ImageImageImageImageImage

Moar COVID 19 talk.

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, NoLayupRule, King of Canada, GONYK, mpharris36, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, Thugger HBC, j4remi, K-DOT, mrpoetryNmotion

User avatar
Fat Kat
RealGM
Posts: 27,029
And1: 17,427
Joined: Apr 19, 2004
     

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#161 » by Fat Kat » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:49 pm

Just drove past a youth football camp practice here in Arlington TX. Obviously no mask. Buckle up folks. We’re in for a long ride.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 59,856
And1: 27,070
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#162 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:55 pm

robillionaire wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Thepaintismine wrote:
Ouch Bro! I don't think Trump said dat! :lol:

I B more worried about the Governors who forced old folks with CV19 into nursing homes. That added at least 20,000 deaths!
Outright murder yo!

Image


Yo! Take yo right wing bullsh*t somewhere else


ballboy been posting his trumpian propaganda ever since registering lol


Thepaintismine is taking this ribbing like a champ! :lol: I think he deserves a promotion.
Image
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 37,363
And1: 26,071
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#163 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:58 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Oh my lord. Floridians are crazy



Omg. Get a load of the woke christian lunatic at the beginning of the clip.

Did they find the best collection of maniac karens to testify? Holy sh*t.


Like I've been saying all along, it is a chit show down here. I wear a gas mask with two N95 filters on the rare occasion I step into a store, because Florida is crawling with knuckle draggers who think they are exercising their freedom by not wearing a mask. Almost everyone I speak to locally has still got their head up their azz.

The Tampa Bay area is turning into the one of the hot zones outside of Miami-Dade Country and it is exponentiating here from hundreds of new daily cases to thousands.

What I expect this to mean is any efforts at containment in other parts of the country will be corrupted by the growth of these hot zones around the country. It basically takes 90-95% of people wearing masks in public to flatten the curve and, frankly, too many Americans just don't give a damn.

Europe is flipping us off now and saying hey knuckle draggers you're not welcome here.

The only potential upside now is if herd immunity is a thing, then we're well on our way to achieving it. All along, I assumed that 10-20x the people were infected vs. those confirmed. Now the CDC is saying it is 5-10X so I figure my 10X guesstimate was on the money.

Nationally, we've had 31M tested and over 2.5M infections and 127k Dead.

So on a 10X factor, that may project to over 25M infected and 1.25M dead if these hot zones continue and then spread it everywhere else which seems likely IMO.

Last thing, Florida is suppressing data still as far as I can tell. They fired their chief statistician for fighting back against DeSantis' demands to suppress covid data. And I recently read that Florida is keeping the death count low by only documenting deaths in the ICU and not people who obviously succumbed to covid under less controlled circumstances.

The medical system in Arizona is on the brink. Florida looks like it is next.
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 59,856
And1: 27,070
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#164 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:27 pm

The virus is more dangerous than we thought. Scientists just now beginning to understand the full nature of it.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/scientists-just-beginning-to-understand-the-many-health-problems-caused-by-covid-19_n_5ef77886c5b6acab28426268
Image
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 37,363
And1: 26,071
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#165 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:17 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:The virus is more dangerous than we thought. Scientists just now beginning to understand the full nature of it.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/scientists-just-beginning-to-understand-the-many-health-problems-caused-by-covid-19_n_5ef77886c5b6acab28426268


I keep telling people who refuse to listen to protect themselves, because it is not just who dies from this, but also how many end up with lifelong health issues due to organ damage.

This is still "just the flu" to large parts of the population, so even when they see the numbers soaring they are still under the false impression this is just about whether or not they have the sniffles for a couple of weeks.

The lies coming out the WH and Fox News caused great damage because so many people are stupid enough to keep repeating bad info from several months ago and they make zero efforts to upgrade their knowledge.
SARGO127
Head Coach
Posts: 6,601
And1: 1,838
Joined: Jan 11, 2004
Location: CT
       

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#166 » by SARGO127 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:01 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
User avatar
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 34,468
And1: 12,826
Joined: Jun 23, 2008
         

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#167 » by j4remi » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:24 pm

Helpful site here, you can search by state or county and get some useful information quickly:

https://www.covidactnow.org/?fbclid=IwAR06tl53mWnVWow_4kPbSaPfx87uTTiytnQWkiz0OzdyIHvfltYIEYqisxg&s=58173
PG - Morris/Caruso
SG - Booker/B Brown/Z.Smith
SF - Culver/Hood/S Brown
PF - Gallo/ Patterson/Niang
C - Gobert/Gafford/Hartenstein



Ex A. Kaba

Finally a Recaps Stash:
https://medium.com/@j4remi
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 37,060
And1: 33,731
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#168 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:15 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Oh my lord. Trump supporters are crazy


Fixed

Another one
Read on Twitter
Cavs Nation
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?

