ImageImageImageImageImage

New York Yankees Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, NoLayupRule, King of Canada, GONYK, K-DOT, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Jeff Van Gully, mrpoetryNmotion

blue and orange
Analyst
Posts: 3,318
And1: 672
Joined: Nov 06, 2012
     

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1401 » by blue and orange » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:22 am

knicks94 wrote:Can we conclude that this has been one of the most boring Yankee offseasons we've had in a while? At least last year many Yankee fans had something to look forward to with the signing of Cole. I was really hoping for the Yankees to make a splash by signing Trevor Bauer or another number 2 starter.

Almost every news story revolves around DJLM speculation. I really am starting to grow tired of it. If the man really wants to come back to the Bronx he needs to accept what the team is willing to offer him instead of opening up the possibility that the Yankees bid against themselves. Ain't nobody going to give a guy approaching his mid 30's a Robbie Cano-like contract, no matter how high his batting average was.


Come on we resigned Luis Cessa who's not excited about that :lol:.
User avatar
GEOLINK
General Manager
Posts: 8,209
And1: 6,674
Joined: Mar 16, 2014
       

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1402 » by GEOLINK » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:00 am

Our bullpen looks dogchit.

Gonna burn arms real quick with this rotation as is.
User avatar
GEOLINK
General Manager
Posts: 8,209
And1: 6,674
Joined: Mar 16, 2014
       

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1403 » by GEOLINK » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:32 am

Read on Twitter
User avatar
GEOLINK
General Manager
Posts: 8,209
And1: 6,674
Joined: Mar 16, 2014
       

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1404 » by GEOLINK » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:36 pm

Read on Twitter
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 65,551
And1: 31,383
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1405 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:47 pm

GEOLINK wrote:
Read on Twitter


What's the holdup here? You guys need pitching. Tanaka pitches ... and thrives in the playoffs. Is the asking price unreasonable?
Image
User avatar
GEOLINK
General Manager
Posts: 8,209
And1: 6,674
Joined: Mar 16, 2014
       

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1406 » by GEOLINK » Fri Jan 1, 2021 12:50 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:
Read on Twitter


What's the holdup here? You guys need pitching. Tanaka pitches ... and thrives in the playoffs. Is the asking price unreasonable?

They have a few millions to spend this off-season and I guess they want to use it all on DJ.

I really hate teams being picky with spending money because of some tax threshold.
KnicksGadfly
General Manager
Posts: 8,579
And1: 4,935
Joined: Jul 29, 2007
Location: Rent Free
   

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1407 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Jan 1, 2021 1:35 pm

GEOLINK wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:
Read on Twitter


What's the holdup here? You guys need pitching. Tanaka pitches ... and thrives in the playoffs. Is the asking price unreasonable?

They have a few millions to spend this off-season and I guess they want to use it all on DJ.

I really hate teams being picky with spending money because of some tax threshold.


They’re okay getting destroyed for the Dodgers as long as they make the playoffs. Stupid ass Yankees getting jealous of the Rays when the Rays are jealous of us
Commander of the Dallas Tank!

The mission: to end false narratives about the Knicks

Example of Fake Narratives:
-The Melo era should be celebrated
-Phil Jackson was a good GM
-Randle could be good as a third option

2020 Draft Bandwagon:
Kira, Tyrell
Polk377
Head Coach
Posts: 6,535
And1: 3,013
Joined: Apr 19, 2002
Location: Medford, NY
         

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1408 » by Polk377 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 9:56 am

KnicksGadfly wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
What's the holdup here? You guys need pitching. Tanaka pitches ... and thrives in the playoffs. Is the asking price unreasonable?

They have a few millions to spend this off-season and I guess they want to use it all on DJ.

I really hate teams being picky with spending money because of some tax threshold.


They’re okay getting destroyed for the Dodgers as long as they make the playoffs. Stupid ass Yankees getting jealous of the Rays when the Rays are jealous of us

Yankees have too much young pitching depth to stay tied to Tanaka. I would rather let Devi or Schmidt develop into something in the majors. I don't want these guys to get the Joba and Hughes treatment here for the sake of the vets.
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 65,551
And1: 31,383
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1409 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jan 4, 2021 11:24 am

Polk377 wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:They have a few millions to spend this off-season and I guess they want to use it all on DJ.

