ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Crypto, Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate, Investments, IRAs & Finances, etc.

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,441

Re: OT: Crypto, Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate, Investments, IRAs & Finances, etc. 

Post#1021 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun May 15, 2022 12:16 am

Stannis wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:God speed to you cats here. I don't know how you have the stomachs for this.

It's really not that bad if you diversify. While I stupidly did not sell any of my Crypto when Bitcoin hit 60k, I also did not buy any.

tbh, I'm still surprised it's around 30k. But I honestly think the Crypto market is viewing this Luna crash as a good thing. And this can actually be bullish if you are invested properly. Just like the stock market, when $hit/ponzi companies die, people invest in other (better) companies. I think this will happen with the Crypto market will people will buy more Bitcoin and Ethereum. In order for my thesis to play out though, that means **** like Doge and Shiba will have to die. The market is flooded with nonsense.

Anyways, this is quite healthy if you have a long-term horizon. Just like the stock market bubbles where stocks like Pets.com/WorldCom die so legit companies can grow bigger, **** will have to die to make more room for the legit coins/projects. I think this will be a lesson to eye better projects, do better due-diligence, and diversify.

We are actually seeing this in the stock market right now (e.g. Carvana and Teladoc for example). Companies are on the verge of bankruptcy.

Unfortunately, I think 9 people who invested too much in Luna committed suicide. And I'm sure tens of thousands ruined their lives. You hate to see that kind of grimness. However, this is also why you diversify.

Glad to hear that you haven’t been beaten too bad.
Free Palestine
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Post#1022 » by robillionaire » Sun May 15, 2022 2:46 am

Stannis wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=aAMcLcst24_yzJsfBDvdeA

And then after 1 cent it fell another 99% to 0.001 and then after that another 87% to 0.0001292
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,151

Post#1023 » by Garbagelo » Sun May 15, 2022 3:09 am

robillionaire wrote:
Stannis wrote:
Read on Twitter

And then after 1 cent it fell another 99% to 0.001 and then after that another 87% to 0.0001292

Then it went up like 300x
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1024 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun May 15, 2022 4:17 am

Garbagelo wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Stannis wrote:
Read on Twitter

But that’s very unstable by any metric.
Free Palestine
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Post#1025 » by robillionaire » Sun May 15, 2022 4:47 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Garbagelo wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

Well something is down 99.9999% and goes up 300% it’s still really really bad like if you started with $1,000,000 you’d have $4 back up from $1 bad
Garbagelo
Veteran

Post#1026 » by Garbagelo » Sun May 15, 2022 6:24 am

robillionaire wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Garbagelo wrote:

Well something is down 99.9999% and goes up 300% it’s still really really bad like if you started with $1,000,000 you’d have $4 back up from $1 bad

My mistake it was 140000% sir
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,788

Post#1027 » by Stannis » Sun May 15, 2022 2:29 pm

Garbagelo wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:But that’s very unstable by any metric.

My mistake it was 140000% sir

And back down to the 0.0002s
Free Palestine
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#1028 » by Dantares » Mon May 16, 2022 2:52 pm

Jerome Powell is summoning his inner Volcker and he will keep raising rates until inflation comes down. I will be interested in buying stocks again when we hit 3500-3600 on the S&P.

.38 fib retrace and bounce is usually a continuation of a trend.
So to do the math 4818(all time high) - 2192(2020 low) = 2626.

Now 2626 x .38 = 998

Now 4818 - 998 = 3820

If we close below 3820 on the S&P or break down hard from that level then this is a bear market. If we bounce from the level I will be ready to pivot. Just to be clear I am leaning toward bear market so I don't expect to reverse and turn bullish.
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,970

Post#1029 » by NYKinMIA » Tue May 17, 2022 3:51 pm

I hope nobody here got too deep with the LUNA stuff. Algorithmic "stable" coins are anything but apparently.
Some real sad stories of folks staking with NEAR and losing everything. 20% APY clearly unsustainable.

The whole Powell Volcker shyt got me shook.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1030 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri May 20, 2022 10:18 pm

A decision was recently handed down by the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals (Texas and Louisiana) finding that the SEC inherently lacks the power to protect investors from fraud. The impact of the decision cannot be overstated enough. It held that defendants have a right to a trial by jury. This means that it's a free for all out there. This is disastrous and the last time I used that word to describe a legal opinion was the Supreme Court's decision in Citizen's United, a truly disastrous opinion indeed.

