PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
nykfan42
Head Coach
And1: 3,077

Re: WOJ: Knicks president [Mills] angling for David Fizdale firing 

Post#1162 » by nykfan42 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:04 pm

HerSports85 wrote:Facts

Read on Twitter

Truth. Julius Randle also thinks he's a PG. I love the predictable spin moves and dribbles between legs into triple teams that lead to predictable turnovers. He's a stud.....
Make the Knicks great again!
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Post#1163 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:19 pm

Amazing to think DLo (longer commitment though), Brogdan (would have take a 1st and 2 2nds), Oubre, Danny Green, Maxi Kleiber, Thaddeus Young, Bojan Bogdanovic, Rubio, even WCS were available, and these are the guys Mills and Perry had to have.

I get that the ability to land some of other guys means a 4 year commitment (DLo or Brogdan) and probably 2 year deals for everyone else, except WCS.
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#1164 » by BeagleBoss » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:25 pm

You can cancel the next 3-5 years if Dolan allows Mills to survive and hire another coach.
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Post#1165 » by Triple C » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:36 pm

Read on Twitter
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1166 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:41 pm

Triple C wrote:
Read on Twitter

Thanks for posting, but sh*tty analysis by Windhorst.

Pills and Fizdale might suck, but Windbaghorst sucks harder.

Speculation backed by up by opinion with a few facts sprinkled in, to look like "journalism", instead of the rambings of some fat f*ck soon to suffer a massive myocardial infarction
Traveyknicks23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,775

Post#1167 » by Traveyknicks23 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:55 pm

Can y’all explain this mark Jackson distain? I seriously don’t remember what happened in Golden state with him as coach can y’all help me out?
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,063

Post#1168 » by GONYK » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:19 pm

Traveyknicks23 wrote:Can y’all explain this mark Jackson distain? I seriously don’t remember what happened in Golden state with him as coach can y’all help me out?

Some quick lowlights:

He fought with management to the point that the owner said nobody in the building liked him.

He ran less of an offense than Fiz and had GSW playing as the worst passing team in the league by an almost historically large margin. I'm not talking about assists. They literally didn't pass. It was all ISO.

When Steph had surgery for his ankle, Mark Jackson had Steph come to his church and have the ankle "blessed". He then made Steph dance and shimmy on the ankle in front of the congregation even though he had re-injured it days before.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,267

Post#1169 » by DOT » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:41 pm

GONYK wrote:
Traveyknicks23 wrote:Can y’all explain this mark Jackson distain? I seriously don’t remember what happened in Golden state with him as coach can y’all help me out?

Some quick lowlights:

He fought with management to the point that the owner said nobody in the building liked him.

He ran less of an offense than Fiz and had GSW playing as the worst passing team in the league by an almost historically large margin. I'm not talking about assists. They literally didn't pass. It was all ISO.

When Steph had surgery for his ankle, Mark Jackson had Steph come to his church and have the ankle "blessed". He then made Steph dance and shimmy on the ankle in front of the congregation even though he had re-injured it days before.

When Festus Ezeli got hurt, he told the rest of the team Ezeli was happy they were losing because that meant they needed him, leading the team to confront Ezeli over it, which brought him to tears

Regularly clashed with Bogut because Bogut was an atheist, and tried to turn the team against him

Wouldn't let management into practices

Plus, Jackson gets credit for their defense, but that wasn't him at all, it was one of their assistants Ron Adams I believe that implemented the defensive schemes which made them one of the best in the league
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,857

Post#1170 » by Spree2Houston » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:45 pm

K-DOT wrote:
GONYK wrote:

Some quick lowlights:

When Festus Ezeli got hurt, he told the rest of the team Ezeli was happy they were losing because that meant they needed him, leading the team to confront Ezeli over it, which brought him to tears

Regularly clashed with Bogut because Bogut was an atheist, and tried to turn the team against him

Plus, Jackson gets credit for their defense, but that wasn't him at all, it was one of their assistants Ron Adams I believe that implemented the defensive schemes which made them one of the best in the league

So he'll probably be the next Knick Head Coach..got it
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1171 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:04 pm