It's like when n*ggas make subliminal records
If it ain't directed directly at me, I don't respect it
User avatar
EnigmatiC
General Manager
Posts: 9,471
And1: 875
Joined: Mar 22, 2004
Location: As the world turns I spread like germs
       

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#169 » by EnigmatiC » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:42 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Oh my lord. Trump supporters are crazy


Fixed

Another one
Read on Twitter


The real scary part here is these people are voters :o
User avatar
Fat Kat
RealGM
Posts: 27,029
And1: 17,427
Joined: Apr 19, 2004
     

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#170 » by Fat Kat » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:06 am

Image
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
drekwins
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,270
And1: 2,873
Joined: Jun 05, 2008
     

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#171 » by drekwins » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:06 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:The virus is more dangerous than we thought. Scientists just now beginning to understand the full nature of it.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/scientists-just-beginning-to-understand-the-many-health-problems-caused-by-covid-19_n_5ef77886c5b6acab28426268


I keep telling people who refuse to listen to protect themselves, because it is not just who dies from this, but also how many end up with lifelong health issues due to organ damage.

This is still "just the flu" to large parts of the population, so even when they see the numbers soaring they are still under the false impression this is just about whether or not they have the sniffles for a couple of weeks.

The lies coming out the WH and Fox News caused great damage because so many people are stupid enough to keep repeating bad info from several months ago and they make zero efforts to upgrade their knowledge.


I really don't trust the red states to report accurate death numbers. Abbott and DeSantis are shaking in their pants, knowing full well that their reputation is tied to the outcome of the virus.
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 37,363
And1: 26,071
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#172 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:36 am

drekwins wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:The virus is more dangerous than we thought. Scientists just now beginning to understand the full nature of it.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/scientists-just-beginning-to-understand-the-many-health-problems-caused-by-covid-19_n_5ef77886c5b6acab28426268


I keep telling people who refuse to listen to protect themselves, because it is not just who dies from this, but also how many end up with lifelong health issues due to organ damage.

This is still "just the flu" to large parts of the population, so even when they see the numbers soaring they are still under the false impression this is just about whether or not they have the sniffles for a couple of weeks.

The lies coming out the WH and Fox News caused great damage because so many people are stupid enough to keep repeating bad info from several months ago and they make zero efforts to upgrade their knowledge.


I really don't trust the red states to report accurate death numbers. Abbott and DeSantis are shaking in their pants, knowing full well that their reputation is tied to the outcome of the virus.


DeSantis reputation is already ruined among any sentient Floridian which is admittedly a minority of the state's population.

It has been reported by numerous people from hospitals or leaked by state officials that DeSantis has blocked as much data as he could, but the surge is overwhelming so he can only suppress a portion of it. It's too big now to minimize it.

I'd bet the amount of covid deaths in Florida are at least double what has been reported since that is the key number DeSantis tried to suppress the most. We know that 40% or more of covid deaths come from assisted living facilities and it appears those numbers were suppressed in Florida. Considering this state is a retirement home, I'd say that means thousands of covid deaths in Florida are not accounted for.
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 59,856
And1: 27,070
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#173 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:45 am

drekwins wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:The virus is more dangerous than we thought. Scientists just now beginning to understand the full nature of it.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/scientists-just-beginning-to-understand-the-many-health-problems-caused-by-covid-19_n_5ef77886c5b6acab28426268


I keep telling people who refuse to listen to protect themselves, because it is not just who dies from this, but also how many end up with lifelong health issues due to organ damage.

This is still "just the flu" to large parts of the population, so even when they see the numbers soaring they are still under the false impression this is just about whether or not they have the sniffles for a couple of weeks.

The lies coming out the WH and Fox News caused great damage because so many people are stupid enough to keep repeating bad info from several months ago and they make zero efforts to upgrade their knowledge.


I really don't trust the red states to report accurate death numbers. Abbott and DeSantis are shaking in their pants, knowing full well that their reputation is tied to the outcome of the virus.


