ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Official KP Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,002

Re: KP's A Maverick And I Spoke It Into Existence 

Post#541 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Nov 8, 2019 4:05 am

Capn'O wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

They tried to trade him and he caught wind and flipped. It's not that hard to figure out. That's why we're pissed at the Spurs now.

The Spurs dimed us out?
Free Palestine
Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,084

Post#542 » by Fury » Fri Nov 8, 2019 4:13 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

They tried to trade him and he caught wind and flipped. It's not that hard to figure out. That's why we're pissed at the Spurs now.

The Spurs dimed us out?

Then they act offended about Marcus Morris. **** them
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,951

Post#543 » by Fat Kat » Fri Nov 8, 2019 4:17 am

Sark wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

When I knew he was a punkazzbiatch.

Read on Twitter

When he posted that, he had no plans to play at all. Passive aggressive punk behavior. That was before the alleged rape and bar fight.

The moment he decided to not play at all was when they didn't give him his contract extension, after Booker and KAT got their's. No player in their right mind would come back, after proving to be an All Star, and play the final year of a rookie contract on a repaired knee, with no guarantees for anything past that.

I thought that was pretty self evident. :dontknow:

What does that have to do with posting the picture of him sprinting?

Allegedly raped and called the victim his slave. Bar brawls and biatch like behavior.

Wonder why he gets a pass from pessimistic peanut gallery.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,045

Post#544 » by Sark » Fri Nov 8, 2019 4:21 am

Fat Kat wrote:
Sark wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:

Read on Twitter

When he posted that, he had no plans to play at all. Passive aggressive punk behavior. That was before the alleged rape and bar fight.

The moment he decided to not play at all was when they didn't give him his contract extension, after Booker and KAT got their's. No player in their right mind would come back, after proving to be an All Star, and play the final year of a rookie contract on a repaired knee, with no guarantees for anything past that.

Allegedly raped and called the victim his slave. Bar brawls and biatch like behavior.

The picture of him sprinting had nothing to do with his plans to play. The decision to not play was made months prior.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,764

Post#545 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Nov 8, 2019 4:25 am

Fat Kat wrote:
Sark wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:

Read on Twitter

Though the rape charge is still alleged until proven otherwise, there are Knicks fans who wouldn't care if a serial killer was on our roster if that got the team a ring. KP was a dick and possibly a monster, so I feel no loss, but some here will continue to pine for him in spite of his lack of character
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#546 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Nov 8, 2019 4:33 am

Fury wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

The Spurs dimed us out?

Then they act offended about Marcus Morris. **** them

That's some narcissistic shyt right there.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#547 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Nov 8, 2019 4:35 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Sark wrote:

Though the rape charge is still alleged until proven otherwise, there are Knicks fans who wouldn't care if a serial killer was on our roster if that got the team a ring. KP was a dick and possibly a monster, so I feel no loss, but some here will continue to pine for him in spite of his lack of character

I would need to know more about the facts of the alleged serial killings first. Then it would have to be weighed against the level of win production he would bring to the team. We've all made mistakes.
Free Palestine
NY 567
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,437

Post#548 » by NY 567 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 4:38 am

It's one thing to banter about and talk **** about the guys play on the court and his personality or whatever, it's completely underhanded to insinuate or outright say the guy was a rapist. There is absolutely nothing suggesting that the story is true, and it's not like anyone really knows it either way, those using it as a talking point are doing so because they don't like the way he handled the situation with us, which is beyond pathetic.

As far as him doing what he did, who the **** would want to play for us anyway? We're a dumpster fire of an organization, the worst front office in basketball, the worst media in basketball, and a fickle fanbase. Kid saw the writing on the wall and forced his way out. And we sure showed him, trading him for nothing and pairing him up with someone of might be the premiere talent of this generation in Luka Doncic. KP saw what we were about, saw how wrong we did Melo, who he was close to, and decided that he didn't want to be 30 years old or so by the time he got the hell out of here. I'm not mad at the kid, he made the right call for his career. And he was proven right, Mills and Perry had/have zero plan, they prayed on 15% odds of getting Zion and hoped that for whatever reason, superstars would want to sign here. And when that failed, they overpayed for a dozen average PFs for whatever bizarre reason. I wonder why he wanted out.
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#549 » by Fat Kat » Fri Nov 8, 2019 4:38 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Sark wrote:

Yep. This guy skipped an exit meeting, showed up his coach, and exhibited off-court behavior that could lead to him being incarcerated. It still somehow gets painted as a front office failing. Players have been vilified for far less on this board.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#550 » by Fat Kat » Fri Nov 8, 2019 4:48 am

NY 567 wrote:It's one thing to banter about and talk **** about the guys play on the court and his personality or whatever, it's completely underhanded to insinuate or outright say the guy was a rapist. There is absolutely nothing suggesting that the story is true, and it's not like anyone really knows it either way, those using it as a talking point are doing so because they don't like the way he handled the situation with us, which is beyond pathetic.

