ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Official KP Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

BugginOut
Head Coach
And1: 7,829

Re: OT: Official KP Thread 

Post#721 » by BugginOut » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:41 pm

Read on Twitter

I love KP but our FO did the right thing by trading him and not giving him the Max. He might turn it around, but this would be a media **** show if he was playing like this in NY.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,571

Post#722 » by Fat Kat » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:53 pm

The Knicks should’ve kept KP away from his brothers?

FOH!

Fawk KP, his brothers and anyone down with him.

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
TheBigBoss
RealGM
And1: 3,837

Re: KP's A Maverick And I Spoke It Into Existence 

Post#723 » by TheBigBoss » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:27 pm

King of Canada wrote:
MrOrange wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:
Do you have any source about that Janis stuff?

Look, people talk and many know one another. Particularly in the balling community. We are a 2 million nation, many people know one another, right? If you ask me for a link, then I would not be able to provide it, so you will have to trust my word on this. It is kind of the same as the whole story with KP's brawl during this summer. All there was that KP and his company was attacked by a well-known gang with criminal records. Everybody knew it, yet some folks here made a big deal out of it and blamed KP.

Hey man, it’s great to hear from anybody in the Latvian community. There was and is a ton of hate pointed toward KP and unfortunately some stupid things said about Latvia. I just want to say that I hope anybody that sees that stuff knows that it’s just online nonsense, and nobody means anything negative toward your country,

As for the comments about KP, fans are and will be hurt for a long time and KP does deserve a lot of the blame (nobody thinks it’s all on him). I wish he would have stuck it out, but he showed right from year one that he wasn’t made of NY stuff. He could have been a legend. The alabaster Ewing. We loved him even with his many faults. Either way, I hope he has a long career and I hope we can move along eventually. I don’t think that will happen though because I still miss Gallinari.

Speaking of gallo, I wonder if the Thunder would do Randle for Gallinari?
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,377
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#724 » by BKlutch » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:23 am

BugginOut wrote:
Read on Twitter

I love KP but our FO did the right thing by trading him and not giving him the Max. He might turn it around, but this would be a media **** show if he was playing like this in NY.

Nobody is paying Morris the max. KP? Glad we're not paying him the Max.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,377
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#725 » by BKlutch » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:25 am

Fat Kat wrote:The Knicks should’ve kept KP away from his brothers?

FOH!

Read on Twitter

We all thought Phil was bonkers for talking of trading KP. He knew, and now I think we didn't realize he was right.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,571

Post#726 » by Fat Kat » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:51 am

BKlutch wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:The Knicks should’ve kept KP away from his brothers?

FOH!

Read on Twitter

We all thought Phil was bonkers for talking of trading KP. He knew, and now I think we didn't realize he was right.

I wanted to trade him when he skipped the exit meeting.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1581143&start=1260
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,414

Post#727 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:19 am

Raps fan here, I didn't hate that kristaps trade for you guys. It seemed he wasn't playing for you guys going forward anyways, you opened up capspace for some potential max cats. If you hit on Zion, a superteam likely forms. You got a (pretty questionably talented) nba player and some picks, a fair return. Now it seems you have similar production from a cheaper guy. That said I guess the "unicorn" could turn into an absolute beast, but IMO that's far from a sure thing.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,043

Post#728 » by god shammgod » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:13 pm

like i keep saying, they didn't want him

Read on Twitter

“One thing he did say, a lot of things the press said, he felt like wasn’t true,’’ Burke said. “He feels like there was a narrative that got out about him, he couldn’t defend himself. I don’t know if [Dallas] told him not to talk that much, but he wasn’t talking. I do think he has his side.’’

Burke said he didn’t want to speak for Porzingis, but gave enough hints that events during his former teammate’s four-minute meeting with Knicks president Steve Mills and general manager Scott Perry changed his view forever.

“I don’t think he was happy at the time,’’ Burke told The Post in the most revealing testimony yet about Porzingis’ alleged trade demand. “But I do think he wanted to stay. I think something happened at the meeting. I don’t know everything. Going into the meeting, KP had one type of understanding. After the meeting, there was a 180.

“I know once Knicks management and KP had that meeting, KP was out of New York because of what was said. I think he went into the meeting hoping, like, ‘OK, what’s the plan for next year?’ And something went wrong in that meeting and it just blew up. And that was the end of Porzingis.”
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,045

Post#729 » by Sark » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:28 pm

Of course they didn't want him. No player in his 4th year has the power to demand a trade. The CBA isn't built like that for players on their rookie deals. Every player signs his extension if offered. DeMarcus Cousins even signed with Sacramento, and he hated Sacramento from the bottom of his heart.

What probably really happened is a disagreement over his extension. He wanted a full max, and Merry Pills had no intention of giving him that. So they traded him so that he could get his money, and Perry could have DSJ, who he coveted.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#730 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:31 pm

god shammgod wrote:like i keep saying, they didn't want him

Read on Twitter

“One thing he did say, a lot of things the press said, he felt like wasn’t true,’’ Burke said. “He feels like there was a narrative that got out about him, he couldn’t defend himself. I don’t know if [Dallas] told him not to talk that much, but he wasn’t talking. I do think he has his side.’’

