ImageImageImageImageImage

New York Yankees Thread

Moderators: K-DOT, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Jeff Van Gully, mrpoetryNmotion, mpharris36, NoLayupRule, King of Canada, GONYK

Polk377
Head Coach
Posts: 6,868
And1: 3,301
Joined: Apr 19, 2002
Location: Medford, NY
         

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1761 » by Polk377 » Tue May 4, 2021 11:15 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Meet The Best Pitcher in MLB :D



Meet the guy so boring he can't motivate his team to score more than 1 run a game for him....... :lol:
User avatar
GEOLINK
General Manager
Posts: 8,882
And1: 7,385
Joined: Mar 16, 2014
       

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1762 » by GEOLINK » Tue May 4, 2021 11:47 pm

Read on Twitter


Inject this into my veins!!!
KnicksGadfly
General Manager
Posts: 8,923
And1: 5,339
Joined: Jul 29, 2007
Location: Rent Free
   

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1763 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue May 4, 2021 11:49 pm

GEOLINK wrote:
Read on Twitter


Inject this into my veins!!!


Imagine if we hadn’t had a pandemic? Hope Altuve’s HOF chances get derailed to hell
Commander of the Dallas Tank!

The mission: to end false narratives about the Knicks

Example of Fake Narratives:
-The Melo era should be celebrated
-Phil Jackson was a good GM
User avatar
BKlutch
RealGM
Posts: 12,103
And1: 8,323
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1764 » by BKlutch » Wed May 5, 2021 12:12 am

KnicksGadfly wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:
Read on Twitter


Inject this into my veins!!!


Imagine if we hadn’t had a pandemic? Hope Altuve’s HOF chances get derailed to hell

Can Altuve get **** in hell, too?
.
.
_______________
In 1 year: From 21 to 41!
blue and orange
Analyst
Posts: 3,372
And1: 701
Joined: Nov 06, 2012
     

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1765 » by blue and orange » Wed May 5, 2021 1:27 am

Odor is definitely gonna be missing some time now, you gotta slide there.
User avatar
SelbyCobra
General Manager
Posts: 7,877
And1: 13,464
Joined: May 25, 2011

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1766 » by SelbyCobra » Wed May 5, 2021 4:10 am

Image
Image
Butch718
RealGM
Posts: 11,434
And1: 5,042
Joined: Mar 13, 2012
     

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1767 » by Butch718 » Wed May 5, 2021 11:40 am

Stanton quietly having a solid season so far.

.297 BA and 10 game hitting streak. The homeruns should come in bunches once the weather stays consistently warm.
KnicksGadfly
General Manager
Posts: 8,923
And1: 5,339
Joined: Jul 29, 2007
Location: Rent Free
   

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1768 » by KnicksGadfly » Wed May 5, 2021 11:46 am

BKlutch wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:
Read on Twitter


Inject this into my veins!!!


Imagine if we hadn’t had a pandemic? Hope Altuve’s HOF chances get derailed to hell

Can Altuve get **** in hell, too?


Lol I won’t go that far but his numbers are curiously lower without the extra help
Commander of the Dallas Tank!

The mission: to end false narratives about the Knicks

Example of Fake Narratives:
-The Melo era should be celebrated
-Phil Jackson was a good GM
User avatar
GEOLINK
General Manager
Posts: 8,882
And1: 7,385
Joined: Mar 16, 2014
       

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1769 » by GEOLINK » Wed May 5, 2021 2:09 pm

I loved the fans chanting MVP during Judge’s first at-bat.

Rightfully so, he got f*cking robbed. Then we find out the little f*ck was cheating all along.
User avatar
Appleshampoo
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,274
And1: 283
Joined: Sep 27, 2008
     

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1770 » by Appleshampoo » Thu May 6, 2021 12:53 am

Hicks is terrible... Cashman won't admit it.
User avatar
SelbyCobra
General Manager
Posts: 7,877
And1: 13,464
Joined: May 25, 2011

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1771 » by SelbyCobra » Thu May 6, 2021 3:51 am

Image
Image
User avatar
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
Posts: 8,730
And1: 5,736
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Location: New York
   

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1772 » by xNewYorkMadex » Thu May 6, 2021 8:08 am

Wish our fans can make up their fkn mind about the team.

We bash the fk out of this team when they struggle and constantly say they choke during the playoffs, but then also say we got robbed in 2017 ( which is a fact), and 2019 ( which isn’t a fact, but widely speculated that buzzers were used against us, & let’s face it, who the fk hits a walkoff hr to send their team to the WS and the first thing you think of rounding 3rd is protecting your shirt and not celebrating like crazy).

Feel like we need to support the team more and just stfu w/ the booing of our own. Either you think this team has underperformed the last several years and lost fair and square each time during the playoffs since 2017, or you genuinely believe they got screwed at least twice since 2017, maybe even 3 since Boston also had shady shyt going on in 2018 ( but I personally don’t count that tbh). Can’t have it both ways.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
User avatar
ccvle
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,811
And1: 1,278
Joined: Aug 03, 2002

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1773 » by ccvle » Thu May 6, 2021 11:02 am

xNewYorkMadex wrote:Wish our fans can make up their fkn mind about the team.

