ImageImageImageImageImage

New York Yankees Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,797

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#481 » by Rich Rane » Tue Aug 4, 2020 2:28 am

Took a nap and woke up to this guy stink it up on the mound:
Spoiler:

And zero effort from Sanchez to block on that 55-footer.
ccvle
Head Coach
And1: 1,714

Post#482 » by ccvle » Tue Aug 4, 2020 2:33 am

Signature NYK wrote:All of Judge's Hrs this year have tied the game or given the Yanks the lead. That's next level.

Rotation is suspect. Can only trust Cole and Tanaka.

I'd Trade Frazier and Andujar for DeGrom if possible. Might have to give up more smh.

But if the year continues:

Cole
DeGrom
Tanaka
Montgomery

Is a quality Postseason Rotation.

Next year

Cole
DeGrom
Tanaka (Resigned)
Sevy
Montgomery

Mets was asking for Torres and you want to offer them Frazier and andujar?
hsnd
Sophomore
And1: 57

Post#483 » by hsnd » Tue Aug 4, 2020 8:14 am

Signature NYK wrote:
I'd Trade Frazier and Andujar for DeGrom if possible. Might have to give up more smh.

Who are you kidding? DeGrom is arguably the best pitcher in baseball. You think Andujar + Frazier is even close to enough? hell no
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,157

Post#484 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue Aug 4, 2020 8:27 am

hsnd wrote:
Signature NYK wrote:

Who are you kidding? DeGrom is arguably the second-best pitcher in baseball. You think Andujar + Frazier is even close to enough? hell no

Fixed it for you. The first best is already on the Yankees.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,247

Post#485 » by Papi_swav » Tue Aug 4, 2020 9:17 am

Just give Judge the MVP already. I pray he stays healthy and finish strong

Cole is great, that's it.
hsnd
Sophomore
And1: 57

Post#486 » by hsnd » Tue Aug 4, 2020 11:26 am

KnicksGadfly wrote:
hsnd wrote:
Signature NYK wrote:

Who are you kidding? DeGrom is arguably the second-best pitcher in baseball. You think Andujar + Frazier is even close to enough? hell no

It's debatable. I say DeGrom has had the better career so far, Cole really elevated his game when he joined Houston. Regardless I'm happy as hell to have Cole in pinstripes.
Signature NYK
Sixth Man
And1: 554

Post#487 » by Signature NYK » Tue Aug 4, 2020 12:59 pm

ccvle wrote:
Signature NYK wrote:All of Judge's Hrs this year have tied the game or given the Yanks the lead. That's next level.

Cole
DeGrom
Tanaka
Montgomery

Next year

Cole
DeGrom
Tanaka (Resigned)
Sevy
Montgomery

Maybe a little to light maybe add a pitching prospect (Not Devi) No way in hell they get Torres lol maybe we take back Cano agreeing to pay a % of his salary or sumn. Mets should be willing to deal DeGrom man. They're not near contention in the NL and DeGrom 32. What are they wasting his prime for? In my deal you get cap relief and two good hitting prospects. Maybe they can get more somewhere else but I doubt it.

Point i if im the mets I'd be looking to deal DeGrom to a contender with some good young prospects. Yanks would be ideal imo
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#488 » by Rich Rane » Tue Aug 4, 2020 1:31 pm

Signature NYK wrote:
ccvle wrote:

Cole
DeGrom
Tanaka
Montgomery

Next year

Cole
DeGrom
Tanaka (Resigned)
Sevy
Montgomery

Maybe a little to light maybe add a pitching prospect (Not Devi) No way in hell they get Torres lol maybe we take back Cano agreeing to pay a % of his salary or sumn. Mets should be willing to deal DeGrom man. They're not near contention in the NL and DeGrom 32. What are they wasting his prime for? In my deal you get cap relief and two good hitting prospects. Maybe they can get more somewhere else but I doubt it.

