ImageImageImageImageImage

Moar COVID 19 talk.

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, NoLayupRule, King of Canada, GONYK, mpharris36, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, Thugger HBC, j4remi, K-DOT, mrpoetryNmotion

User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
General Manager
Posts: 8,737
And1: 6,511
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#101 » by Are We Ther Yet » Mon May 25, 2020 3:21 pm

j4remi wrote:Shameless plug for my podcast, every episode hits a variety of topics in politics, pop culture and news (we try to mix humor with informative ish and perspectives). We've been doing a lot of Coronavirus stories, the entire first third of the latest episode. It covers our experiences as restrictions loosen, improving news we've gotten from our friends working in hospitals and some specific stories. Namely, the research out of Columbia that suggests locking down a week earlier would have saved 36,000 lives.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-fans-perspective/e/69884787?autoplay=true

There are other topics covered too: the Arbery case, Tekashi's terrible single, Biden's "You ain't black" comment and a wild story about an NFL player nearly getting shot by accident, so check us out if yall are interested. Sidenote: Episode 53 had a lot of COVID info and discussions too; a month old now but it got a lot of love.


Have you no shame? :lol:

Neither do I. :rock:
:beer: RIP mags
Jscratch1200
Sophomore
Posts: 117
And1: 113
Joined: Feb 02, 2019
     

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#102 » by Jscratch1200 » Mon May 25, 2020 5:40 pm

j4remi wrote:Shameless plug for my podcast, every episode hits a variety of topics in politics, pop culture and news (we try to mix humor with informative ish and perspectives). We've been doing a lot of Coronavirus stories, the entire first third of the latest episode. It covers our experiences as restrictions loosen, improving news we've gotten from our friends working in hospitals and some specific stories. Namely, the research out of Columbia that suggests locking down a week earlier would have saved 36,000 lives.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-fans-perspective/e/69884787?autoplay=true

There are other topics covered too: the Arbery case, Tekashi's terrible single, Biden's "You ain't black" comment and a wild story about an NFL player nearly getting shot by accident, so check us out if yall are interested. Sidenote: Episode 53 had a lot of COVID info and discussions too; a month old now but it got a lot of love.
Did not realize you did podcasts bro. I do a lot of traveling for work and have been looking for new things to listen to. Definitely will check it out.
User avatar
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 34,468
And1: 12,826
Joined: Jun 23, 2008
         

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#103 » by j4remi » Mon May 25, 2020 7:03 pm

Jscratch1200 wrote:Did not realize you did podcasts bro. I do a lot of traveling for work and have been looking for new things to listen to. Definitely will check it out.


Appreciate it fam!
Image
PG - Morris/Caruso
SG - Booker/B Brown/Z.Smith
SF - Culver/Hood/S Brown
PF - Gallo/ Patterson/Niang
C - Gobert/Gafford/Hartenstein



Ex A. Kaba

Finally a Recaps Stash:
https://medium.com/@j4remi
Barcs
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,598
And1: 295
Joined: Jan 27, 2013
Location: NJ
       

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#104 » by Barcs » Mon May 25, 2020 9:45 pm

Billy Goat wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:


Don't be a snowflake :D

All kidding aside, hope it works out for them. If I lived there, I wouldn't be participating right away, and won't here in northern Va.
Do I go outside? yeah
Do I go to a supermarket? Yeah, only when I have to. That's reasonable risk.
Would I go to a bar, restaurant or movie theater? Not only no. But f*ck no.
Will that impact some peoples livelihoods, based on my action and the action of others? I guess so. Tough luck.
No one ever said that sh*t is mandatory.
I was barely into those activities anyway. Can drink alcohol, make food and watch movies in better and nicer conditions at home, 90% of the time. I'll pass on that 10%.

I'll admire the bravery of everyone who wants to crowd together without a mask. Thanks for taking one for the team. I'll check things out next spring.