Burke said he didn’t want to speak for Porzingis, but gave enough hints that events during his former teammate’s four-minute meeting with Knicks president Steve Mills and general manager Scott Perry changed his view forever.

“I don’t think he was happy at the time,’’ Burke told The Post in the most revealing testimony yet about Porzingis’ alleged trade demand. “But I do think he wanted to stay. I think something happened at the meeting. I don’t know everything. Going into the meeting, KP had one type of understanding. After the meeting, there was a 180.

“I know once Knicks management and KP had that meeting, KP was out of New York because of what was said. I think he went into the meeting hoping, like, ‘OK, what’s the plan for next year?’ And something went wrong in that meeting and it just blew up. And that was the end of Porzingis.”

Odd to see a player speak out so candidly.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,970

Post#731 » by knicks94 » Sun Dec 1, 2019 11:19 am

Another Knicks bashing Marc Berman article that should be taken with a grain of salt.This guy has always done a poor job of trolling Knicks fans.
I think he would be more affective helping Stephon Marbury write his memoir than he would writing for a major NY newspaper.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,438

Post#732 » by duetta » Sun Dec 1, 2019 2:17 pm

Porzingis finally has the rebound numbers up to where you would respect him. He still needs to develop some kind of consistent inside game where he can use his size to advantage on nights when the long-distance game is off. He's missed a lot of development time and needs to catch up.

Not sure what management told him in that meeting, but their heads should be on the block after this latest disaster of a season. None of them are worth what they are getting paid.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,400

Post#733 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Dec 1, 2019 2:40 pm

Read on Twitter

So, I read this as the Knicks told KP they wanted to continue to rebuild, which should be f*cking obvious they needed/need to do, to anyone with a brain in their head, and KP probably wanted them to compete. Or something like that - that he wasn't down with "the rebuild".

I mean, again, we'll never exactly know, but as much as Pills suck, they were pretty on the level about what their approach was going to be.

I think the the major f*ck up by Pills, optics wise, this year, is that they said "we'd like to be competitive and build on that"

That was a mistake. They should have flatly stated "this is a continuation of the rebuild process and we'll see what happens".

They set an expectation of competing. More people would be comfortable with the idea they were tanking it again and playing youth.

Instead, it just looks like the Knicks suck and they suck at their job.

Then again, that's very honest too.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,045

Post#734 » by Sark » Sun Dec 1, 2019 3:01 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:

Read on Twitter

So, I read this as the Knicks told KP they wanted to continue to rebuild, which should be f*cking obvious they needed/need to do, to anyone with a brain in their head, and KP probably wanted them to compete. Or something like that - that he wasn't down with "the rebuild".

I mean, again, we'll never exactly know, but as much as Pills suck, they were pretty on the level about what their approach was going to be.

I think the the major f*ck up by Pills, optics wise, this year, is that they said "we'd like to be competitive and build on that"

That was a mistake. They should have flatly stated "this is a continuation of the rebuild process and we'll see what happens".

They set an expectation of competing. More people would be comfortable with the idea they were tanking it again and playing youth.

At the time of the meeting, Durant and Kyrie were still Knicks in the eyes of Dolan. He even went on radio to proclaim that. I doubt they told him that they wanted to rebuild in the meeting.
Dave DaButcher
Sixth Man
And1: 4,296

Post#735 » by Dave DaButcher » Sun Dec 1, 2019 10:23 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#736 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Sun Dec 1, 2019 11:06 pm

Sark wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Read on Twitter

At the time of the meeting, Durant and Kyrie were still Knicks in the eyes of Dolan. He even went on radio to proclaim that. I doubt they told him that they wanted to rebuild in the meeting.

Yeah. Too right. Sorry, Buzz, but I think your take is really wrong. Still. But you are right that the Coach and the FO suck.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#737 » by dakomish23 » Sun Dec 1, 2019 11:09 pm

duetta wrote:Porzingis finally has the rebound numbers up to where you would respect him. He still needs to develop some kind of consistent inside game where he can use his size to advantage on nights when the long-distance game is off. He's missed a lot of development time and needs to catch up.

Not sure what management told him in that meeting, but their heads should be on the block after this latest disaster of a season. None of them are worth what they are getting paid.

Yep. They wanted to compete now and have failed miserably.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
DOLPHIN2020
Veteran
And1: 1,138

Post#738 » by DOLPHIN2020 » Sun Dec 1, 2019 11:12 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
duetta wrote:Porzingis finally has the rebound numbers up to where you would respect him. He still needs to develop some kind of consistent inside game where he can use his size to advantage on nights when the long-distance game is off. He's missed a lot of development time and needs to catch up.

We ARE competing now......For winning the lottery :banghead:
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#739 » by dakomish23 » Sun Dec 1, 2019 11:15 pm

tuna108 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

We ARE competing now......For winning the lottery :banghead:

I’m fine with that. It’s whats preferred. Backing into it b/c of a massive failure at executing your goal while foregoing better options to be in the same spot is my beef.

The FO forever gets a free pass when they have done nothing to deserve it
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#740 » by Marty McFly » Sun Dec 1, 2019 11:25 pm

If this FO were going with all in on a youth movement they wouldn’t have decided to sign the vets they did. The only purpose they’d serve is to stunt the growth of the kids by taking away their playing time.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.

Return to New York Knicks