ImageImageImageImageImage

New York Yankees Thread

Moderators: GONYK, K-DOT, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Jeff Van Gully, mrpoetryNmotion, mpharris36, NoLayupRule, King of Canada

zappafrank
Junior
Posts: 318
And1: 147
Joined: Apr 11, 2017
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
       

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#741 » by zappafrank » Wed Sep 2, 2020 11:45 pm

here is another example of rays dirty play. anyone remember Francisco Cervelli getting hurt in spring training? from wiki: On March 8, 2008, Cervelli fractured his wrist on a controversial play during a spring training game against the Tampa Bay Rays, when Rays infielder Elliot Johnson collided with him at home plate in the ninth inning. Joe Girardi, the Yankees manager said, "I think it was uncalled for, it's spring training and you are going to get people hurt and we got Cervelli hurt." He didn't return to action until June.
Jump Shot
Analyst
Posts: 3,438
And1: 715
Joined: May 23, 2008
     

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#742 » by Jump Shot » Wed Sep 2, 2020 11:50 pm

And they come out and take the Yankees' lunch money immediately again.

Team has no fight.
User avatar
GEOLINK
General Manager
Posts: 7,691
And1: 6,169
Joined: Mar 16, 2014
       

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#743 » by GEOLINK » Thu Sep 3, 2020 2:34 am

zappafrank wrote:here is another example of rays dirty play. anyone remember Francisco Cervelli getting hurt in spring training? from wiki: On March 8, 2008, Cervelli fractured his wrist on a controversial play during a spring training game against the Tampa Bay Rays, when Rays infielder Elliot Johnson collided with him at home plate in the ninth inning. Joe Girardi, the Yankees manager said, "I think it was uncalled for, it's spring training and you are going to get people hurt and we got Cervelli hurt." He didn't return to action until June.

Yeah, I remember watching this game. That was a real dirty slide.

Rays have been a thorn in our asses for a very long time.
Papi_swav
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,704
And1: 2,281
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#744 » by Papi_swav » Thu Sep 3, 2020 4:51 am

Papi_swav wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:Chapman is here to eat your children. Those guns make him look like a monster.

Allowed 2 hits and a run, but his fastball topped out at 101. 2 straight sweeps for the Yanks.

Rays is the team I'm worried about. They're not far behind us for the top of ALE

So do you guys now see why Rays are a dangerous team ?
User avatar
GEOLINK
General Manager
Posts: 7,691
And1: 6,169
Joined: Mar 16, 2014
       

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#745 » by GEOLINK » Thu Sep 3, 2020 5:28 pm

Told y'all we don't want to piss the Rays off.
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 62,117
And1: 28,349
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#746 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Sep 4, 2020 12:22 am

GEOLINK wrote:Told y'all we don't want to piss the Mets off.


:nod:
Image
blue and orange
Analyst
Posts: 3,265
And1: 653
Joined: Nov 06, 2012
     

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#747 » by blue and orange » Fri Sep 4, 2020 12:24 am

GEOLINK wrote:Told y'all we don't want to piss the Rays off.


Ya I'm sure it wouldve made a difference :lol:. It wasnt gonna make the Rays see the ball better at the plate and have their pitchers throw with more velocity. At the end of the day good teams find ways to win and bad teams find ways to lose. People make way too much of a team being fired up pissed off and playing better.
User avatar
GEOLINK
General Manager
Posts: 7,691
And1: 6,169
Joined: Mar 16, 2014
       

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#748 » by GEOLINK » Fri Sep 4, 2020 1:18 am

blue and orange wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:Told y'all we don't want to piss the Rays off.


Ya I'm sure it wouldve made a difference :lol:. It wasnt gonna make the Rays see the ball better at the plate and have their pitchers throw with more velocity. At the end of the day good teams find ways to win and bad teams find ways to lose. People make way too much of a team being fired up pissed off and playing better.

3-1 lead in the 2004 ALCS, just saying.
blue and orange
Analyst
Posts: 3,265
And1: 653
Joined: Nov 06, 2012
     

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#749 » by blue and orange » Fri Sep 4, 2020 1:33 am

GEOLINK wrote:
blue and orange wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:Told y'all we don't want to piss the Rays off.


