ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks camp/preseason thread - Link in OP

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Re: Knicks camp/preseason thread - Link in OP 

Post#1701 » by F N 11 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:25 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Oh please. Enough talk. Between him, Smith and Fizdale yapping you'd think we were going to be in ECF this season.

Instead of talking to reporters about how much he loves it here after 3 preseason games, maybe he should be practicing his shooting. That's the question one of the reporters should ask him. "Hey RJ, shouldn't you be practicing 3 pointers instead of talking to us?" :D

Part of it is the reporters ask dumb questions but im tired of the quotes and the "Dogs" "Underdogs" "Grit" "fight". blah blah. NYC is also a show me state. Show me rather than tell me.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,650

Post#1702 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:29 pm

F N 11 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Oh please. Enough talk. Between him, Smith and Fizdale yapping you'd think we were going to be in ECF this season.

Instead of talking to reporters about how much he loves it here after 3 preseason games, maybe he should be practicing his shooting. That's the question one of the reporters should ask him. "Hey RJ, shouldn't you be practicing 3 pointers instead of talking to us?" :D

Part of it is the reporters ask dumb questions but im tired of the quotes and the "Dogs" "Underdogs" "Grit" "fight". blah blah. NYC is also a show me state. Show me rather than tell me.

He could pivot and change the direction of the conversation if he wanted to.
Free Palestine
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,435

Post#1703 » by JXL » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:32 pm

Well this took the fun out of tomorrow night:

Read on Twitter

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#1704 » by dakomish23 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:52 pm

JXL wrote:Well this took the fun out of tomorrow night:

Read on Twitter

That sucks. Wanted to see him and RBJ go at it.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,530

Post#1705 » by Fat Kat » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:38 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
dreamer3kx
Lead Assistant
And1: 744

Post#1706 » by dreamer3kx » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:42 pm

Read on Twitter

This dude is injury prone already.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,267

Post#1707 » by Oscirus » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:02 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Calm your tits he's answering a damn question not making playoff guarantees.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,435

Post#1708 » by JXL » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:23 pm

dreamer3kx wrote:

Read on Twitter

This dude is injury prone already.

Seriously, if the Knicks did draft him and this stuff pops up, you know the media will have a field day and call him a bust.
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Post#1709 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:42 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Another ex Michigan guy

He looks decent though
RealGM
And1: 39,217

Post#1710 » by 2010 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:56 pm

Random Ellingthong thought. I don't trust 3pt shooters who don't have good arc on their shot. Ellingthong shoots it on the b-line. Seems like one of those dudes who is gonna hit all the 3's that don't matter but miss all the ones we desperately need to go down.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
RealGM
And1: 39,217

Post#1711 » by 2010 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:59 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

What in the world is going on between Fizdale and Trier? Is it (1) he thinks Trier is trash; (2) Trier is hurt; or (3) he already knows that Trier is a big part of the rotation and doesn't need to see anymore from him in preseason?

I like to think it's no. 3, but I haven't read/heard anything about it.

Who knows. Our bum ass media won't query him on it.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1712 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:05 am

2010 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

What in the world is going on between Fizdale and Trier? Is it (1) he thinks Trier is trash; (2) Trier is hurt; or (3) he already knows that Trier is a big part of the rotation and doesn't need to see anymore from him in preseason?

MSG Media Police #1, "No pointed questions."
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1713 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:13 am

Oscirus wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I'm not saying he is but in earlier interviews he was talking about winning ROTY. We got to nip this kind of stuff in the budd.

Speaking of budd. :D 8-)
Free Palestine
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#1714 » by Nazrmohamed » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:44 pm

F N 11 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Then what are you guys complaining about. You do realize you are part of the problem right? Part of this Machine that the Nets and thier players dont have to deal with. This media overload and response overload to every little thing said or done.

If I were a New York player I would live to say. "Theres not really much to discuss, we havent played a game yet and I'm employed here". In reality that pretty much sums it all up but then you get the hate articles and diva articles when a player wont answer all of our dumb questions. What the hell else do you want these guys to say. Theres a mic in thier face at all times. Damned if you do, damned if you dont and no......winning does not keep the media at bay. We were getting trounced in the midst of a 53 win season and our coach sucked and our star was overrated. You simply have zero recourse outside of winning a title every year. There is no lesser outcome in which we (fans in general or media) will still give this team any respect.

RJ I'm sure is taking a ton of shots in practice. It's literally a place you are required by contract to go. It doesnt even need to be spoken about. All players practice jump shots. If RJ decided he didnt feel like taking jumpshots guess what, hes still gonna be instructed to take jump shots regardless. Let's not slowly create (and that's what we do) the seeds of hating on our future star player. We do it EVERY SINGLE TIME. Hows that working for you? Stop dissecting interviews. If it's about what they do on the court then why do you even care what was said. He couldve said green eggs and ham if that's how yall truly feel
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant

Post#1715 » by Nazrmohamed » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:51 pm

2010 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think its number 3 as well. Trier is who he will probably always be. He cant run an offense and his individual offense is good enough to secure him a spot but not as a starter. Theres nothing much else to see. Hes a career scoring punch off a bench. And yes that might sound bad but it's probably the most secure role we have on the team right now. Plug and play
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1716 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:24 pm

Nazrmohamed wrote:
F N 11 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Then what are you guys complaining about. You do realize you are part of the problem right? Part of this Machine that the Nets and thier players dont have to deal with. This media overload and response overload to every little thing said or done.

If I were a New York player I would live to say. "Theres not really much to discuss, we havent played a game yet and I'm employed here". In reality that pretty much sums it all up but then you get the hate articles and diva articles when a player wont answer all of our dumb questions. What the hell else do you want these guys to say. Theres a mic in thier face at all times. Damned if you do, damned if you dont and no......winning does not keep the media at bay. We were getting trounced in the midst of a 53 win season and our coach sucked and our star was overrated. You simply have zero recourse outside of winning a title every year. There is no lesser outcome in which we (fans in general or media) will still give this team any respect.

RJ I'm sure is taking a ton of shots in practice. It's literally a place you are required by contract to go. It doesnt even need to be spoken about. All players practice jump shots. If RJ decided he didnt feel like taking jumpshots guess what, hes still gonna be instructed to take jump shots regardless. Let's not slowly create (and that's what we do) the seeds of hating on our future star player. We do it EVERY SINGLE TIME. Hows that working for you? Stop dissecting interviews. If it's about what they do on the court then why do you even care what was said. He couldve said green eggs and ham if that's how yall truly feel

You're too lenient. Good thing you're not minding the hen house because when the cat's away, the mice will play. Some people say the cucumber tastes better pickled!
Free Palestine
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant

Post#1717 » by Nazrmohamed » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:35 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:
F N 11 wrote:Part of it is the reporters ask dumb questions but im tired of the quotes and the "Dogs" "Underdogs" "Grit" "fight". blah blah. NYC is also a show me state. Show me rather than tell me.

You're too lenient. Good thing you're not minding the hen house because when the cat's away, the mice will play. Some people say the cucumber tastes better pickled!

What?!!! Pickled. You must be from down south or something with a saying like that. Lol.

The kid is a fan. Hes playing hard, looking good as a prospect. Theres work to be done and along the way hes answering questions giving fans some hope. Again, what's he supposed to say. I'm just here cuz they drafted me?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1718 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:07 am

Free Palestine
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,275

Post#1719 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:20 pm

Oscirus wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

:lol: I'm hoping you have a calming influence on Wingo's tits
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1720 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:56 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

:lol: I'm hoping you have a calming influence on Wingo's tits

I'm jonesing for the season to start.
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks