ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Official KP Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,190
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Re: OT: Official KP Thread 

Post#701 » by BKlutch » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:45 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:KP really turning out like Melo. Late career Melo.

Welo.

Oh, Gee, I see we're playing D. Powered by the after-Burner

BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,190
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Re: Official KP Thread 

Post#702 » by BKlutch » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:47 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
blueNorange wrote:good news is kristaps isn't the bad as a shooter.

bad news is kristaps hasn't improved much other than his body maturing.

It may change as the season goes on, but the data on his jumper is that he's actually one of the worst shooters in the NBA so far.

Of players who have taken at least 50 two-point jumpshots from 5 feet away out to the 3P line so far this season, KP has the second worst FG% (.329) in the league - worse than Westbrook.

If you factor in three pointers and include every jumper outside of 5 feet, setting the threshold of at least 100 total jumpshots, he's 9th worst in the league, two spots lower than his teammate, THJ.

So you're saying we forced Dallas to take on KP when we made the deal to trade THJr to them?

Oh, Gee, I see we're playing D. Powered by the after-Burner

ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#703 » by ChaosHamster » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:30 pm

robillionaire wrote:When can this embarrassment of a thread be unstickied

When Porzingis starts playing well, it'll be down.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,596

Post#704 » by Stannis » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:39 pm

I don't like to backseat mod or anything, and this the only time I probably have; but I think it's pretty ridiculous that we got a KP thread stickied. Makes us look butthurt.
Free Palestine
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#705 » by Rasho Brezec » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:52 pm

Sticky doesn't have anything to do with that.
Damas
Starter
And1: 1,920

Post#706 » by Damas » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:59 pm

Stannis wrote:I don't like to backseat mod or anything, and this the only time I probably have; but I think it's pretty ridiculous that we got a KP thread stickied. Makes us look butthurt.

We are butthurt. Every good player who leaves this dump gets this type of treatment.

I bet this thread stays stickied for the rest of the year.
Slicin N Dicin
Veteran
And1: 2,276

Post#707 » by Slicin N Dicin » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:22 pm

First off:

KP is a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

now that i got that out of the way - yeahhh a kp thread should not be stickied at all
BaF 1.0 - Bucks: Inaugural BaF Champs 2018

It's Been Real BaF!

Check out the No Blood No Foul Podcast below with your boys from Real GM:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,734

Post#708 » by Spree2Houston » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:33 pm

KP will eventually ask out with a trade. His ego could never allow himself to become 2nd fiddle to Luka
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 37,857

Post#709 » by KnicksGod » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:47 pm

Spree2Houston wrote:KP will eventually ask out with a trade. His ego could never allow himself to become 2nd fiddle to Luka

Not sure yet about his ego. Seems to enjoy winning some. However he's not really even clearly 2nd fiddle. He's pretty much among the many 2nd fiddleS they have on that team, and some do really a little better next to Luka in the clutch. Like Finney-Smith.
RealGM
And1: 39,071

Post#710 » by 2010 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:21 pm

I think we got way better bang for our buck:

Spoiler:

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,806

Post#711 » by SelbyCobra » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:56 pm

Dallas really is a great situation for him if he molds himself to simply fill the voids left by Luka. He just has to be willing to mentally accept not being the man or a superstar, and then tailor his considerable talents to meet the needs of the team. Doncic is obviously ready, willing, and potentially able to carry ALL the weight that a true alpha needs to carry in order to command a team to wins.

A lot of cats in the NBA - including Porzingis - want to try and be that guy, but there are probably less than 10 who can actually do it.
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,167

Post#712 » by aq_ua » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:58 am

I’d rather see a Spencer Dinwiddie thread stickied here than a KP one. We’re not even playing Dallas for the rest of the dmn season.
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,812

Post#713 » by knicks94 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:52 pm

KP was supposed to be the best Knicks big man since Patrick Ewing and now he is reduced to a role player on another team.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 47,893

Post#714 » by DOT » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:54 pm

Yeah, I don't think this needs to be stickied any more
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
MrOrange
Senior
And1: 417

Re: KP's A Maverick And I Spoke It Into Existence 

Post#715 » by MrOrange » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:12 pm

Phish Tank wrote:
MrOrange wrote:
Jellybeans wrote:Cant and wont pick Aturs since Janis is is agent :D

Janis is not his agent. His agent is the same as for Bertāns and a couple of others. the only agent Janis was for was KP. And even that is out of the picture now thanks to Cuban and Janis' broken relationship with a NYC model. He lives in Liepaja now and does not intrude with NBA clubs any more.

hmm, care to explain the broken relationship thing?

My bad. Jānis is really isZagars current agent at turned out. He had a different agent before. But you are right about broken relations with Janis. KP finally realized the ish he did to him. Of course, they are a family and have to stick together, but not in basketball terms. Also, Cuban strikes me a guy, who would not tolerate this kind of behaviour. Also, when some of you criticize KP's current game, you should remember that a couple of decades ago, many ballers even did not return after ligament tears. Give him a break, he will be back to his best.
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#716 » by ChaosHamster » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:48 pm

MrOrange wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:
MrOrange wrote:Janis is not his agent. His agent is the same as for Bertāns and a couple of others. the only agent Janis was for was KP. And even that is out of the picture now thanks to Cuban and Janis' broken relationship with a NYC model. He lives in Liepaja now and does not intrude with NBA clubs any more.

My bad. Jānis is really isZagars current agent at turned out. He had a different agent before. But you are right about broken relations with Janis. KP finally realized the ish he did to him. Of course, they are a family and have to stick together, but not in basketball terms. Also, Cuban strikes me a guy, who would not tolerate this kind of behaviour. Also, when some of you criticize KP's current game, you should remember that a couple of decades ago, many ballers even did not return after ligament tears. Give him a break, he will be back to his best.

Do you have any source about that Janis stuff?
MrOrange
Senior

Post#717 » by MrOrange » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:58 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:
MrOrange wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:

Look, people talk and many know one another. Particularly in the balling community. We are a 2 million nation, many people know one another, right? If you ask me for a link, then I would not be able to provide it, so you will have to trust my word on this. It is kind of the same as the whole story with KP's brawl during this summer. All there was that KP and his company was attacked by a well-known gang with criminal records. Everybody knew it, yet some folks here made a big deal out of it and blamed KP.
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#718 » by King of Canada » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:57 pm

MrOrange wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:
MrOrange wrote:My bad. Jānis is really isZagars current agent at turned out. He had a different agent before. But you are right about broken relations with Janis. KP finally realized the ish he did to him. Of course, they are a family and have to stick together, but not in basketball terms. Also, Cuban strikes me a guy, who would not tolerate this kind of behaviour. Also, when some of you criticize KP's current game, you should remember that a couple of decades ago, many ballers even did not return after ligament tears. Give him a break, he will be back to his best.

Look, people talk and many know one another. Particularly in the balling community. We are a 2 million nation, many people know one another, right? If you ask me for a link, then I would not be able to provide it, so you will have to trust my word on this. It is kind of the same as the whole story with KP's brawl during this summer. All there was that KP and his company was attacked by a well-known gang with criminal records. Everybody knew it, yet some folks here made a big deal out of it and blamed KP.

Hey man, it’s great to hear from anybody in the Latvian community. There was and is a ton of hate pointed toward KP and unfortunately some stupid things said about Latvia. I just want to say that I hope anybody that sees that stuff knows that it’s just online nonsense, and nobody means anything negative toward your country,

As for the comments about KP, fans are and will be hurt for a long time and KP does deserve a lot of the blame (nobody thinks it’s all on him). I wish he would have stuck it out, but he showed right from year one that he wasn’t made of NY stuff. He could have been a legend. The alabaster Ewing. We loved him even with his many faults. Either way, I hope he has a long career and I hope we can move along eventually. I don’t think that will happen though because I still miss Gallinari.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
MrOrange
Senior

Post#719 » by MrOrange » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:15 pm

King of Canada wrote:
MrOrange wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:

Hey man, it’s great to hear from anybody in the Latvian community. There was and is a ton of hate pointed toward KP and unfortunately some stupid things said about Latvia. I just want to say that I hope anybody that sees that stuff knows that it’s just online nonsense, and nobody means anything negative toward your country,

As for the comments about KP, fans are and will be hurt for a long time and KP does deserve a lot of the blame (nobody thinks it’s all on him). I wish he would have stuck it out, but he showed right from year one that he wasn’t made of NY stuff. He could have been a legend. The alabaster Ewing. We loved him even with his many faults. Either way, I hope he has a long career and I hope we can move along eventually. I don’t think that will happen though because I still miss Gallinari.

Thanks. I think both of his bros are not the nicest people in the world and should have been kept away from KP as far as possible. NYK FO should have done that, but they did not. So that's on them. As for KP, idolizing him was not good either. Somehow the city of blinding lights got into his head. So in that sense, I believe that Mavs is a healthy place for him.
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#720 » by King of Canada » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:51 pm

MrOrange wrote:
King of Canada wrote:
MrOrange wrote:Look, people talk and many know one another. Particularly in the balling community. We are a 2 million nation, many people know one another, right? If you ask me for a link, then I would not be able to provide it, so you will have to trust my word on this. It is kind of the same as the whole story with KP's brawl during this summer. All there was that KP and his company was attacked by a well-known gang with criminal records. Everybody knew it, yet some folks here made a big deal out of it and blamed KP.

Thanks. I think both of his bros are not the nicest people in the world and should have been kept away from KP as far as possible. NYK FO should have done that, but they did not. So that's on them. As for KP, idolizing him was not good either. Somehow the city of blinding lights got into his head. So in that sense, I believe that Mavs is a healthy place for him.

Yeah, you’re 100% right that Cuban would keep Janis out of the picture. He’s a self made man, unlike Dolan who is just trying to self make himself into an artist.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:

Return to New York Knicks