ImageImageImageImageImage

New York Yankees Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,314

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1941 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:50 am

While the Yankees are buying, could they perhaps sell Sanchez, Hicks, Stanton and Gardner?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,694

Post#1942 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:22 am

thebuzzardman wrote:While the Yankees are buying, could they perhaps sell Sanchez, Hicks, Stanton and Gardner?

You'll have to add minor league talent ... or just eat your losses like back in "The Good Ol' Days of George."

My friendly suggestion is to bring Buck Showalter down from the broadcaster booth, as originally conceived. Maybe it's as President of Baseball Operations or as Manager. For right now, I would suggest the later.
Free Palestine
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1943 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:20 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:While the Yankees are buying, could they perhaps sell Sanchez, Hicks, Stanton and Gardner?

You'll have to add minor league talent ... or just eat your losses like back in "The Good Ol' Days of George."

My friendly suggestion is to bring Buck Showalter down from the broadcaster booth, as originally conceived. Maybe it's as President of Baseball Operations or as Manager. For right now, I would suggest the later.

Showalter is good but overrated. There's a reason he got fired a few times. His strident personality is good for building up a team when the players are young but vets will tune him out. Boone might not be that good or a puppet for the Analytics Masters, but not sure Buck is the answer.

Glad the Yanks kicked him to the curb in favor of Joe Torre, back when.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1944 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:00 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Showalter is good but overrated. There's a reason he got fired a few times. His strident personality is good for building up a team when the players are young but vets will tune him out. Boone might not be that good or a puppet for the Analytics Masters, but not sure Buck is the answer.

Glad the Yanks kicked him to the curb in favor of Joe Torre, back when.

It was the right move at the time. But you’d never get to Torre and those rings without Showalter and Stick. He’s in the booth for a reason.
Free Palestine
isiah_thomas
Analyst
And1: 1,154

Post#1945 » by isiah_thomas » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:18 pm

Ending the game making a triple play. Wild
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Post#1946 » by GEOLINK » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:07 pm

isiah_thomas wrote:Ending the game making a triple play. Wild

We got three of them this year! Could've been four but it got overturned on a replay.

What a crazy f*cking season.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,012

Post#1947 » by blue and orange » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:32 pm

Urshela has the clutch gene, definitely a lucky break though as his foot was practically on 3rd base. Amazingly only 4.5 GB, not getting my hopes up though. Best team usually doesn't win it all so got that going in our favor :lol: .
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#1948 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:37 am

Yankees blow yet another late inning lead. This team is such trash. Cashman and Boone need to be fired now!
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1949 » by GEOLINK » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:46 am

Nothing this team does get me excited lol

I was actually having a laugh at Chapman blowing it.

The team is still homerun or bust which will cost us when it doesn't work in the Playoffs, IF they even get there.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1950 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:59 am

VirginiaKnickFan wrote:Yankees blow yet another late inning lead. This team is such trash. Cashman and Boone need to be fired now!

And hire who?

I don't know what you think about Showalter, he's a great manager/baseball man, but whatever you think the organization turned it around during his tenure with Stick Michael. They built the foundation for Torre's WS rings. As a result, I think he knows what it takes having lived through it previously. Certainly, there's nothing special, at least IMO, about Boone as a manager. But re Cashman, you've at least won with him. A lot, in fact. I'd get rid of Boone just to shake things up for now but I think you bring Showalter in as a consultant (and interim manager) and come up with a plan to proceed forward.
Free Palestine
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1951 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:05 am

You can always tell when the Yankees lose by seeing another Wingo post in here. Quite the dbag behavior!
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,116

Post#1952 » by blueNorange » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:07 pm

VirginiaKnickFan wrote:Yankees blow yet another late inning lead. This team is such trash. Cashman and Boone need to be fired now!

you do know a 100 win team still loses 62 times, right?
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,968

Post#1953 » by knicks94 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:41 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:You can always tell when the Yankees lose by seeing another Wingo post in here. Quite the dbag behavior!

