ImageImageImageImageImage

New York Yankees Thread

Moderators: King of Canada, GONYK, K-DOT, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Jeff Van Gully, mrpoetryNmotion, mpharris36, NoLayupRule

User avatar
knickabocker88
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,812
And1: 1,260
Joined: Jul 01, 2008

Re: New York Yankees Thread III: 2020 Baseball Season Begins 

Post#401 » by knickabocker88 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:20 pm

Yankees doing Clint worse than the Knicks did to Frank.

I'm tired of Brett Gardner, Cashman thinks he's Paul O'Neill
User avatar
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
Posts: 33,686
And1: 11,256
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
       

Re: New York Yankees Thread III: 2020 Baseball Season Begins 

Post#402 » by Rich Rane » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:24 pm

Stole that, but I'll take it.

EDIT: 2 wins for this Yankees fan today.
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/president-donald-trump-alters-plans-to-throw-out-first-pitch-at-yankees-game-during-2020-mlb-season/

Probably thought the pitcher's mound was too steep of a slope to go down.
Montmorencie
Ballboy
Posts: 12
And1: 2
Joined: Jul 07, 2020
       

Re: New York Yankees Thread III: 2020 Baseball Season Begins 

Post#403 » by Montmorencie » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:56 pm

DJ and Judge do not look like real bombers right now. They need to step up. Anyway, we played terribly and could have swept the champs. This team is promising.
Papi_swav
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,406
And1: 2,165
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: New York Yankees Thread III: 2020 Baseball Season Begins 

Post#404 » by Papi_swav » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:03 pm

yessss so happy the season is finally back. Stanton looking good, hope he stays hot for these 60 games. If we can all stay healthy for these 60 games we definitely should take it
User avatar
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
Posts: 33,686
And1: 11,256
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
       

Re: New York Yankees Thread III: 2020 Baseball Season Begins 

Post#405 » by Rich Rane » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:04 pm

Verlander out for the season with an elbow injury.
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 38,733
And1: 30,481
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: IGNOMANIA

Re: New York Yankees Thread III: 2020 Baseball Season Begins 

Post#406 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:47 pm

Rich Rane wrote:Stole that, but I'll take it.

EDIT: 2 wins for this Yankees fan today.
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/president-donald-trump-alters-plans-to-throw-out-first-pitch-at-yankees-game-during-2020-mlb-season/

Probably thought the pitcher's mound was too steep of a slope to go down.


Image
blue and orange
Analyst
Posts: 3,214
And1: 633
Joined: Nov 06, 2012
     

Re: New York Yankees Thread III: 2020 Baseball Season Begins 

Post#407 » by blue and orange » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:55 pm

Rich Rane wrote:Verlander out for the season with an elbow injury.


That report is now being disputed, its a strained forearm so he could be back this year, watch the Astros will shoot him up with roids by the time its the postseason, I will never trust those dirty ****.
Jump Shot
Analyst
Posts: 3,417
And1: 698
Joined: May 23, 2008
     

Re: New York Yankees Thread III: 2020 Baseball Season Begins 

Post#408 » by Jump Shot » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:19 am

Yankees are already striking out way too much and having lasagna be your starter on day three is a bit concerning.
Jump Shot
Analyst
Posts: 3,417
And1: 698
Joined: May 23, 2008
     

Re: New York Yankees Thread III: 2020 Baseball Season Begins 

Post#409 » by Jump Shot » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:20 am

knickabocker88 wrote:Yankees doing Clint worse than the Knicks did to Frank.

I'm tired of Brett Gardner, Cashman thinks he's Paul O'Neill

Also this, except Frank is trash.
KnicksGadfly
General Manager
Posts: 7,712
And1: 3,956
Joined: Jul 29, 2007
Location: Rent Free
   

Re: New York Yankees Thread III: 2020 Baseball Season Begins 

Post#410 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:13 am

knickabocker88 wrote:Yankees doing Clint worse than the Knicks did to Frank.

I'm tired of Brett Gardner, Cashman thinks he's Paul O'Neill


Brett is the **** yo! Don't hate.
The mission: to end false narratives about the Knicks

Example of Fake Narratives:
-The Melo era should be celebrated
-Phil Jackson was a good GM
-Randle could be good as a third option

2020 Draft Bandwagon:
Kira, Tyrell
User avatar
knickabocker88
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,812
And1: 1,260
Joined: Jul 01, 2008

Re: New York Yankees Thread III: 2020 Baseball Season Begins 

Post#411 » by knickabocker88 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:19 am

KnicksGadfly wrote:
knickabocker88 wrote:Yankees doing Clint worse than the Knicks did to Frank.

