ImageImageImageImageImage

[Begley] Pills told team playoffs or bust

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Re: [Begley] Pills told team playoffs or bust 

Post#221 » by blanko » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:22 am

Hes_On_Fire wrote:
blanko wrote:
Hes_On_Fire wrote:
Who cares? What good would that do? 5 extra wins with veterans?

The team is awful.
We would be putting our young players in competitive game environments. An extra 6~10 min a game in a blowout loss only builds bad habbits.

Tanking is dead because of the new lottery odds.

Its about competitive games. Even if we loose its about being competitive and our young guys playing in it and observing it from the bench.

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk

Stop with this.

Competitive and so on. It’s about building through the draft and making the smartest roster moves. Not about getting Kevin Knox and Dennis Smith Jr a couple extra wins for their morale. 17 wins or 12 wins, the team is still awful and going nowhere. What’s the difference?

We don’t have any god young players except RJ. Even Robinson is a question mark. Not sure what Benefit RJ is getting from the veteran players playing 35 mpg and winning a few extra games against the Pistons of the world. That’s going to help his growth? Only in Knicks fans mind do they think this makes any impact at all. We need smart management to become a good team again. We don’t have that and winning 17 games won’t make us good now or in the future.

Former Nba players have stated this multiple times and so have nba player personnel development guys like amin el hassan.
Yes being in competitve enviorments help development. Yes playing 35 min in competitive games is better than playing 35 min in blowout losses for devlopment.

blanko
Starter

Post#222 » by blanko » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:27 am

cgmw wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
blanko wrote:We would be putting our young players in competitive game environments. An extra 6~10 min a game in a blowout loss only builds bad habbits.

Its about competitive games. Even if we loose its about being competitive and our young guys playing in it and observing it from the bench.

Green font?

Is RJ building only bad habits despite all the blowouts?

Observing from the bench? Are you serious?

Imagine Trae Young “observing from the bench” until the Hawks got good without him.

Zach Lowe just called for Knicks to bench Taj, shift Randle to play some small ball 5, while throwing Mitch into the deep end and giving Knox a chance as a small ball PF.

https://es.pn/2RmfEaP

This is now the mainstream narrative management is dealing with. They (and Blanko) are the last people on Earth that want to see Miller continue with the ridiculous veteran lineups.

Horrible anology, rj is playing 35 min a game and trey youg would turn into a better player if he wasnt in blowout losses every game. I mean really how do you get trey should sit from that?

Trey is turning into a horrible defender because it doesnt matter. Atlanta itself is realizing this, thats why they want to add stable veterans.

Mitch is playing what he plays because of his foul trouble problems, the only person who is impacted by randle/morris is who?
Knox was playing almost 20 min a game then he showed that he wasn't ready. Just throwing him out there to get destoryed is ruining his confidence.

One last thing mulitple nba players have stated that when they weren't ready "watching and learnin" during games early in their careers. Because they can improve in practice and scrimmages.

Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,280

Post#223 » by Hes_On_Fire » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:35 am

blanko wrote:
Hes_On_Fire wrote:
blanko wrote:We would be putting our young players in competitive game environments. An extra 6~10 min a game in a blowout loss only builds bad habbits.

Stop with this.

Competitive and so on. It’s about building through the draft and making the smartest roster moves. Not about getting Kevin Knox and Dennis Smith Jr a couple extra wins for their morale. 17 wins or 12 wins, the team is still awful and going nowhere. What’s the difference?

We don’t have any god young players except RJ. Even Robinson is a question mark. Not sure what Benefit RJ is getting from the veteran players playing 35 mpg and winning a few extra games against the Pistons of the world. That’s going to help his growth? Only in Knicks fans mind do they think this makes any impact at all. We need smart management to become a good team again. We don’t have that and winning 17 games won’t make us good now or in the future.

Former Nba players have stated this multiple times and so have nba player personnel development guys like amin el hassan.
Yes being in competitve enviorments help development. Yes playing 35 min in competitive games is better than playing 35 min in blowout losses for devlopment.

I know you're an ardent supporter of the front office so there's not much to discuss here but you should really understand that no payer is experiencing anything but miserable failure here until the front office is fired.
New York Knicks franchise W-L record as of 9/2/22 since James L Dolan assumed full ownership (2001):

673-1,007
blanko
Starter

Post#224 » by blanko » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:35 am

Hes_On_Fire wrote:
blanko wrote:
Hes_On_Fire wrote:
Stop with this.

I know you're an ardent supporter of the front office so there's not much to discuss here but you should really understand that no payer is experiencing anything but miserable failure here until the front office is fired.
I agree we need a change in leadership.

I am not an ardent supporter of the front office. There is context to everything. If you can find a quote of me saying pills did a great job please feel free to post it.

I am however against blindly running rookies who are not ready to play in situations where they would fail. Choose to listen to people with nba experiece such as amin el hassan and former players on the importance of solid veteran leadership for young nba players.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,995

Post#225 » by Nazrmohamed » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:31 pm

But there arent really much in terms of veteran leaders and the young guys you say need to watch from the bench are watching us lose. So there goes that instructional video. Unless we're teaching them what NOT to do.

"See that modern PF playing a slow SF who cant defend his new position but has no problem impersonating Melo? Watch closely."

"See that undersized modern day C who is overdribbling at PF and plays no defense wherever we put him? Watch closely"

"Mimick neither of these guys"

The Knicks dont even play a lineup that is sustainable in the modern NBA. What can be learned from sitting back and watching these losers. I think your argument works better when a team in the playoffs drafts players and hands them a clipboard and what people often forget is in those cases the draft picks are upper class men with less potential but more plug and play ability. Lottery teams need thier young guys getting minutes with vets there like you said but in a truly supportive role. We were doing it right with the Mitch/DeAndre dynamic.
blanko
Starter

Post#226 » by blanko » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:05 pm

Nazrmohamed wrote:But there arent really much in terms of veteran leaders and the young guys you say need to watch from the bench are watching us lose. So there goes that instructional video. Unless we're teaching them what NOT to do.

"See that modern PF playing a slow SF who cant defend his new position but has no problem impersonating Melo? Watch closely."

"See that undersized modern day C who is overdribbling at PF and plays no defense wherever we put him? Watch closely"

"Mimick neither of these guys"

The Knicks dont even play a lineup that is sustainable in the modern NBA. What can be learned from sitting back and watching these losers. I think your argument works better when a team in the playoffs drafts players and hands them a clipboard and what people often forget is in those cases the draft picks are upper class men with less potential but more plug and play ability. Lottery teams need thier young guys getting minutes with vets there like you said but in a truly supportive role. We were doing it right with the Mitch/DeAndre dynamic.
veteran leadership is even more importnant in loosing teams. Its about professionalism and how to become an nba player. It's not black and white. It's not about tactics its' about how you execute and your attitude, your professionalism.

but hey people want to listen to bill simmions rather than nba vets or people like amin el hassan. thats' why players turn into guys like zach lavine.

Sent from my SM-T865N using Tapatalk
BKAY
Analyst
And1: 1,396

Post#227 » by BKAY » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:42 pm

Not defending Pills but reports like these are stupid. What do you expect them to say?

Hey guys this team sucks, we really wanted KD and Kyrie but stuck with you bums. If ya'll could do us a favor and lose as many games as possible while propping your value up, that'd be great....

Return to New York Knicks