We bash the fk out of this team when they struggle and constantly say they choke during the playoffs, but then also say we got robbed in 2017 ( which is a fact), and 2019 ( which isn’t a fact, but widely speculated that buzzers were used against us, & let’s face it, who the fk hits a walkoff hr to send their team to the WS and the first thing you think of rounding 3rd is protecting your shirt and not celebrating like crazy).

Feel like we need to support the team more and just stfu w/ the booing of our own. Either you think this team has underperformed the last several years and lost fair and square each time during the playoffs since 2017, or you genuinely believe they got screwed at least twice since 2017, maybe even 3 since Boston also had shady shyt going on in 2018 ( but I personally don’t count that tbh). Can’t have it both ways.


More people post here complaining when the team was losing than cheering for them when they are winning....
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 47,054
And1: 40,747
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: NYCAA Wildcats

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1774 » by thebuzzardman » Thu May 6, 2021 2:08 pm

Stanton about to get injured and be out for 3 months.

You know it's about to happen.
Image
Ray Williams
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,419
And1: 1,039
Joined: Aug 13, 2001

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1775 » by Ray Williams » Thu May 6, 2021 2:28 pm

Polk377 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Meet The Best Pitcher in MLB :D



Meet the guy so boring he can't motivate his team to score more than 1 run a game for him....... :lol:


Meet the pitcher that will follow Gooden and Cone’s footsteps and opt out after 2022 and sign with the Yankees.
User avatar
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
Posts: 8,730
And1: 5,736
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Location: New York
   

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1776 » by xNewYorkMadex » Thu May 6, 2021 5:33 pm

ccvle wrote:
xNewYorkMadex wrote:Wish our fans can make up their fkn mind about the team.

We bash the fk out of this team when they struggle and constantly say they choke during the playoffs, but then also say we got robbed in 2017 ( which is a fact), and 2019 ( which isn’t a fact, but widely speculated that buzzers were used against us, & let’s face it, who the fk hits a walkoff hr to send their team to the WS and the first thing you think of rounding 3rd is protecting your shirt and not celebrating like crazy).

Feel like we need to support the team more and just stfu w/ the booing of our own. Either you think this team has underperformed the last several years and lost fair and square each time during the playoffs since 2017, or you genuinely believe they got screwed at least twice since 2017, maybe even 3 since Boston also had shady shyt going on in 2018 ( but I personally don’t count that tbh). Can’t have it both ways.


More people post here complaining when the team was losing than cheering for them when they are winning....

I find that’s pretty common & not mad at that since you tend to want to vent out frustrations after a loss.

But idk, I feel our fan base has been embarrassing more than ever. Love the crowd the last 2 days, just giving it to the Astros w chants you only really hear in NY. That’s how we’re supposed to do it.

But I just see a lot of hypocritical fans and it’s bothersome. Makes no sense how you think this team has underachieved for years while also believing they got screwed by the Astros, can’t have both.

And with regarding Stanton, this man was going crazy in the playoffs last yr, and I see people saying “ well he didn’t finish the job in game 5” Get real. Booing him like crazy to start the yr and now slobbering all over him. Feels like our fans are miserable at their own lives and taking it out on our OWN players for whatever reason.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
knicks94
Analyst
Posts: 3,641
And1: 1,387
Joined: Apr 01, 2010

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1777 » by knicks94 » Thu May 6, 2021 7:44 pm

Can the Yankees trust Chad Green in a close game? He just allowed that midget to put the Yankees behind.
User avatar
damedash09
Analyst
Posts: 3,534
And1: 1,363
Joined: Feb 11, 2011

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1778 » by damedash09 » Thu May 6, 2021 7:50 pm

Zero reason to take cole out

At 97 pitches let him go batter by batter
blue and orange
Analyst
Posts: 3,372
And1: 701
Joined: Nov 06, 2012
     

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1779 » by blue and orange » Thu May 6, 2021 7:51 pm

knicks94 wrote:Can the Yankees trust Chad Green in a close game? He just allowed that midget to put the Yankees behind.


Can’t trust the lineup either. Britton is needed in that spot. Good lineups will expose Green, in a tight spot.
blue and orange
Analyst
Posts: 3,372
And1: 701
Joined: Nov 06, 2012
     

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1780 » by blue and orange » Thu May 6, 2021 7:53 pm

damedash09 wrote:Zero reason to take cole out

At 97 pitches let him go batter by batter


After he threw 87 pitches in his last start. This is where the fans should be frustrated with the Yankees the micromanaging willing to have Cole throw over 100 pitches in other starts then pulling him in this kind of game with a 1 run lead.

Return to New York Knicks