I wouldn't be against this easing with a more comprehensive testing and tracking regimen, but apparently things like that are way beyond the capabilities of the US of A anymore, while Korea, China and Vietnam finds it relatively easy to accomplish.


People are out and about and it’s fine. The fear mongering is bizarre.


Stop intentionally spreading ignorance. Look at all the places were people decided to ignore regulations and got their whole congregation sick. I guarantee there is big spike in numbers 1.5 weeks from today because people put emotion over biology.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 59,856
And1: 27,070
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#105 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue May 26, 2020 2:21 am

A neighbor friend of mine who does union contracting/construction work in Manhattan is starting work tomorrow which means he's taking the LIRR out of Massapequa to and from the City. We get our dogs together locally so I'm sure I'll get a report from him over the next couple days.
Image
User avatar
Fat Kat
RealGM
Posts: 27,029
And1: 17,427
Joined: Apr 19, 2004
     

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#106 » by Fat Kat » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:49 am

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
User avatar
King of Canada
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 16,252
And1: 11,815
Joined: Nov 03, 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
 

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#107 » by King of Canada » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:17 pm

Here in Halifax they opened up the bubbles and now we can get together in groups up to 10 with no social distancing. They recommend keeping your circles small, but it’s great. No new cases for 10 days.
BAF Pacers :king:

RIP mags :beer:
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 37,058
And1: 33,730
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#108 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:59 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

I wish I never moved to Florida. This guy is Donald trump 2.0.
Cavs Nation
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?

It's like when n*ggas make subliminal records
If it ain't directed directly at me, I don't respect it
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 37,058
And1: 33,730
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#109 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:47 pm

This aged well
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Cavs Nation
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?

It's like when n*ggas make subliminal records
If it ain't directed directly at me, I don't respect it
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 20,647
And1: 14,233
Joined: Jul 31, 2010
     

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#110 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:06 pm

Jscratch1200 wrote:
j4remi wrote:Shameless plug for my podcast, every episode hits a variety of topics in politics, pop culture and news (we try to mix humor with informative ish and perspectives). We've been doing a lot of Coronavirus stories, the entire first third of the latest episode. It covers our experiences as restrictions loosen, improving news we've gotten from our friends working in hospitals and some specific stories. Namely, the research out of Columbia that suggests locking down a week earlier would have saved 36,000 lives.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-fans-perspective/e/69884787?autoplay=true

There are other topics covered too: the Arbery case, Tekashi's terrible single, Biden's "You ain't black" comment and a wild story about an NFL player nearly getting shot by accident, so check us out if yall are interested. Sidenote: Episode 53 had a lot of COVID info and discussions too; a month old now but it got a lot of love.
Did not realize you did podcasts bro. I do a lot of traveling for work and have been looking for new things to listen to. Definitely will check it out.


word. i just subscribed too.
RIP magnumt

all we got iz us szn(s)
blanko
Starter
Posts: 2,131
And1: 953
Joined: Mar 14, 2015

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#111 » by blanko » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:35 pm

A shutdown again is pointless. We hand ten of thousands of people marching and shouting (some without masks) in every major us city.


Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk
User avatar
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 34,468
And1: 12,826
Joined: Jun 23, 2008
         

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#112 » by j4remi » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:43 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Jscratch1200 wrote:
j4remi wrote:Shameless plug for my podcast, every episode hits a variety of topics in politics, pop culture and news (we try to mix humor with informative ish and perspectives). We've been doing a lot of Coronavirus stories, the entire first third of the latest episode. It covers our experiences as restrictions loosen, improving news we've gotten from our friends working in hospitals and some specific stories. Namely, the research out of Columbia that suggests locking down a week earlier would have saved 36,000 lives.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-fans-perspective/e/69884787?autoplay=true

There are other topics covered too: the Arbery case, Tekashi's terrible single, Biden's "You ain't black" comment and a wild story about an NFL player nearly getting shot by accident, so check us out if yall are interested. Sidenote: Episode 53 had a lot of COVID info and discussions too; a month old now but it got a lot of love.
Did not realize you did podcasts bro. I do a lot of traveling for work and have been looking for new things to listen to. Definitely will check it out.


word. i just subscribed too.


