ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Official KP Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Jellybeans
Starter
And1: 2,344

Re: KP's A Maverick And I Spoke It Into Existence 

Post#681 » by Jellybeans » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:20 am

MrOrange wrote:I don't think you will get a very high Dallas pick. But you are in a desperate need for a playmaker: Rubio was available, yet Knicks did not even consider hi, Look at the Suns now. Here is the one I would suggest, current;y ranks around 20 in draft prospects:

Cant and wont pick Aturs since Janis is is agent :D
MrOrange
Senior
And1: 417

Post#682 » by MrOrange » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:33 am

Jellybeans wrote:
MrOrange wrote:I don't think you will get a very high Dallas pick. But you are in a desperate need for a playmaker: Rubio was available, yet Knicks did not even consider hi, Look at the Suns now. Here is the one I would suggest, current;y ranks around 20 in draft prospects:

Janis is not his agent. His agent is the same as for Bertāns and a couple of others. the only agent Janis was for was KP. And even that is out of the picture now thanks to Cuban and Janis' broken relationship with a NYC model. He lives in Liepaja now and does not intrude with NBA clubs any more.
semjazy
Junior
And1: 169

Post#683 » by semjazy » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:04 am

MrOrange wrote:
Jellybeans wrote:

Janis is not his agent. His agent is the same as for Bertāns and a couple of others. the only agent Janis was for was KP. And even that is out of the picture now thanks to Cuban and Janis' broken relationship with a NYC model. He lives in Liepaja now and does not intrude with NBA clubs any more.

Cuban did something specific to get rid of Janis?
Jellybeans
Starter
And1: 2,344

Post#684 » by Jellybeans » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:07 pm

MrOrange wrote:
Jellybeans wrote:

Latvijas talantīgais basketbolists Artūrs Žagars, kura aģents ir Kristapa Porziņģa brālis Jānis
Kā tad tur ir :D
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#685 » by ChaosHamster » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:15 pm

Don't think Zagars is good enough for NBA. I think hes a typical case of a guy who is super quick and has enough athleticism to look good in Europe, but when he will get to NBA level, he will get overwhelmed by other dudes athleticism. Hope I'am wrong.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#686 » by Phish Tank » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:56 pm

MrOrange wrote:
Jellybeans wrote:

hmm, care to explain the broken relationship thing?
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,411

Post#687 » by BallSacBounce » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:49 am

Chanel Bomber wrote:
aq_ua wrote:RJ has helped make my emotional connection to KP about the same as my emotional connection to Jeremy Lin. Thanks for the memories, b!tches.

Losing Lin hurt.

Losing KP had nowhere near the same emotional impact for me, especially after we found out about the draft picks. Remember they weren’t reported until a couple hours after the trade was announced. I was almost relieved the FO had the guts to make a decision I knew deep down was probably better for the franchise long-term (I was conflicted as I wasn’t sold on KP and thought throwing him the max might be a colossal mistake, yet I wanted us to keep our homegrown talent).

KP was too cold, too calculated for me to feel emotionally invested the way I was with Lin. Linsanity was magical. KP and his brother were always a bit too political for my taste.

I started souring on KP when he skipped out on the Phil Jackson exit interview. Diva activity alert.

When he showed up the coach with that full speed sprint pic it was another sign he was a problem.

With his unjury issues signing him to a max was a huge risk. Couple that with attitude problems I'm not unhappy he is gone. It does suck we couldn't bring back equal talent but who knows what the future brings with the cap space and picks.

I'm good with it all.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,089

Re: Official KP Thread 

Post#688 » by blueNorange » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:56 am

good news is kristaps isn't the bad as a shooter.

bad news is kristaps hasn't improved much other than his body maturing.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,825

Post#689 » by spree2kawhi » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:55 am

It's a disgrace that the Knicks board has this thread imo.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Post#690 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:06 am

Hey! What happened to my extremely accurate topic renaming? :-)
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#691 » by Rasho Brezec » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:09 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Hey! What happened to my extremely accurate topic renaming? :-)

I liked your title better.
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,917

Post#692 » by SelbyCobra » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:21 pm

blueNorange wrote:good news is kristaps isn't the bad as a shooter.

It may change as the season goes on, but the data on his jumper is that he's actually one of the worst shooters in the NBA so far.

Of players who have taken at least 50 two-point jumpshots from 5 feet away out to the 3P line so far this season, KP has the second worst FG% (.329) in the league - worse than Westbrook.

If you factor in three pointers and include every jumper outside of 5 feet, setting the threshold of at least 100 total jumpshots, he's 9th worst in the league, two spots lower than his teammate, THJ.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#693 » by blueNorange » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:14 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:

It may change as the season goes on, but the data on his jumper is that he's actually one of the worst shooters in the NBA so far.

Of players who have taken at least 50 two-point jumpshots from 5 feet away out to the 3P line so far this season, KP has the second worst FG% (.329) in the league - worse than Westbrook.

If you factor in three pointers and include every jumper outside of 5 feet, setting the threshold of at least 100 total jumpshots, he's 9th worst in the league, two spots lower than his teammate, THJ.

after shooting 43%, 45%, and then 44% with the knicks, he won't be a sub 40% shooter.

hence "isn't this bad of a shooter"
LOL Y U MAD THO?
SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#694 » by SelbyCobra » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:37 pm

blueNorange wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:

after shooting 43%, 45%, and then 44% with the knicks, he won't be a sub 40% shooter.

Ah, my bad, I read the errant "the" as a "that", meaning "he isn't that bad as a shooter", as though what we've seen this year is showing his shooting prowess somehow.

The bad news is that 45% FG on the season remains a lofty goal for him.
SelbyCobra
General Manager

Re: OT: Official KP Thread 

Post#695 » by SelbyCobra » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:39 pm

Also, for the sake of it being duly noted, even though they are giving him days off, the Mavs have Prozingis playing 32 MPG in his return to the court this season, which is right where he was with the Knicks.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,308

Post#696 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:41 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:It's a disgrace that the Knicks board has this thread imo.

Yep. Like keeping photos of an ex girlfriend who dumped you all over the house. :lol:
:beer: RIP mags
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Post#697 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:14 pm

KP really turning out like Melo. Late career Melo.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#698 » by blueNorange » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:29 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:

Ah, my bad, I read the errant "the" as a "that", meaning "he isn't that bad as a shooter", as though what we've seen this year is showing his shooting prowess somehow.

The bad news is that 45% FG on the season remains a lofty goal for him.

it's actually my bad, i made the typo.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,407

Post#699 » by robillionaire » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:33 pm

When can this embarrassment of a thread be unstickied
SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#700 » by SelbyCobra » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:35 pm

robillionaire wrote:When can this embarrassment of a thread be unstickied

I don't think it's strange that it exists, but it IS weird that it's stickied. Let it rise and fall on the merits of his play.

Return to New York Knicks