ImageImageImageImageImage

New York Yankees Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

damedash09
Analyst
And1: 1,461

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1781 » by damedash09 » Thu May 6, 2021 7:57 pm

Yeah I mean this a game you let your ace take care of it and hand the ball to Chapman

He gave up 2 Homers To alvarez , but otherwise was solid
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,966

Post#1782 » by knicks94 » Thu May 6, 2021 8:09 pm

blue and orange wrote:
knicks94 wrote:Can the Yankees trust Chad Green in a close game? He just allowed that midget to put the Yankees behind.

Can’t trust the lineup either. Britton is needed in that spot. Good lineups will expose Green, in a tight spot.

Yeah! This was a statement series and Green crapped the bed.
damedash09
Analyst

Post#1783 » by damedash09 » Thu May 6, 2021 8:14 pm

Wilson hasn't has one clean inning since coming back here

Cut him
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,574

Post#1784 » by Butch718 » Thu May 6, 2021 8:14 pm

Nice baserunning by Torres.
Butch718
RealGM

Post#1785 » by Butch718 » Thu May 6, 2021 8:15 pm

This should have been the gimme game with Cole on the mound. SMFH.
damedash09
Analyst

Post#1786 » by damedash09 » Thu May 6, 2021 8:17 pm

Butch718 wrote:This should have been the gimme game with Cole on the mound. SMFH.

When you pull your ace after 7 for no reason

97 pitches ..cole could have pitched more

Loss is on boone
Butch718
RealGM

Post#1787 » by Butch718 » Thu May 6, 2021 8:24 pm

Boone sucks. He has no feel for the game. Then again, they don't really allow managers to do that anymore.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,635

Post#1788 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri May 7, 2021 5:51 am

Ray Williams wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Meet The Best Pitcher in MLB :D

Meet the guy so boring he can't motivate his team to score more than 1 run a game for him....... :lol:

Meet the pitcher that will follow Gooden and Cone’s footsteps and opt out after 2022 and sign with the Yankees.

Sig bet? :D
Free Palestine
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,990

Post#1789 » by NYKinMIA » Fri May 7, 2021 4:55 pm

Fuqing Altuve.

I hate that fuqing leprechaun looking muthafuqka.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Post#1790 » by GEOLINK » Fri May 7, 2021 6:13 pm

xNewYorkMadex wrote:Wish our fans can make up their fkn mind about the team.

We bash the fk out of this team when they struggle and constantly say they choke during the playoffs, but then also say we got robbed in 2017 ( which is a fact), and 2019 ( which isn’t a fact, but widely speculated that buzzers were used against us, & let’s face it, who the fk hits a walkoff hr to send their team to the WS and the first thing you think of rounding 3rd is protecting your shirt and not celebrating like crazy).

Feel like we need to support the team more and just stfu w/ the booing of our own. Either you think this team has underperformed the last several years and lost fair and square each time during the playoffs since 2017, or you genuinely believe they got screwed at least twice since 2017, maybe even 3 since Boston also had shady shyt going on in 2018 ( but I personally don’t count that tbh). Can’t have it both ways.

This is true for literally every fanbase though. :lol:

We're all guilty of reactionary takes, it is what it is.
ccvle
Head Coach
And1: 1,712

Post#1791 » by ccvle » Sat May 8, 2021 7:07 pm

I can't stand how the Yankees down play Sanchez struggles the past three years. Just move the fk on. Each time he hits a home run, it is a "sign" that he's breaking out. I'm sick of it. Some players like Stanton has a long track record that you know any .150 slump is likely temporary. To me , Sanchez doesn't have that track record to give him the benefits of doubt

https://nypost.com/2021/05/08/gary-sanchez-backs-up-yankees-confidence-with-home-run/
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,139

Post#1792 » by KnicksGadfly » Sat May 8, 2021 7:21 pm

ccvle wrote:

We bash the fk out of this team when they struggle and constantly say they choke during the playoffs, but then also say we got robbed in 2017 ( which is a fact), and 2019 ( which isn’t a fact, but widely speculated that buzzers were used against us, & let’s face it, who the fk hits a walkoff hr to send their team to the WS and the first thing you think of rounding 3rd is protecting your shirt and not celebrating like crazy).

Feel like we need to support the team more and just stfu w/ the booing of our own. Either you think this team has underperformed the last several years and lost fair and square each time during the playoffs since 2017, or you genuinely believe they got screwed at least twice since 2017, maybe even 3 since Boston also had shady shyt going on in 2018 ( but I personally don’t count that tbh). Can’t have it both ways.

More people post here complaining when the team was losing than cheering for them when they are winning....

So I got a few rebuttals to this.

