ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA #3 - Kevin Twitterfingers' RGM Burner Edition

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Re: Around the NBA #3 - Kevin Twitterfingers' RGM Burner Edition 

Post#901 » by robillionaire » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:56 am

poor efficiency and 2 rebounds lol
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,214

Post#902 » by KnicksGod » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:00 am

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:Very nice long side banker from KP near the end. Otherwise meh.

Look, if you are going to post these posts about the Mav games then at least talk about the games honestly.

Obviously KP with the drive for 2 and then 3 for the Mavs first 5 points was what gave them a running start. He had foul trouble. Dunked on Gobert after a nice drive. Did some deterring within the limits of the foul trouble. However, his role within the Mavs current scheme is extremely limited. So, yes, his impact was positive, but not huge.

BUT .. the game swung on the decisions of the Mavs coach (not regarding KP) and on Doncic choking yet again.

Stop obsessing about taking "shats" at ex-Knicks players. It's just a terrible look. Try to think about the actual games.

You got all that from two non-grammatical sentences? Separately, I don't care about a terrible look. I'm not image conscious. And I don't really buy that Doncic is a choker. He doesn't have a ton of help (KP related) and he may be wearing out some, as he did last year.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#903 » by KnicksGod » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:01 am

Net getting hammered again.
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#904 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:07 am

Efficiency in the Mavs @ Jazz game for players with at least 9 shot attempts

Doncic 11-25 (44%) 2-10 (20%) 1-5
Porzingis 6-14 (42%) 3-8 (37.5%) 0-0
THJ 4-10 (40%) 2-3 (66%) 1-1
DFS 4-9 (44%) 1-3 (33%) 1-2

Mitchell 9-25 (36%) 5-11 (45%) 2-2
Bogdanovic 6-16 (37.5%) 4-10 (40%) 7-7
Clarkson 2-11 (18%) 1-6 (17%) 0-0
Conley 2-9 (22%) 0-2 (0%) 0-0
O'Neal 5-9 (55%) 2-6 (33%) 0-0
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager

Post#905 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:08 am

KnicksGod wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:Very nice long side banker from KP near the end. Otherwise meh.

Look, if you are going to post these posts about the Mav games then at least talk about the games honestly.

Obviously KP with the drive for 2 and then 3 for the Mavs first 5 points was what gave them a running start. He had foul trouble. Dunked on Gobert after a nice drive. Did some deterring within the limits of the foul trouble. However, his role within the Mavs current scheme is extremely limited. So, yes, his impact was positive, but not huge.

BUT .. the game swung on the decisions of the Mavs coach (not regarding KP) and on Doncic choking yet again.

Stop obsessing about taking "shats" at ex-Knicks players. It's just a terrible look. Try to think about the actual games.

You got all that from two non-grammatical sentences? Separately, I don't care about a terrible look. I'm not image conscious. And I don't really buy that Doncic is a choker. He doesn't have a ton of help (KP related) and he may be wearing out some, as he did last year.

Why post at all if the player you were looking at was "meh" and not worth commenting on?

On Doncic, he may be tailing off, though he did have a 15 game break this year. Otoh he and Carlisle have been blowing Q4s the entire season. Again, you've watched all the games in order to dunk on KP, so at least shoot straight.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,426

Post#906 » by god shammgod » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:09 am

KnicksGod wrote:Net getting hammered again.

might not make the playoffs. they only have one more win than detroit and chicago and have only won games when kyrie was out. their record with him is pretty much our record.
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager

Post#907 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:11 am

god shammgod wrote:

might not make the playoffs. they only have one more win than detroit and chicago and have only won games when kyrie was out. their record with him is pretty much our record.

The NYK are going to steal their 8th seed away from them in a Mook-led second half come-back. Then KD is going to furiously run through burner social media accounts alternately hating on Dinwiddie and second-guessing his decision not to join the Knicks.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,426

Post#908 » by god shammgod » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:15 am

unnamed nets fan who likes to troll here wrote:Sloppy basketball, and horrible shooting.

This team is a disaster.

some other nets fan wrote:Uh oh, body language from sloppy defense and passing. Kyrie looking at Joe and Jarrett like, "you sure you wanna be here next season?"

and another one wrote:This team is an embarrassment right now. Morale is at an all time low.
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 28,473

Post#909 » by HerSports85 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:17 am

Welp I’m glad I have to no longer complain about this

Read on Twitter
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#910 » by robillionaire » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:22 am

god shammgod wrote:

They might even be tanking. They keep their pick if they miss the playoffs. Watch them win the lottery lol.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,116

Post#911 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:34 am

robillionaire wrote:poor efficiency and 2 rebounds lol

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,587

Post#912 » by Capn'O » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:41 am

Damn KAT.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#913 » by KnicksGod » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:41 am

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:Look, if you are going to post these posts about the Mav games then at least talk about the games honestly.

Why post at all if the player you were looking at was "meh" and not worth commenting on?

On Doncic, he may be tailing off, though he did have a 15 game break this year. Otoh he and Carlisle have been blowing Q4s the entire season. Again, you've watched all the games in order to dunk on KP, so at least shoot straight.

Yeah he didn’t have that bad a game, nor did Luka, as long as we are both bound by the knightly code of chivalry & honor.
Context
RealGM
And1: 11,880

Post#914 » by Context » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:44 am

whos watching the laker-sixer game?
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 28,473

Post#915 » by HerSports85 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:48 am

Anybody that max Drummond is a damn fool
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager

Post#916 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:14 am

KnicksGod wrote:Yeah he didn’t have that bad a game, nor did Luka, as long as we are both bound by the knightly code of chivalry & honor.