Here's just a little flavor of what this portends:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2022/05/5th-circuit-sec-securities-fraud-civil-service.html

On Wednesday, a panel of the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals issued a shocking opinion in Jarkesy v. Securities and Exchange Commission, which held that key powers and structures of the Securities and Exchange Commission are unconstitutional. The 5th Circuit has become something of a think tank in the conservative legal movement’s effort to limit the federal government’s regulatory power. Wednesday’s ruling is no exception. If the Supreme Court adopted it in full, the decision would significantly decrease Congress’ authority to regulate the economy and combat private corruption, magnify the powers of the courts to thwart administrative agencies, and potentially increase political control over agency adjudicators and the civil service.

Free Palestine
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,970

Post#1031 » by NYKinMIA » Sat May 21, 2022 4:23 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:A decision was recently handed down by the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals (Texas and Louisiana) finding that the SEC inherently lacks the power to protect investors from fraud. The impact of the decision cannot be overstated enough. It held that defendants have a right to a trial by jury. This means that it's a free for all out there. This is disastrous and the last time I used that word to describe a legal opinion was the Supreme Court's decision in Citizen's United, a truly disastrous opinion indeed.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2022/05/5th-circuit-sec-securities-fraud-civil-service.html

On Wednesday, a panel of the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals issued a shocking opinion in Jarkesy v. Securities and Exchange Commission, which held that key powers and structures of the Securities and Exchange Commission are unconstitutional. The 5th Circuit has become something of a think tank in the conservative legal movement’s effort to limit the federal government’s regulatory power. Wednesday’s ruling is no exception. If the Supreme Court adopted it in full, the decision would significantly decrease Congress’ authority to regulate the economy and combat private corruption, magnify the powers of the courts to thwart administrative agencies, and potentially increase political control over agency adjudicators and the civil service.

Kindly explain it to me like I'm 5 8-)

The SEC is cronyism at it's most despicable. Go see where former commissioners work when they leave.
All they protect are central banks interests. Despicable muthafuqas.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1032 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat May 21, 2022 6:19 pm

NYKinMIA wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:A decision was recently handed down by the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals (Texas and Louisiana) finding that the SEC inherently lacks the power to protect investors from fraud. The impact of the decision cannot be overstated enough. It held that defendants have a right to a trial by jury. This means that it's a free for all out there. This is disastrous and the last time I used that word to describe a legal opinion was the Supreme Court's decision in Citizen's United, a truly disastrous opinion indeed.

Kindly explain it to me like I'm 5 8-)

The SEC is cronyism at it's most despicable. Go see where former commissioners work when they leave.

All they protect are central banks interests. Despicable muthafuqas.

Yes, the SEC has structural problems because they can’t keep anyone. The Big Banks snatch up all its talent after they’ve put in a 3-5 years. That’s the bigger problem as I see it.

As for the court decision, it basically does away with the agency’s ability to protect investors against fraud administratively. In other words, if the SEC believes your company committed fraud in an SEC filing or stock offering designed to induce investment in the company, then the agency cannot simply hold an administrative hearing where a 3-member panel decides the case. Now, the SEC must file a complaint in federal court which entitles the defendant company to a full blown jury trial.

EDIT: So, instead of experts in the financial field deciding complex fraud cases, a jury of 8 or 12 people completely ignorant of investment finance will decide the case. It's much easier for the defendant to defend the case and much more expensive for the government to pursue a lawsuit versus an administrative hearing. It's all part of the Republican's plan to de-regulate everything.
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#1033 » by Stannis » Sun May 22, 2022 6:08 pm

Looks like the Crypto market is just sitting waiting for the next bad news, which makes me want to sell it all and risk waiting for Bitcoin @ 15k 10k and maybe even 5k.

Twitter is filled with what will be the next alt coin to fall to zero and everyone is debating if it will be ADA, SOL, DOT, AVAX, etc.

