ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions thread - To the offseason!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,155

Re: Trades and Transactions thread - To the offseason! 

Post#1921 » by KnicksGadfly » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:33 am

Oh yea, for a potential CP3 trade, I heard OKC was hurting for money? Anyone have any insight? I'd love it if we could play hardball.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,306

Post#1922 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:01 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:Oh yea, for a potential CP3 trade, I heard OKC was hurting for money? Anyone have any insight? I'd love it if we could play hardball.

The other day I was against it, but now I'm all in for a CPaul trade, but only if it includes the following:

Knox
Frank
#8 pick
2021 Mavs pick
Portis\Payton\Ellington (waived by OKC)

Knicks retain and extend Randle.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread X [marks the spot] (Knicks own #8 pick, 11/18 DRAFT) 

Post#1923 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:03 pm

TGW wrote:
moocow007 wrote:[Wall may never play again

Um, Wall is playing basketball now. As a matter of fact, he's been healthy since March. The Wizards have held him out for insurance purposes (they got paid out on Wall's salary this year), but he's fine.

I know you hated the original idea, but don't go overboard.

;t=558s&ab_channel=Ballislife

;ab_channel=TheBallGame

Is this player worth 50 million a year? Because that's just about what he's getting.

Normally, I'd be against it, but now I'm thinking the Knicks should go all in all wall, but only if it costs them picks.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,401

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread X [marks the spot] (Knicks own #8 pick, 11/18 DRAFT) 

Post#1924 » by robillionaire » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:55 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
TGW wrote:
moocow007 wrote:[Wall may never play again

Um, Wall is playing basketball now. As a matter of fact, he's been healthy since March. The Wizards have held him out for insurance purposes (they got paid out on Wall's salary this year), but he's fine.

;ab_channel=TheBallGame

Is this player worth 50 million a year? Because that's just about what he's getting.

Normally, I'd be against it, but now I'm thinking the Knicks should go all in all wall, but only if it costs them picks.

do we need to send somebody to come check on you
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1925 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:40 pm

robillionaire wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
TGW wrote:

;ab_channel=TheBallGame

do we need to send somebody to come check on you

:-) I just want the Knicks to keep Knicking
Cookies4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,411

Post#1926 » by Cookies4Life » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:43 pm

I've watched some of John Wall's pickup games. He looks slow. His game was always centered around his speed and athleticism and based off his age and injury history, we'd be lucky if he came back around 60-65% of what he used to be.

That's the worst contract in the league by FAR- it usurps CP3's and Westbrook's with ease. The Wizards would have to send multiple unprotected FRP's for Knicks to even consider that trade. While Troy Brown is a nice player with a versatile game, he can't shoot worth a lick and isn't someone I'd consider to be a prize asset.

At least 3 unprotected FRP's sounds about right. The Wizards put themselves in a hole giving John that contract, we don't need to save that franchise from their inevitable despair.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#1927 » by newyorker4ever » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:29 pm

I really didn't know what thread to put this in and didn't want to start a thread about it cause not sure enough people on here care but wondering if any of you saw the documentary they did on HBO about Craig Carton from the Boomer and Carton show and how everything fell apart for him with his gambling addiction? Like i said it was on HBO and the name of it was--Wild Card: The Downfall of a Radio Loudmouth.

I thought it was pretty good and pretty crazy some of the things he was doing. I was a big fan of the Boomer and Carton show. I think he'll be given a shot by another station somewhere at some point cause he's just too good at being a radio shock jock.

Hope you guys don't mind i put it in this thread and also putting it in the college draft thread cause i'm interested in what any of you think and if you watched it.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,155

Post#1928 » by KnicksGadfly » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:58 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:Oh yea, for a potential CP3 trade, I heard OKC was hurting for money? Anyone have any insight? I'd love it if we could play hardball.

The other day I was against it, but now I'm all in for a CPaul trade, but only if it includes the following:

Knox
Frank
#8 pick
2021 Mavs pick

This trade is not fair unless we can dump RJ and Mitch's onerous contracts.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,640

Post#1929 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:09 am

This draft can come soon enough

Read on Twitter
Free Palestine
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,267

Post#1930 » by Oscirus » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:50 am

Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#1931 » by robillionaire » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:07 pm

Oscirus wrote:So everybody else getting good trades and they suggesting bull for us

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2911979-the-best-trade-offer-every-nba-lottery-team-could-hear-on-draft-night

True but at least they suggested the warriors trade which is really the trade I'm hoping for.

kanter, langford, 14 and 30, for 8 and taj gibson might not be that bad

langford still has some potential, you could probably get just as good of a player at 14 as you can at 8, and then add the 30th who could end up being another steal

but being forced to have kanter sideshow here again for another year is what makes this a no for me

honestly it just depends on who is there at 8. if the guys I like aren't on the board anymore at 8 (okoro, hayes, toppin), I'd go for it rather than draft someone who might not fit like okongwu or a role player like vassell just go 14th and then you can take patrick williams or rj hampton, precious, nesmith, maxey, poku etc. one of those dudes will certainly be there.

Then you still have 27, 30 in the first round who could be used for 2 promising guys to add to the core, maybe a PG that falls such as kira, terry, cole, bolmaro, tre jones, mannion, or a shooter like bane, really hard to say who will still be on the board. but 3 first round picks sounds nice
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,863

Post#1932 » by 8516knicks » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:56 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Knox
Frank
#8 pick
2021 Mavs pick

This trade is not fair unless we can dump RJ and Mitch's onerous contracts.

We need to free up as much space as we can to MAX Knox to a ten year deal.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1933 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:08 pm

Oscirus wrote:So everybody else getting good trades and they suggesting bull for us

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2911979-the-best-trade-offer-every-nba-lottery-team-could-hear-on-draft-night

That's because the Knicks suck and they know it.

Other franchises make exciting or useful trades.
The Knicks stay picking scrubs around pick 8.
It's the way it was, the way it is, and the way it's always going to be.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1934 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:16 pm

Is there any way the Knicks can trade for both of Wall and CP3?

That would be awesome.

Al Horford could round out their "Big 3"
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,385

Post#1935 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:19 pm

If John Wall is healthy, I wouldn’t mind him here. People forget how good he was
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1936 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:32 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:If John Wall is healthy, I wouldn’t mind him here. People forget how good he was

He's making nearly 50 million a year
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,988

Post#1937 » by Richard4444 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:19 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Is there any way the Knicks can trade for both of Wall and CP3?

Giving away FRPs for both!!
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,385

Post#1938 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:35 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:If John Wall is healthy, I wouldn’t mind him here. People forget how good he was

He’s a top 5 PG in the league when healthy. I’ll take that all day. And on top of that we’re getting the #1 pick, #9 pick and Troy Brown Jr. Sign me up
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#1939 » by robillionaire » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:46 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

He’s a top 5 PG in the league when healthy. I’ll take that all day. And on top of that we’re getting the #1 pick, #9 pick and Troy Brown Jr. Sign me up

John Wall is one of my favorite players but let’s be real his game is heavily dependent on speed and athleticism, no way is he 50% of what he used to be after torn Achilles. And he never was a shooter either so can’t really fall back on that.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,261

Post#1940 » by DOT » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:53 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

I mean, he won't be the same

He hasn't played in 2 whole years, plus he's a 30 year old coming off a torn achilles he suffered while recovering from another leg injury. Plus the 2 seasons leading up to that injury he played in 73 total games

You have to look at him as essentially a 3 year 130 million dollar money sink at this point. Which you would need to get the #1 pick for that to be worth it.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe

Return to New York Knicks