I really hate teams being picky with spending money because of some tax threshold.


They’re okay getting destroyed for the Dodgers as long as they make the playoffs. Stupid ass Yankees getting jealous of the Rays when the Rays are jealous of us

Yankees have too much young pitching depth to stay tied to Tanaka. I would rather let Devi or Schmidt develop into something in the majors. I don't want these guys to get the Joba and Hughes treatment here for the sake of the vets.


Usually not the Yankees way. Are those kids ready fir the big stage?
Image
Polk377
Head Coach
Posts: 6,535
And1: 3,013
Joined: Apr 19, 2002
Location: Medford, NY
         

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1410 » by Polk377 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 8:03 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:
They’re okay getting destroyed for the Dodgers as long as they make the playoffs. Stupid ass Yankees getting jealous of the Rays when the Rays are jealous of us

Yankees have too much young pitching depth to stay tied to Tanaka. I would rather let Devi or Schmidt develop into something in the majors. I don't want these guys to get the Joba and Hughes treatment here for the sake of the vets.


Usually not the Yankees way. Are those kids ready fir the big stage?

Who know but this is New York. You either sink or swim. Only way to find out is throwing them into the deep end.
KnicksGadfly
General Manager
Posts: 8,579
And1: 4,935
Joined: Jul 29, 2007
Location: Rent Free
   

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1411 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Jan 4, 2021 8:55 pm

Polk377 wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:They have a few millions to spend this off-season and I guess they want to use it all on DJ.

I really hate teams being picky with spending money because of some tax threshold.


They’re okay getting destroyed for the Dodgers as long as they make the playoffs. Stupid ass Yankees getting jealous of the Rays when the Rays are jealous of us

Yankees have too much young pitching depth to stay tied to Tanaka. I would rather let Devi or Schmidt develop into something in the majors. I don't want these guys to get the Joba and Hughes treatment here for the sake of the vets.


I don't buy that. First, we need as much pitching as we can get. Beyond Cole, who do we trust? Severino? German? Montgomery? All with question marks. Someone's gonna get hurt. Someone's gonna fall apart. Second, the Yankees have never let that reason stop them. Hell, we've been rolling out Brett Gardner these past few years.

We just cheapasses now. Friggin Hal probably jealous of the Red Sox and the Rays. Priority 1 is to make money. Priority 2 is to trick fans that the Yankees want to contend by getting us into the playoffs via wild card if necessary.
Commander of the Dallas Tank!

The mission: to end false narratives about the Knicks

Example of Fake Narratives:
-The Melo era should be celebrated
-Phil Jackson was a good GM
-Randle could be good as a third option

2020 Draft Bandwagon:
Kira, Tyrell
knicks94
Analyst
Posts: 3,302
And1: 982
Joined: Apr 01, 2010

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1412 » by knicks94 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 8:57 pm

Would rather have Tanaka back than have the Yankees sign Chris Archer.
Polk377
Head Coach
Posts: 6,535
And1: 3,013
Joined: Apr 19, 2002
Location: Medford, NY
         

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1413 » by Polk377 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 9:42 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:
They’re okay getting destroyed for the Dodgers as long as they make the playoffs. Stupid ass Yankees getting jealous of the Rays when the Rays are jealous of us

Yankees have too much young pitching depth to stay tied to Tanaka. I would rather let Devi or Schmidt develop into something in the majors. I don't want these guys to get the Joba and Hughes treatment here for the sake of the vets.


I don't buy that. First, we need as much pitching as we can get. Beyond Cole, who do we trust? Severino? German? Montgomery? All with question marks. Someone's gonna get hurt. Someone's gonna fall apart. Second, the Yankees have never let that reason stop them. Hell, we've been rolling out Brett Gardner these past few years.

We just cheapasses now. Friggin Hal probably jealous of the Red Sox and the Rays. Priority 1 is to make money. Priority 2 is to trick fans that the Yankees want to contend by getting us into the playoffs via wild card if necessary.