I like this idea! :D

We should probably take this to the Mavs board ;)

I have watched, idk, 1/3 Mavs games ??? (Couldn't swear to it, but that's my guesstimate.) But I have watched plenty of the Q4-losses. fwiw, In fact, in almost all of their (non-blow out) Q4s they have negative points.

They have a coaching problem there (arguably a counterbalance to a coaching advantage in Q3s) ... and Luka - who's great .. let's be honest .. it's him and Zion in the under-Kawhi group who are the leaders .. just doesn't have the judgment on where to go with the 3s at end of game OR how to close out otherwise. Now, he's so bbiq+ that he should figure out how to do this better, either with (Mavs) help or without it, but ... maybe Real have more structure than an NBA team? maybe their players, on smaller salaries, are less self-empowered, maybe .. who knows. Anyway, the long and the short of it is that Luka is leading the Mavs to big (EV) leads through the first 3 quarters of games and then him and the coach are blowing that advantage away in Q4. Repeatedly.

Obligatory KP mention: And all of that has hardly anything to do with KP. I mean, obviously, KP and Luka aren't really on the same page offensively. This game - as the last game - Luka threw exectly one lob to KP - with Luka slightly RHS of the basket and beyond the 3pt line and KP to the LHS. Each time it was inaccurate and resulted in a turn over. Etc, etc. But those are effemeral plays per se.

Of course, if the Mavs could figure out how to use them together better that would be an easy gain. But, heh, lolMavs. Which I think we can both agree on.
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager

Post#917 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:21 am

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
Worst_to_First wrote:I think the question I would have to know the answer to is if RJ is closer to being LeBron than BI is closer to Kawhi.

Great post - especially the stuff I cut :D

Just by body-types, RJ never becomes Lebron, right? And BI is always about half-way between KD & Kawhi? Not talking about their basketball skills or whether they become anything like those 3 players.

As far as skills go .. why knows, obviously.

Just quoting myself to continue my thought, apologies to everyone :oops:

RJ never morphs into the "Lebron being able to body foolz" unless he .. goes on a heavy PED regime. Which .. fuuu...I just imagine the kid is too clean for that.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#918 » by KnicksGod » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:25 am

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:Yeah he didn’t have that bad a game, nor did Luka, as long as we are both bound by the knightly code of chivalry & honor.

I like this idea! :D

We should probably take this to the Mavs board ;)

I have watched, idk, 1/3 Mavs games ??? (Couldn't swear to it, but that's my guesstimate.) But I have watched plenty of the Q4-losses. fwiw, In fact, in almost all of their (non-blow out) Q4s they have negative points.

They have a coaching problem there (arguably a counterbalance to a coaching advantage in Q3s) ... and Luka - who's great .. let's be honest .. it's him and Zion in the under-Kawhi group who are the leaders .. just doesn't have the judgment on where to go with the 3s at end of game OR how to close out otherwise. Now, he's so bbiq+ that he should figure out how to do this better, either with (Mavs) help or without it, but ... maybe Real have more structure than an NBA team? maybe their players, on smaller salaries, are less self-empowered, maybe .. who knows. Anyway, the long and the short of it is that Luka is leading the Mavs to big (EV) leads through the first 3 quarters of games and then him and the coach are blowing that advantage away in Q4. Repeatedly.

Obligatory KP mention: And all of that has hardly anything to do with KP. I mean, obviously, KP and Luka aren't really on the same page offensively. This game - as the last game - Luka threw exectly one lob to KP - with Luka slightly RHS of the basket and beyond the 3pt line and KP to the LHS. Each time it was inaccurate and resulted in a turn over. Etc, etc. But those are effemeral plays per se.

Of course, if the Mavs could figure out how to use them together better that would be an easy gain. But, heh, lolMavs. Which I think we can both agree on.

Hmm I’ll have to kindly diverge with you on the casual reverence to KP and Luka “not being on the same page.” Luka is great and KP is a good standstill shooter who has trouble getting his shots in different places or getting inside. It’s not that they’re on a different page so much as one guy is just a lot better so they can’t play some even 2-man game.

The rest I mostly agree with my fellow.

I also feel that while the stats may not match up with this 100%, KP is not making a big mark on D. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s intentional. Seems to me that pacing himself is part of the New KP Plan. I mean they are winning and the NBA penalizes D so why not.
ADeP7
Starter
And1: 2,449

Post#919 » by ADeP7 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:30 am

El Poochio wrote:I will drive RJ to airport myself if he can get us Ingram

I mean I’m not saying Ingram would sign with us but if he were to say he doesn’t want to play with Zion and sign on offer sheet with us. Would the pelicans really turn down a few picks. I don’t think there’s any chance knicks would trade Barrett.

Mavs 21 / 23 + and a knicks 1st for Ingram

Brogdon signed with pacers
Pacers trade to Milwaukee 1 1st (lottery protected) and 2 2nds

Deangelo Russell signed with warriors
Warriors trade to nets protected future 1st rounder
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#920 » by robillionaire » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:36 am

ADeP7 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:I will drive RJ to airport myself if he can get us Ingram

I mean I’m not saying Ingram would sign with us but if he were to say he doesn’t want to play with Zion and sign on offer sheet with us. Would the pelicans really turn down a few picks. I don’t think there’s any chance knicks would trade Barrett.

Mavs 21 / 23 + and a knicks 1st for Ingram

Brogdon signed with pacers
Pacers trade to Milwaukee 1 1st (lottery protected) and 2 2nds

Deangelo Russell signed with warriors
Warriors trade to nets protected future 1st rounder

I wouldn't do it, i'm not giving up 3 first round picks just for the privilege of signing a dude, he's not lebron. He's not even melo

Return to New York Knicks