Point i if im the mets I'd be looking to deal DeGrom to a contender with some good young prospects. Yanks would be ideal imo

You're looking at trading for the 2-time reigning Cy Young winner. Then there's a likely Yankees tax for keeping him in the city. Should the Mets trade him if their season keeps going the way it's going? Probably. Would they ever trade him to the Yankees even if they are not only out of the NL East, but also out of the NL itself? I don't see it happening.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,085

Post#489 » by blueNorange » Tue Aug 4, 2020 2:58 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
hsnd wrote:
Signature NYK wrote:

cole is a great pitcher, but the best pitcher in baseball is degrom. it’s not even debatable, degrom is literally on a hall of fame trajectory at this point.

you can say whatever you want, it’s cute, but his back to back cy young awards does all the talking.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,128

Post#490 » by moocow007 » Tue Aug 4, 2020 3:06 pm

Yeah I don't think you'll see DeGrom in a Yankees jersey anytime soon for all the reasons Rich mentioned.

Yankees would be better off looking at dealing for a lesser front end of the rotation starter to put behind Cole.

Mike Clevinger of the Indians would likely cost a lot as well but likely not as insanely expensive as DeGrom.

Jon Gray (who'll only have 1 year left on his contract after this season) from the Rockies could be a less expensive (but still expensive) option than either Clevinger or DeGrom.

An even cheaper option would be Robbie Ray who'll be a FA after this season. He's not done well so far but if the Yankees feel they can do something with him (and they have been interested in him for a long time) then he probably could be had for cheaper than any of the other guys.

If the Yankees are willing to just wait for free agency then there's Gerrit Cole's UCLA foil in Trevor Bauer lol. There's also Marcus Stroman, Jake Odorizzi, Mike Minor (whom the Yankees reportedly was close to trading for), Ray as mentioned, etc. All of these guys were rumored to have been recently in the Yankees radar.

I would rather trade for a better no.2 (Clevinger or Gray) than signing any of these lesser guys for free via free agency.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#491 » by blueNorange » Tue Aug 4, 2020 3:07 pm

Signature NYK wrote:
ccvle wrote:

Cole
DeGrom
Tanaka
Montgomery

Next year

Cole
DeGrom
Tanaka (Resigned)
Sevy
Montgomery

shows how little you know about baseball other than following the yankees

mets are contenders, their 4-7 start is an aberration ... everyone in baseball predicted them to be good this year, so it’s not just a mets thing

degrom is 32 yes but he started being a pitcher at 21 vs 10-11 years old like most of pitchers.. theres NOT a lot of mileage on that arm

even if frazier and andujar were prospects(they’re not anymore) why would the mets want 2 corner outfielders when the mets already have conforto and nimmo who are better?

even the mets have a better version of an all offense/no defense guy in jd davis.

also the mets are about to be sold to steve cohen who’s going to outbid every player. the man has enough money to buy the mets, yankees, and 5 other ball clubs if he wanted to.

so the mets aren’t gonna trade the best pitcher in baseball when they’re about to be sold to an owner that is gonna spend.

i know you live in a bubble and i anticipate your small bubble response.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,010

Post#492 » by blue and orange » Tue Aug 4, 2020 5:49 pm

Degrom isn’t happening.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,306

Post#493 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Aug 4, 2020 5:52 pm

blue and orange wrote:Degrom isn’t happening.

Nope. Just like the Mets contending. :D
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,306

Post#494 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Aug 4, 2020 5:54 pm

DeGrom picking up those Steve Carlton Phillies Cy Youngs, where your team sucks but you are a great pitcher being wasted for 4 or 5 years.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,247

Post#495 » by Papi_swav » Tue Aug 4, 2020 6:29 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
Signature NYK wrote:
ccvle wrote:

You're looking at trading for the 2-time reigning Cy Young winner. Then there's a likely Yankees tax for keeping him in the city. Should the Mets trade him if their season keeps going the way it's going? Probably. Would they ever trade him to the Yankees even if they are not only out of the NL East, but also out of the NL itself? I don't see it happening.

