ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions thread - To the offseason!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

TBri1974
Pro Prospect
And1: 385

Re: Trade suggestion 

Post#2041 » by TBri1974 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:51 pm

robillionaire wrote:
nyk2017 wrote:I have a trade thought. 2020 draft is a weak draft without any clear cut franchise player. We need a PG like Ball. Can we pull off a trade to move up in the draft such as:

GSW get Knox, DSJr, #8 pick

NYK - Wiggins, #2 pick

Wiggins has definitely proven himself to be over rated. GSW need the cap flexibility to continue to compete during Klay's and Curry's prime. They can perhaps hope to get some value in the #8 pick to be a role player. They may be able to use Knox and DSJr is a way that takes the pressure off them. We get #2 pick and Ball. We also get Wiggins who may not be great, but I doubt we will be competing in the next 3 years and so not as much of a salary albatross.

Thoughts, or just too stupid of a trade possibility.

i'd certainly do that trade, I don't think the warriors would though, they want to win a championship not trade for guys like knox and dsj

GSW would do that trade, we should not. Wiggins is a terrible contract. Knox and DSJ have upside. I don't know if I would trade Knox, DSJ and #27 for Wiggins and the #2 pick. Don't give up our cap flexibility so easily in a weak draft. Ball is a good prospect but far from a sure thing. There is a reason there is no consensus #1 pick in this weak draft.

Return to New York Knicks