ImageImageImageImageImage

2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 3)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,859

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 3) 

Post#461 » by 8516knicks » Tue Apr 7, 2020 3:34 pm

How does he shoot 42% from three and only 74% free throws?
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,388

Post#462 » by robillionaire » Tue Apr 7, 2020 4:44 pm

8516knicks wrote:How does he shoot 42% from three and only 74% free throws?

his attempts per game are somewhat low and that combined with the free throw% gives him a projected nba 3pt% of 35.7% which is still not bad but that's about what I'd expect
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,944

Post#463 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Apr 7, 2020 5:53 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:This guy is going to be a big steal. Please pick him up with one of our second rounders. Been watching him over the years and I am not sure why he doesn't get talked about more

i have a soft spot for him. he's skilled and crafty. but who does he defend in the NBA? similarly, are his offensive talents enough against NBA size/speed/skill on defense? he looks like the guy cooking up at the rec center. it'd be nice if he pans out, but i think he's a longshot and understandably deep into the second round. depending on how the wind blows he could UDFA.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#464 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Apr 7, 2020 5:57 pm

RHODEY wrote:
8516knicks wrote:Anybody else get Cole Anthony just in for himself but not as good as he thinks vibes from him like DSJ? Want no part of him.

He's not my top choice (I prefer Lamelo or Hayes) but I could get behind Cole because of his mentality. He is a dog, and dogs thrive in NYC, DSJ is a frog.

RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,378

Post#465 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Apr 7, 2020 11:55 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:This guy is going to be a big steal. Please pick him up with one of our second rounders. Been watching him over the years and I am not sure why he doesn't get talked about more

i have a soft spot for him. he's skilled and crafty. but who does he defend in the NBA? similarly, are his offensive talents enough against NBA size/speed/skill on defense? he looks like the guy cooking up at the rec center. it'd be nice if he pans out, but i think he's a longshot and understandably deep into the second round. depending on how the wind blows he could UDFA.

He'll prob guard 1's but I think his offense talent is legit. He has a pretty high IQ and can score at will. I personally would take the chance on him in the 2nd round.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,634

Post#466 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Apr 8, 2020 1:15 am

blanko wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Kevin’s son?
Lol

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk

Blanko, what’s so funny? :)
Free Palestine
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#467 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Apr 8, 2020 1:53 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

He'll prob guard 1's but I think his offense talent is legit. He has a pretty high IQ and can score at will. I personally would take the chance on him in the 2nd round.

def worth a shot
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#468 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Apr 8, 2020 4:12 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

def worth a shot

lol, Ron Baker
Free Palestine
blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Post#469 » by blanko » Wed Apr 8, 2020 5:12 am

Thoughts on derrick alston jr?

blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Post#470 » by blanko » Wed Apr 8, 2020 10:09 am

I dont mind the raptors strategy:
Find lengthy guys with good bball iq and teach them how to shoot.

robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,388

Post#471 » by robillionaire » Wed Apr 8, 2020 1:36 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:He'll prob guard 1's but I think his offense talent is legit. He has a pretty high IQ and can score at will. I personally would take the chance on him in the 2nd round.

def worth a shot

lol, Ron Baker

maybe we should bring Ron Baker back he's been hardened from playing in the russian leagues maybe sign him to another 2 years 8 million

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#472 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Apr 8, 2020 2:20 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:He'll prob guard 1's but I think his offense talent is legit. He has a pretty high IQ and can score at will. I personally would take the chance on him in the 2nd round.

def worth a shot

lol, Ron Baker

awwww. stop it. he and baker pretty much only have one thing in common. :lol:

ron baker has none of pritchard's talent on offense. the shooting. the passing. the "sauce." baker is textbook hardwork and toughness overachieving. whole different ball of hay.

baker is also really strong and stocky for his height. pritchard is undersized in every sense of the word. that's why i am concerned about his offense in the NBA too. he could get pushed around and find a lot less openings for his magic. NCAA defense is nothing compared to what he's going to see at the next level. so many guys like him can't make that adjustment. they get exposed early.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#473 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Apr 8, 2020 2:22 pm

robillionaire wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
def worth a shot

lol, Ron Baker

maybe we should bring Ron Baker back he's been hardened from playing in the russian leagues maybe sign him to another 2 years 8 million

baker was always hard as hell. i honestly think he could have developed similarly to his teammate FVV if he were in a similar situation. FVV is better, but really not too different playing styles. both tough as nails guards who don't do much flashy. FVV figured his scoring out in a major way. ron never got the jumper to fall consistently enough.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#474 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Apr 8, 2020 3:03 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
def worth a shot

lol, Ron Baker

ron baker has none of pritchard's talent on offense. the shooting. the passing. the "sauce." baker is textbook hardwork and toughness overachieving. whole different ball of hay.

baker is also really strong and stocky for his height. pritchard is undersized in every sense of the word. that's why i am concerned about his offense in the NBA too. he could get pushed around and find a lot less openings for his magic. NCAA defense is nothing compared to what he's going to see at the next level. so many guys like him can't make that adjustment. they get exposed early.

I really loved Ron and wanted him to succeed here in the worst way. He just couldn’t get that shot to fall consistently. Pritchard actually seems a little slower that Ron.
Free Palestine
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#475 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Apr 8, 2020 3:14 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
lol, Ron Baker

I really loved Ron and wanted him to succeed here in the worst way. He just couldn’t get that shot to fall consistently. Pritchard actually seems a little slower that Ron.

pritchard looks faster than baker to me. and he seems to do really well with change of speed, which is more important than actual speed (both in basketball and baseball (pitching)). baker was really strong for a guard, and had a crash dummy mentality like tyler psycho t hansborough. it's a hard way in today's NBA without significant athleticism. you have to be IMMENSELY skilled. i didn't see a standout skill in baker. love the guy to this day, but identity alone isn't enough.

i think if your team is already talented and functional, ron bakers are EXACTLY the kind of guys you need to fill out the roster.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,378

Post#476 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Apr 8, 2020 3:26 pm

The competition he faced is suspect but you can't deny his talent. Reminds me of Kevin Porter Jr
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,431

Post#477 » by RHODEY » Wed Apr 8, 2020 3:48 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:The competition he faced is suspect but you can't deny his talent. Reminds me of Kevin Porter Jr

Don't the Knicks already have enough scrubs?

Sorry I couldn't resist - low hanging fruit :D
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,125

Post#478 » by Juco24 » Wed Apr 8, 2020 4:34 pm

Never understood the Baker love... but Pritchard reminds me of McConnell. Definitely worth a look imo. Dude can flat out shoot
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#479 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Apr 8, 2020 5:12 pm

robillionaire wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
def worth a shot

lol, Ron Baker

he looks like billy hoyle out there. def a spring in his step we didn't see before. i wonder how much of that is competition and how much is progress as a player.

i'd love to see him back in the NBA. he looks a LOT quicker and looser.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,125

Post#480 » by Juco24 » Wed Apr 8, 2020 5:17 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
lol, Ron Baker

he looks like billy hoyle out there. def a spring in his step we didn't see before. i wonder how much of that is competition and how much is progress as a player.

i'd love to see him back in the NBA. he looks a LOT quicker and looser.

It's the hair. Lol j/k

Return to New York Knicks