ImageImageImageImageImage

This is the vibe I want back at MSG from the viewpoint of the enemy... #fearthemecca #themeccaaintastage

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Dave DaButcher
Sixth Man
And1: 4,296

Re: This is the vibe I want back at MSG from the viewpoint of the enemy... #fearthemecca #themeccaaintastage 

Post#21 » by Dave DaButcher » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:22 pm

According to 538’s new super duper prediction model, a playoff atmosphere at MSG won’t be something we will experience for quite awhile.

Then again, they were sure Hillary would win, so you never know...

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/introducing-raptor-our-new-metric-for-the-modern-nba/
RealGM
And1: 39,189

Re: This is the vibe I want back at MSG from the viewpoint of the enemy... #fearthemecca #themeccaaintastage 

Post#22 » by 2010 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:43 pm

Scalabrine wrote:I was sitting in right field in Game 2 and I've been to a bunch of playoff games in the 90's at the Garden. You could tell the fans were in the Twins head that night. Eddie Rosario in RF was acknowledging fans, even looked at someone right next to me and yelled "Go ____ Yourself!". I honestly don't think most of the people that are heckling and yelling at the opposing team really mean the things they say, they are just trying to get in the other teams head...clearly it worked!

The Garden can get just as rocking when we are good... we just have to be good!

That's wtf I'm talking about bro!

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,105

Post#23 » by moocow007 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:07 pm

Capn'O wrote:I remember the GTFO of our house vibe from the 90s. MSG was a feared place.

Players will set the tone for that. Morris being a goon? I'll allow it.
Yeah. If nothing else it'll be fun.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#24 » by moocow007 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:12 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Capn'O wrote:I remember the GTFO of our house vibe from the 90s. MSG was a feared place.

Dont forget Portis

Lol anybody who gets in line can get it teammate or not
Yep. He even comes with his own crazy eyes.

will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#25 » by will » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:22 pm

Unless the same players from yesteryear are going to be playing.
MSG just ain't what it was.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,201

Post#26 » by Kampuchea » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:16 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:^^^^^not very nice!!

There can only be one team so

Fck the Mets, the Yankees, the Jets and the Giants!

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,214

Post#27 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:36 pm

Kampuchea wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:^^^^^not very nice!!

There can only be one team so

Fck the Mets, the Yankees, the Jets and the Giants!

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,227

Post#28 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:36 pm

moocow007 wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:

Dont forget Portis

I can't wait for Portis Knick Bobblehead Night

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by moocow007 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:28 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:Dont forget Portis

I can't wait for Portis Knick Bobblehead Night

:lol:
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,214

Post#30 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:12 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:I can't wait for Portis Knick Bobblehead Night

Jesus! It's a spitting image of Bobby!
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,227

Post#31 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:18 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:I can't wait for Portis Knick Bobblehead Night

Jesus! It's a spitting image of Bobby!

And in Knick colors!
X-Man Cometh
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,145

Post#32 » by X-Man Cometh » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:32 am

This thread had me thinking: is cursing allowed on MSG? If yes, how much? Is there a parameter?

I don’t wanna get kicked out when I finally get to visit it.
RealGM
And1: 39,189

Post#33 » by 2010 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:42 am

X-Man Cometh wrote:This thread had me thinking: is cursing allowed on MSG? If yes, how much? Is there a parameter?

As long as you ain't cursing out the owner you should be good money. Just don't get crazy wit it. Pick your spots.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#34 » by Nazrmohamed » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:17 pm

Those teams were tough but they were also real dumb. You probably forgot all the dumb ticky tack fouls at the end of games mixed in with fouls that made sense. I loved the physical style of play but we also were one of the worst at senseless fouls and losing games at the foul line. It's a lie to say that back then the refs allowed players to just play. We'd get fouls, I think the biggest difference is the increase in flagrant fouls that started coming up. So in essence back then you knew you were sending someone to the line, but on your very first foul you let them know it wasnt gonna be fun in here. So it was sortve like a deterrent and when you look crazy like Oak and Mase, will fist fight on a moments notice and have no issue using up every one of your fouls.....well if I'm an offensive player I dont wanna tussle with that.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#35 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:23 pm

2010 wrote:Nevermind the Yankees. Y'all got ADHD and losing the point :lol:

Point being, the hostile environment effected the game and rattled the road team. That is pivotal in a playoff environment. We need to get back to that at MSG. No more of this "classy" crowd crap. No more serenading the enemy. No more "MSG is the Mecca, a stage" crap. Nah b. MSG gotta feel like walking into somebody else's projects.

I wonder if we can ever get that energy back in MSG?
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,527

Post#36 » by cgmw » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:10 pm

2010 wrote:
X-Man Cometh wrote:This thread had me thinking: is cursing allowed on MSG? If yes, how much? Is there a parameter?

As long as you ain't cursing out the owner you should be good money. Just don't get crazy wit it. Pick your spots.

Probably not so much at a weekend or day game because it’s packed with kids and out-of-towners.

Actually.... my friend and I once timed a very loud “F*ck You Laettner” during a completely quiet moment on a MLK Day matinee in the 90s. Instead of getting in trouble, the crowd laughed then cheered us. Some lady in a Laettner T-Wolves jersey had been loud AF, but then shut up afterwards.

The 400 section back in the day would always set the tone. If we ever make the playoffs again, it’ll be interesting to see if the “Chase Sky Bridge” or whatever they call it can keep the intensity. Probably not a coincidence the Knicks have sucked ever since Dolan renovated MSG.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,290

Post#37 » by Hes_On_Fire » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:37 pm

cgmw wrote:
2010 wrote:

Probably not so much at a weekend or day game because it’s packed with kids and out-of-towners.

Actually.... my friend and I once timed a very loud “F*ck You Laettner” during a completely quiet moment on a MLK Day matinee in the 90s. Instead of getting in trouble, the crowd laughed then cheered us. Some lady in a Laettner T-Wolves jersey had been loud AF, but then shut up afterwards.

The 400 section back in the day would always set the tone. If we ever make the playoffs again, it’ll be interesting to see if the “Chase Sky Bridge” or whatever they call it can keep the intensity. Probably not a coincidence the Knicks have sucked ever since Dolan renovated MSG.

The Knicks sucked way before they renovated MSG.
New York Knicks franchise W-L record as of 9/2/22 since James L Dolan assumed full ownership (2001):

673-1,007
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,166

Post#38 » by Context » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:35 pm

2010 wrote:Nevermind the Yankees. Y'all got ADHD and losing the point :lol:

Point being, the hostile environment effected the game and rattled the road team. That is pivotal in a playoff environment. We need to get back to that at MSG. No more of this "classy" crowd crap. No more serenading the enemy. No more "MSG is the Mecca, a stage" crap. Nah b. MSG gotta feel like walking into somebody else's projects.

**** went off on a tangent :lol:
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
CKamm1
Sixth Man
And1: 164

Re: GONYK Game Notes: Die Another Day 

Post#39 » by CKamm1 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:51 pm

robillionaire wrote:
GONYK wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
you'd probably have that in a playoff environment if this team ever actually made the playoffs

TBH, when we were in the playoffs, I don't remember it. There were a lot of people cheering on Lebron, and Pierce, and PG13.

MSG has become too corporate.

Those are the only kind of people who care afford to regularly go to games. Regular working people who would get rowdy can’t afford that ****

they couldn't in the 90s either

Return to New York Knicks