Spree2Houston wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Some quick lowlights:

So he'll probably be the next Knick Head Coach..got it

Low/no passing offense - check
Kind of an **** - check
Defense the result of an assistant the Knicks won't hire - check

Sounds like a PERFECT Knicks coach.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,496

Post#1172 » by j4remi » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:15 pm

K-DOT wrote:
GONYK wrote:

Some quick lowlights:

Didn't he try to turn the players against management and make it an "us vs them" thing?
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,274

Post#1173 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:31 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Amazing to think DLo (longer commitment though), Brogdan (would have take a 1st and 2 2nds), Oubre, Danny Green, Maxi Kleiber, Thaddeus Young, Bojan Bogdanovic, Rubio, even WCS were available, and these are the guys Mills and Perry had to have.

I get that the ability to land some of other guys means a 4 year commitment (DLo or Brogdan) and probably 2 year deals for everyone else, except WCS.

They sorted their list by ESPN defensive RPM, but had it in reverse
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,326

Post#1174 » by Hes_On_Fire » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:33 pm

Mark Jackson is certifiably insane. He's also a terrible coach.
New York Knicks franchise W-L record as of 9/2/22 since James L Dolan assumed full ownership (2001):

673-1,007
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#1175 » by Jay10 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:36 pm

When (Festus) Ezeli was injured last season, Jackson and his staff told the healthy players that Ezeli was cheering against them — so that he would look good, according to several team sources. Players confronted Ezeli in a meeting, and he wept at the accusation — which he denied.
-Zach Lowe

- Brought religion into the locker room
- Had strange relationships with his assistant coaches
Gregory151
Assistant Coach
And1: 281

Post#1176 » by Gregory151 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:48 pm

Wow. He sounds like a whole nut.

Idk why I remember people acting like he was fired unfairly. Maybe I'm confusing him with someone else.
"We’ll find a way to either make him a very useful player in our organization, or whatever"
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#1177 » by Knicksfan1992 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:54 pm

K-DOT wrote:
GONYK wrote:

Some quick lowlights:

To be fair to Jackson, Adams didn't join the Warriors until Kerr was coach I believe. But the rest of the stuff is valid.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#1178 » by dakomish23 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:27 pm

Here's Iggy's take on what happened in GSW

https://warriorswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/25/andre-iguodala-mark-jackson-was-blackballed-from-the-nba/

IDK what's true or not. A lot of stories out there from both sides.

He wouldn't be my first pick to replace Flat but the team's numbers were pretty solid his last year:

101.4 DEF RTG (3rd)
106.3 OFF RTG (12th)
+4.9 NET RTG (5th).
59.1 AST% (12th)
23.3 APG (7th)
38% 3PT (4th) on 24.8 3PA (6th)
45.3 RPG (5th)

Kerr pretty much left the defensive scheme the same except for more switching b/c Dray was starting due to Lee being injured (he's on record saying this). Kerr unlocked the offensive potential and changed the game forever.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
NYKat
RealGM
And1: 4,395

Post#1179 » by NYKat » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:35 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Triple C wrote:
Read on Twitter

Thanks for posting, but sh*tty analysis by Windhorst.

Pills and Fizdale might suck, but Windbaghorst sucks harder.

Speculation backed by up by opinion with a few facts sprinkled in, to look like "journalism", instead of the rambings of some fat f*ck soon to suffer a massive myocardial infarction

I actually like Windy but I agree with you here

I listened to his podcast and he doesn’t know what he’s talking about...

He was one of the two media members in preseason who predicted the Knicks would improve (Jalen Rose was the other)
JSmoraga
Ballboy
And1: 16

Post#1180 » by JSmoraga » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:55 pm

Hes_On_Fire wrote:
BowlRips wrote:Steve Popper says rumbling are that Mark Jackson, Jason Kidd and Chauncey Billups are the candidates to replaces Fiz

This...is truly awful.

I will root against this franchise from this point forward until Dolan caves mountains and mountains of public pressure that will eventually topple him and sells the team.

Truly a **** trifecta :(

Return to New York Knicks