ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions thread - To the offseason!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,112

Re: Trades and Transactions thread - To the offseason! 

Post#1741 » by moocow007 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:10 pm

Richard4444 wrote:
DaGawd wrote:Greek sounds more and more like he's out of Milwaukee.. time to offer a trade of RJ and all the picks we can muster and see if the Bucks bite..

I hope we dont trade for a future FA if he is willing to sign here. I hope we have learned from the Melo trade.

By the way, if we do trade, we have to include Mitch in the deal. He would be an awful pairing with Giannis in the offense.
No superstar player in his prime is passing up the extra year and money per to sign directly with the Knicks. Even Carmelo Anthony forced a trade cause he wasn't so in love with the Knicks to give up money. Giannis certainly wouldn't. A team that wants a superstar will have to trade for him so the guy can get max dollars.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1742 » by moocow007 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:12 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:Looking at free agents, and I've seen Christian Wood play a few times, but never really looked at his numbers....why was he let go by so many teams? The Pistons will obviously resign him, but why wasn't he on our radar when the Sixers or Pelicans let him go?
Combination of being kinda a project and bad situations. Woods is an example of a reason not to give up on guys like Knox so quickly. Woods looked the same early on and just didn't get the right situation to develop and excel. To Woods credit, he did put a lot of work in his game and stayed positive. The tools were there, even in college.

provecy15
Senior
And1: 190

Post#1743 » by provecy15 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:20 pm

How I would approach this offseason: (outsider looking in)
1. Time to trade Randle. It's a weak draft, but still some decent players who could become stars. Package Randle + Smith +8th pick to Charlotte for Terry Rozier and the 3rd pick in the draft. The salary's closely match-up. Rozier becomes the new starting guard and forms a backcourt with Rj Barrett.

2. Draft Obi Toppin. He would't be your typical rookie. He;s 22 years old, has great energy and can stretch the D from 3. Also he's the NCAA player of the year. Why this guy isn't being talked about more as a top 3 pick is beyond me.

3. Sign Marc Gasol to a veteran's minimum. He's not what he used to be, but he still can stretch the D with his 3, and he could be a great mentor to Mitchell Robinson. He has a championship and has been an all-star. This is mainly a character move. Let Portis walk (club option)

4. 27th pick: Draft Elijah Hughes. Great shooter,great athleticism, and he played at Syracuse. Knows how to mix it up between playing man and zone.

5. Sign Danilo Gallinari. Bring him back. Pair him in the front court with Mitchell Robinson.

6. Trade Taj Gibson+ Elfrid Payton to Sacramento for Cory Joseph and Nemanja Bejilica. Sacramento needs backup PG to Fox, and could use a big to backup Bagely.

Now your team looks is a mixture of character, veterans, and still holding your young core together while adapting to the NBA of today. You also keep most of your cap flexibility

Robinson/Gasol
Gallinari/Bejilica
Toppin/Knox/Hughes
Barrett/Ellington/Bullock
Rozier/Joseph/Frank N.
SARGO127
General Manager
And1: 3,077

Post#1744 » by SARGO127 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:28 am

provecy15 wrote:How I would approach this offseason: (outsider looking in)
1. Time to trade Randle. It's a weak draft, but still some decent players who could become stars. Package Randle + Smith +8th pick to Charlotte for Terry Rozier and the 3rd pick in the draft. The salary's closely match-up. Rozier becomes the new starting guard and forms a backcourt with Rj Barrett.

2. Draft Obi Toppin. He would't be your typical rookie. He;s 22 years old, has great energy and can stretch the D from 3. Also he's the NCAA player of the year. Why this guy isn't being talked about more as a top 3 pick is beyond me.

3. Sign Marc Gasol to a veteran's minimum. He's not what he used to be, but he still can stretch the D with his 3, and he could be a great mentor to Mitchell Robinson. He has a championship and has been an all-star. This is mainly a character move. Let Portis walk (club option)

4. 27th pick: Draft Elijah Hughes. Great shooter,great athleticism, and he played at Syracuse. Knows how to mix it up between playing man and zone.

5. Sign Danilo Gallinari. Bring him back. Pair him in the front court with Mitchell Robinson.

6. Trade Taj Gibson+ Elfrid Payton to Sacramento for Cory Joseph and Nemanja Bejilica. Sacramento needs backup PG to Fox, and could use a big to backup Bagely.

Now your team looks is a mixture of character, veterans, and still holding your young core together while adapting to the NBA of today. You also keep most of your cap flexibility

Robinson/Gasol
Gallinari/Bejilica
Toppin/Knox/Hughes
Rozier/Joseph/Frank N.

Obi at 3? Gasol taking the min? Don’t see either happening
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,986

Post#1745 » by Richard4444 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:51 am

Robinson/Gasol
Gallinari/Bejilica
Toppin/Knox/Hughes
Rozier/Joseph/Frank N.

Charlotte will not trade down to get Randle and Dennis.

Obi is a bad choice for #8. It's an awful choice for #3. And he is a PF (maybe lowball center).

Gasol is not taking the minimum to play for us. He might come back to Europe.

Hughes is a reach at #27.