Unless they are making a big splash like signing Bauer they should invest in the youth and actually build a competent staff like Tampa Bay. They can let a Archer or Snell go every year because they invest into their arms and have a next man up approach. I am tired of bringing in the Happs of the world as fill ins when we could be giving one of these prospects a chance. Garcia, King, Schmidt, German, Abreu, Montgomery, Gil, Vizcaino, Medina, make it work with these guys.
User avatar
damedash09
Analyst
Posts: 3,512
And1: 1,346
Joined: Feb 11, 2011

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1414 » by damedash09 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 7:09 pm

They can resign DJ now

Or do something or is the team broke
Papi_swav
Head Coach
Posts: 6,186
And1: 2,472
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1415 » by Papi_swav » Thu Jan 7, 2021 7:56 pm

The yanks are just standing pedestrian while the Mets get one of the best shortstops. I feel like we could of done better than the package then what the Mets gave for Lindor. What are they waiting for?
User avatar
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
Posts: 46,910
And1: 12,002
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: mgmt: caa

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1416 » by blueNorange » Thu Jan 7, 2021 8:00 pm

Papi_swav wrote:The yanks are just standing pedestrian while the Mets get one of the best shortstops. I feel like we could of done better than the package then what the Mets gave for Lindor. What are they waiting for?

just wait until the mets sign george springer.

Image
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Image
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Papi_swav
Head Coach
Posts: 6,186
And1: 2,472
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1417 » by Papi_swav » Thu Jan 7, 2021 8:04 pm

blueNorange wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:The yanks are just standing pedestrian while the Mets get one of the best shortstops. I feel like we could of done better than the package then what the Mets gave for Lindor. What are they waiting for?

just wait until the mets sign george springer.

Image

hey but we got greg Allen Woohooo ! I been praying for him *sarcasm
User avatar
SelbyCobra
Head Coach
Posts: 7,376
And1: 11,449
Joined: May 25, 2011

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1418 » by SelbyCobra » Thu Jan 7, 2021 8:40 pm

Papi_swav wrote:The yanks are just standing pedestrian while the Mets get one of the best shortstops. I feel like we could of done better than the package then what the Mets gave for Lindor. What are they waiting for?


Definitely frustrating seeing the Yankees so willing to stand around, but this is a little different for the Mets. They're a sub-.500 team looking to make a big splash. Lindor is a face of the franchise type that's going to light up NYC with his smile and personality - and glove.

If the Yankees got in on this it would have been as a major defensive upgrade on Gleyber, but on a $250-$300M contract, which doesn't make a TON of sense. I guess they could've acquired Lindor and then used Gleyber as a massive trade chip, but that's also kind of clunky - it increases payroll immensely, but actual production only a bit.

I think the move was an absolute grand slam for the Mets. It fit them and their needs perfectly. Hopefully the Yankees wake up and use a little creativity to improve the team in the areas where it obviously needs it.
Image
User avatar
GEOLINK
General Manager
Posts: 8,209
And1: 6,674
Joined: Mar 16, 2014
       

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1419 » by GEOLINK » Fri Jan 8, 2021 2:07 am

Feels good to have an alpha of an owner in NYC again.

Not like the pussy Steinbrenner kids that run the Yankees.

I'll be rooting for Cohen to stick it to the Yankees as long as Hal wants to be 2nd in the city.

It's a bonus he's actually a fan of the team and not some entitled brat that got to inherit the biggest team in all of sports and turn them into a small market team.
blue and orange
Analyst
Posts: 3,318
And1: 672
Joined: Nov 06, 2012
     

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1420 » by blue and orange » Fri Jan 8, 2021 2:47 pm

GEOLINK wrote:Feels good to have an alpha of an owner in NYC again.

Not like the pussy Steinbrenner kids that run the Yankees.

I'll be rooting for Cohen to stick it to the Yankees as long as Hal wants to be 2nd in the city.

It's a bonus he's actually a fan of the team and not some entitled brat that got to inherit the biggest team in all of sports and turn them into a small market team.


George is rolling in his grave. Out of all the NY teams I gotta say Yankees are the most boring and most frustrating, reason I say frustrating is because its the Yankees and they have all the resources, yeah you expect the Jets and Knicks to make bad deals, hell I give them credit for trying to make big splashes at least they got balls, not the Yankees, unless its a contract that cripples their future like the Ellsbury deal and Stanton contract.

Return to New York Knicks