Appreciate you fam, just dropped episode 57.
PG - Morris/Caruso
SG - Booker/B Brown/Z.Smith
SF - Culver/Hood/S Brown
PF - Gallo/ Patterson/Niang
C - Gobert/Gafford/Hartenstein



Ex A. Kaba

Finally a Recaps Stash:
https://medium.com/@j4remi
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 59,856
And1: 27,070
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#113 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:06 am

j4remi wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Jscratch1200 wrote:Did not realize you did podcasts bro. I do a lot of traveling for work and have been looking for new things to listen to. Definitely will check it out.


word. i just subscribed too.


Appreciate you fam, just dropped episode 57.


No no no no. We appreciate YOU. Now don’t @ me.
Image
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 59,856
And1: 27,070
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#114 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:44 am

j4remi wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Jscratch1200 wrote:Did not realize you did podcasts bro. I do a lot of traveling for work and have been looking for new things to listen to. Definitely will check it out.


word. i just subscribed too.


Appreciate you fam, just dropped episode 57.


I'm listening to it now. You guys are going to put Desus and Mero out of business.
Image
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 59,856
And1: 27,070
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#115 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:48 am

blanko wrote:A shutdown again is pointless. We hand ten of thousands of people marching and shouting (some without masks) in every major us city.


Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk


I'm hearing reports that the stats on COVID spread at the protest are practically nada. I think it's a combination of the protests being outside and the protesters wearing masks. (Duh! :lol: )

I don't think they're pointless. Beijing is reinstated its shutdown. Other places with have to as well. The second wave is coming.
Image
blanko
Starter
Posts: 2,131
And1: 953
Joined: Mar 14, 2015

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#116 » by blanko » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:58 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
blanko wrote:A shutdown again is pointless. We hand ten of thousands of people marching and shouting (some without masks) in every major us city.


Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk


I'm hearing reports that the stats on COVID spread at the protest are practically nada. I think it's a combination of the protests being outside and the protesters wearing masks. (Duh! )

I don't think they're pointless. Beijing is reinstated its shutdown. Other places with have to as well. The second wave is coming.
Lets be honest guys like deblasio are systematically playing down protest infection numbers.

At least Cuomo said that if you went to a protest assume youre infected.



Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk
blanko
Starter
Posts: 2,131
And1: 953
Joined: Mar 14, 2015

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#117 » by blanko » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:02 am

“No person will be asked proactively if they attended a protest,” Avery Cohen, a spokesperson for de Blasio, told THE CITY about the directive. “If a person wants to proactively offer that information, there is an opportunity for them to do so.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nationalreview.com/news/de-blasio-tells-covid-contract-tracers-not-to-ask-positive-cases-if-theyve-attended-blm-protests/amp/

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk
User avatar
NoDopeOnSundays
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,384
And1: 8,777
Joined: Nov 22, 2005
         

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#118 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:57 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
User avatar
NoDopeOnSundays
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,384
And1: 8,777
Joined: Nov 22, 2005
         

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#119 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:58 pm

blanko wrote:A shutdown again is pointless. We hand ten of thousands of people marching and shouting (some without masks) in every major us city.


Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk



Those people were largely wearing masks, as long as we continue to make masks necessary in public spaces we'll be good. The problem will be people coming from other states that don't want to wear masks.
User avatar
nyknicks09
Head Coach
Posts: 6,266
And1: 560
Joined: Apr 10, 2008
Location: Myrtle Beach

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#120 » by nyknicks09 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:02 pm

Cancel sports until next year. Prepare and educate your family on how to deal with COVID-19 whenever you go outside from your home.

Big corporations need to step up with their businesses on keeping hand sanitizers and masks throughout the place they do business from.


Do your part to combat this virus!
New York Knicks

Return to New York Knicks