Its a bad deal to take 10M Taj team option. Kings need cap relief. I would not be surprised if they just unload Bjelica for free. I would only take Cory Salary for a pick. And his style is quite similar to Frank.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,130

Post#1746 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:09 am

Looks like OKC lost some money this year, according to an Athletic article. Hold their feet to the fire!
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,977

Post#1747 » by Capn'O » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:29 am

dakomish23 wrote:27 & 38 for any of these 3

Bagley
Bamba
WCJ

Yay or nay

Yes, and run
Maybe
Yes, and run

We can move them later if need be but those are much better assets.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1748 » by moocow007 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:55 am

Robinson/Gasol
Gallinari/Bejilica
Toppin/Knox/Hughes
Rozier/Joseph/Frank N.
You've never actually seen Toppin play have you? Are you related to Isiah Thomas?

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,631

Post#1749 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:21 am

I believe that Bleacher Report has published a trade rumor:

Randle and Payton to Cleveland for Kevin Love.
Free Palestine
Infinitimind
Senior
And1: 398

Post#1750 » by Infinitimind » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:54 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:I believe that Bleacher Report has published a trade rumor:

How many picks are the cavs giving us? 3 first round picks?
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,431

Post#1751 » by RHODEY » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:17 am

SARGO127 wrote:

Robinson/Gasol
Gallinari/Bejilica
Toppin/Knox/Hughes
Rozier/Joseph/Frank N.

Gasol is cooked , I dont want him, nor do I want Terry Rozier.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#1752 » by dakomish23 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:01 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:I believe that Bleacher Report has published a trade rumor:

They better be giving us #5 at the minimum, which is something I’d strongly consider if I’m a believer in the talent in this draft. IE, you get Hayes at 5, Nesmith at 8, Bane ( :lol: ) at 27.

I assume he’s linked to us b/c a lot of the current writers who write these type of pieces were kids when the Knicks did this type of dumb **** under Zeke, so they think it’s the same old same old.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#1753 » by dakomish23 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:04 am

Robinson/Gasol
Gallinari/Bejilica
Toppin/Knox/Hughes
Rozier/Joseph/Frank N.

Why would they trade down for Julius Randle and DSJ when Rozier was actually somewhat efficient for them?

51% EFG / 55% TS

He’d actually be the best guard we have :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1754 » by moocow007 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:25 pm

DaGawd wrote:Greek sounds more and more like he's out of Milwaukee.. time to offer a trade of RJ and all the picks we can muster and see if the Bucks bite..

What to offer the Bucks for Giannis?

And before anyone starts with the "but he can't shoot 3's"...just stop.

And yes even with him being a free agent after this upcoming season. Bird Rights in this day and age absolutely is invaluable when it comes to the max guys, especially Giannis. You get him, in NY, and you'll get that 2nd superstar willing to come in 2021 free agency (won't matter who the owner is). Then you build around those 2. Its a much better state than hoping that they finally get a lucky bounce in the right draft and select the right guy.
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,034

Post#1755 » by Reign23 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:45 pm

Robinson/Gasol
Gallinari/Bejilica
Toppin/Knox/Hughes
Rozier/Joseph/Frank N.

this is one of the worst offseasons I can imagine.
formerly known as knickst4pe
provecy15
Senior

Post#1756 » by provecy15 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:45 pm

Reign23 wrote:

Robinson/Gasol
Gallinari/Bejilica
Toppin/Knox/Hughes
Rozier/Joseph/Frank N.

this is one of the worst offseasons I can imagine.

You guys are the Knicks. You can't be any worse. This team, in the East, would have a chance to make the playoffs next year. You need higher character guys, like Gasol and Joseph who have championship experience. Chicago and Cleveland are raving about Toppin; especially in a draft that isn;t so clear cut on top end talent.
provecy15
Senior

Post#1757 » by provecy15 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:50 pm

RHODEY wrote:
SARGO127 wrote:

Robinson/Gasol
Gallinari/Bejilica
Toppin/Knox/Hughes
Rozier/Joseph/Frank N.

Gasol is cooked , I dont want him, nor do I want Terry Rozier.

Chicago and Cleveland are hoping Toppin will be on the board when they select. This draft is a mystery of talent at the top, and typically the draft is a crapshoot (Donovan Mitchell, Pascal Siakim, etc). To build a franchise you need high character guys like Gasol and Joseph, who also have championship experience. Rozier has playoff experience with Boston and helped nearly take them to the finals a few years back, before they ran into the Cavs. Charlotte is open to trading the 3rd pick because of the young talent they already have, and MJ isn't exactly dying to draft Lamelo Ball (mainly because of dealing with Lavar).
provecy15
Senior

Post#1758 » by provecy15 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:53 pm

dakomish23 wrote:

Robinson/Gasol
Gallinari/Bejilica
Toppin/Knox/Hughes
Rozier/Joseph/Frank N.

Why would they trade down for Julius Randle and DSJ when Rozier was actually somewhat efficient for them?

51% EFG / 55% TS

He’d actually be the best guard we have :lol:

Devonte Graham is the reason. Rozier has been on the trade block since the all-star break because of his play. Rozier is good, if he's in the right system (ala Boston). He just needs to be the main guard (ball handler).
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,631

Post#1759 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:30 pm

dakomish23 wrote:

They better be giving us #5 at the minimum, which is something I’d strongly consider if I’m a believer in the talent in this draft. IE, you get Hayes at 5, Nesmith at 8, Bane ( :lol: ) at 27.

I assume he’s linked to us b/c a lot of the current writers who write these type of pieces were kids when the Knicks did this type of dumb **** under Zeke, so they think it’s the same old same old.

Get me Deni and Nesmith and I’ll live with Bane at 27. :lol:
Free Palestine
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,431

Post#1760 » by RHODEY » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:13 pm

Return to New York Knicks