ImageImageImageImageImage

Official trade Julius Randle thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Re: Official trade Julius Randle thread 

Post#41 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:34 pm

I'm trying to think the last time I cringed this much every time a Knick got the ball.

Othello Harrington? Because it was never coming back?
Shandon Anderson, because of the dribbling buffonery?

Surely I'm missing someone. I'd add JR Smith, but you never knew when he'd heat up, and it just didn't annoy me like Randle does, or THJr did.
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#42 » by NoZoLakers » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:36 pm

hes not a bad player. your coach is probably asking n allowing him to do "more" instead of keeping him in line as to what hes actually good at n thats paint scoring n rebounding
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,672

Post#43 » by mpharris36 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:48 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Maybe the Hornets? They dont seem like a very smart team and have some contracts, that might be interested in Randle. I would take Biyombo, Batum or Marvin Williams. Maybe they would even throw in a 2nd rounder in a Batum for Randle + filler deal.

I like that deal as well. You probably can get another small asset with Batum for Randle + small filler
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
swisscheeseD
NCAA Bracket Challenge Champion
And1: 4,239

Post#44 » by swisscheeseD » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:49 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:I'm trying to think the last time I cringed this much every time a Knick got the ball.

Surely I'm missing someone. I'd add JR Smith, but you never knew when he'd heat up, and it just didn't annoy me like Randle does, or THJr did.

Maurice Taylor.
Chicago Bulls

PG: Kemba Walker / T.Rozier / B.Wannamaker
SG: Donte DiVincenzo / T.Ross / P.Connaughton
SF: Kawhi Leonard / R.O’Neale / Caleb Martin
PF: Draymond Green / B.Portis / A.Aminu
C: Jonas Valanciunas / M.Harrell / F.Kaminsky
SWYM
Senior
And1: 828

Post#45 » by SWYM » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:54 pm

Remember that time posters thought THJ would garner assets, same discussion.

No chance anyway takes 2 years of Randle @ his salary and again, it'll require assets to dump Randle.

In Perry we trust...

Bahahahaha
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,676

Post#46 » by nedleeds » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:59 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Maybe the Hornets? They dont seem like a very smart team and have some contracts, that might be interested in Randle. I would take Biyombo, Batum or Marvin Williams. Maybe they would even throw in a 2nd rounder in a Batum for Randle + filler deal.

If I thought Batum would be helpful for Frank maybe but he'll probably just get him drunk at wine bars and help him catch genital warts.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,311

Post#47 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:01 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:I'm trying to think the last time I cringed this much every time a Knick got the ball.

Al Harrington
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,967

Post#48 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:11 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:

Al Harrington

eddy curry to a lesser extent, because his FG% was solid, but he NEVER passed it back out. possession over.

z-bo had a little of that knucklhead to his game too.

shandon was a damn good call.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,960

Post#49 » by Stannis » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:15 pm

SWYM wrote:Remember that time posters thought THJ would garner assets, same discussion.

No chance anyway takes 2 years of Randle @ his salary and again, it'll require assets to dump Randle.

In Perry we trust...

Bahahahaha

No where near as bad as THjr's 4 year fully guaranteed contract.

Randle's s only fully guaranteed in this year and next. The Knicks don't have free agency plans in 2020.

Also only 4 million guaranteed if not waived by June 28, 2021. It will suck if we have to eat 4 million in cap if we don't find a trade partner. But it shouldn't set us back too much to if we try to make a play in 2021 free agency.
Free Palestine
Cookies4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,411

Post#50 » by Cookies4Life » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:27 pm

They'd probably have to give up an asset attached in order to dump him now. Hopefully he improves as the season goes on and than maybe his trade value will build up. He's such an odd fit on this team and doesn't seem like a winning type of player IMO. His defense, excessive isolation plays and turnovers are what really bothers me about his game and we unfortunately just have to wait it out with him.

I imagine he'll be easier to trade by next summer when he becomes an expiring.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Post#51 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:05 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:

Al Harrington

Felt like a more competent scorer. I didn't like his game, but not as cringeworthy as Randle. Randle just feels like a turnover waiting to happen every time he touches the ball.

I have to go way back to Shandon Anderson, who, when he wasn't fumbling the ball away, as a GUARD, was missing jumpers left and right.

Randle is like Mega Shandon.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,694

Post#52 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:23 pm

So happy to see this thread up. Sticky this mofo.
Free Palestine
lloydj
Rookie
And1: 97

Post#53 » by lloydj » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:59 pm

Stupid A%% Thread. MOFO's
8-)
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#54 » by Knicksfan20 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:32 am

nykfan42 wrote:He is awful. Just so hard to watch. I dont' remember the last time I cringed so much for a player when the ball was in his hands. Maybe JR Smith? That thirsty clown.

