ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions thread - To the offseason!

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,759

Re: Trades and Transactions thread - To the offseason! 

Post#1861 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:08 am

moocow007 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:Who needs Jimmy Butler when we can sign Julius Randle

Read on Twitter

To be fair though, A TON of guys on this board wanted nothing to do with Butler either when he was brought up as a free agent option. Something along the lines of Butler is overrated, wrong side of 30, too much miles, malcontent (cause of Minny LOL), not a real superstar and not worth the contract, treadmill team, etc.. Including a lot of guys that are now jumping on the Butler bandwagon and talking about how the Knicks should have signed him. Come on, those of you that wanted nothing to do with Butler, be a man and raise your hand. So kinda hypocritical for some folks now to be blasting and mocking the Knicks front office for basically following through on what most their fans wanted, no? The Knicks front office deserves blame but this one?

Jimmy wouldn’t have worked out here anyways. Butler by himself isn’t enough and you saw what Mills and Perry brought in here. He shot 24% from three this year. The Heat works cuz everyone can shoot except him. I think Portis was the only “shooters” signed that shot league average. Can you imagine the spacing with Payton, RJ, Butler, Randle, and Mitch? SOmehow RJ shot the best % from three in that line up. Even if Kemba was his wingman, I don’t we’d have enough to make this same run as the Heat have. Kemba was pretty bad these playoffs and probably the 4th best players on C’s in the bubble.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,020

Post#1862 » by moocow007 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:48 am

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:Who needs Jimmy Butler when we can sign Julius Randle

Read on Twitter

To be fair though, A TON of guys on this board wanted nothing to do with Butler either when he was brought up as a free agent option. Something along the lines of Butler is overrated, wrong side of 30, too much miles, malcontent (cause of Minny LOL), not a real superstar and not worth the contract, treadmill team, etc.. Including a lot of guys that are now jumping on the Butler bandwagon and talking about how the Knicks should have signed him. Come on, those of you that wanted nothing to do with Butler, be a man and raise your hand. So kinda hypocritical for some folks now to be blasting and mocking the Knicks front office for basically following through on what most their fans wanted, no? The Knicks front office deserves blame but this one?

Jimmy wouldn’t have worked out here anyways. Butler by himself isn’t enough and you saw what Mills and Perry brought in here. He shot 24% from three this year. The Heat works cuz everyone can shoot except him. I think Portis was the only “shooters” signed that shot league average. Can you imagine the spacing with Payton, RJ, Butler, Randle, and Mitch? SOmehow RJ shot the best % from three in that line up. Even if Kemba was his wingman, I don’t we’d have enough to make this same run as the Heat have. Kemba was pretty bad these playoffs and probably the 4th best players on C’s in the bubble.

3 point role players are easier to find that guys like Butler. Knicks not being able to find either aside...

But sure, the fit wasn't great, but folks seem to be now kissing Butler's ass when it's the same folks that were calling him a bum and a malcontent. The hypocrisy is what I have issues with. :D
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1863 » by moocow007 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:53 am

TBri1974 wrote:What would you guys think about a trade of Ntilikina and Randle for Griffin and the #7. It means we can take the BPA and the BPA at the cost of one additional year of heavy salary. It is not a strong draft, and I happen to love Ntilikina, so I am not tied to this idea, just floating it out there given Detroit was a Frank fan.

Griffin was a much worse player than Randle this past season (mind boggling right?), is breaking down in front of everyone's eyes as a player and he's owed 3 years $115 million (compared to 1 year and $24 million for Randle...assuming buyout). Griffin would assume the role of target of Knick fans Wrath right quick at his current state when Knick fans realize they aren't getting the prime time Clippers version of Blake. And I'm not sure that adding a Tyrese Haliburton type is going to make up for it.
TBri1974
Pro Prospect
And1: 385

Post#1864 » by TBri1974 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:14 am

I thought he only had 2 more years - one more than Randle. I agree he is breaking down, but they would be giving us a lottery pick for our troubles. That being said, I like Frank - and value cap space - so am not certain I am sold on the idea myself.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#1865 » by chrbal » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:16 pm

TBri1974 wrote:I thought he only had 2 more years - one more than Randle. I agree he is breaking down, but they would be giving us a lottery pick for our troubles. That being said, I like Frank - and value cap space - so am not certain I am sold on the idea myself.

2 years/$75 million. Pistons wouldn’t make this offer though
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#1866 » by dakomish23 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:19 pm

Cross him off the list

Read on Twitter
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Infinitimind
Senior
And1: 398

Post#1867 » by Infinitimind » Thu Oct 1, 2020 1:43 am

Anyone willing to give josh Jackson a look?
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1868 » by moocow007 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 2:01 am

Infinitimind wrote:Anyone willing to give josh Jackson a look?

Yes. Josh Jackson is actually an example of what could be a smart value signing for the Knicks. Jackson by many accounts has been working extremely hard to turn around his derailed career both mentally and from a skills standpoint. With the new development team they've brought in it could be worth a look. Should be able to be signed for a cheap short term contract with some team options built in. Jackson always had talent. There's a reason he was drafted 4th overall in 2017. He's still just 23 years old. He could be the 2020-2021 version of a Christian Wood type player who finally puts all of it together.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Post#1869 » by blanko » Thu Oct 1, 2020 7:11 am

moocow007 wrote:
WargamesX wrote:So If D’antoni goes to Philly. We could probably highjack them for assets to take on Horford.

There is a lot of options there. We could Potentially swap Randle, ask for this years pick #21 and probably one of their young players.

Maybe even Thybulle, who doesn’t fit D’antoni’s system but could come in and help the Knicks immediately since they are going to be defense oriented.

