ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions thread - To the offseason!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,125

Re: Trades and Transactions thread - To the offseason! 

Post#1581 » by Juco24 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:51 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Juco24 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
How is this an Isaiah move. He’s trade LaMelo for Wiggins :lol:

:lol:

I swear I believe Isaiah would do a Frank/Randle/#8/future 1st for #2 & wiggins :banghead:

How confident would you be in a LaMelo Mitch tandem for the next decade?

Great question... personally, I think they'd be good together but that aforementioned price is too steep imo
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#1582 » by WargamesX » Wed Sep 9, 2020 4:12 pm

If I am the Knicks I do the following

Trade back from #8 to #10 with the suns, for Oubre and take Kira Lewis Or Tyrese Haliburton. If I am Aller I try to get a pick swap for 2021 with the Suns. No guarantee they aren’t lottery bound that year. The suns can draft Toppin ahead of DC

Trade up from #27 to #23 in a Conley for Randle Trade, add DSJ to the trade for cap reasons. I would like the Knicks to take Bolmaro with this pick. Jazz get a sixth man scorer in Randle and save almost $10 in cap.

The Knicks should still have enough after that to go after Bertans after Bertans with around $15 mil.

The team should be better, there is one elite 3 pt shooter at PF in Bertans, and Kira/Haliburton has a mentor in Conley (who would start), and a legit starting SF in Oubre. The bench would also all be the kids so they finally can play them.

Also less static than last year because both Conley and Oubre could earn longer contracts with the team. Conley for 2-3 years to let the rookie PG develop, and Oubre for 5.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,631

Post#1583 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Sep 9, 2020 4:30 pm

F N 11 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
F N 11 wrote:This the man y’all tryna trade.

Read on Twitter

I know. Crazy. There's no way we're trading Mitch. In fact, we should be planning on when to make him an early offer locking him up at a significant raise which is still a bargain for us. 4 years/$30-32M?

While I agree we should lock him up now, Rich Paul aint going for that cheap deal.

You’re. He’ll get the max of 4 years/$56M
Free Palestine
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,918

Post#1584 » by F N 11 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 4:58 pm

Spoiler:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
F N 11 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
I know. Crazy. There's no way we're trading Mitch. In fact, we should be planning on when to make him an early offer locking him up at a significant raise which is still a bargain for us. 4 years/$30-32M?

While I agree we should lock him up now, Rich Paul aint going for that cheap deal.

And I'll do it. Knicks need to show faith in somebody.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,112

Post#1585 » by moocow007 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 4:59 pm

F N 11 wrote:
Spoiler:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
F N 11 wrote:While I agree we should lock him up now, Rich Paul aint going for that cheap deal.

Sure. 4 years $56 million is an excellent team friendly deal in today's NBA for a guy like Robinson.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,631

Post#1586 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Sep 9, 2020 5:10 pm

moocow007 wrote:
F N 11 wrote:
Spoiler:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Sure. 4 years $56 million is an excellent team friendly deal in today's NBA for a guy like Robinson.

Wow we all agree on something! :lol:
Free Palestine
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,112

Post#1587 » by moocow007 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 5:29 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
F N 11 wrote:
Spoiler:

Wow we all agree on something! :lol:

:o :lol:
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#1588 » by Polk377 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 7:15 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
blanko wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
I think we could do better. I would kick the tires with Chris Paul before settling with this.
We would need a first rounder for every year of his contract. I dont okc will give that up.

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk

We're not getting chris paul and there's really no point in even considering him from where we stand. That said, Chris Paul has no business in NY at this point in his career either. It's nonsense in its truest sense.

I'd trade Randle for Conley in a heartbeat.

Everyone said the same thing about Paul when he was traded to OKC but he was able to lead them to the playoffs.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,778

Post#1589 » by spree8 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 8:09 pm

Saw this posted on the trade board... got a lot of good feedback, especially from Dallas fans..

Knicks: #18 & #31

Mavs: Dallas 23’ 1st round pick (top 10 protected) back

Gives us: 8th, 18th, 27th, 31st, 38th this draft.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,433

Post#1590 » by KnicksGod » Wed Sep 9, 2020 8:42 pm

Mitch with a short stroke and doesn’t jump. Already boosts his chance at being effective.
lloydj
Rookie
And1: 97

Post#1591 » by lloydj » Wed Sep 9, 2020 8:51 pm

1. Trade Randall to OKC for Chris Paul and #1 or Dennis Schroeder.

2. Draft best player available?

3. Tor: Freddy V. (Free Agents $$$)

3. Bring both of the Morris Brothers for $20,000,000.00 ($15 mil + $3 mil) 2nd year with a team option

4. Bring back Kanter for 2 year $4,000,000.00 to back up the Young Man. 2nd year a team option

5. This is a make or break year for our Young Big Man (Trade or Pay).
8-)
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#1592 » by knickstape4ever » Wed Sep 9, 2020 10:09 pm

spree8 wrote:Saw this posted on the trade board... got a lot of good feedback, especially from Dallas fans..

why would Dallas trade out of this years draft?
knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#1593 » by knickstape4ever » Wed Sep 9, 2020 10:11 pm

lloydj wrote:1. Trade Randall to OKC for Chris Paul and #1 or Dennis Schroeder.

