ImageImageImageImageImage

Currently LIVE via Twitter. KD v. Knicks Fans

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,032

Re: Currently LIVE via Twitter. KD v. Knicks Fans 

Post#41 » by Capn'O » Tue Oct 8, 2019 8:36 pm

21 Hussle wrote:Just have to accept it and keep building from within.

All that needs to be said. It'll be right back as soon as there's a team worth going berserk for.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,032

Post#42 » by Capn'O » Tue Oct 8, 2019 8:38 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
shtolky wrote:If you read between the lines it really does seem like Kyrie was the mastermind behind this and KD followed his best friend. Hey, if that's what he wants, more power to him, but he's coming off a little silly here with this cool factor. There is a reason Barclays is relatively dead while MSG always has fans even when the team is garbage.

If Kyrie came to NY then he def would have came.

But if they did, then Sham would have been right. So there’s positives and negatives to them not coming.

:lol: we'd never have heard the last of it.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,431

Post#43 » by JXL » Tue Oct 8, 2019 8:43 pm

BTW, LOL tHe kNicKs aREn'T coOl

Read on Twitter

DA FUQ OUTTA HERE KD
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
YouthMovement
General Manager
And1: 4,758

Post#44 » by YouthMovement » Tue Oct 8, 2019 8:45 pm

Keep our name out of your mouth and focus on brooklyn...it’s simple
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#45 » by DarkXaero » Tue Oct 8, 2019 9:30 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:This MFer really based his free agency choice on what kids think is "cool"? LOL.

:clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown:
A convenient way to ignore what he has actually said about why he signed with the Nets. But that's cool, you keep carrying your agenda.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,212

Post#46 » by Kampuchea » Tue Oct 8, 2019 9:46 pm

Nets are so cool that nobody posts in their forum and they hang out on Knicks board.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,308

Post#47 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Oct 8, 2019 9:49 pm

Every player loves playing in MSG. So...if any player has any balls...they would love coming here and erasing the Dolan stench. We have several players who wanted to be here. DSJ was upset we passed on him. RJ wanted no other team. Taj said he had always thought about playing here. KOQ...etc etc etc.

KD is talking fit everyone now? Chump ass bytch!! Burner accounts? Joining a 73 win team because you couldn't beat them? Following your half busted friend with your half busted ass to a half busted franchise?

STFU AND GTFO!
:beer: RIP mags
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#48 » by Thugger HBC » Tue Oct 8, 2019 10:05 pm

Fuq KD. Didn't want him here at all. Glad he's admitting he aint up to the task.

Can't wait to see Morris and Taj body that fool, and yeah I know that means next season. :rofl:
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Cookies4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,411

Post#49 » by Cookies4Life » Tue Oct 8, 2019 10:08 pm

I wanted him here up until the point he picked up that unfortunate Achilles injury. At his age it's just too big of a risk to be in a long term contract with him and I'm happy we didn't sign him.

I actually appreciate his willingness to interact with fans on Twitter. Not many athletes of his superstar level would communicate with fans so frequently, it's refreshing.
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#50 » by DowNY » Tue Oct 8, 2019 10:10 pm

21 Hussle wrote:What he said is the harsh reality. These young players don’t care about the Knicks. To them the Knicks were only relevant in the 90s and that’s before some of these players were even born. I became a fan in ‘04 and the extent of Knick success for me was the two week linsanity stretch and the 12-13 season.

Just have to accept it and keep building from within.

It’s cool with he said about the Knicks but to sit there & act like the Nets have been good is laughable. Their only trendy movement came when Jay-Z was introducing the Brooklyn factor. Yet KD sits there and say “they’re cool”.
Brotha is misguided and a follower. He just listened to whatever Kyrie told him.
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,574

Post#51 » by Butch718 » Tue Oct 8, 2019 10:11 pm

Winning is cool. Losing is not. Hence Nets > Knicks.