I'm tired of Brett Gardner, Cashman thinks he's Paul O'Neill


Brett is the **** yo! Don't hate.


Career .196 postseason hitter. .511 OPS. Even batted 3rd in a must win playoff game.

But he argues with Umps because he sucks = Leadership

Irrational Love/ Borderline Nepotism for players like Hicks and Gardner are the reason is the reason Yankees haven't won shyt for a decade.

This team is built for the regular season - DL, Gleyber and Judge can only carry so much. When you have 6 other blackholes.

The Likes of Gary and Luke Voit swinging on Sliders in the dirt are gonna lead the Yankees to the promise land.
User avatar
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
Posts: 33,686
And1: 11,256
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
       

Re: New York Yankees Thread III: 2020 Baseball Season Begins 

Post#412 » by Rich Rane » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:01 pm

Yankees games against Phillies postponed after multiple Marlins tested positive for COVID.
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 60,696
And1: 27,557
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: New York Yankees Thread III: 2020 Baseball Season Begins 

Post#413 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:39 pm

Rich Rane wrote:Yankees games against Phillies postponed after multiple Marlins tested positive for COVID.


Now that the regular season is over, who's in the playoffs?
Image
User avatar
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 91,815
And1: 18,504
Joined: Jan 07, 2002
Location: In front of the computer, where else?
       

Re: New York Yankees Thread III: 2020 Baseball Season Begins 

Post#414 » by moocow007 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:24 pm

It's pretty clear the Yankees front office doesn't like Frazier. If they don't, trade him. Why make everyone suffer?

Trade him to the Royals, the Rockies, the Pirates or some such team that actually need a bat and have openings in corner outfield or DH (DH available in NL this year and will be full time in 2022). Get prospects and international pool money back ($250,000 per trade so get the other team to make another trade involving some no name Yankee prospect going there for another $250,000 for a $500,000 total).

Frazier in the thin air of Coors could be going crazy with 40+ homers easy with that swing of his and he'd be a blast there with him and Blackmon manning the corners. Be a huge fan draw with Rockies fans (especially when he let's his hair grow and grows a big red beard lol). And the Yankees likely won't ever play him again except that rare interleague game here or there with the Rockies. The Rockies don't have the greatest prospects (one of the worst farm systems in baseball actually with the lower ceiling players) so it would take them emptying out even more of their top prospects.

The Pirates OTOH has a real good farm system so they may be able to offer more of what would entice the Yankees. Same sell, elite bat, a guy that has the eye popping bat and personality to draw fans which for the Pirates is something they desperately need.
hsnd
Sophomore
Posts: 113
And1: 51
Joined: Dec 28, 2013

Re: New York Yankees Thread III: 2020 Baseball Season Begins 

Post#415 » by hsnd » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:26 am

moocow007 wrote:It's pretty clear the Yankees front office doesn't like Frazier. If they don't, trade him. Why make everyone suffer?

Trade him to the Royals, the Rockies, the Pirates or some such team that actually need a bat and have openings in corner outfield or DH (DH available in NL this year and will be full time in 2022). Get prospects and international pool money back ($250,000 per trade so get the other team to make another trade involving some no name Yankee prospect going there for another $250,000 for a $500,000 total).

Frazier in the thin air of Coors could be going crazy with 40+ homers easy with that swing of his and he'd be a blast there with him and Blackmon manning the corners. Be a huge fan draw with Rockies fans (especially when he let's his hair grow and grows a big red beard lol). And the Yankees likely won't ever play him again except that rare interleague game here or there with the Rockies. The Rockies don't have the greatest prospects (one of the worst farm systems in baseball actually with the lower ceiling players) so it would take them emptying out even more of their top prospects.

The Pirates OTOH has a real good farm system so they may be able to offer more of what would entice the Yankees. Same sell, elite bat, a guy that has the eye popping bat and personality to draw fans which for the Pirates is something they desperately need.


he's out of minor league options after this season. For a 60 game season, who is willing to trade for a mediocre outfielder? yankee fans overvalue this guy way too much. the fact of the matter is, frazier isn't all that good.
Jump Shot
Analyst
Posts: 3,417
And1: 698
Joined: May 23, 2008
     

Re: New York Yankees Thread III: 2020 Baseball Season Begins 

Post#416 » by Jump Shot » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:55 pm

Frazier is better than Brett though.