Don't worry, Mets will trade him to another team for some scrubs that's nowhere near as good as our prospects. When it comes to trading with the Yankees, teams wants an arm and a leg from us for whatever reason but they'll take 50 cents of a $1 from other teams.
Signature NYK
Sixth Man
And1: 554

Post#496 » by Signature NYK » Tue Aug 4, 2020 7:23 pm

blueNorange wrote:
Signature NYK wrote:
ccvle wrote:

shows how little you know about baseball other than following the yankees

mets are contenders, their 4-7 start is an aberration ... everyone in baseball predicted them to be good this year, so it’s not just a mets thing

degrom is 32 yes but he started being a pitcher at 21 vs 10-11 years old like most of pitchers.. theres NOT a lot of mileage on that arm

even if frazier and andujar were prospects(they’re not anymore) why would the mets want 2 corner outfielders when the mets already have conforto and nimmo who are better?

even the mets have a better version of an all offense/no defense guy in jd davis.

also the mets are about to be sold to steve cohen who’s going to outbid every player. the man has enough money to buy the mets, yankees, and 5 other ball clubs if he wanted to.

so the mets aren’t gonna trade the best pitcher in baseball when they’re about to be sold to an owner that is gonna spend.

i know you live in a bubble and i anticipate your small bubble response.

Lol I wont act like im an expert on mets affairs, but Yall havent made the playoffs in 3 years and off to a rough start. People thinking yall could compete also figured Cespedes would be playing and contributing this year. Now I'll agree DeGrom doesnt have the mileage on his arm that others his age do but he's still 32.

Andujar isnt normally a outfielder he's an infielder whos switching positions to get burn on a stacked team. With no Cespedes and the League wide DH I think ya'll can make use of Miguel and Clint. I did say we'd probably have to give up more and even something like taking a chunk of Cano's deal which to me is a quality return for DeGrom.

But you can be snarky and sensitive if you need to be man its gotta be tough being a Knicks and Mets fan lmao
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#497 » by blueNorange » Tue Aug 4, 2020 7:48 pm

andujar is playing the outfield because he's a terrible fielder, that's why.

nobody thought cespdes was contributing, everything he was gonna offer was a bonus.

jd davis is a dh, and a good one too.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,157

Post#498 » by KnicksGadfly » Wed Aug 5, 2020 3:12 am

blueNorange wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:
hsnd wrote:

cole is a great pitcher, but the best pitcher in baseball is degrom. it’s not even debatable, degrom is literally on a hall of fame trajectory at this point.

you can say whatever you want, it’s cute, but his back to back cy young awards does all the talking.

Now I know it's gotta be grate on the Nets, I mean Mets, to be always second (2nd in NYC, 2nd best league, 2nd best starting pitcher, 2nd rival to the Yankees after the Red Sox) and to have such a sad state of affairs that A-Rod has to save them, but you know Cole has always pitched in the better league and in the better postseason circumstances. I have great respect for DeGrom. I think he'd look mighty fine starting game 2 for the Yankees and I'd trade a pretty penny for him. I'd even be scared facing him in an elimination game if we didn't have the better Hall of Fame pitcher. But my man Cole is the ace of New York. Top dog!

All trolling aside though, it is a bit debateable to me and most baseball people, I think. Andujar and Frazier definitely won't cut it. Mets always have some fun pitchers, though. I was a huge fan of RA Dickey a while back.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#499 » by Rich Rane » Wed Aug 5, 2020 8:06 pm

Let's go, Happ, you old son of a bitch.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,010

Post#500 » by blue and orange » Wed Aug 5, 2020 8:15 pm

A scoreless inning from Happ and a putout from Andujar at 3B is this real life.

Return to New York Knicks