That being said, how insecure do you have to be to go back and forth with Knick fans over twitter? It's pretty sad how lame he is when it comes to the social media stuff. He just can't help himself.
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,375

Post#52 » by Zenzibar » Tue Oct 8, 2019 10:15 pm

Cookies4Life wrote:I wanted him here up until the point he picked up that unfortunate Achilles injury. At his age it's just too big of a risk to be in a long term contract with him and I'm happy we didn't sign him.

I actually appreciate his willingness to interact with fans on Twitter. Not many athletes of his superstar level would communicate with fans so frequently, it's refreshing.

Same.
Also wasn't sold on bringing Kyrie along with him. Double risks and perhaps even having to trade away this talent to appease their shorter windows.
Now I'm good with drafting a good young nucleus and adding the right pros around them.
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#53 » by N Y K » Tue Oct 8, 2019 10:23 pm

I'm not even mad at what he said about the Knicks...
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,924

Post#54 » by god shammgod » Tue Oct 8, 2019 10:35 pm

Capn'O wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
shtolky wrote:If you read between the lines it really does seem like Kyrie was the mastermind behind this and KD followed his best friend. Hey, if that's what he wants, more power to him, but he's coming off a little silly here with this cool factor. There is a reason Barclays is relatively dead while MSG always has fans even when the team is garbage.

If Kyrie came to NY then he def would have came.

But if they did, then Sham would have been right. So there’s positives and negatives to them not coming.

:lol: we'd never have heard the last of it.

this seems like a good time for me to remind everyone that i still hate you all :lol:
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,375

Post#55 » by Zenzibar » Tue Oct 8, 2019 10:38 pm

Butch718 wrote:Winning is cool. Losing is not. Hence Nets > Knicks.

That being said, how insecure do you have to be to go back and forth with Knick fans over twitter? It's pretty sad how lame he is when it comes to the social media stuff. He just can't help himself.

Is that why he used the word "Cool"?

KD no doubt has a large following of youngsters and he was speaking to them. In their minds now, the NY Knicks are uncool.
Who cares?
Stop All Genocides
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#56 » by Sark » Tue Oct 8, 2019 10:39 pm

Nobody good is coming here until the Knicks show that they can be a winning team. Knicks will never be a winning team until they get rid of the dysfunction. Knicks will never get rid of the dysfunction until Dolan is gone.

The only solution is to build from within.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,085

Post#57 » by blueNorange » Tue Oct 8, 2019 10:48 pm

Sark wrote:Nobody good is coming here until the Knicks show that they can be a winning team. Knicks will never be a winning team until they get rid of the dysfunction. Knicks will never get rid of the dysfunction until Dolan is gone.

The only solution is to build from within.

dolan hasn't been involved with any knicks decision making since hiring perry.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,970

Post#58 » by ITGM » Tue Oct 8, 2019 10:54 pm

nyk2017
Pro Prospect
And1: 765

Post#59 » by nyk2017 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 1:30 am

If Knicks were not "Cool", why did Anthony Davis and Kyrie Irving list them as teams they would like to be traded to? No one had even mentioned Brooklyn as a possibility until KD tore his Achilles. The signing of KD and Kyrie by the Nets has Pierce and Garnett written all over it.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#60 » by knicksNOTslick » Wed Oct 9, 2019 3:45 am

So the Nets are cool? After the Jason Kidd years which ended in 2007, and their last 3 seasons with Kidd they weren't even serious contenders in the weak East, they haven't really been as successful as Durant makes them seem. I would get it if the Nets won a title or didn't get swept in one of their appearances, but Nets being cool? Lol Is it because they're in Brooklyn? The past decade the Nets have also been a laughingstock, are irrelevant and made one of the worse trades in history. They've only won 1 playoff series since coming to Brooklyn, so how are they cool? More like mediocre.

The best way Knicks fans can get at KD is by filling up Barclays and make him feel unwelcome from NY. Cheer on our own players. He can enjoy being the 2nd relevant team in the city even if they have the better record.

Return to New York Knicks