Also, I despise Gary Sanchez.
User avatar
Buttah304
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,250
And1: 1,191
Joined: Feb 09, 2011

Re: New York Yankees Thread III: 2020 Baseball Season Begins 

Post#417 » by Buttah304 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:47 am

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a SP get more furious about giving up a run than Cole. He seems genuinely disgusted. Guy is all fire.
User avatar
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 91,815
And1: 18,504
Joined: Jan 07, 2002
Location: In front of the computer, where else?
       

Re: New York Yankees Thread III: 2020 Baseball Season Begins 

Post#418 » by moocow007 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:11 pm

hsnd wrote:
moocow007 wrote:It's pretty clear the Yankees front office doesn't like Frazier. If they don't, trade him. Why make everyone suffer?

Trade him to the Royals, the Rockies, the Pirates or some such team that actually need a bat and have openings in corner outfield or DH (DH available in NL this year and will be full time in 2022). Get prospects and international pool money back ($250,000 per trade so get the other team to make another trade involving some no name Yankee prospect going there for another $250,000 for a $500,000 total).

Frazier in the thin air of Coors could be going crazy with 40+ homers easy with that swing of his and he'd be a blast there with him and Blackmon manning the corners. Be a huge fan draw with Rockies fans (especially when he let's his hair grow and grows a big red beard lol). And the Yankees likely won't ever play him again except that rare interleague game here or there with the Rockies. The Rockies don't have the greatest prospects (one of the worst farm systems in baseball actually with the lower ceiling players) so it would take them emptying out even more of their top prospects.

The Pirates OTOH has a real good farm system so they may be able to offer more of what would entice the Yankees. Same sell, elite bat, a guy that has the eye popping bat and personality to draw fans which for the Pirates is something they desperately need.


he's out of minor league options after this season. For a 60 game season, who is willing to trade for a mediocre outfielder? yankee fans overvalue this guy way too much. the fact of the matter is, frazier isn't all that good.


FAct of the matter? Are you the fact master? He's a proven major league bat. Teams believe it or not can use that. Wait...let me guess...;he sucks cause you hate the Yankees. Astro fan are you? Or a Met fan?
User avatar
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 91,815
And1: 18,504
Joined: Jan 07, 2002
Location: In front of the computer, where else?
       

Re: New York Yankees Thread III: 2020 Baseball Season Begins 

Post#419 » by moocow007 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:12 pm

To which...let's talk about cheaters. Sure looks like without the garbage can's and the banging, the Astors MVP caliber players aren't doing as well early on.
hsnd
Sophomore
Posts: 113
And1: 51
Joined: Dec 28, 2013

Re: New York Yankees Thread III: 2020 Baseball Season Begins 

Post#420 » by hsnd » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:22 pm

moocow007 wrote:
hsnd wrote:
moocow007 wrote:It's pretty clear the Yankees front office doesn't like Frazier. If they don't, trade him. Why make everyone suffer?

Trade him to the Royals, the Rockies, the Pirates or some such team that actually need a bat and have openings in corner outfield or DH (DH available in NL this year and will be full time in 2022). Get prospects and international pool money back ($250,000 per trade so get the other team to make another trade involving some no name Yankee prospect going there for another $250,000 for a $500,000 total).

Frazier in the thin air of Coors could be going crazy with 40+ homers easy with that swing of his and he'd be a blast there with him and Blackmon manning the corners. Be a huge fan draw with Rockies fans (especially when he let's his hair grow and grows a big red beard lol). And the Yankees likely won't ever play him again except that rare interleague game here or there with the Rockies. The Rockies don't have the greatest prospects (one of the worst farm systems in baseball actually with the lower ceiling players) so it would take them emptying out even more of their top prospects.

The Pirates OTOH has a real good farm system so they may be able to offer more of what would entice the Yankees. Same sell, elite bat, a guy that has the eye popping bat and personality to draw fans which for the Pirates is something they desperately need.


he's out of minor league options after this season. For a 60 game season, who is willing to trade for a mediocre outfielder? yankee fans overvalue this guy way too much. the fact of the matter is, frazier isn't all that good.


FAct of the matter? Are you the fact master? He's a proven major league bat. Teams believe it or not can use that. Wait...let me guess...;he sucks cause you hate the Yankees. Astro fan are you? Or a Met fan?


nope i'm a yankees fan. i just watch enough games to see that our outfield is stacked there's no place for him on the team. if there was a market for him, he'd be gone already.

Return to New York Knicks