It is pathetic how the Mets can only make the playoffs during years in which the rest of the teams in their division suck.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1954 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:03 am

Gary Sanchez skipping the HR Derby

Free Palestine
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,347

Post#1955 » by Phish Tank » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:45 pm

If George was alive, everyone would be fired right about now or in tears.
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#1956 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:23 pm

Phish Tank wrote:If George was alive, everyone would be fired right about now or in tears.

Hal and Hank only care about the bottom line making money, while worrying about the cap. The team is a complete mess and nothing Cashman does at the trading deadline is going to fix it.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1957 » by GEOLINK » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:31 pm

VirginiaKnickFan wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:If George was alive, everyone would be fired right about now or in tears.

Hal and Hank only care about the bottom line making money, while worrying about the cap. The team is a complete mess and nothing Cashman does at the trading deadline is going to fix it.

Looking forward to Cashman sleeping through the deadline again or trading future talent to win now.

No amount of trades is worth salvaging this season and this core especially. This team is cooked.

They should be sellers and trading anyone they can from the major league team.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1958 » by GEOLINK » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:40 pm

Aaron Boone is the baseball version of David Fizdale.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#1959 » by moocow007 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:09 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:

And hire who?

I don't know what you think about Showalter, he's a great manager/baseball man, but whatever you think the organization turned it around during his tenure with Stick Michael. They built the foundation for Torre's WS rings. As a result, I think he knows what it takes having lived through it previously. Certainly, there's nothing special, at least IMO, about Boone as a manager. But re Cashman, you've at least won with him. A lot, in fact. I'd get rid of Boone just to shake things up for now but I think you bring Showalter in as a consultant (and interim manager) and come up with a plan to proceed forward.

The problem with this organization is at the top. Hal Steinbrenner is King of the Half Bake. He doesn't want to fully embrace his cheapness and being called out for it by the fanbase so he throws just enough money to avoid that but he's not willing to do what it takes to really buy his way to a title.

But since you can't trade or fire an owner the only options you have are to find someone that can do better given your half in half out ways. Cashman has done well record wise as a GM. But he did most of that while given an unlimited budget and relatively little competition from big spending clubs. But now with a lot more teams willing to spend big and one of his hands tied behind his back I think it's showing that he's really not that great a GM. As far as Aaron Boone? A manager is given what he's given but a measure of his ability as a manager is how much blood he can wring from the stone he's given. Boone has pretty much failed to show that he can do anything more than any number of guys could. For the Yankees that's just not enough.

I would suggest looking to replace one of the two if not both. Manager is easier especially in the Yankees situation.

Bring Showalter in and see if his gruff, manipulative, demanding managerial style can snap this team back to life. If that fails then you know it may be the players and this team that is put together and well...next up in the firing line...
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,116

Post#1960 » by blueNorange » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:54 pm

moocow007 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

And hire who?

The problem with this organization is at the top. Hal Steinbrenner is King of the Half Bake. He doesn't want to fully embrace his cheapness and being called out for it by the fanbase so he throws just enough money to avoid that but he's not willing to do what it takes to really buy his way to a title.

But since you can't trade or fire an owner the only options you have are to find someone that can do better given your half in half out ways. Cashman has done well record wise as a GM. But he did most of that while given an unlimited budget and relatively little competition from big spending clubs. But now with a lot more teams willing to spend big and one of his hands tied behind his back I think it's showing that he's really not that great a GM. As far as Aaron Boone? A manager is given what he's given but a measure of his ability as a manager is how much blood he can wring from the stone he's given. Boone has pretty much failed to show that he can do anything more than any number of guys could. For the Yankees that's just not enough.

I would suggest looking to replace one of the two if not both. Manager is easier especially in the Yankees situation.

Bring Showalter in and see if his gruff, manipulative, demanding managerial style can snap this team back to life. If that fails then you know it may be the players and this team that is put together and well...next up in the firing line...

lol @ calling hal cheap when they have 2 guys with 300m contracts and the 2nd highest payroll in baseball.

you just want buy everyone don't you like the good ol days. :lol:
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.

Return to New York Knicks