Ya I'm sure it wouldve made a difference :lol:. It wasnt gonna make the Rays see the ball better at the plate and have their pitchers throw with more velocity. At the end of the day good teams find ways to win and bad teams find ways to lose. People make way too much of a team being fired up pissed off and playing better.

3-1 lead in the 2004 ALCS, just saying.


The Sox were the better team that year, better rotation. Yankees rotation was Kevin Brown and Javier Vazquez and a beaten down pen, that Sox team was very good too probably shouldve won the 2003 ALCS.

You can be motivated but still gotta be good. Im just not big into the theory of playing better if your pissed off. Do you think the Yankees wouldve been better off to not retaliate, they are still kicking the Yankees ass no matter what. If the Knicks get pissed off will that all of the sudden make them a playoff team? I guess it sounds better and it makes a better story.
User avatar
Phish Tank
RealGM
Posts: 17,072
And1: 9,787
Joined: Nov 09, 2004
Location: Your Timepiece
   

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#750 » by Phish Tank » Fri Sep 4, 2020 5:31 am

The combo of Manfred (thanks for rushing his season resulting in mad injuries) + a lot of mental weaknesses (both pitching and hitting) as well as poor conditioning has killed this team. George woulda fired Boone by now had he been alive


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image

BAF- Houston Rockets:
PG: Fox/Jerome Rob
SG: Huerter/Romeo/Monk
SF: PJ Washington/Hunter
PF: Sekou
C: Jaxson Hayes/Smailagic

Inactive: Okobo, Swanigan, Louis King, Willy
User avatar
Phish Tank
RealGM
Posts: 17,072
And1: 9,787
Joined: Nov 09, 2004
Location: Your Timepiece
   

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#751 » by Phish Tank » Fri Sep 4, 2020 5:33 am

blue and orange wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:
blue and orange wrote:
Ya I'm sure it wouldve made a difference :lol:. It wasnt gonna make the Rays see the ball better at the plate and have their pitchers throw with more velocity. At the end of the day good teams find ways to win and bad teams find ways to lose. People make way too much of a team being fired up pissed off and playing better.

3-1 lead in the 2004 ALCS, just saying.


The Sox were the better team that year, better rotation. Yankees rotation was Kevin Brown and Javier Vazquez and a beaten down pen, that Sox team was very good too probably shouldve won the 2003 ALCS.

You can be motivated but still gotta be good. Im just not big into the theory of playing better if your pissed off. Do you think the Yankees wouldve been better off to not retaliate, they are still kicking the Yankees ass no matter what. If the Knicks get pissed off will that all of the sudden make them a playoff team? I guess it sounds better and it makes a better story.

Only thing I would have done different is using someone like Cashman or an elder statesman on the team to publicly eviscerate manfred and Chris young for letting Cash off easy.

If we had played the Rays last night, I’d have thrown at Em again and had a pitcher go after Cash too


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image

BAF- Houston Rockets:
PG: Fox/Jerome Rob
SG: Huerter/Romeo/Monk
SF: PJ Washington/Hunter
PF: Sekou
C: Jaxson Hayes/Smailagic

Inactive: Okobo, Swanigan, Louis King, Willy
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 39,446
And1: 31,324
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: IGNOMANIA

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#752 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Sep 4, 2020 11:56 am

People soooooo overreacting to this fake ass, extended spring training baseball season.

Some team will luck out and get a bogus WS championship. Good for them and their asterisk.

The only good thing about this year is watching some of the kids get a bit of playing time, and that's due to the injuries, which were pretty much inevitable.

I'll be more interested in baseball, when they have a real season next year. Maybe.
User avatar
GEOLINK
General Manager
Posts: 7,691
And1: 6,169
Joined: Mar 16, 2014
       

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#753 » by GEOLINK » Fri Sep 4, 2020 4:05 pm

blue and orange wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:
blue and orange wrote:
Ya I'm sure it wouldve made a difference :lol:. It wasnt gonna make the Rays see the ball better at the plate and have their pitchers throw with more velocity. At the end of the day good teams find ways to win and bad teams find ways to lose. People make way too much of a team being fired up pissed off and playing better.

3-1 lead in the 2004 ALCS, just saying.


The Sox were the better team that year, better rotation. Yankees rotation was Kevin Brown and Javier Vazquez and a beaten down pen, that Sox team was very good too probably shouldve won the 2003 ALCS.