Moving Horford has to be a priority for them and on the low we would be one of the few teams that can do it, and give them cap relief now and even more next year. We could also send them #27 with Randle so they could still try and grab a player in this years draft.

It’s makes a lot of sense for us, except we would be stuck with Horford. But moving up, getting a good player..... it might be worth it.

Horfords contract is brutal (3 years $80 million) and they have absolutely no need for an $80 million backup C with a ton of mileage on his body. The Knicks can probably buy a 1st rounder in that range for $3 million. Thybulle isn't worth anywhere remotely near the other 3 years $77 million. The only 2 Sixers that would be worth taking Horfords contract is Simmons and Embiid. And you want us to give the Sixers the Clippers pick? More like the Sixers will need to be giving the Knicks multiple future picks and pick swaps.

We would need 2 1sts and then some to take on al

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#1870 » by dakomish23 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:24 pm

Read on Twitter
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
NewYorkPride85
Senior
And1: 353

Post#1871 » by NewYorkPride85 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:45 pm

blanko wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
WargamesX wrote:So If D’antoni goes to Philly. We could probably highjack them for assets to take on Horford.

There is a lot of options there. We could Potentially swap Randle, ask for this years pick #21 and probably one of their young players.

Maybe even Thybulle, who doesn’t fit D’antoni’s system but could come in and help the Knicks immediately since they are going to be defense oriented.

Moving Horford has to be a priority for them and on the low we would be one of the few teams that can do it, and give them cap relief now and even more next year. We could also send them #27 with Randle so they could still try and grab a player in this years draft.

It’s makes a lot of sense for us, except we would be stuck with Horford. But moving up, getting a good player..... it might be worth it.

Horfords contract is brutal (3 years $80 million) and they have absolutely no need for an $80 million backup C with a ton of mileage on his body. The Knicks can probably buy a 1st rounder in that range for $3 million. Thybulle isn't worth anywhere remotely near the other 3 years $77 million. The only 2 Sixers that would be worth taking Horfords contract is Simmons and Embiid. And you want us to give the Sixers the Clippers pick? More like the Sixers will need to be giving the Knicks multiple future picks and pick swaps.

Give us 2021 pick and pistons 2021 2nd round pick and we will gladly take him off the sixers hands
Jimmit79
Head Coach
And1: 5,251

Post#1872 » by Jimmit79 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 8:44 pm

Sure Knicks can't shoot it's perfect place for him.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#1873 » by WargamesX » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:08 am

NewYorkPride85 wrote:
blanko wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

Give us 2021 pick and pistons 2021 2nd round pick and we will gladly take him off the sixers hands

With Doc there now I don’t know. They might try to make Horford work.....
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man
And1: 1,125

Post#1874 » by bleedblue3303 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 8:10 pm

WargamesX wrote:
NewYorkPride85 wrote:
blanko wrote:We would need 2 1sts and then some to take on al

I actually think this was a horrible hiring. When there was Lob City, Doc couldn't make the personalities work. With the past clippers team, Doc couldn't make the personalities work. how in the world is he gonna make it work with Simmons and Embid? I think one of them is def gone.
Infinitimind
Senior
And1: 398

Post#1875 » by Infinitimind » Sat Oct 3, 2020 1:28 am

Jimmit79 wrote:

I see it as a kid with talent and great defensive who hasn’t been developed right. Low risk high reward type of thing
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,758

Post#1876 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Oct 3, 2020 8:27 am

WargamesX wrote:
NewYorkPride85 wrote:
blanko wrote:We would need 2 1sts and then some to take on al

He won't work though. He's a center.
Jimmit79
Head Coach
And1: 5,251

Post#1877 » by Jimmit79 » Sat Oct 3, 2020 9:56 am

Infinitimind wrote:
Jimmit79 wrote:

I see it as a kid with talent and great defensive who hasn’t been developed right. Low risk high reward type of thing
Cause knicks are expert development environment right lmao

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,612

Post#1878 » by KnicksGadfly » Sat Oct 3, 2020 12:55 pm

Folks now loving Jimmy Butler after they spent a ton of time trashing him to prop up Thibs' record in Minny.

No Butler, no Minny playoffs.

https://theathletic.com/2102252/
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1879 » by moocow007 » Sat Oct 3, 2020 3:48 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:Folks now loving Jimmy Butler after they spent a ton of time trashing him to prop up Thibs' record in Minny.

No Butler, no Minny playoffs.

https://theathletic.com/2102252/
Thibs and Butler (in no particular order) were the 2 main reasons why the Wolves made the playoffs and were at least respectable. What was funny were those people that said that the Wolves were better off without either and instead should entrust their future to the "Young Guns" (KAT and Wiggins) and a more modern system. Wolves then went right back to sucking like the Knicks.

bleedblue3303
Sixth Man
And1: 1,125

Post#1880 » by bleedblue3303 » Sat Oct 3, 2020 7:13 pm

moocow007 wrote:

Yes. Josh Jackson is actually an example of what could be a smart value signing for the Knicks. Jackson by many accounts has been working extremely hard to turn around his derailed career both mentally and from a skills standpoint. With the new development team they've brought in it could be worth a look. Should be able to be signed for a cheap short term contract with some team options built in. Jackson always had talent. There's a reason he was drafted 4th overall in 2017. He's still just 23 years old. He could be the 2020-2021 version of a Christian Wood type player who finally puts all of it together.

I sign Jackson asap. First day I have Thibs give him the talk. "You want me to make you the next Jimmy Butler or you want to be out of the league after this contract. Up to you."

Return to New York Knicks