Lance Thomas
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#55 » by Mecca » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:08 am

I love this song
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#56 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:59 am

lloydj wrote:Stupid A%% Thread. MOFO's
8-)

This is a fact.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#57 » by knicksNOTslick » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:35 am

Clarence Weatherspoon. How he would either get blocked by the opponent or the rim.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,694

Post#58 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:16 am

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2019/11/14/20964601/new-york-knicks-steve-mills-julius-randle-marcus-morris-offseason-free-agency

This team is actually so much worse than all of that. The roster Mills and Perry assembled is an endless black hole of self-interest and misaligned incentives that nudges every player to his worst instinct. It belongs in a Breaking Madden experiment, not actual reality. It’s a roster of mediocrity that adds up to a tiny fraction of the sum of its parts. It’s such a disaster that it’s impossible to blame any single factor for its dysfunction, which is ideal for a Teflon team president whose only skill is tossing others under the bus to save himself.

The Knicks’ “marquee” free agent signing this summer is the most fitting on-court avatar for all of this. Once upon a time, Julius Randle was a top prospect with a bright NBA future. But after spending his formative NBA years mired in the Lakers’ dysfunction, then a season on a lost New Orleans team where he put up numbers with no impact on winning, Randle has mastered the art of appearing to play hard while not actually playing hard in a constructive way.

So far, Randle has imported all of his bad habits and none of the shot-making he displayed in New Orleans. He catches the ball and holds it, triple-threating any potential opportunity away to scan a defense that should’ve already been tilted for him. Even on TV, you can feel the energy sucked out of the other four Knicks players as they stand helplessly waiting for Randle to make a play. No big man in the league averages more seconds or dribbles per touch.

What do the Knicks get from all that standing around? Usually, those plays are multiple-dribble moves into traffic that fail to work out.’

Or, contested three-pointers that never seem to go in. (Randle is shooting 21 percent on three-and-a-half three-point attempts a game. You’re open for a reason, my man).

Any offense with this type of player using the most possessions is committing a basketball crime. The Knicks’ half-court offense is averaging just 81.4 points per 100 possessions through the first 11 games this season, according to Cleaning The Glass. The gap between them and the second-worst half-court offense is wider than the gap between second-worst and 10th-worst. In fact, no team has been below 82 points per 100 possessions on half-court possessions since the Process era 76ers of 2014-15.

Worse, half-court plays account for nearly 78 percent of the Knicks’ possessions, third-highest in the league.
Free Palestine
ny-n-md
Sixth Man
And1: 1,386

Post#59 » by ny-n-md » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:57 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2019/11/14/20964601/new-york-knicks-steve-mills-julius-randle-marcus-morris-offseason-free-agency

This team is actually so much worse than all of that. The roster Mills and Perry assembled is an endless black hole of self-interest and misaligned incentives that nudges every player to his worst instinct. It belongs in a Breaking Madden experiment, not actual reality. It’s a roster of mediocrity that adds up to a tiny fraction of the sum of its parts. It’s such a disaster that it’s impossible to blame any single factor for its dysfunction, which is ideal for a Teflon team president whose only skill is tossing others under the bus to save himself.

The Knicks’ “marquee” free agent signing this summer is the most fitting on-court avatar for all of this. Once upon a time, Julius Randle was a top prospect with a bright NBA future. But after spending his formative NBA years mired in the Lakers’ dysfunction, then a season on a lost New Orleans team where he put up numbers with no impact on winning, Randle has mastered the art of appearing to play hard while not actually playing hard in a constructive way.

So far, Randle has imported all of his bad habits and none of the shot-making he displayed in New Orleans. He catches the ball and holds it, triple-threating any potential opportunity away to scan a defense that should’ve already been tilted for him. Even on TV, you can feel the energy sucked out of the other four Knicks players as they stand helplessly waiting for Randle to make a play. No big man in the league averages more seconds or dribbles per touch.

What do the Knicks get from all that standing around? Usually, those plays are multiple-dribble moves into traffic that fail to work out.’

Or, contested three-pointers that never seem to go in. (Randle is shooting 21 percent on three-and-a-half three-point attempts a game. You’re open for a reason, my man).

Any offense with this type of player using the most possessions is committing a basketball crime. The Knicks’ half-court offense is averaging just 81.4 points per 100 possessions through the first 11 games this season, according to Cleaning The Glass. The gap between them and the second-worst half-court offense is wider than the gap between second-worst and 10th-worst. In fact, no team has been below 82 points per 100 possessions on half-court possessions since the Process era 76ers of 2014-15.

Worse, half-court plays account for nearly 78 percent of the Knicks’ possessions, third-highest in the league.

Wow
:eek1: :hug: :jawdrop:

I knew he was bad but this bad? Incredible
JUST PLAY THE KIDS ALREADY!!!!!
Mike1989
Sophomore
And1: 75

Post#60 » by Mike1989 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:55 pm

:banghead:

Return to New York Knicks