2. Draft best player available?

3. Tor: Freddy V. (Free Agents $$$)

3. Bring both of the Morris Brothers for $20,000,000.00 ($15 mil + $3 mil) 2nd year with a team option

4. Bring back Kanter for 2 year $4,000,000.00 to back up the Young Man. 2nd year a team option

5. This is a make or break year for our Young Big Man (Trade or Pay).
8-)

:no:
spree8
RealGM

Post#1594 » by spree8 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 11:16 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:
spree8 wrote:Saw this posted on the trade board... got a lot of good feedback, especially from Dallas fans..

#18 in a weak draft compared to an unknown draft? Can’t say I wouldn’t consider it if I were them... if they have the option of losing one of the two picks.. might as well get rid of a late one in a weak draft than risk losing a better one in a good draft. Their fans liked it.
knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#1595 » by knickstape4ever » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:12 am

spree8 wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:

#18 in a weak draft compared to an unknown draft? Can’t say I wouldn’t consider it if I were them... if they have the option of losing one of the two picks.. might as well get rid of a late one in a weak draft than risk losing a better one in a good draft. Their fans liked it.

doesnt make sense for the Mavs IMO. that 2023 pick could very well be a late 1st, and its protected, so even if something happened to Luka/KP, they still keep their pick top 10

there'a a misconception about this draft. yes, it's weak at the top, but it is deep in role players. if the Mavs are all in on Luka, they're gonna want to use that pick, not wait for 2023 to retain what'll be their late 1st

if Dallas is offering, I'd take it tho, but doubt they would
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,205

Post#1596 » by aq_ua » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:19 am

That's just too many draft picks in a single year. Even if the rookies deserve it, we won't have the minutes available to develop them. I would rather the sword of Damocles remain hanging over their heads.
spree8
RealGM

Post#1597 » by spree8 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:21 am

knickstape4ever wrote:
spree8 wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:

doesnt make sense for the Mavs IMO. that 2023 pick could very well be a late 1st, and its protected, so even if something happened to Luka/KP, they still keep their pick top 10

there'a a misconception about this draft. yes, it's weak at the top, but it is deep in role players. if the Mavs are all in on Luka, they're gonna want to use that pick, not wait for 2023 to retain what'll be their late 1st

They’re not winning the chip any time soon. What if 2023 was as good a draft as years where guys like Booker n Myles or Klay n Kawhi were chosen from 11-15? If I’m them, I’d roll the dice. At #18... this draft is role players. Even one of the Mavs mods liked the deal... and that dude is tough on trades on that board.
spree8
RealGM

Post#1598 » by spree8 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:23 am

aq_ua wrote:

That's just too many draft picks in a single year. Even if the rookies deserve it, we won't have the minutes available to develop them. I would rather the sword of Damocles remain hanging over their heads.

Haa, you could always consolidate to move up, plus waive all the bum ass vets we have to give the young guys real rotation minutes.

Trade #18, #27, #31 to Boston for #14, #26

Draft: Nesmith 8th, Kira 14th, Bane 26th, Tillie 38th

Trade Randle for Batum when FA hits n Batum opts in

Keep Dotson n Portis only

Run:

DSJr | Kira | Kadeem (bring em back)
Nesmith | Frank | Dotson
RJ | Bane | Batum
Knox | Portis | Iggy
Mitch | Tillie | Wooten

Til the deadline, and look to trade DSJr n Frank before they gotta get re-upped, and Knox if he doesn’t produce.
NewYorkPride85
Senior
And1: 353

Post#1599 » by NewYorkPride85 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:36 am

knickstape4ever wrote:
spree8 wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:

It wouldn’t make sense to the Knicks either. This years draft is historically bad. If anything I’d package this years picks for another shot at next year. If Emoni Bates and a few more prospects decide to reclassify, then your looking at a draft that is very reminiscent to 2003 draft. Of course I’m not saying that the upcoming draft has talent on the level of LeBron but the amount of potential all stars is there. If there ever was a year to tank it would be for next years draft because regardless of where you pick in the top 15, all those players with better than the best talent in this years draft.
spree8
RealGM

Post#1600 » by spree8 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:40 am

NewYorkPride85 wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:
spree8 wrote:

It wouldn’t make sense to the Knicks either. This years draft is historically bad. If anything I’d package this years picks for another shot at next year. If Emoni Bates and a few more prospects decide to reclassify, then your looking at a draft that is very reminiscent to 2003 draft. Of course I’m not saying that the upcoming draft has talent on the level of LeBron but the amount of potential all stars is there. If there ever was a year to tank it would be for next years draft because regardless of where you pick in the top 15, all those players with better than the best talent in this years draft.

That’s a good point... riskier for us tho cuz what if that pick does land top 10 n we don’t get it? Still a gamble for us even if we would’ve got it cuz if it is deep then we missed out. I wouldn’t wanna keep those picks tho... I’d look to trade up for Kira who I think can be a star.

Return to New York Knicks