Doesn't seem like an ideal market lol
Free Palestine
Garbagelo
Veteran

Post#1034 » by Garbagelo » Wed May 25, 2022 8:45 pm

Read on Twitter

Not a fan of this

Might be sayonara to crypto wild west
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,181

Post#1035 » by aq_ua » Thu May 26, 2022 2:02 am

Garbagelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not a fan of this

Might be sayonara to crypto wild west

If that’s Davos, that is the jankiest presentation with the weakest looking group of executives possible in attendance. Why would the WEF be so west-centric?
ADeP7
Starter
And1: 2,449

Post#1036 » by ADeP7 » Thu May 26, 2022 3:03 am

Blec is absolute trash
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Post#1037 » by j4remi » Thu May 26, 2022 2:24 pm

Can the Eth merge in August cause a turnaround? ETH and ALG are the two I'm debating grabbing more out of. Eth has the merge and Algorand is an official sponsor for the coming World Cup.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,918

Post#1038 » by stuporman » Sun May 29, 2022 9:30 pm

All it will take is for some 'news' for people to rush back into the crypto market and there will be an inevitable bounce. It's just a matter how patient the trader will be in sitting in a floating loss position if need be until that bounce comes.

If they get scared and bail out in a loss position whenever that bounce comes, whether it be in two weeks or two months down the road they will be one of the masses rushing back in after much of the rise has already occurred.

I'm currently under water in my present positions but still am 'up' on the account in what I started with so I'm content to hold on until it bounces. Although, the past month has been rather kind to me in the forex account because I added about 10% in that time.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Stannis
RealGM

Post#1039 » by Stannis » Wed Jun 1, 2022 7:27 pm

stuporman wrote:All it will take is for some 'news' for people to rush back into the crypto market and there will be an inevitable bounce. It's just a matter how how patient the trader will be in sitting in a floating loss position if need be until that bounce comes.

If they get scared and bail out in a loss position whenever that bounce comes, whether it be in two weeks or two months down the road they will be one of the masses rushing back in after much of the rise has already occurred.

I'm currently under water in my present positions but still am 'up' on the account in what I started with so I'm content to hold on until it bounces. Although, the past month has been rather kind to me in the forex account because I added about 10% in that time.

I sold all my Crypto on Sunday.

I just think this tanks with the general markets. Rising interest rates environment. War. Joe Biden. Companies are starting to report layoffs. Inflation and supply chain issues are still rampant.

Bear rally has some sprinkles of "the worst is over" sentiment.
Free Palestine
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,918

Post#1040 » by stuporman » Fri Jun 3, 2022 2:59 pm

Stannis wrote:
stuporman wrote:All it will take is for some 'news' for people to rush back into the crypto market and there will be an inevitable bounce. It's just a matter how how patient the trader will be in sitting in a floating loss position if need be until that bounce comes.

I sold all my Crypto on Sunday.

I just think this tanks with the general markets. Rising interest rates environment. War. Joe Biden. Companies are starting to report layoffs. Inflation and supply chain issues are still rampant.

Bear rally has some sprinkles of "the worst is over" sentiment.

I've only been following crypto markets pretty closely for about 6 months after kinda keeping it my peripheral for a couple years. It's only the past year that I've seen some semblance of technical cohesiveness for me to be able to use technical analysis for some signals but it still is pretty chaotic in many regards.

There's definitely some concerns for the US economy that haven't just come about from this administration and have been building for many years, even decades with some of them. Republicans are more responsible than democrats for national debt and responsible for more infrastructure and production issues but it's not just as simple as that either.

Politicians in both parties have allowed corporations to run our country, write the laws and regulations to benefit them at the expense of citizens and the courts have ruled in the favor of business over citizens, communities and the environment. Both parties are guilty of it but the gop doesn't even pretend to care about the people...unless you aren't even born yet. There's no hint of this corporate rule changing as the politicians are content to hype up culture war propaganda.

Again, I'm still learning the crypto markets but it seems to me that it doesn't take much 'news' to influence big swings either way. It won't take much for the buyers to come rushing back in but I couldn't even venture a guess as to what type of fundamental analysis would create that surge. Crypto market is even more emotionally fickle than the stock market so it wouldn't have to be real 'news', even 'fake news' could do it.

If I had years of stable technical analysis so get some insight into the crypto market I'd feel more confident in making any speculation with what could be happening but at the moment I'm just working off basic principles of market dynamics to make my decisions. I surely don't claim to have any special insight into this market so take my opinions with a huge chunk of glowing Himalayan pink salt. :lol:
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job

Return to New York Knicks