They should go down and go down quickly. They let the inmates runs the asylum and this is the result. They're incompetent Trump cocksuckers who sell their own people out for a buck.
Image
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 59,856
And1: 27,070
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#174 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:46 am

Fat Kat wrote:Image


Perfect!
Image
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 38,317
And1: 30,051
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: IGNOMANIA

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#175 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:17 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
drekwins wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
I keep telling people who refuse to listen to protect themselves, because it is not just who dies from this, but also how many end up with lifelong health issues due to organ damage.

This is still "just the flu" to large parts of the population, so even when they see the numbers soaring they are still under the false impression this is just about whether or not they have the sniffles for a couple of weeks.

The lies coming out the WH and Fox News caused great damage because so many people are stupid enough to keep repeating bad info from several months ago and they make zero efforts to upgrade their knowledge.


I really don't trust the red states to report accurate death numbers. Abbott and DeSantis are shaking in their pants, knowing full well that their reputation is tied to the outcome of the virus.


DeSantis reputation is already ruined among any sentient Floridian which is admittedly a minority of the state's population.

It has been reported by numerous people from hospitals or leaked by state officials that DeSantis has blocked as much data as he could, but the surge is overwhelming so he can only suppress a portion of it. It's too big now to minimize it.

I'd bet the amount of covid deaths in Florida are at least double what has been reported since that is the key number DeSantis tried to suppress the most. We know that 40% or more of covid deaths come from assisted living facilities and it appears those numbers were suppressed in Florida. Considering this state is a retirement home, I'd say that means thousands of covid deaths in Florida are not accounted for.


Yo B, but wut about does non sentient people!
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 37,363
And1: 26,071
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#176 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:33 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
drekwins wrote:
I really don't trust the red states to report accurate death numbers. Abbott and DeSantis are shaking in their pants, knowing full well that their reputation is tied to the outcome of the virus.


DeSantis reputation is already ruined among any sentient Floridian which is admittedly a minority of the state's population.

It has been reported by numerous people from hospitals or leaked by state officials that DeSantis has blocked as much data as he could, but the surge is overwhelming so he can only suppress a portion of it. It's too big now to minimize it.

I'd bet the amount of covid deaths in Florida are at least double what has been reported since that is the key number DeSantis tried to suppress the most. We know that 40% or more of covid deaths come from assisted living facilities and it appears those numbers were suppressed in Florida. Considering this state is a retirement home, I'd say that means thousands of covid deaths in Florida are not accounted for.


Yo B, but wut about does non sentient people!


Oh, you mean these guys?

Image

They Got an Upgrade

Image
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 37,363
And1: 26,071
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#177 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:38 am

Just a thought:

NYC was the site of large demonstrations, but perhaps enough of the participants wore masks thus preventing a larger surge in cases.

Maybe this mask thing is not such a bad idea after all.
Thepaintismine
Freshman
Posts: 57
And1: 30
Joined: Apr 17, 2020
       

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#178 » by Thepaintismine » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:20 pm

robillionaire wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Thepaintismine wrote:
Ouch Bro! I don't think Trump said dat! :lol:

I B more worried about the Governors who forced old folks with CV19 into nursing homes. That added at least 20,000 deaths!
Outright murder yo!

Image


Yo! Take yo right wing bullsh*t somewhere else


ballboy been posting his trumpian propaganda ever since registering lol


What does what those peeps have to do with Trump? I am mixed on a lot o politics.
They did some bad shizz against some oldies in nursing homes.
That has nuttin to do with Trumpy.
User avatar
NoDopeOnSundays
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,384
And1: 8,777
Joined: Nov 22, 2005
         

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#179 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:42 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
User avatar
Fat Kat
RealGM
Posts: 27,029
And1: 17,427
Joined: Apr 19, 2004
     

Re: Moar COVID 19 talk. 

Post#180 » by Fat Kat » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:26 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
drekwins wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
I keep telling people who refuse to listen to protect themselves, because it is not just who dies from this, but also how many end up with lifelong health issues due to organ damage.

This is still "just the flu" to large parts of the population, so even when they see the numbers soaring they are still under the false impression this is just about whether or not they have the sniffles for a couple of weeks.

The lies coming out the WH and Fox News caused great damage because so many people are stupid enough to keep repeating bad info from several months ago and they make zero efforts to upgrade their knowledge.


I really don't trust the red states to report accurate death numbers. Abbott and DeSantis are shaking in their pants, knowing full well that their reputation is tied to the outcome of the virus.


They should go down and go down quickly. They let the inmates runs the asylum and this is the result. They're incompetent Trump cocksuckers who sell their own people out for a buck.


Image
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®

Return to New York Knicks