRAs & Finances, etc. 

Post#668 » by br7knicks » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:09 pm

I lied. Coinbase wallet doesn't even hold it. Can't find it on public
RIP, magnumt '19
BAF Streams: https://www.twitch.tv/br7knicks

PG: Nunn/Jackson/MCW
SG: Ross/Lamb/Valentine
SF: Butler//K Morris
PF: Hayward/C Morris/Chriss
C: Horford/WCS/Bradley
User avatar
F N 11
RealGM
Posts: 67,597
And1: 38,526
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Getting over screens with Gusto.
Contact:
 

Re: OT: Crypto, Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate, Investments, IRAs & Finances, etc. 

Post#669 » by F N 11 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:37 pm

Today was brutal. I’m not selling *hit.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Image
Leon Hosed
User avatar
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
Posts: 33,303
And1: 9,324
Joined: Dec 01, 2008
     

Re: OT: Crypto, Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate, Investments, IRAs & Finances, etc. 

Post#670 » by br7knicks » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:10 pm

F N 11 wrote:Today was brutal. I’m not selling *hit.


i actually bought more of a lot. getting my DCA of QYLD and RYLD down.


just needed a few minutes to recover from this opening up my accounts.
RIP, magnumt '19
BAF Streams: https://www.twitch.tv/br7knicks

PG: Nunn/Jackson/MCW
SG: Ross/Lamb/Valentine
SF: Butler//K Morris
PF: Hayward/C Morris/Chriss
C: Horford/WCS/Bradley
User avatar
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
Posts: 61,756
And1: 18,345
Joined: Mar 12, 2008
Contact:
   

Re: OT: Crypto, Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate, Investments, IRAs & Finances, etc. 

Post#671 » by Rasho Brezec » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:29 am

F N 11 wrote:Today was brutal. I’m not selling *hit.

Black Friday discounts!
Image
User avatar
Stannis
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 13,546
And1: 6,297
Joined: Dec 05, 2011
Location: United States of Space
       

Re: OT: Crypto, Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate, Investments, IRAs & Finances, etc. 

Post#672 » by Stannis » Sat Dec 4, 2021 5:32 am

Why this big drop?
I believe he wasn't educated on the situation. Many people could have been harmed not only financially, physically, emotionally, spiritually. We do have freedom of speech, but there can be a lot of negative that comes with that

- LBJ on Morey + Hong Kong
User avatar
Garbagelo
Starter
Posts: 2,457
And1: 2,671
Joined: Jul 17, 2015

Re: OT: Crypto, Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate, Investments, IRAs & Finances, etc. 

Post#673 » by Garbagelo » Yesterday 10:27 pm

Stannis wrote:Why this big drop?


I want to tell you everything is going to be ok but I would be lying lol.

Think we have started at least a several month correction for BTC which may drag other coins down, dating back to mid-November.

If alts start running here with BTC not doing much, this may be the last hurrah.... the plan is to sell everything when it goes up like crazy soon. If everything goes down together slowly, there is a much better chance that the market will probably make a full recovery.

I am honestly more worried about the legacy markets, seems like whenever a ton of CEOs start quitting or selling in unison there is going to be a crash coming which will drag the world economy down with it including of course crypto.
User avatar
NYKinMIA
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,143
And1: 2,401
Joined: Jul 26, 2012
Location: - Snootchie Farms
 

Re: OT: Crypto, Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate, Investments, IRAs & Finances, etc. 

Post#674 » by NYKinMIA » Yesterday 10:36 pm

Garbagelo wrote:
Stannis wrote:Why this big drop?


I want to tell you everything is going to be ok but I would be lying lol.

Think we have started at least a several month correction for BTC which may drag other coins down, dating back to mid-November.

If alts start running here with BTC not doing much, this may be the last hurrah.... the plan is to sell everything when it goes up like crazy soon. If everything goes down together slowly, there is a much better chance that the market will probably make a full recovery.

I am honestly more worried about the legacy markets, seems like whenever a ton of CEOs start quitting or selling in unison there is going to be a crash coming which will drag the world economy down with it including of course crypto.

Appreciate the analysis homie.

Wait and see for now huh? Altcoins pump, time to dump (shrug)

Return to New York Knicks