ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Democratic Primary Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Who are you voting for?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:48 pm

Joe Biden - I have no idea why, and I also forgot what year it is
28%
Bernie Sanders - I am an intelligent human being, and understand Sanders is our last hope and America needs him
58%
Tulsi Gabbard (Dropped Out) - Ringo Starr is also my favorite Beatle
14%

Total votes: 65

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,880

Re: OT: Democratic Primary Thread 

Post#1701 » by GONYK » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:39 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
Strick wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:NY Times:

Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill Troops, U.S. Intelligence Says

The Trump administration has been deliberating for months about what, if anything, to do about an explosive intelligence assessment.

This is a ridiculous, yet not surprising. Known about it since March and has not done anything about it. While he chats with him earlier this month and wants to get Russia in the G7?

This may turn into the scandal Trump can't deflect with his usual distractions, because (a) Trump is so weak now, (b) this looks to be the kind of easy to consume news story that proves Trump's allegiance with Putin and (c) it is about troops at risk.

Combine (b) and (c) = pissed off "patriots" even Trumpers.

My speculation of the moment is how widely leaked this story was around the Pentagon. My guess is this intel made the rounds which would explain why so many generals and admirals made a public display of lining up behind Biden for this election. I saw a major military defection in progress and I thought it was about more than teargassing peaceful demonstrators. Just a hunch, but something has been gnawing at the guts of military leadership for a while now and this is a death blow to Trump's support among military leadership even if some of the soldiers remain Trumpy.
Read on Twitter
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,177

Post#1702 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:16 am

GONYK wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Strick wrote:This is a ridiculous, yet not surprising. Known about it since March and has not done anything about it. While he chats with him earlier this month and wants to get Russia in the G7?

This may turn into the scandal Trump can't deflect with his usual distractions, because (a) Trump is so weak now, (b) this looks to be the kind of easy to consume news story that proves Trump's allegiance with Putin and (c) it is about troops at risk.

Combine (b) and (c) = pissed off "patriots" even Trumpers.

My speculation of the moment is how widely leaked this story was around the Pentagon. My guess is this intel made the rounds which would explain why so many generals and admirals made a public display of lining up behind Biden for this election. I saw a major military defection in progress and I thought it was about more than teargassing peaceful demonstrators. Just a hunch, but something has been gnawing at the guts of military leadership for a while now and this is a death blow to Trump's support among military leadership even if some of the soldiers remain Trumpy.
Read on Twitter

Excellent. Once again, the Lincoln Project serves up Trump's head on a platter. This is a big one and it is going to have legs.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1703 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:39 am

Perhaps this will be the kick in the pants for the average American to get their head out of their butts and start to grapple with the very real problem of Trump's allegiance to Putin.

Trump's a traitor, the Russians helped Trump steal the last election and Barr shut down Mueller and withheld the more salacious details in the report.

For too long people all across the political spectrum have shunted aside those who said: "here is an actual conspiracy for once, wake TF up America." There's lots of paranoid fantasies in the political world, but Trump's alliance with Putin is not one of them. It is right to be paranoid, because it is not a fantasy.

And anybody who also works for RT or Sputnik is working for the enemy. It is high time to stop pretending outlets like the Intercept are legit journalists operating in an objective manner towards American interests. Tara Reade's lawyer worked for Sputnik, Russia's state propaganda division.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1704 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:49 am

This is what the Russian embassy posted tonight

Read on Twitter

No doubt Putin feels like he can get away with anything. It is obvious why
Bulls69
Head Coach
And1: 411

Post#1705 » by Bulls69 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:48 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Bulls69 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
I think we really need to stay away from the national polls. They mean nothing.

I saw a poll tonight on Hayes’s show. Biden only up 1% on Trump in Ohio. I haven’t seen the other updated battleground state polls but I understand that the NY Time is coming out with one tomorrow.

That's actually good news for Biden in Ohio Trump won Ohio by 8 points in 2016 Bloomberg is going to carpet bomb the battle ground states for Biden.

Let's hope Trump keeps burying himself like he has been. Trump focusing on statues of dead confederates instead of COVID is like Nero fiddling while Rome burned.

My sphincter could be beat Trump in this election. Seriously.

Just give Trump a mic and step aside
Knicksgod wrote: I know LeBron won't go to Chicago. There could be another surprise team, but if he leaves Cleveland, then teaming with Bosh and Gallo in NYC is a likely scenario.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1706 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:52 am

This scandal is going to bury him.

Trump is a loser. He is loyal to no one. He stiffs his vendors. He shafts his creditors. And when the going gets rough he bails. Declared bankruptcy six times.

I'd say the odds are growing daily he will resign before the election because the one thing his pathetic little ego can't handle is being on the losing end of the biggest landslide loss in American political history.

This is turning into too big of a deficit to steal this election. I'm still damn concerned about the GOP's election tactics and hack attacks on voter rolls and actual voting machines, but if we're looking at at 20% or greater spread that is too great a margin to steal.

If Trump felt he could steal this he'd be slightly more confident, but yesterday he actually said he is going to lose the election to Biden. That's nuts, but he's nuts and in cognitive decline.

I don't want him to resign though. I want him to lose and have to read on November 4th all of the "You're Fired" headlines in the newspapers around the country and the world.

And we have better odds of taking the senate with Trump on the ticket. So I hope he stays and suffers. I just have my doubts now that he will.

I find it hard to believe Trump's staff want him to debate. He's pathetic. All of those who were claiming Biden will drool on the microphone were straight up FOS. He'll wipe the floor with Trump.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Post#1707 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:33 pm

This excites me. From the NYT:

Karen Bass, Leading Voice in Policing Debate, Is Under Consideration for V.P.