As far as him doing what he did, who the **** would want to play for us anyway? We're a dumpster fire of an organization, the worst front office in basketball, the worst media in basketball, and a fickle fanbase. Kid saw the writing on the wall and forced his way out. And we sure showed him, trading him for nothing and pairing him up with someone of might be the premiere talent of this generation in Luka Doncic. KP saw what we were about, saw how wrong we did Melo, who he was close to, and decided that he didn't want to be 30 years old or so by the time he got the hell out of here. I'm not mad at the kid, he made the right call for his career. And he was proven right, Mills and Perry had/have zero plan, they prayed on 15% odds of getting Zion and hoped that for whatever reason, superstars would want to sign here. And when that failed, they overpayed for a dozen average PFs for whatever bizarre reason. I wonder why he wanted out.

The NYPD investigators “consider her credible” and “believable”. You choosing to victim blame probably has to do with fanboy fantasies. The rest of your post is fruit said fantasy and not worthy of further discussion.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#551 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Nov 8, 2019 4:49 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:

I would need to know more about the facts of the alleged serial killings first. Then it would have to be weighed against the level of win production he would bring to the team. We've all made mistakes.

Hannibal Lecter in Orange & Blue for You?
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,045

Post#552 » by Sark » Fri Nov 8, 2019 4:50 am

The rape charge is pretty much a complete fabrication, and was just some girl trying to extort money. If there was any REAL evidence of a rape, a charge would have been brought by now.

I mean she spelled his name "Kristap" on the letter he supposedly wrote to her. But sure, maybe he forgot how to spell his own name for a second. Ya never know.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#553 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Nov 8, 2019 4:52 am

NY 567 wrote:It's one thing to banter about and talk **** about the guys play on the court and his personality or whatever, it's completely underhanded to insinuate or outright say the guy was a rapist. There is absolutely nothing suggesting that the story is true, and it's not like anyone really knows it either way, those using it as a talking point are doing so because they don't like the way he handled the situation with us, which is beyond pathetic.

I hope you're not referring to me as being underhanded when I clearly stated they were alleged. That's not insinuation. It is a reference to actual media reports the Knicks front office knew of the rape allegation. Calling KP a dick at a minimum is based on his other actions which have nothing to do with those allegations.
NY 567
Lead Assistant

Post#554 » by NY 567 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 5:42 am

Fat Kat wrote:

The NYPD investigators “consider her credible” and “believable”. You choosing to victim blame probably has to do with fanboy fantasies. The rest of your post is fruit said fantasy and not worthy of further discussion.

So "credible" and "believable" that even in this era of heightened sensitivity and awareness when it comes sexual assault that no charges were filed and the press barely even touched it. What a joke. You're the type of person I'm talking about, playing up a BS rape charge to defame a persons character because you don't like how he handled a situation in regards to basketball is about as underhanded as it gets.
NY 567
Lead Assistant

Post#555 » by NY 567 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 5:51 am

Clyde_Style wrote:

I hope you're not referring to me as being underhanded when I clearly stated they were alleged. That's not insinuation. It is a reference to actual media reports the Knicks front office knew of the rape allegation. Calling KP a dick at a minimum is based on his other actions which have nothing to do with those allegations.

KP seems like an articulate, level headed kid. I'm guessing he was a bit of a dick towards the middle to end of his tenure with us, but after dealing with Dolan, Perry, Mills, Rambis, Fisher, Hornaceck, Fizdale and especially Phil Jackson, I can't blame him.
NY 567
Lead Assistant

Post#556 » by NY 567 » Fri Nov 8, 2019 5:51 am

Clyde_Style wrote:

KP seems like an articulate, level headed kid. I'm guessing he was a bit of a dick towards the middle to end of his tenure with us, but after dealing with Dolan, Perry, Mills, Rambis, Fisher, Hornaceck, Fizdale and especially Phil Jackson, I can't blame him.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#557 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Nov 8, 2019 6:26 am

Fat Kat wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:

Yep. This guy skipped an exit meeting, showed up his coach, and exhibited off-court behavior that could lead to him being incarcerated. It still somehow gets painted as a front office failing. Players have been vilified for far less on this board.

He got bad advice from his brother. Things happen. Sometimes we all need to forgive and forget. :lol:
Free Palestine
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,865

Post#558 » by Adelheid » Fri Nov 8, 2019 6:45 am

I do believe we all have to move on from this. After all, he got his max now. Hopefully something major changes in the FO because they dont instill confidence and belief from the masses it seems.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#559 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Nov 8, 2019 7:43 am

Adelheid wrote:I do believe we all have to move on from this. After all, he got his max now. Hopefully something major changes in the FO because they dont instill confidence and belief from the masses it seems.

You hate them just as much as we do.
Free Palestine
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,649

Post#560 » by duetta » Fri Nov 8, 2019 1:09 pm

Bottom line is that management has up to this point wasted the cap space that they received because of this trade - and the picks are not likely to be high ones. And their big hire of Fitzdale looks like a disaster.

According to Berman in today's Post, Jackson had explored trading KP as early as after his rookie year. Jackson's ask of Boston after his sophomore year was perhaps over-the-top, but much better than what we got - since we had a pretty good sense of where those picks might be.

This entire situation has been bungled from the get-go, and no one is being held accountable.

Our only hope for getting of value out of the trade is probably that Dallas suffers a couple of devasting injuries next season,(when their pick is unprotected), and we luck out there.

Return to New York Knicks