You can be motivated but still gotta be good. Im just not big into the theory of playing better if your pissed off. Do you think the Yankees wouldve been better off to not retaliate, they are still kicking the Yankees ass no matter what. If the Knicks get pissed off will that all of the sudden make them a playoff team? I guess it sounds better and it makes a better story.

You missed the point of us kicking their ass for three straight games and losing the next 4.
Papi_swav
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,704
And1: 2,281
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#754 » by Papi_swav » Fri Sep 4, 2020 6:17 pm

Well if we don't sweep the O's and go on a winning streak now we can kiss the post season goodbye
blue and orange
Analyst
Posts: 3,265
And1: 653
Joined: Nov 06, 2012
     

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#755 » by blue and orange » Fri Sep 4, 2020 6:49 pm

GEOLINK wrote:
blue and orange wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:3-1 lead in the 2004 ALCS, just saying.


The Sox were the better team that year, better rotation. Yankees rotation was Kevin Brown and Javier Vazquez and a beaten down pen, that Sox team was very good too probably shouldve won the 2003 ALCS.

You can be motivated but still gotta be good. Im just not big into the theory of playing better if your pissed off. Do you think the Yankees wouldve been better off to not retaliate, they are still kicking the Yankees ass no matter what. If the Knicks get pissed off will that all of the sudden make them a playoff team? I guess it sounds better and it makes a better story.

You missed the point of us kicking their ass for three straight games and losing the next 4.


No I get your point I don’t regret the Yankees retaliating I just wish we didn’t suck. The 04 ALCS is not something I wannna think about.
blue and orange
Analyst
Posts: 3,265
And1: 653
Joined: Nov 06, 2012
     

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#756 » by blue and orange » Fri Sep 4, 2020 6:49 pm

GEOLINK wrote:
blue and orange wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:3-1 lead in the 2004 ALCS, just saying.


The Sox were the better team that year, better rotation. Yankees rotation was Kevin Brown and Javier Vazquez and a beaten down pen, that Sox team was very good too probably shouldve won the 2003 ALCS.

You can be motivated but still gotta be good. Im just not big into the theory of playing better if your pissed off. Do you think the Yankees wouldve been better off to not retaliate, they are still kicking the Yankees ass no matter what. If the Knicks get pissed off will that all of the sudden make them a playoff team? I guess it sounds better and it makes a better story.

You missed the point of us kicking their ass for three straight games and losing the next 4.


No I get your point I don’t regret the Yankees retaliating I just wish we didn’t suck. The 04 ALCS is not something I wannna think about.
User avatar
ccvle
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,630
And1: 1,093
Joined: Aug 03, 2002

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#757 » by ccvle » Sat Sep 5, 2020 5:13 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:People soooooo overreacting to this fake ass, extended spring training baseball season.

Some team will luck out and get a bogus WS championship. Good for them and their asterisk.

The only good thing about this year is watching some of the kids get a bit of playing time, and that's due to the injuries, which were pretty much inevitable.

I'll be more interested in baseball, when they have a real season next year. Maybe.


That's just loser talk.
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 39,446
And1: 31,324
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: IGNOMANIA

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#758 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Sep 5, 2020 6:47 pm

ccvle wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:People soooooo overreacting to this fake ass, extended spring training baseball season.

Some team will luck out and get a bogus WS championship. Good for them and their asterisk.

The only good thing about this year is watching some of the kids get a bit of playing time, and that's due to the injuries, which were pretty much inevitable.

I'll be more interested in baseball, when they have a real season next year. Maybe.


That's just loser talk.


Having a 60 game meaningless season is loser talk

Though King, Clarke and Desi all looked like ass, so there's that.
Oscirus
Head Coach
Posts: 7,392
And1: 4,121
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
       

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#759 » by Oscirus » Sun Sep 6, 2020 5:34 am

Im glad we're giving cole all this money to lead the majors in hrs
User avatar
GEOLINK
General Manager
Posts: 7,691
And1: 6,169
Joined: Mar 16, 2014
       

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#760 » by GEOLINK » Sun Sep 6, 2020 6:09 am

This team was so much fun when half the team wasn’t on the IL. :(

Return to New York Knicks