1) 2017 and 2019 were a long time ago. Let's take 2019. We still had CC back then. Andujar was starting. Brett was starting and not old. Greg Bird was at third. Sanchez's stock was still high. Very convenient of you to ignore all other years. You should write for the New York Post.

2) Lol, you satisfied with this winning streak? Here's what I expect from the Yankees, based on what I assess from ownership's sense of urgency. We will make the playoffs. Wild card or division, it doesn't matter, we'll make it. We're going to pray we get lucky during the postseason. We're going to save a ton of money. Cashman will pat himself on the back. Hal will say it's not a failed season...actually, it's a pretty successful one.

And yea, I'm not going to feel bad about my higher standards for the Yankees. I grew up with a Yankees team where we didn't feel grateful for a winning streak during the regular season. I grew up with a Yankees team that was built around dominance and the tradition of winning. I remember Jeter running into the stands against the Red Sox with blood pouring out. Can you honestly say that this is remotely close to the same damn Yankees team? It's not. You can support that and pretend to cheer, but Mariano Rivera never needed the cheers of the fans to perform. He just did his same job over and over again. That was the expectation. Excellence.

NYC is the best place to win, but it's also a city that doesn't tolerate half-ass effort. And ownership is giving half-ass effort. The team is what it is. Starting pitching is a dice roll, and of course, the Yankees are just going to hope Cole pitches 3 times in a 7 game series. We get smacked by the Rays...shrug the shoulders. Underdogs against the Dodgers if we go to the World Series...shrug the shoulders. High fives all around everyone.
ccvle
Head Coach

Post#1793 » by ccvle » Sat May 8, 2021 7:35 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
ccvle wrote:

More people post here complaining when the team was losing than cheering for them when they are winning....

So I got a few rebuttals to this.

1) 2017 and 2019 were a long time ago. Let's take 2019. We still had CC back then. Andujar was starting. Brett was starting and not old. Greg Bird was at third. Sanchez's stock was still high. Very convenient of you to ignore all other years. You should write for the New York Post.

2) Lol, you satisfied with this winning streak? Here's what I expect from the Yankees, based on what I assess from ownership's sense of urgency. We will make the playoffs. Wild card or division, it doesn't matter, we'll make it. We're going to pray we get lucky during the postseason. We're going to save a ton of money. Cashman will pat himself on the back. Hal will say it's not a failed season...actually, it's a pretty successful one.

And yea, I'm not going to feel bad about my higher standards for the Yankees. I grew up with a Yankees team where we didn't feel grateful for a winning streak during the regular season. I grew up with a Yankees team that was built around dominance and the tradition of winning. I remember Jeter running into the stands against the Red Sox with blood pouring out. Can you honestly say that this is the same damn Yankees team? It's not. You can support that and pretend to cheer, but Mariano Rivera never needed the cheers of the fans to perform. He just did his same job over and over again.

NYC is the best place to win, but it's also a city that doesn't tolerate half-ass effort. And ownership is giving half-ass effort.

My post was more toward people that was freaking out with the slow star earlier. It was meaning less statics to bring up that we had the worst start in 30 years when we played like 15 games. Do I think we have a championship caliber team? Do I think front office has done it's part to bring us a championship? Those are different conversations on another day.
ccvle
Head Coach

Post#1794 » by ccvle » Sat May 8, 2021 7:51 pm

I wonder if Scherzer would become available later in the summer.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1795 » by GEOLINK » Sat May 8, 2021 9:12 pm

ccvle wrote:I wonder if Scherzer would become available later in the summer.

If he is you know Cashman ain’t gonna be willing to deal whatever has to be dealt with to get him.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,010

Post#1796 » by blue and orange » Sat May 8, 2021 9:53 pm

Definetly not the Nats will be in the playoff race all year long, even if he somehow did I could see the Yankees losing in the playoffs in 1-0, 2-1 type of games, lineup is the biggest concern in a close game.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1797 » by GEOLINK » Sun May 9, 2021 3:58 am

I don't know how the hell we pulled off that win but we did lmao

Baseball is unpredictable.

I thought the manager was wrong in taking Max out, he could've easily went 9 the way he was making the Yankees look.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1798 » by GEOLINK » Sun May 9, 2021 4:00 am

Looking forward to Voit coming back cause Ford/Andujar ain't it.
knicks94
Lead Assistant

Post#1799 » by knicks94 » Sun May 9, 2021 3:54 pm

GEOLINK wrote:

If he is you know Cashman ain’t gonna be willing to deal whatever has to be dealt with to get him.

Cashman is just going to shut everyone up by stating that the Nationals wanted Gleyber in the deal.
knicks94
Lead Assistant

Post#1800 » by knicks94 » Sun May 9, 2021 7:27 pm

The Yankees need to shake up their coaching staff by firing Marcus Thames! Look at how well the Mets responded after they fired their coaches.

Return to New York Knicks