Ms. Bass, the chairwoman of the Congressional Black Caucus, has been in touch with advisers to Joseph R. Biden Jr. who have been tasked with screening candidates for the vice presidency.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 28,567

Post#1708 » by Fat Kat » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:34 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Post#1709 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:49 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

It’s incredible to me how Trump created the atmosphere which gave the racist White supremacist types cover to show us who they really are.

They were always there but silent about it until they got behind closed doors with their friends and family. Just last week, one guy from my neighborhood, a Republican who routinely agrees with me in our conversations about the police, recently sent a group text to our group of dog owners by mistake which said the following:

“He must be a N-word-loving, cop-hating Jew.”

I responded by simply saying “I’m not Jewish.” Then the dude starts texting me all of this anti-police articles. FOH. When people reveal themselves to you believe them.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,632

Post#1710 » by Pointgod » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:30 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:Perhaps this will be the kick in the pants for the average American to get their head out of their butts and start to grapple with the very real problem of Trump's allegiance to Putin.

Trump's a traitor, the Russians helped Trump steal the last election and Barr shut down Mueller and withheld the more salacious details in the report.

For too long people all across the political spectrum have shunted aside those who said: "here is an actual conspiracy for once, wake TF up America." There's lots of paranoid fantasies in the political world, but Trump's alliance with Putin is not one of them. It is right to be paranoid, because it is not a fantasy.

And anybody who also works for RT or Sputnik is working for the enemy. It is high time to stop pretending outlets like the Intercept are legit journalists operating in an objective manner towards American interests. Tara Reade's lawyer worked for Sputnik, Russia's state propaganda division.

Well we’ll see how strong white supremacy is this November. You’d think that this and top military leaders speaking out against him and now the news of him doing nothing when Putin puts out bounties on American troops. You’d think this would cause him to lose the military support but white supremacy is a hell of a drug.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,880

Post#1711 » by GONYK » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:49 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,608

Post#1712 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:12 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

I like her
Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1713 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:53 pm

Pointgod wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:Perhaps this will be the kick in the pants for the average American to get their head out of their butts and start to grapple with the very real problem of Trump's allegiance to Putin.

Well we’ll see how strong white supremacy is this November. You’d think that this and top military leaders speaking out against him and now the news of him doing nothing when Putin puts out bounties on American troops. You’d think this would cause him to lose the military support but white supremacy is a hell of a drug.

Indeed. We shall see. If this population can't vote out the GOP after all of this then I'll be looking for another passport.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1714 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:04 pm

Read on Twitter

They not only chanted white power, I'm pretty sure I heard multiple instances of people asking where's your white heart? ugh

I hope Trump + White Power is the lead item of every newscast tonight
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1715 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:13 pm

America is not likely to ever be without racists, but I don't see very much changing for the better if there remains people with these beliefs in high positions who empower the rest of the racists.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,850

Post#1716 » by Fury » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:17 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Read on Twitter

They not only chanted white power, I'm pretty sure I heard multiple instances of people asking where's your white heart? ugh

It should be news but I feel like this was intentional to distract his treason regarding the US Military. That bounty **** is awful and I think he’s trying to cover it up in the news cycle. We all know Trump is racist, and no one around him is gonna care. The bounty needs to be out there
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1717 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:31 pm

Fury wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Read on Twitter

It should be news but I feel like this was intentional to distract his treason regarding the US Military. That bounty **** is awful and I think he’s trying to cover it up in the news cycle. We all know Trump is racist, and no one around him is gonna care. The bounty needs to be out there

Let's see if the MSM craps the bed or gets it right. I feel Trump owes a lot to the big outlets for the free coverage he got in 2016. It helped him win. After that, the media just let Trump's tweets and scandal du jour dictate the news cycle instead of digging in ferociously on a few key corruption angles and doing the kinds of exposes great journalists produced in this country in the past.

If the NYTimes can expose Harvey Weinstein, they can expose Trump, yet they choose not to go all the way. Trump's money laundering past and Russian connection (and Saudi,UAE, Turkish & Chinese graft as well) are deep wells for investigation that would produce pulitzers and take him down, but they never put their resources into it.

The only person I see who will doggedly chew on a single subject repeatedly like that is Maddow, but NBC doesn't get fully behind her. If they did, much of what she talks about on MSNBC would be on NBC affiliate stations around the country, but it doesn't happen. The rest of the talking heads have either short attention spans or specific grudges they repeat.

The Fifth Estate is a shell of its former self. It has been replaced by Facebook for most people.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1718 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:56 pm

5.38 has qualification rankings for each of the polling organizations they aggregate and the ones that range from A- to A+ are reporting unadjusted margins of 13, 15 and 18 points, respectively (CNBC/Hart, Sienna College/NYT and Marist College). That's Marist, not Marxist College
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1719 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:28 pm

This sequence is interesting.

Biden condemned Trump's retweeting the White Power video

A tweeter responds by showing Biden's 1977 comment when he was on the wrong side of the busing issue

Another tweeter responds with his fiery 1986 condemnation of the Afrikanner regime in SA

Some people evolve into better people, some don't. Biden made mistakes, but he has also made up for them. I'm able to support someone who learns from their mistakes and ends up on the right side of the issues. That man in the video dressing down George Schultz is inspiring. That was 34 years ago and it was nine years after the first remark.

P.S. I looked at the Rivera account and they appear to be a Trump supporter. Apparently, they thought posting Biden's comments against apartheid was a knock against Biden. The unintentional irony is so perfectly MAGA

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1720 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:31 pm

Read on Twitter

Happy 94th Birthday Mel Brooks!

Return to New York Knicks